WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where's Doug????

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Seen you hauling that F-29 westbound on the 10 through Palm Springs last week about 8 or 9 am. I was headed Eastbound and it took me a few miles to realize who it was.

I don't post in this thread much but watch it closely. Appreciate hearing the stories. Thanks Dougiebear :thumbup:

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Seen you hauling that F-29 westbound on the 10 through Palm Springs last week about 8 or 9 am. I was headed Eastbound and it took me a few miles to realize who it was.

I don't post in this thread much but watch it closely. Appreciate hearing the stories. Thanks Dougiebear :thumbup:

If you look on the 10 westbound Tues. AM I will be pulling the all orange M-35. In the afternoon I will be pulling the all dark blue(almost black) M-35 eastbound in the afternoon. I love my job.:)

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Awesome Doug. I'm sure you'll be getting tons of looks pulling those two boats around.:thumbsup

Take some pics for us, especially that new dark blue one. Looked great at DS, but I only saw it for a few seconds.:)

My wife took a fancy to that one aswell. I am partial to the all orange one myself.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I grabbed this out of storage, took my pics of it for my sig line, and delivered to DCB in EL Cajon. Was supposed to bring back the dark blue M-35, however it was not completely repaired. So Tony comped me a t-shirt for my troubles. Those guys are the best.

dcb m-35 orange1.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
The boat looks awesome Doug. How does that big thing tow for 5hrs across the desert? Repairs on the blue boat? What happened to it?

This boat/trailer was the easiest DCB I have ever towed. Balance is perfect, towed arrow straight. Good job Extreme. The Lugos are very heavy, and seem cumbersome. But they sure do look bad ass. Not sure of the issues on the blue boat.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Doug, is it difficult to see and keep the M35 in the lane when on the hwy, because its so wide? I'm sure that boat gets a lot of looks on the hwy, right?

This DCB has gotten more attention than any other one I have towed. It is kind of a pain in the ass with people slowing down next to the boat to look at it and take pics. The all time attention getter is this little Rodgers jet boat. Everybody gawked at this boat, from old asian women to little kids.

Rogers 2.jpg

I think this big ass motor may have been the cause

Rogers 4.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Towed this new 22' Bennington up to West Yellowstone. The guy bought it in Havasu while on vacation and could not take it home as he had a travel trailer. Hence, calling me. Very cool guy, he manages the Do It Yourself store up there. It was scheduled to go 6/1 but I had a cancellation, so I bumped his boat up so he could have it for the long weekend.

Bennington 22'.jpg

This 29' Genesis belongs to Tony of Extreme Custom Trailers. He is a personal friend of mine. I have been storing his boat at my home since Desert Storm so he does not have to tow in back and forth from SoCal. He is out for the weekend so I delivered it to where he is staying. He has offered to pay me but just can't find it in my heart to take his money. He is afterall my friend. I think I will have him take me out for some good grub.

Genisis 29'.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Nice Doug, that 29 reminds me of a Cobra Venom that had similar graphics.:thumbsup

Yea, I know. I see that Cobra all the time. Before Tony left his here, I thought it was him. I believe the Cobra is a closed bow.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Picked up this perfect Hallett 270 at Hallet in Irwindale. This boat lives at Lake Tahoe in the summer. It is rockin' a Phaff 800hp blown motor. Gordy has this thing set up perfect. It is reported to blast across Tahoe at 90mph. Not bad. I move this boat twice a year. It will go back to Hallett at the end of summer.

hallett 270 foster.jpg

After dropping off the Hallett I cruised down to Valencia to pick up this beautiful new Howard. It will spend its life (for now) at Temple Bar at Lake Mead. I met the new owner at State Line. Did the notary thing and blasted home. Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I get a weekend off. Going to take my wife for a morning breakfast run to Havasu Springs on Sunday.

howard 28 sds.jpg

Last edited:

UHHH SUCKA

Reaction score
This 29' Genesis belongs to Tony of Extreme Custom Trailers. He is a personal friend of mine. I have been storing his boat at my home since Desert Storm so he does not have to tow in back and forth from SoCal. He is out for the weekend so I delivered it to where he is staying. He has offered to pay me but just can't find it in my heart to take his money. He is afterall my friend. I think I will have him take me out for some good grub.

View attachment 271203 [/QUOTE]
Can't thank you enough Dougie, it is greatly appreciated!! Dinner's on me next time I'm out there.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Doug, that 270 sure is a great Tahoe boat! I love the colors on that one too. Enjoy your weekend off.!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell are you doing up so early? Not to mention on RDs.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Doug, how big a problem is stone chips on the boats, coming from such long milage?

