WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

riverroyal

Reaction score
Because it’s already pretty much the best of what’s available right now. Boxed an arms came factory. Oversized bypass shocks are stock. 300m axles are stock etc.. not sure how you’d improve on some of this stuff?
That's kinda what I'm saying. You, me, lof, don't know how to improve it.
Nobody knew what the x3 and RzR needed when it debut as well.
It's the utv freaks, they will find a way to make something slightly better.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's kinda what I'm saying. You, me, lof, don't know how to improve it.
Nobody knew what the x3 and RzR needed when it debut as well.
It's the utv freaks, they will find a way to make something slightly better.

I’m sure there will be aftermarket parts offered by many companies for the speed. The foundation of the car I believe to be much stronger than what’s currently available in the sxs market.

I will say from my buddies in the offroad industry. I’m talking the guys that actually build race cars / trophy trucks etc.. they say the speed is the first “real car”. The chassis, cage, suspension etc is actually built for real deal safety / abuse.

They also have severe reservations about other things though. Parts after the fact, business relationships with the Chinese etc..

I personally believe Robby is gonna pull this off, and I placed a couple bets early on to that affect via early cars.

RD

Last edited:

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Speed has acquired a large car dealerships old building/location in Anaheim, its massive. More than enough room for 100 cars a week haha

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Speed has acquired a large car dealerships old building/location in Anaheim, its massive. More than enough room for 100 cars a week haha

I know he had his race shop down there.. This is a new facility?

RD

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
You the same guy did commentary KOH ? Maybe I have similar screen name in mind?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
looks like Nick is testing the new Tensor tire!!!
426299.1000039165.jpg

JayBreww

Reaction score
How can he review them? That’s a different RR it looks like to me?
The front left appears to be different than a Speed tire though as well?

Edit: The trailing arm blended in with the trailer, it looks the same as the rear.

Last edited:

Fishd00d

Reaction score
He probably only had 4 of them and got a flat and put his spare (speed tire) on.

brecht

Reaction score
could just not fit on the trailer....tensors look wider and both sidewalls are touching the sides

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Haven’t logged in for over a year. Still no cars? Where’s ol’ Carl in all of this? Did he get top dollar for his “spots”? Somebody clue me in, because I’m not interested in going back thru that many posts. Cliff notes!
I dont believe Carl has sold a single car. Hes still asking top dollar.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I asked for cliff notes. Not sure what “grand reveal” you’re referring to, but feel free to link said video.
I'm completely not interested in digging thru videos, I gave ya the cliff notes regarding Carl.

Other cliff notes, there's 45 cars delivered so far, Myself and @RiverDave both have cars coming in the 30 days, and a bunch more.
Speed bought a vacant car dealership in Anaheim.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
I'm completely not interested in digging thru videos, I gave ya the cliff notes regarding Carl.

Other cliff notes, there's 45 cars delivered so far, Myself and @RiverDave both have cars coming in the 30 days, and a bunch more.
Speed bought a vacant car dealership in Anaheim.
I’ll check back in later, hope you guys finally get what you’ve been waiting for. Y’all have a patience level that’s bar none!

1Carl

Reaction score
Those UTVs sell for under the asking price and using a Ford Bronco Raptor as a reason people should overpay for a Speed UTV you are selling is silly. You the difference between the examples you listed and your Speed UTV? You can actually take the vehicles in your example home and use them. They also come with dealer support and a part network

Until RG starts proving he is delivering more than 9 cars a month no many are going to believe his claim of 99 cars a week.

Better get your Speed UTVs sold while you can. Going to get more difficult for you once the new Can Am is released.
Lol. Once it comes out and everyone sees the S-10 truck suspension on it they’ll be lining up to purchase a speed. RG has patents on all the suspension and it will take 5-8 years at least to catch up with speed. Why do you think Polaris put an axle thru a shock fork? The can am suspension geometry will still be crap. Order your limit straps now.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lol. Once it comes out and everyone sees the S-10 truck suspension on it they’ll be lining up to purchase a speed. RG has patents on all the suspension and it will take 5-8 years at least to catch up with speed. Why do you think Polaris put an axle thru a shock fork? The can am suspension geometry will still be crap. Order your limit straps now.

Interesting. What Exactly did he "patent" on the Speed suspension that hasn't been done before?

