WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My only concern about speed Utv is this transmission.. I actually told Robbie he should have just made it forward neutral and reverse.. people trying to shift these things on the fly is gonna turn into a nightmare..

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
Here is my number at the shop if anyone knows the guy and wants to forward it to him. I can probably discuss a few things with him and figure out the problem in a few minutes.

Sean at Weddle Industries: 805-562-8600
[email protected]

Any and all talk on here until I get actual first hand information from the customer having the issue is just plain speculation.

I'll be happy to respond here with my conclusion once the issue has been sorted out.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Here is my number at the shop if anyone knows the guy and wants to forward it to him. I can probably discuss a few things with him and figure out the problem in a few minutes.

Sean at Weddle Industries: 805-562-8600
[email protected]

Any and all talk on here until I get actual first hand information from the customer having the issue is just plain speculation.

I'll be happy to respond here with my conclusion once the issue has been sorted out.
Robby needs you as his PR guy. Prefessional as always! 👍🏻

outboard_256

Reaction score
Robby needs you as his PR guy. Prefessional as always! 👍🏻
Robby does just fine, he already identified the issue.

speed_excuse_1.jpeg

speed_excuse_2.jpeg

speed_excuse_3.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
there is a guy sub #500 who wants 44 for a LE. here is build sheet. 60K speeds are no more. profit guys are dropping like a rock View attachment 1270892
I think you can sell at todays price plus 5k after you have taken delivery.
But @RiverDave early numbers are still for sale, so that tells me the demand is not what everyone thought it would be.

Singleton

Reaction score
We are also in prime season for buying right now
yep. I think everyone is waiting to see SSSS prices.
I just want my 90 quad to move with little work. Might drop the price to RD members just to move it without dealing with FB marketplace

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Seems like someone knows more about Robbie Gordons Speed vehicles than he does....lol Come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will let you guys figure out who that is

:)

DLC

Reaction score
If you had an actual Date that mattered for the delivery, some might sell Faster….

But Speed delivery dates are clear as MUD…

Fishd00d

Reaction score
If you had an actual Date that mattered for the delivery, some might sell Faster….

But Speed delivery dates are clear as MUD…
When there is multiple units that are being delivered at the sand show (supposedly) for sale for MSRP then its hard to try and get more for one you don't know when will be here haha.

pixrthis

Reaction score
You of all people no doubt understand the possibility intentions from the beginning Speed UTV will have much smaller market share compared to all major manufacturers.
Compare the point i’m trying to make as you yourself ordered and patiently waited for your Skater built to your specifications. On any day & any lake how many Skaters you going to see? The ownership,transportation,maintenance etc of a Skater requires an education in itself just to own that boat. SXS also far from a product for the masses as cars & pick -up trucks etc.
Gotta say your Skater build thread was interesting from start to finish,the trailer alone was incredible. Many of us know damn well you earned it.
I completely understand your point but have to ask, if a more user friendly boat out performed his Skater would he feel ripped off or duped?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I completely understand your point but have to ask, if a more user friendly boat out performed his Skater would he feel ripped off or duped?
He should’nt and doubt he would. The build threads alone over the years indicate anything is possible around here.

pixrthis

Reaction score
Looks like boat in your avatar runs & does ok also. 👍
Stoker ok is very different than Skater ok but I wanted a boat to race that I didn’t need sponsors and it has worked great for that. This year it will become our river boat which my wife will most probably not be happy with. Oh well, such is life

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Back for the 4th time in a month, but everything is going good? His fault because he put it in park on a hill? WTF. If this thing can’t be be put in park on a hill this is not for the masses. Everyone was impressed on how fast these were delivered, I feel they delivered them to fast, it’s clear more R&D should have been done before these were released to the public.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Back for the 4th time in a month, but everything is going good? His fault because he put it in park on a hill? WTF. If this thing can’t be be put in park on a hill this is not for the masses. Everyone was impressed on how fast these were delivered, I feel they delivered them to fast, it’s clear more R&D should have been done before these were released to the public.

It was Never Meant to be a car for the masses or recreation. It was Meant to be a competition/race car.

But with that being said...

I agree with everything else you just said completely.

I'm glad my daddy taught me, never buy a first year model release of Anything.

sandshark1

Reaction score

I know with my Polaris and the Can Am if you park on too steep of a hill and put it in park it can be a bitch to get it in gear. However, you normally have someone rock it back to take the pressure off and it will shift into gear or pull hard enough and it will go into gear.

Dude in the video seems to be happy now.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RG said in his own words that the production Speed car isn't a competition/race car !

Well...

I do recall him saying that the warranty was voided if you raced the thing.

But I also remember him saying he would be there with full support AT THE RACES!

So let's see what his own words say next! 🤣🤣🤣

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Well...

I do recall him saying that the warranty was voided if you raced the thing.

But I also remember him saying he would be there with full support AT THE RACES!

So let's see what his own words say next! 🤣🤣🤣

Depends on the definition of 'support'
If it's no charge for whatever's broken on a pretty new car - that's great.
If Speed is selling replacements for stuff broken during a race ; I see a massive profit center.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If Speed is selling replacements for stuff broken during a race ; I see a massive profit center.

Not sure I'd call the number of cars out there "massive", but yeah, you are correct.

💯

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
I recall myself and a bunch of others almost getting killed by a rzr in "park" on top of chocolate thunder a couple of years ago, barreling down the hill where you spectate, over the cliff and onto the trail below. I have never owned a rzr but what I was told is it was pretty common issue with them at some point, they just "pop" out of park.

JayBreww

Reaction score
The last YouTube video they went over it, you’ll be charged for replacement parts at races.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So we're very close to the desert season now... how many members have gotten their cars?