WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think people will be lucky to make a few grand. Who wants to purchase a vehicle that has only one location to get any work done on it and only one location to get parts, if needed. Until they get a dealer network setup and running I do not see these cars selling fast, even with desert/dune season coming.

Add in the new Can Am that should be revealed this month. I bet many of the Speed UTVs for sale will be reduced even further.

The base price of the car has gone up 15K.. Accessories like 25-30%..

I have Car 113 or 326 for Sale! Note I'm only selling one not both. Both cars are nearly identical (one has a roof rack, the other has some other options but both are close in price). All accessories have been paid for along with deposits etc. Todays Pricing plus 5K. I have been assured both will be here before the season.

Here is the list of accessories for 326. (I built both of them like I would build a car for myself). If interested please give me a call at 949-678-8369.

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 12.06.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 12.34.14 PM.png

sandshark1

Reaction score

I have Car 113 or 326 for Sale! Note I'm only selling one not both. Both cars are nearly identical (one has a roof rack, the other has some other options but both are close in price). All accessories have been paid for along with deposits etc. Todays Pricing plus 5K. I have been assured both will be here before the season.

Here is the list of accessories for 326. (I built both of them like I would build a car for myself). If interested please give me a call at 949-678-8369.

View attachment 1260375

View attachment 1260376

I am sure you will get it sold. You have a lot of room to go down in price and still make money.

1Carl

Reaction score

View attachment 1260375

View attachment 1260376
you’ll selling these for $55k with all these accessories? That’s a great deal.

Attachments

• IMG_8984.png
    IMG_8984.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 43

1Carl

Reaction score
You’re selling to cheap. At Sands show in October with sand season starting these are $90-100K cars easily. People saying market is drying up but every Ford Bronco Raptor listed for $20k over MSRP is selling as fast as dealerships list them. Wait a little longer to sell.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
You’re selling to cheap. At Sands show in October with sand season starting these are $90-100K cars easily. People saying market is drying up but every Ford Bronco Raptor listed for $20k over MSRP is selling as fast as dealerships list them. Wait a little longer to sell.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH keep thinking that Carl, I would be saying the same thing if I had 5-6 of them I was trying to flip for top dollar as well. The market is what it is. Dave will be lucky to get 55K....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Upland Ford shows ten Broncos in stock...

You realize just because YOU say something, doesn't mean it's true, right?

🤔🤣🤷‍♂️

1Carl

Reaction score
Upland Ford shows ten Broncos in stock...

You realize just because YOU say something, doesn't mean it's true, right?

🤔🤣🤷‍♂️
I said Bronco Raptor $20K+ over MSRP and Hertigage Limited $10K+ over MSRP. Selling as fast as they are listed.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Those Can ams have so much power!

It tossed the owner out the window in 2 wheel drive!
must have broken his seat belt also…

Can’t wait for the new one to be released!

lol
I will be ready to leave a deposit...and get it a few months later

Reactions: DLC

riverroyal

Reaction score
I think if these are as amazing as the deposit holders claim, they should give rides when their 1st one shows up.
Like a car show test drive

bentprops

Reaction score
How about “divorce forces sale”? Should he be punished or celebrated with his asking price?
Yeah a judge or judgement may force you to sell something. A baby don't give a rats ass if you ride around in a barbie mobile. Some nip and a squeeky toy and kids are content. Iv made a lot of money buying things and selling them for more. The dude can list if for a 1 million for all i care.
drevil-300x294.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think if these are as amazing as the deposit holders claim, they should give rides when their 1st one shows up.
Like a car show test drive

Most manufacturers just hand their cars over to the magazines for write ups.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Most manufacturers just hand their cars over to the magazines for write ups.
Doesn't sound like you've dealt with many magazine publishers or editors.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like you've dealt with many magazine publishers or editors.

Well.......

During the years I worked at JMS Racing, I lost track of the times Peterson Publishing showed up to take over the shop for one thing or another.

They were Constantly testing stuff, and used JMS to do it on a regular basis.

So yeah, I have a bit of experience with them.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Well.......

During the years I worked at JMS Racing, I lost track of the times Peterson Publishing showed up to take over the shop for one thing or another.

They were Constantly testing stuff, and used JMS to do it on a regular basis.

So yeah, I have a bit of experience with them.

I had no idea Hot Rod wrote articles about you. I'd go back to check them out but I gave all my old Hot Rod Mags to @Maw.

Let me know when a new article comes out and I'll be sure to read it. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It says the car is 55 + accessories. In short cost today plus 5k.. which is still pretty cheap IMO

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHAH keep thinking that Carl, I would be saying the same thing if I had 5-6 of them I was trying to flip for top dollar as well. The market is what it is. Dave will be lucky to get 55K....

Are you saying with the accessories? Or for the car?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I had no idea Hot Rod wrote articles about you. I'd go back to check them out but I gave all my old Hot Rod Mags to @Maw.

Let me know when a new article comes out and I'll be sure to read it. :)

Not me, Mike. But I was definitely involved in a few.

What exactly was your point anyway?? 😜

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Are you saying with the accessories? Or for the car?
The car as factory equipped at the 50K Speed MSRP mark. Doubtful you will get full price on all the accessories on top of that also though.