🍿🍿

Groper

Reaction score
I wonder what vacant dealership yawl are talking about? 🤔
There's the old motorsports building and one across the street on the corner of Anaheim Blvd & Ball, that would be a great location, right off the 5 fwy and close to all the Brewery's up the street. 😁

1Carl

Reaction score
They’ve already proven your point! Every ad I’ve seen for the ones for sale have at least 10k in add ons. That’s to a car that hasn’t even been built yet just wait until they actually get the cars I’m guessing most will end up being at the same if the started with a can am or even more when all is said and done.
I have 4 cars with no accessories for sale. Just add what you want. 3 are RG El Jefes and 1 LE El Jefe

JL95

Reaction score
Was that fletcher jones? How can mercedes not survive in anaheim lol

sandshark1

Reaction score

You mean RG has a patent on suspension designs that have been around for decades and it will take the others time to catch up. Did you happen to go for a ride with Marty in a Delorean? LMAO!!!!

They put the axle through a shock fork because it worked for what they were trying to achieve with the front suspension. In case you never looked - Arctic Cat was mounting the shock to the lower arm long before RG. Can Am suspension geometry may not be optimal, but no denying the X3 works and is a blast to drive.

Do you read RGs power points every morning so you can repeat them when you post something?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You mean RG has a patent on suspension designs that have been around for decades and it will take the others time to catch up. Did you happen to go for a ride with Marty in a Delorean? LMAO!!!!

They put the axle through a shock fork because it worked for what they were trying to achieve with the front suspension. In case you never looked - Arctic Cat was mounting the shock to the lower arm long before RG. Can Am suspension geometry may not be optimal, but no denying the X3 works and is a blast to drive.

Do you read RGs power points every morning so you can repeat them when you post something?

106 posts on rdp.. no shit 105 of them are hating on the speed utv. Lol

Tell me you’re a hater without telling me you’re a hater. 😳

RD

EmpirE231

Reaction score
lol sorry just laughing because S10's were known for having crappy suspension geometry, hence why no shops built a legit long travel S10 suspension kit. Most bad ass S10 prerunners back in the day were swapped to I-BEAMS.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
lol sorry just laughing because S10's were known for having crappy suspension geometry, hence why no shops built a legit long travel S10 suspension kit. Most bad ass S10 prerunners back in the day were swapped to I-BEAMS.
My guess is Carl has no idea what he's talking about, he's only repeating some shit he saw on @Fishd00d IG and FB, where there was an S-10 built along time ago with spindles like that. It was on the old Dezert-Rangers forum, and was a laughing stock. People that have been around awhile remember it, and are referencing the design of the Can-Am to that old S-10.

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
Did you miss the full recall on the trans to start with? Maybe they are good now time will tell. The motor has had issues with the oiling system a few times and they have had to redo some stuff on that system. Once again not perfect out of the gate. The Pro R has been a SUPER reliable car so far. I know multiple people with stock ones and they have had 0 issues. The only issues I know of were a few people broke balljoints when hitting a big G out (polars made bigger ones now) and there was a bad batch of a few clutches, thats it. There are no belt, cv, drivetrain, brake, other issues yet that I have seen.
Based on what I see happening in race cars; front diffs, wet clutch in trans, and CV joints/axles will eventually be an issue on all Pro-R's.

Wet clutch in trans will either wear discs to the point where they no longer have enough preload, then slip and lose drive to front diff. This has already happened on a few "recreational" cars.

Front diff will loose ring gear bolts, and blow out the needle bearing in the main housing, requiring a whole new front diff. Seen this more than a few times, got our fixes sorted out for these issues.

Seen more than a few rear CV joint and axles breakages in race cars. CV joints are too small for the power, and running too much angle.

Just like all other previous versions, once you put enough miles and hard use on them, drivetrain components will need some attention on way or another. That goes for all brands, including the Speed.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Based on what I see happening in race cars; front diffs, wet clutch in trans, and CV joints/axles will eventually be an issue on all Pro-R's.

Wet clutch in trans will either wear discs to the point where they no longer have enough preload, then slip and lose drive to front diff. This has already happened on a few "recreational" cars.

Front diff will loose ring gear bolts, and blow out the needle bearing in the main housing, requiring a whole new front diff. Seen this more than a few times, got our fixes sorted out for these issues.

Seen more than a few rear CV joint and axles breakages in race cars. CV joints are too small for the power, and running too much angle.

Just like all other previous versions, once you put enough miles and hard use on them, drivetrain components will need some attention on way or another. That goes for all brands, including the Speed.
Ya I think you should plan on replacing most drivetrain parts eventually. Just how long do they last is the question. Racing is a totally different world and you know that better than anyone. If you drive a car nice you can get a lot of miles out of it.