WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
We run a SADEV sequential 6 speed in my FE2. No lift shift and no real need to blip on the downshift but it can be programed into the ECU. They're about to release a paddle shift upgrade that will have the auto blip. The tech is out there to do it. I hear so many complaining about the belt system. But I don't have one to speak from experience. Yet. From a racer’s perspective I felt the belt drive was kinda numb feeling on power in my dads 1000 Rzr.

View attachment 1259450
All the tech is there, for a price. We can fit all of the paddle shift units to our Weddle boxes as well. No-Lift-Shift is a pretty regular conversation I have with the racers. Maybe Weddle will develop some aftermarket upgrades for the Speed UTV down the road if the market is there.

It is my opinion that the vast majority of SxS users/drivers are not interested in shifting their machines. This is evident with the Honda crowd that mostly seem to use the auto-shift function of the 6-speed DCT boxes they come with.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
All the tech is there, for a price. We can fit all of the paddle shift units to our Weddle boxes as well. No-Lift-Shift is a pretty regular conversation I have with the racers. Maybe Weddle will develop some aftermarket upgrades for the Speed UTV down the road if the market is there.

It is my opinion that the vast majority of SxS users/drivers are not interested in shifting their machines. This is evident with the Honda crowd that mostly seem to use the auto-shift function of the 6-speed DCT boxes they come with.

It was always my opinion that "with age comes a cage". I'm 66, and just Starting to think about one. Mainly cause I'm too lazy to gear up anymore! 🤣

Now I see parents teaching their kids to drive belt drive SxS's today??

Seems like very few people care about shifting anything anymore.

sandshark1

Reaction score
Awesome. Trona is our base camp for Death Valley.

I used to do rides like that on my quad back in the day. We would have the girls meet us for lunch at Randsburg (mainly to bring us more gas), and then loop back to DS again.

So much cool shit to explore out there! All kinna fun to be had. 👍🏼

Your group ever do Kennedy Meadows and Monanche?

Randsburg for food and Johansberg for fuel and keep going. I can get 120-130 miles out of tank on my X3.

Have not done Kennedy or Monache. From what I understand Monache is better for dirt bikes.

We do the Stateline ride which is fun. Make it a 3 day trip. I have a friend that lives in Vegas and will take us around some really cool trails/rides near Goodsprings, NV.

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction score
It was always my opinion that "with age comes a cage". I'm 66, and just Starting to think about one. Mainly cause I'm too lazy to gear up anymore! 🤣

Correct on putting kids in SXS

50% correct on shifting, when I trail ride my SXS I don't care to shift. When we dune our sandcars... we meaning myself/customers want to row thru the gears

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Randsburg for food and Johansberg for fuel and keep going. I can get 120-130 miles out of tank on my X3.

Have not done Kennedy or Monache. From what I understand Monache is better for dirt bikes.

We do the Stateline ride which is fun. Make it a 3 day trip. I have a friend that lives in Vegas and will take us around some really cool trails/rides near Goodsprings, NV.

@OCMerrill has done some stateline jeep trips. He said some guy did it in a truck like mine, a long bed crew cab F350! He mentioned a winch was required though. 😜

You'd love Kennedy/Monanche. There are single track trails, but there are also Tons of jeep trails. It's where the Kern River starts. Beautiful country . Rivers and Meadows for days.

It's a treck getting up there though. Nine mile road is a bitch! Keeps the rif-raf out though. 😉

If I break down and get a SxS, Kennedy and June Lake will be the first places I head out to explore.

20230620_112723.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Correct on putting kids in SXS

50% correct on shifting, when I trail ride my SXS I don't care to shift. When we dune our sandcars... we meaning myself/customers want to row thru the gears

I might have seen one or two of your cars at an EPO back in the day. Definitely an emphasis on shifting. 😉

stonehenge

Reaction score

Bought the daughter a manual transmission car at 16, if you can drive and shift in Los Angeles, you will be fine just about anywhere.
Amazed at how many younger people can't drive manual vehicles or toys. Sad actually.

caribbean20

Reaction score

Off topic, but from a fellow recent arrival to the 66 yo club, I say “cage smage!” Don’t give up the fight! Hoping to have a few more years of being able to swing my leg across this shifter 😀
IMG_4421.jpeg

