WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

DLC

Reaction score
flash Back

way way back in the Rhino days…

Gorilla axles would pop out ( if you had a LT kit ) I believe one side was a tad longer that the other side. I had extra axles and spare clips to pop in… The clips were a Bitch to push in. Had to chamfer the one side to get them to seat.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I don't think they can actually deliver at the SSSS, they could probably do some sort of mock delivery.

I'm an AZ customer, so I can't take delivery in Cali anyway.

They will probably have the Anaheim location open and do the paper work there and pick up the car at the show? I never know speeds actual plans but your e-mail states sand sports super show. I am guessing they are naming it for a reason.

DLC

Reaction score
It says …

early September or
Sancho Delivery Date

Not really crystal clear on that…

Fishd00d

Reaction score
They will probably have the Anaheim location open and do the paper work there and pick up the car at the show? I never know speeds actual plans but your e-mail states sand sports super show. I am guessing they are naming it for a reason.
They aren't allowed to deliver a car in CA unless its being registered in CA or at least paying CA tax on it i'm 99% sure.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
They aren't allowed to deliver a car in CA unless its being registered in CA or at least paying CA tax on it i'm 99% sure.
This is true, you have to take delivery in the state it's being registered.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

This is true, you have to take delivery in the state it's being registered.

That doesn't make much sense?

People by trucks, cars and boats all the time out of state. Why would this be any different?

You just register it in your state of residence, pay those taxes and done.

Didn't people who live back east, take delivery in Havasu, initially? 🤷‍♂️

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
That doesn't make much sense?

People by trucks, cars and boats all the time out of state. Why would this be any different?

You just register it in your state of residence, pay those taxes and done.

Didn't people who live back east, take delivery in Havasu, initially? 🤷‍♂️
It's California, nothing makes sense, but I'll tell you for a fact, when I bought my Motorhome, it had to be driven across Arizona state line for me to take possession of it.

sandshark1

Reaction score
I don't think they can actually deliver at the SSSS, they could probably do some sort of mock delivery.

I'm an AZ customer, so I can't take delivery in Cali anyway.

Wonder how the dealers do it when they sell a vehicle at the Sand Show to non-CA residents.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
A quick search shows that people who are not registering their vehicle in CA take delivery out of state so they do not have to pay CA sales tax. Otherwise there is nothing preventing anyone from taking delivery in CA.
Yep like I thought you have to pay tax if you take delivery here, I know people who buy SXS here and take delivery in Yuma for this reason.....

EPL

Reaction score
I know people who have purchased vehicles here in Northern California that lived in Oregon and Washington and to keep from paying the sales tax etc for California the dealers would take the vehicle to the Oregon border and give it to them .

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Buddy did that for 3 years

bought a truck in Oregon and had paper plates on it

rickym20

Reaction score
When we bought our RZR , I was going to register in AZ but decided just to do Ca for a season or so. One requirement that they were willing to do is present a “bill of Lading” showing it was getting shipped out of state. Not sure how closely those BOL’s are looked at….

c_land

Reaction score
WTF is this power wheels lookin ass thing.

9DFC7143-65B6-4422-9345-FF1560FB4CE5.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Frt end looks funky… A arms are off…

but your right need to see it in person

Sancho!

@RiverDave
Are you doing your normal trip? Private jet & maestros …

we have a group going Friday night…

DLC

Reaction score
I’m gonna stay in my 22 can am that’s paid for. I’m too poor to keep getting the latest and greatest. I’ll check back in 2033.
Mine is a 2018 !

runs perfect! no issues just maintenance

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Frt end looks funky… A arms are off…

but your right need to see it in person

Sancho!

@RiverDave
Are you doing your normal trip? Private jet & maestros …

we have a group going Friday night…

Most likely. It’s kind of a tradition at this point.. lol.

If not I’ll drive out and stay the night

arch stanton

Reaction score
I was just looking at the sand show website Gates is advertising an all new belt that is going to replace the other 2 they offer more heat resistant, longer life ect
Speed has 2 good sized areas and I bet lots of other sxs will debut there

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You guys Are a funny bunch...

A Funco sand rail isn't the best Looking car, but it out performs Everything out there.

I think it Looks bad azz. And the way that suspension looks? I can't wait to see the specs on how much travel it has.

Also looks like it could possibly have an active sway bar in the rear. Another page out of the BMW playbook.

The bar has officially been raised to the next level. 👍🏼👍🏼

riverroyal

Reaction score
IF this is it the good news is it sure looks like the current X3 accessories will bolt up. Seats, lights etc. Cage looks the same

sandshark1

Reaction score
Can Am suspension is funky and I will have to see it in person.