There are cars for sale right now for current MSRP and they are not sold......

Also if anyone wants a utv right now I know of a badass Pro R with 800 miles fully built for Baja including a 30gallon fuel tank for 65K.........

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The car as factory equipped at the 50K Speed MSRP mark. Doubtful you will get full price on all the accessories on top of that also though.

There are cars for sale right now for current MSRP and they are not sold......

Also if anyone wants a utv right now I know of a badass Pro R with 800 miles fully built for Baja including a 30gallon fuel tank for 65K.........

I saw that link on the previous page where the guy is asking 70K. The car is an LE, with window nets, a spare belt, and blinkers. So he's got 4'ish in accessories and the car is 45K to purchase right now.. Total 50'ish all in at todays prices (minus tax). He wants 70 that's a 20'ish k mark up (minus tax again)

When I put mine up, it's a 50K car (RG), and it has 23'ish in accessories. I asked for 5K mark up. (+ tax because no delivery yet)
If it doesn't sell here pretty soon, I guess I could just ditch the 5K mark up, and I'd expect it to be gone extremely quickly because that's what someone would have to pay today, and they are going to get a car before season starts. Or I could go the other way, just take delivery of the thing, and take the car and the title down to Glamis and put "for sale" on it, or better yet just take it down to the Keys in Parker and someone will buy it in minutes. At which point $$$$$$. Dunno.. LOL.

I think a lot of people see the 70K on mine and think that I'm gouging.. but they aren't realizing that there's 20+K in shit I put on it and the car itself is 5K more than the other ones that are out there (to my knowledge)

RD

Fishd00d

Reaction score
I saw that link on the previous page where the guy is asking 70K. The car is an LE, with window nets, a spare belt, and blinkers. So he's got 4'ish in accessories and the car is 45K to purchase right now.. Total 50'ish all in at todays prices (minus tax). He wants 70 that's a 20'ish k mark up (minus tax again)

When I put mine up, it's a 50K car (RG), and it has 23'ish in accessories. I asked for 5K mark up. (+ tax because no delivery yet)
If it doesn't sell here pretty soon, I guess I could just ditch the 5K mark up, and I'd expect it to be gone extremely quickly because that's what someone would have to pay today, and they are going to get a car before season starts. Or I could go the other way, just take delivery of the thing, and take the car and the title down to Glamis and put "for sale" on it, or better yet just take it down to the Keys in Parker and someone will buy it in minutes. At which point $$$$$$. Dunno.. LOL.

I think a lot of people see the 70K on mine and think that I'm gouging.. but they aren't realizing that there's 20+K in shit I put on it and the car itself is 5K more than the other ones that are out there (to my knowledge)

RD
The problem with accessories is you will never get what you have in it for them. Never haha. You never know what someone will come along and pay for something. Its just not that easy to sell any utv/toy/rv for a decent markup as it was a year to two years ago. The market is changing fast. That one thats up for sale for 70 is still up for sale for a reason, there is also a El Hefe 50K car up for sale for 55K and its not sold yet....I hope you get top dollar for your car though!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The problem with accessories is you will never get what you have in it for them. Never haha. You never know what someone will come along and pay for something. Its just not that easy to sell any utv/toy/rv for a decent markup as it was a year to two years ago. The market is changing fast. That one thats up for sale for 70 is still up for sale for a reason, there is also a El Hefe 50K car up for sale for 55K and its not sold yet....I hope you get top dollar for your car though!

Well there’s several schools Of thought on the accessories.. “used” I’d agree with you 100%.

New though? I watch dealerships slap on some wheels / bolt ons and ask ridiculous money and usually get it. Accessories plus labor

Having built a lot of offroad cars over the years I’ve been pretty lucky. I always had quality guys doing the builds with no issues right up until my last one..

When I got that car it became pretty obvious that all of the electrical work was hacked together. I ended up having to take the whole car apart finding several other issues and then having it all rewired and put back together.

With regard to that having something built by the oem gives me a much warmer feeling. The second thing is there is no labor from
Speed when you purchase the accessories form them on the pre order.. so while ya might not get retail for the accessory itself? You aren’t paying a dealership or other shop labor to install them either.. kind of a wash?

What are your thoughts on that?

RD

Last edited:

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Well there’s several schools Of thought on the accessories.. “used” I’d agree with you 100%.

New though? I watch dealerships slap on some wheels / bolt ons and ask ridiculous money and usually get it. Accessories plus labor

Having built a lot of offroad cars over the years I’ve been pretty lucky. I always had quality guys doing the builds with no issues right up until my last one..

When I got that car it became pretty obvious that all of the electrical work was hacked together. I ended up having to take the whole car apart finding several other issues and then having it all rewired and put back together.

With regard to that having something built by the oem gives me a much warmer feeling. The second thing is there is no labor from
Speed when you purchase the accessories form them on the pre order.. so while ya might not get retail for the accessory itself? You aren’t paying a dealership or other shop labor to install them either.. kind of a wash?

What are your thoughts on that?