Badchoices03

Reaction score

I like shifting my Honda....although in the tighter technical stuff I usually switch to auto...but through the faster washes and trails I like the feeling of banging gears...

pixrthis

Reaction score
Off topic, but from a fellow recent arrival to the 66 yo club, I say “cage smage!” Don’t give up the fight! Hoping to have a few more years of being able to swing my leg across this shifter 😀
View attachment 1259473
Far out, keep it going. We have guys that we ride with occasionally in there late 60's that haul ass. It's funny to see the young guys reactions to how old they are after seeing them ride. Riding keeps me young and makes me feeel old at the same time, I love it, nothing compares.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 1259473

Honestly?

I'm not afraid of getting back in the saddle at all.

What I AM afraid of is the price of new the new pair of riding boots I need. A SxS might be cheaper than a good pair of riding boots and gloves!

😱🤣

sandshark1

Reaction score
Bought the daughter a manual transmission car at 16, if you can drive and shift in Los Angeles, you will be fine just about anywhere.
Amazed at how many younger people can't drive manual vehicles or toys. Sad actually.
Impressed you were able to find a manual transmission car. They are very rare.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Another low number car for sale for CURRENT MSRP. Im telling you guys these things are gonna be available at MSRP and you are not going to be able to sell them for over it lol.
Still making 15-20k though depending on acc. and what not if you were early to the game.
that's what most are forgetting too, if you got in early or were able to nab a spot at cost, then you're sitting pretty!
Whether or not the go for MSRP or more, we will find out closer to desert season, people trying to off load them now with it being boating season isn't the best marketing strategy. I will be more than happy to see my first car go at MSRP, going to pay for my actual car :)

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Another low number car for sale for CURRENT MSRP. Im telling you guys these things are gonna be available at MSRP and you are not going to be able to sell them for over it lol.
I’m thinking if they perform well and dont all have major issues, there will be a huge surge in demand in 3 months when it cools down and its time to dune. Co worker picked his up Friday and is very very stoked with how it performed in Havasu.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
@OCMerrill has done some stateline jeep trips. He said some guy did it in a truck like mine, a long bed crew cab F350! He mentioned a winch was required though. 😜

You'd love Kennedy/Monanche. There are single track trails, but there are also Tons of jeep trails. It's where the Kern River starts. Beautiful country . Rivers and Meadows for days.

It's a treck getting up there though. Nine mile road is a bitch! Keeps the rif-raf out though. 😉

If I break down and get a SxS, Kennedy and June Lake will be the first places I head out to explore.

View attachment 1259460
That was the Mojave Road but we did every extra credit we could find and that F350 crew cab long bed went through everything.

Which was good because a bunch of Jeepers ain't doing shit to tow out an F-350.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
View attachment 1259473
RM/Joe relatively new to the retirement phase of life.Takes awhile to finally realize friends,family,everybody just being polite listening to all the memories. :)
Eventually down the road into retirement phase you realize there is time & future to create new memories. 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RM/Joe relatively new to the retirement phase of life.Takes awhile to finally realize friends,family,everybody just being polite listening to all the memories. :)
Eventually down the road into retirement phase you realize there is time & future to create new memories. 👍

Been over three years now?

So far I've been to Barbados, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, all over CA, months at the river and a number of concerts.

I may not be good at much else, but I'm pretty good at making new old memories.

20230705_135418.jpg

Albacore

Reaction score
Still making 15-20k though depending on acc. and what not if you were early to the game.
that's what most are forgetting too, if you got in early or were able to nab a spot at cost, then you're sitting pretty!
Whether or not the go for MSRP or more, we will find out closer to desert season, people trying to off load them now with it being boating season isn't the best marketing strategy. I will be more than happy to see my first car go at MSRP, going to pay for my actual car :)
All these cars that are for sale, which are all in let’s say the first few hundred were 30,000 to 32,000 when they were asked to put their deposit down there deposit was probably $1500-$2000.

The bigger problem is gonna be most people don’t have even 30,000 in cash, let alone 45,000 or 50,000 whatever they go for now. Most side-by-side people finance their stuff.