Looks like it comes with a big turbo and DCT transmission.

ZSTIV

Reaction score

A Funco sand rail isn't the best Looking car, but it out performs Everything out there.

I think it Looks bad azz. And the way that suspension looks? I can't wait to see the specs on how much travel it has.

Also looks like it could possibly have an active sway bar in the rear. Another page out of the BMW playbook.

LMAO you can have your own opinion, but no bar will have been raised lol
Maybe in the ugly department, but that's subjective.
Will still have spend 20-40K setting the car up correctly and with that just throwing the chassis away would probably be the best starting point. :)

sandshark1

Reaction score
Will still have spend 20-40K setting the car up correctly and with that just throwing the chassis away would probably be the best starting point. :)

We shall see. I am thinking 250-300hp and DCT transmission might sway people to overlook the funkiness of the look of the suspension. Who knows it might perform really well.

There are a lot of improvements I see in the chassis over the current X3.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

It’s still a radius arm car. Nothing really revolutionary. I’m interested in what they did to the front end suspension.

You’re right about the Funco’s. Amazing duning cars. I just can’t get over the looks of them.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
The 6 lug hubs will solve their CV/boot issue also I bet, those are massive. Sequential trans eliminates belts, Probably close to 300HP, Massive rear trailing arms eliminate the cracking issue on the X3. Front suspension is weird as hell looking but I bet you it cycles super clean and no bumpsteer or steering feedback.......

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Wow, gee! Thanks so much for allowing me to have my own opinion!

Gosh I don't know how I ever lived this long without your approval!

You're the best. 🤗🤣

Actually what I meant was...

Speed has raised the bar for everyone else out there. I guess I wasn't clear on that? My bad.

If anyone was thinking that all the other manufacturers were gonna just sit in their laurels and watch Speed take the lead, they were Sadly mistaken.

I've said from the beginning that the only thing Speed has done with releasing all their product info early was to "raise the bar" for everyone else.

The Pro R and this new CanAm are the direct result. The Sand Sports show should be fun. 👍🏼

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Wow, gee! Thanks so much for allowing me to have my own opinion!

Gosh I don't know how I ever lived this long without your approval!

You're the best. 🤗🤣

Actually what I meant was...

Speed has raised the bar for everyone else out there. I guess I wasn't clear on that? My bad.

If anyone was thinking that all the other manufacturers were gonna just sit in their laurels and watch Speed take the lead, they were Sadly mistaken.

I've said from the beginning that the only thing Speed has done with releasing all their product info early was to "raise the bar" for everyone else.

The Pro R and this new CanAm are the direct result. The Sand Sports show should be fun. 👍🏼
You do realize the Pro R and this Can-Am were designed BEFORE Speed was even a company right? lol

Both were testing these cars in 2018,19ish or so.....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You do realize the Pro R and this Can-Am were designed BEFORE Speed was even a company right? lol

Possibly?

I know in the automotive industry it takes 5 to 7 years to get a vehicle from paper to the showroom.

I'm thinking a SxS, from an established manufacturer with all the supply channels in place, wouldn't take more than a couple of years max?

How long ago did the Wildcat concept come out? 🤷‍♂️

DLC

Reaction score
Well it’s redesigned ! Still has the radius rods just relocated.
sway bar is behind the tire, instead of in frt of the rear tire.

Im kind of surprised the knuckle is so tall - on both ends. Need to see it in person!

wonder how much weight it gained?
IMG_8776.jpeg
IMG_8777.jpeg

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Possibly?

I know in the automotive industry it takes 5 to 7 years to get a vehicle from paper to the showroom.

I'm thinking a SxS, from an established manufacturer with all the supply channels in place, wouldn't take more than a couple of years max?

The ProR was 100% testing 5 years ago, before RG announced the Speed.
I can also say, I was staying in Barstow 4 years ago, and CanAm was out testing and filming something in secret. The film guys had signed an NDA and wouldn't say shit.

DLC

Reaction score
I know Covid delayed the Can Am redesign.

BRP is turn 50 this year so it’s a good point to release the new car.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Possibly?

Its not possibly, its true lol. Speed has not raised the bar on anything that any new machine coming out right now has copied. What parts of the Speed do you think raised the bar?

sandshark1

Reaction score
Possibly?

It is around a 5 year cycle from concept to deliver to consumer. The Pro R and new Can Am release were delayed due to Covid and supply issues.