RD
Yep I would agree you should be able to get more for the accessories since they are new. The labor savings are huge. The only difference is everyone can do the same when they order their car from Speed right? You have an advantage of knowing a lot of people and you are probably right that if you take the car to a couple locations with a for sale sign it will probably sell lol. I just don't think you will get a crazy amount for it compared to what you could have got 1-2 years ago. It is smarter to list the car high as you can always come down, if you list it too low and it sells in two min then you may be bummed haha.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

RD
That 70k car has way more than 4K in acc.

Full double digital dash, spare, boxes, stereo, radio/intercom, windshield, mirrors, and more. Plus white glove warranty.

outboard_256

Reaction score
This RG is also for sale for $70k:

Accessories:
  • Air Cushion
  • Intercom upgrade to PCI
  • PCI Air Boost Package
  • Kicker Stereo System
  • Speed Work/ Dome Light
  • Speed LED whip/flag
  • Speed Front Bumper LED Light Bar
  • Cargo Box Rectangle
  • Deat Heater
  • Break in Kit
  • Center Mirror Kit
  • 50″ radius Light Bar
  • Universal Rear Chase Bar
  • Side Mirrors with LED lights
  • Fire Extinguisher w/ quick release
  • Speed Cooler 45
  • Rear Bumper
  • Front Bumper
  • Air Horn Kit
  • Billet Sway Bar Links Front
  • Billet Sway Bar Links Rear
  • Delivery Fee
  • Documentation Fee
  • Speed Key

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That 70k car has way more than 4K in acc.

Full double digital dash, spare, boxes, stereo, radio/intercom, windshield, mirrors, and more. Plus white glove warranty.

The one I was referring to was on the page before this one in this thread. It had like 4 things?

sandshark1

Reaction score
Those UTVs sell for under the asking price and using a Ford Bronco Raptor as a reason people should overpay for a Speed UTV you are selling is silly. You the difference between the examples you listed and your Speed UTV? You can actually take the vehicles in your example home and use them. They also come with dealer support and a part network

Until RG starts proving he is delivering more than 9 cars a month no many are going to believe his claim of 99 cars a week.

Better get your Speed UTVs sold while you can. Going to get more difficult for you once the new Can Am is released.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This RG is also for sale for $70k:

Accessories:
  • Air Cushion
  • Intercom upgrade to PCI
  • PCI Air Boost Package
  • Kicker Stereo System
  • Speed Work/ Dome Light
  • Speed LED whip/flag
  • Speed Front Bumper LED Light Bar
  • Cargo Box Rectangle
  • Deat Heater
  • Break in Kit
  • Center Mirror Kit
  • 50″ radius Light Bar
  • Universal Rear Chase Bar
  • Side Mirrors with LED lights
  • Fire Extinguisher w/ quick release
  • Speed Cooler 45
  • Rear Bumper
  • Front Bumper
  • Air Horn Kit
  • Billet Sway Bar Links Front
  • Billet Sway Bar Links Rear
  • Delivery Fee
  • Documentation Fee
  • Speed Key

Some of the options I have are ridiculously expensive.. I don’t see them in that list.

The glove box dash
Full skid plate
Roof rack (on one) / windshield (other)
Warranty..

Go price them out on the website and report back.

Those UTVs sell for under the asking price and using a Ford Bronco Raptor as a reason people should overpay for a Speed UTV you are selling is silly. You the difference between the examples you listed and your Speed UTV? You can actually take the vehicles in your example home and use them. They also come with dealer support and a part network

Until RG starts proving he is delivering more than 9 cars a month no many are going to believe his claim of 99 cars a week.

Better get your Speed UTVs sold while you can. Going to get more difficult for you once the new Can Am is released.

Carl uses bizarre examples..

That said I know people that have been waiting on their broncos as long as I’ve been waiting on my speed car. 🤪

sandshark1

Reaction score
Some of the options I have are ridiculously expensive.. I don’t see them in that list.

The glove box dash
Full skid plate
Warranty..

That said I know people that have been waiting on their broncos as long as I’ve been waiting on my speed car. 🤪

Dealer by me has a few Broncos on the lot that have been sitting for about a month. Ford has been a mess since Covid. I went to look at car for my kid and they had Escapes on the lot they could not sell because they were delivered with a no sale safety recall. LMAO!!!!!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

The glove box dash
Full skid plate
Warranty..

that car has the glove box dash
missing the rest

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
RD, why are you wasting your time justifying your asking price to people that have no intention of buying it?
LHC 115* @ 4pm. RD sure as hell awakened this place today. What he been doing 17+ years. :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yep I would agree you should be able to get more for the accessories since they are new. The labor savings are huge. The only difference is everyone can do the same when they order their car from Speed right? You have an advantage of knowing a lot of people and you are probably right that if you take the car to a couple locations with a for sale sign it will probably sell lol. I just don't think you will get a crazy amount for it compared to what you could have got 1-2 years ago. It is smarter to list the car high as you can always come down, if you list it too low and it sells in two min then you may be bummed haha.

I'm gonna guess they built the labor into the part price??

Or do they have em in stock at the Havasu outlet, will install em there, and then charge you additional labor at that time?

🤷‍♂️