WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I should have placed solid bets with people thinking they were going to get over MSRP for these things. Could have bought a second Pro R with my proceeds......

The whole situation is nuts...

The Dealership by me has a Tallon Live Valve R that has been sitting there for awhile.

They put on sale awhile back, for 19.9k 😱

I called em and said I'll take it, but they need to throw in an extended warranty.

No problem!

I'll just post the screenshot of my final text messages with them.

Needless to say, they won't selling that car to me!

Screenshot_20230902_085224_Messages.jpg

Last edited:

pixrthis

Reaction score
Based on what I see at Bert’s they don’t come that set up. I’ve only seen the RZRs and Can Ams being unloaded but there’s some work to do before they’re ready to sell. I just bought a KTM 300 and they had to map the computer before it left. I was told they don’t do it so it won’t run if someone steals it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Based on what I see at Bert’s they don’t come that set up. I’ve only seen the RZRs and Can Ams being unloaded but there’s some work to do before they’re ready to sell. I just bought a KTM 300 and they had to map the computer before it left. I was told they don’t do it so it won’t run if someone steals it.

Oh how I hate you now!!! 🤣

Can't wait to see the pics. 👍🏼👍🏼

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Key word is was, no one wants to pay that kinda money for a oil leaker

I’m not gonna go back and look but I believe I said I’m making 15 on. The car at todays price plus another 25% on mods..

Selling for todays price plus 5 nets 20 on the car itself

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have had a lot of offers for Todays pricing.. I think I’m gonna keep the first and sell the second. I’m tired of not having a car..

Wait two weeks for the next announcement from rdp.. the speed haters are gonna go Fuckin nuts. Lol. 😳🤪

RD

Tired of waiting you say?

outboard_256

Reaction score
I just docusigned all of my final delivery docs, will be picking up on Sunday the 17th.

Congrats. Are you picking up at SSSS? Last year when I said Robby was planning on delivering at the show I got jumped on by several people saying I was wrong and no way could they deliver at the show. It was illegal, etc etc. Wondering if it is really going to be cars delivered at the show.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Congrats. Are you picking up at SSSS? Last year when I said Robby was planning on delivering at the show I got jumped on by several people saying I was wrong and no way could they deliver at the show. It was illegal, etc etc. Wondering if it is really going to be cars delivered at the show.
I'm picking up, after the SSSS closes on Sunday, at 4pm.
I also remember seeing and relayed to folks that people could not take procession at the SSSS, guess I was wrong. they said I'll be getting about an hour with someone to go over the car, connect it to my phone, learn how to change a belt etc....then I can load it up.

My plan is to go directly to Golden Shores, unload it and take a small night cruise, then a morning cruise, but I'm going to need to come home Monday evening.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They can’t deliver AT the sand show.. but they can deliver outside of it.. or somewhere near it?

To my knowledge nobody even knows where the hell robby is gonna stick all these cars? That’s a lot of cars to put somewhere..

Fishd00d

Reaction score
They can’t deliver AT the sand show.. but they can deliver outside of it.. or somewhere near it?

To my knowledge nobody even knows where the hell robby is gonna stick all these cars? That’s a lot of cars to put somewhere..
He bought the old Mercedes dealership not far from the SSSS, he has TONS of room now!

AiiRaciing

Reaction score

What’s the reasoning(legal I’m assuming) they can’t be delivered AT the show?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Early, first X3's were delivered in the SSSS parking lot.

AiiRaciing

Reaction score

Fishd00d

Reaction score
If multiple people heard the same thing its probably true then.....lets see whats next cause they are going to need storage ASAP!

AiiRaciing

Reaction score
If you guys missed it, RG was just live and he said he’s expecting 99 cars to be delivered to his Corona facility this week

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
If you guys missed it, RG was just live and he said he’s expecting 99 cars to be delivered to his Corona facility this week
Also said working on the 2024 CARB/EPA tune, good to hear they started that process early. Or maybe it's late considering it's working with the government.

Deano

Reaction score
My only concern about speed Utv is this transmission.. I actually told Robbie he should have just made it forward neutral and reverse.. people trying to shift these things on the fly is gonna turn into a nightmare..
Not sure if they have it, but I think an ignition kill while it slams into gear would work great.

EPL

Reaction score
I thought the other day he said there was going to be 165 cars ??

ZSTIV

Reaction score
I thought the other day he said there was going to be 165 cars ??
There're another 165 cars on the water which brings them to the high 200's that he talked about two weeks ago. They also were shipping high 200's El Jefe's last week. Remember there is about 100-150 bandits in this mix as well.

CommanderLee

Reaction score
I saw one in the wild over the weekend in Willow Valley. First saw it Saturday morning at a gas station as I was driving by. Then it came flying down the SXS super highway that runs behind our house. Its a dirt road between our place and the alfalfa fields and he came by faster than anything else on that road that I have ever seen. Car looked and sounded good.

sandshark1

Reaction score
I'm picking up, after the SSSS closes on Sunday, at 4pm.
I also remember seeing and relayed to folks that people could not take procession at the SSSS, guess I was wrong. they said I'll be getting about an hour with someone to go over the car, connect it to my phone, learn how to change a belt etc....then I can load it up.

My plan is to go directly to Golden Shores, unload it and take a small night cruise, then a morning cruise, but I'm going to need to come home Monday evening.

Congrats!!!

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
Not sure if they have it, but I think an ignition kill while it slams into gear would work great.
It can be done, but would require some sensors on the shift linkage to trigger the ignition cut. I am somewhat sure that the ECU has the program capabilities. We talked about it during the design process, but things were too far along to add that feature into what was already done on their end.

stonehenge

Reaction score

Bam! Game changer! "this is the holy grail, all else will bow to the messiah"

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score

Bam! Game changer! "this is the holy grail, all else will bow to the messiah"
SMH....Additions like this just keep adding to the MSRP and more moving parts to fail on these UTVs. Cost of ownership is already through the roof

Groper

Reaction score
I posted a similar photo last week on another site and was told they keep those up for months after the sale. Which I think is strange, because if I buy an old dealership I’d want that down asap(But that’s me).

Is it 16.5 containers equaling 99 cars or 27.5 containers equaling 165 cars?
Eighter way I find it hard to believe that SPEED could accommodate this many containers in one shipment, you would need a few acres to off load and unload and a 100k sqft. bldg. along with several employee's.
Does SPEED have a large facility in Corona?
LHC received only a few containers with the very first shipment and that was a big deal.