I’m not sure people are going to double their purchase price, but no one should be losing any money, especially the early deposit holders.

It may make more sense to sell your spot before your car gets here and do the transaction to the new owner through Speed. This way you don’t have to pay the taxes and they can find financing for the new owner. I saw one guy that picked up one this week from Oregon had done that.

DLC

Reaction score
Been over three years now?

So far I've been to Barbados, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, all over CA, months at the river and a number of concerts.

I may not be good at much else, but I'm pretty good at making new old memories.

View attachment 1259562
Is that Avila Beach Pier?

I haven’t been there in 15/20 years but it looks familiar

JBZ

Reaction score
From no Brakes to

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is that Avila Beach Pier?

I haven’t been there in 15/20 years but it looks familiar

Yes sir. I have friends that live right by there I visit frequently. Good eye. 👍🏼

For extra credit, do you know where this is?

20230414_160350.jpg

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve never been there only noticed signs for it ….

total guess.

But
next trip up to visit my brother and his kids, I‘ll need to make a detour!

My brother lives in Tempelton and went Cal Poly, He is in the vino business …
Really nice and beautiful country along the central coast.

jesco

Reaction score
Another price cut….. I think he started at $95k few months ago.
IMG_0409.jpeg

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Joe there is nothing talon left on that talon. Lol

I’m a huge Honda fan and wish they’d build a performance sxs.. if they announced tonight my deposit would be in tomorrow.

The talon Jist isn’t a high performance machine like the Canned hams and rzrs
I think you might be surprised how many factory parts remained on the KOH Talon. Safety upgrades (seats/nets/belts etc), lights, boxed arms, winch, and a fuel cell were added. The engine/ECU/Trans/diffs remain 100% stock. I'm sure there a few other minor items I missed, but surprisingly these cars stay as close to factory as possible.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think you might be surprised how many factory parts remained on the KOH Talon. Safety upgrades (seats/nets/belts etc), lights, boxed arms, winch, and a fuel cell were added. The engine/ECU/Trans/diffs remain 100% stock. I'm sure there a few other minor items I missed, but surprisingly these cars stay as close to factory as possible.

Bone stock naturally aspirated engine class. 👍🏼

bentprops

Reaction score
They car when you bought it was 32k add acc, sales tax, ect your at 50k so not 2x sorry
1st he started at 90k ,2nd your assuming he paid cash, lets say he put 5k down on that 50k as you say. Selling for 70k is 4x ROI. Either way its FN pathatic. blaming your new/un born on ones bs. I dont give a darn if he list it for 1 mill. the dude can do what ever he wants.. When one is "forced" as he says, its pretty normal for one to take a hair cut.

pixrthis

Reaction score
1st he started at 90k ,2nd your assuming he paid cash, lets say he put 5k down on that 50k as you say. Selling for 70k is 4x ROI. Either way its FN pathatic. blaming your new/un born on ones bs. I dont give a darn if he list it for 1 mill. the dude can do what ever he wants.. When one is "forced" as he says, its pretty normal for one to take a hair cut.
How about “divorce forces sale”? Should he be punished or celebrated with his asking price?

sandshark1

Reaction score
You can order them with a manual transmission. They look at you like your crazy, but it can be done.

We were at a Honda dealer a about 4 years ago. They had a Civic Type R with a manual in the showroom. My kid (13 at the time) was sitting in it and the sales guys was trying to be a smart ass. He asked my kid if he knew what the the 3rd pedal was and my kid looks at him and says "you mean the clutch pedal". I could not stop laughing.

sandshark1

Reaction score

I think people will be lucky to make a few grand. Who wants to purchase a vehicle that has only one location to get any work done on it and only one location to get parts, if needed. Until they get a dealer network setup and running I do not see these cars selling fast, even with desert/dune season coming.

Add in the new Can Am that should be revealed this month. I bet many of the Speed UTVs for sale will be reduced even further.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think people will be lucky to make a few grand. Who wants to purchase a vehicle that has only one location to get any work done on it and only one location to get parts, if needed. Until they get a dealer network setup and running I do not see these cars selling fast, even with desert/dune season coming.

Add in the new Can Am that should be revealed this month. I bet many of the Speed UTVs for sale will be reduced even further.

🎲🎲