Not much of a problem at all. I have only had one issue. I took a black boat to North Dakota, in the early spring. The roads still had tons of cinder on them. Even with mudflaps and the flaps you attach via the reciever, this boat was trashed. Customer was pissed. Preston at Horizon Motorsports took care of it, I dont know the out come. Most roads are so well traveled that there is not much stuff on them. Good question:)

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I did a Sun Country turn around today. Picked up the Bennington 22' toon in Havasu, and delivered it to Ontario.

suncountry bennington 22.jpg

And I brought back this little Skeeter Bass Boat. This bad boy is rockin' a big Yamaha 225hp whacker. I'll bet it hauls ass.

Skeeter 225hp.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Picked up this bad-boy at DCB on Thursday. Delivered it to Lake Powell Friday morning. The peeps are doing a big houseboat vacation. This M-35 is running Merc 1100s and #6 outdrives. Tony says it runs about 150 but could be propped to ablout 160. This one is one of my wifes favorites.

dcb m-35 lake powell.jpg

On Friday I buzzed down to Sun Country Ontario, picked up this little 18' Sea Ray. For a 1999, this little boat is very clean. Brought it back to Havasu to add to their used boat inventory.

sun country sea ray 180.jpg

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Picked up this bad-boy at DCB on Thursday. Delivered it to Lake Powell Friday morning. The peeps are doing a big houseboat vacation. This M-35 is running Merc 1100s and #6 outdrives. Tony says it runs about 150 but could be propped to ablout 160. This one is one of my wifes favorites.

View attachment 274104

On Friday I buzzed down to Sun Country Ontario, picked up this little 18' Sea Ray. For a 1999, this little boat is very clean. Brought it back to Havasu to add to their used boat inventory.

View attachment 274105
Oh sure........your wife said my Donzi was one of her favorites.....see how she is:D

Hey.....now that we're both in Havasu full time (when you're not on the road) let's get together one of these days???

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Oh sure........your wife said my Donzi was one of her favorites.....see how she is:D

Hey.....now that we're both in Havasu full time (when you're not on the road) let's get together one of these days???

Paul, this is actually her all time favorite boat, period. 33' Crossbow

369951988-33-ft-donzi-z33-crossbow_22617612.jpg

Yours was the little brother. Yeah, we will have to get together for dinner or something. I will let you know when I have a few days off.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

That's livin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Picked up this Mastercraft X-30 Tuesday, headed for Lehi Ut.. Delivered Wed. AM to a very happy household. The dad and mom had not told the children about the boat. When I got there the dad answered the door, and called for the kids. The kids came to the door and the dad told them that was their new boat. It was pandamonium. It was one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. Deliveries like that make the job worth every mile.

mastercraft x-30.jpg

I then blasted down to Irwindale, picked up this Hallett 270. Delivered to Bullhead. Nick also piled several swimstep crates in my truck. I guess there is a deposit on the crates, so I will be taking them back to the Mfg. in Phoenix tomorrow. It's always nice to be able to help out when I can.

hallett 270 foster  bhc.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Cruised over to Phoenix to pick up this 600 hp 240Z. This is one nasty little car. Brought it back to Havasu for the owner. Same guy who owns the F-32 I was towing when I had to buy my new truck.

v-8 240Z.jpg

Wait till you see what I am picking up for him next month.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I have been one busy dude. This is the first time I have had an opportunity to update my thread. Pulled this very nice Mastercraft X-55 out of storage to take to California Skiier (trade in).

x-55 merlian.jpg

Went up to Sun Country (Ontario) and picked up this Sea Ray Sun Deck 260 headed to Sun Country Havasu.

sun country sea ray 26.jpg

Picked up my personal favorite boat in El Cajon (DCB) for delivery to Lake Chelan WA. Delivered boat to Reed's Marina and headed home. Of course I had to stop at a roadside fruit stand and pick up some freshly picked Rainer Cherries for my wife (her favorites). These cherries were picked that morning and were absolutley magnificent tasting.

m-35 to wash.jpg

m-35 to wa.jpg

Picked up the F-29 1350 hp boat from OCM in Havasu and took it to DCB. It has been sold and Dave wanted to get it ready for transport.

f-29 to dcb.jpg

Drove up to Sun Country (Ontario) and picked up this super clean Shockwave 21 Step Skiier for delivery to Sun Country (Havasu)

suncountry shockwave 21.jpg

Sun Country (Havasu) had me hook up to this Bennington 20 for delivery to Sun Country (Ontario)

sun country bennington 20.jpg

Delivered the Bennington to Sun County (Ontario). then cruised down to California Skiier in Lake Elsinore to pick up the brand new Mastercraft X-Star. This is the new boat from the X-55 trade-in. Delivered it to Island Storage in Havasu.

x-star merlian.jpg

Time to blast back to DCB to pick up the F-29 for delivery to Lake Eufala OK. The new owner is one very cool guy. He chose to meet me at the local Braums Ice Cream restraunt. We sat in the boat for well over 2 hours telling lies and just plain kicking back. It was one of those deliveries that makes me keep loving my job.

f-29 to ok.jpg

Then I went straight to Phoenix to pick up this 22' Cobalt for delivery to Halls Crossing at Lake Powell. This was probably the most scenic trip I have ever taken. The drive through Monument Valley is breathtaking, and I got to do it twice. Going up and coming back. That drive should be on everyones to do list.

cobalt 22.jpg

At some point during the last couple of weeks I had to replace the factory tires (General Grabbers) as they were worn out. I stepped up and got new wheels also. Makes the truck look complete now. After 3 months I have 52,000 miles on my "new" truck. I have no complaints. This truck works very well. I would recommend the Ford Diesel to anyone. I am home for the next 5 days, then its back to the open road and whatever adventures it brings.

PVHCA

Reaction score
52K in 3 mos.? Holy Shit. I dig your thread though.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Thanks, I could not stand the stock wheels. They were just fugly.

Hey Doug. Just wanted to thank you again for the info you gave me. Looks like I'm going to have to use U-ship to get my "new to me boat" to me since it delivers to Seattle Monday for pick up. The guy I'm currently working with will pick it up by the 15th and will delivery in two days. We'll see ................

Blubyu

Reaction score
Hey Doug. Just wanted to thank you again for the info you gave me. Looks like I'm going to have to use U-ship to get my "new to me boat" to me since it delivers to Seattle Monday for pick up. The guy I'm currently working with will pick it up by the 15th and will delivery in two days. We'll see ................

What did you get??:champagne:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

10'er ?

dougiebear111

Reaction score

No problem, if you need anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask. Looks like the cat is out of the bag now. Good luck with that.:)

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
No problem, if you need anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask. Looks like the cat is out of the bag now. Good luck with that.:)

Yes you can help. Go get it for me lol................:p

boatnam2

Reaction score
Sea ray is stepping it up, looks like a pregnant DCB!

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Back from the Michigan/Florida trip. Not quit the normal bad ass boat, but totally bitchen all the same. Picked up this very nie trailer in Three Rivers MI. Towed it to Sanford Florida for a custom fit rack to be installed in it. What goes in the rack you ask?

jet trailer.jpg

This goes on the rack. This a 13' long turbine jet powered remote controlled plane. This thing is so bad ass I ran out of explitives when I saw it. It is reported to fly over 200 MPH land speed. I don't know what that computes to in scale speed. I delivered it to it's owner in Havasu this morning. He is going to fly it out of Sara Park, so be on the look out.

jet plane1.jpg

jet plane2.jpg

jet plane3.jpg

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Wow!! Some peoples toys!! :thumbup::thumbup:

sent from a van at the waters edge.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Wow!! Some peoples toys!! :thumbup::thumbup:

sent from a van at the waters edge.

He also owns the DCB F-32 that I brought back from Atlanta when I bought my new truck. I also towed a 240Z with a 600hp SB chevy for him. Really cool guy, has house at the Refuge. This plane costs as much as a nice used performance boat.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
This tow was set up months ago. I towed this (just like all the rest) beautiful Howard from Havasu Springs to Lake Almanor in Northern Ca.. The family is spending a week up there, and I will be retrieving the boat and returning it to Havasu Springs. Very nice family, and I believe they are RDPers.

Howard to Lake Almanor.jpg

After dropping off the Howard, I blasted down to Sun Country Ontatio to pick up this little 20' Bennington to deliver to Sun Country in Lake Havasu.

Sun country Bennington 20 7-20.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Picked up this M-35 at DCB and brought it to Havasu, put in storage, all tucked in waiting for owner to use. Oh, my "new" truck turned 60,000 miles yesterday. It will be 4 months old on Thursday.

M-35 blue-silver.jpg

jack14r

Reaction score
Doug that is 120 days old which equals 60,000 miles divided by 120 days = 500 miles average every day!!!!!

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Doug that is 120 days old which equals 60,000 miles divided by 120 days = 500 miles average every day!!!!!

I never thought about it in those terms. I just figured 15,000 per month. Either way it is alot of effffing miles. Good to hear from you. I am still looking for your next boat and trying to figure out a way to procure your current boat when the next one pops up.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
One of my Howard customers traded this really nice Jeep for this golf cart limo. Took the Jeep to Ramona CA for the trade and brought back the golf cart.

Jeep.jpg

golf cart.jpg

golf cart1.jpg

golf cart2.jpg

Scott E

Reaction score
One of my Howard customers traded this really nice Jeep for this golf cart limo. Took the Jeep to Ramona CA for the trade and brought back the golf cart.

That will make getting his Sportdeck out of the garage easier. Took 3 of us to get it out and 3 of us to put it back after the Havasu Boat show...

Taboma

Reaction score
Doug with all the various posts regarding trailer tires, you should be an expert --- what say you ?
ST, LT, Greenball, Maxxis, etc etc ?

I'm getting ready to pull the pin on some new ones myself and the more I read the more confused I'm getting.

Of course it's RDP so that goes without saying :D