WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where's Doug????

boatnam2

Reaction score
I met the whole family, wife and 3 sons. That poor woman is going to have a heart attack. the 2 older boys are already racing. The oldest had been racing Motocross and suffered a severe injury and is now going to race cars. The middle one is also going to race cars and the youngest one is not yet old enough. The whole family is a great group.

Nice!

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Damn I have been busy. I picked up this 29' Fountain at Extreme Custom Trailers for Ron's here in Havasu. It has a brand new trailer. Looks really good.

fountain 29 1.jpg

fountain 29 2.jpg

My truck hit 100,000 miles on the way to pick up a 34' Hallett from Lake Oroville. Delivered it to Hallett in Irwindale for service. Sorry no pic (my Bad).

100000 miles.jpg

Blasted out to Lewisville Tx to pickup this 23' Sea Hunt CC. It is rockin a Yamaha 250 outboard, should run pretty well. Delivered it to a RDPer in Huntington Beach. Finally had a problem with the truck. Just west of Santa Rosa NM. check engine light came on and got a "safely pull over" message. Pulled over, message went away, I proceeded. It happened again, and shut off. Got towed to Albuquerque, Spent 2 nights in hotel. Monday morning got it to Ford Dealer. It was an exhuast particulate filter sensor failure. Quick fix and down the road.

sae hunt 23 1.jpg

sae hunt 23 2.jpg

Picked up this 27' Warlock at the Islander Storage in Havasu. Delivered it to Rancho Cucamonga.

warlock 27 1.jpg

warlock 27 2.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I had a busy weekend. Picked up this incredible M-29 outboard in Parker Friday night. Took it up to Lake Powell Saturday morning and put it into storage.

dcb m-29 1.jpg

dcb m-29 2.jpg

dcb m-29 3.jpg

While at Lake Powell I picked up this M-31 to deliver to DCB in El Cajon on Monday morning.

dcb m-31 roth 1.jpg

dcb m-31 roth 2.jpg

After dropping off the M-31, I criused over to Point Loma to pick up this 32' Schiada to deliver to Havasu. I dropped it off at Adreniline Detail for a good cleaning.

schiada 32 1.jpg

schiada 32 2.jpg

schiada 32 3.jpg

schiada 32 4.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Picked up this 25' Eliminator Daytona at Maxed Out Marine in Lake Havasu. I delivered it to a really cool older gentleman in Oroville Ca.. This guy apperantly has several performance boats, but is really all over this Daytona. I'm sure he will enjoy the hell out of it.

eliminator 25 daytona 1.jpg

eliminator 25 daytona 2.jpg

Today I cruised out to Scottsdale to pick up this Beautiful F-32. Brought it back to Havasu, and dropped it off at Barrett Custom Marine. It seems the motors are going to be freshend up and some other minor stuff taken care of. It's always fun towing DCBs, most people that drive past give a big thumbs up and this one got as many as any of them.

dcb f-32 garcia 1.jpg

dcb f-32 garcia 2.jpg

srttruck

Reaction score
Picked up this 25' Eliminator Daytona at Maxed Out Marine in Lake Havasu. I delivered it to a really cool older gentleman in Oroville Ca.. This guy apperantly has several performance boats, but is really all over this Daytona. I'm sure he will enjoy the hell out of it.

View attachment 298743

Pretty sure I passed you Friday morning going oppisite directions on the 14 freeway! I was thinking there goes that Dougiebear guy from RDP. Keep the pics coming. :thumbsup

Spudsbud

Reaction score
6.7 L Diesel right?
What kinda oil ?
You should get sponsor money !!!
TIA
Jim

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Pretty sure I passed you Friday morning going oppisite directions on the 14 freeway! I was thinking there goes that Dougiebear guy from RDP. Keep the pics coming. :thumbsup

Hey srttruck, where do you live? I'm in Acton.

dougiebear111

Reaction score

It was probably me. The trailer had a blowout over on the 58, so I had to buzz into town to get new tires for the customer.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
6.7 L Diesel right?
What kinda oil ?
You should get sponsor money !!!
TIA
Jim

Yes, 6.7 ltr. I really like the power this engine puts out. Semms like it could out pull both of my last 2 truck combined. They both were 7.3s. Don't know what brand oil, just know it is synthetic. Does not even drop on the dipstck between changes, every 5,000-7,000 miles.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Had to run into SoCal to get some parts for my wife's car, so I picked up a few parts and such for some of the guys in Havasu. First stop was B1 Racing in Santa Ana. Brad at E-Ticket had some pump work done for a project he is working on, so he had me get his stuff. Looks to be pretty serious. Chris Starkweather, the owner seemed to know everything about jet boats and how to make them fast. He was getting ready to head to Phoenix for the drags at Firebird this weekend,

misc pump parts for e-ticket.jpg

Next stop was in Mira Loma to pick up this mold for Rusty at Ultra Boats here in Havasu. This was one of several different molds and boats in different states of completion that were in this guys backyard.

talon 22 mold 1.jpg

talon 22 mold 2.jpg

talon 22 mold 3.jpg

Then it was off to Hemet to pick up a truck load of various cup holder molds, ski locker molds and engine hatch molds for Rusty at Ultra Boats.

misc. ultra molds.jpg

Blasted up to OCM in Portland to pick up this nice Eliminator 33' Daytona. Brought it back to Havasu to OCM, and it should be up for sale in the near future. I believe it is running Teague 900s.

eliminator 33 ocm 1.jpg

eliminator 33 ocm 2.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Had to run into SoCal to get some parts for my wife's car, so I picked up a few parts and such for some of the guys in Havasu. First stop was B1 Racing in Santa Ana. Brad at E-Ticket had some pump work done for a project he is working on, so he had me get his stuff. Looks to be pretty serious. Chris Starkweather, the owner seemed to know everything about jet boats and how to make them fast. He was getting ready to head to Phoenix for the drags at Firebird this weekend,

View attachment 299585

Thats a nice pump & ratchet $$ :thumbup:

Starkweather (B1) definitely knows how to make a jet go fast.

As always, great to hear about the weeks expeditions. Thanks DB :thumbsup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

View attachment 299585

Thats a nice pump & ratchet $$ :thumbup:

Starkweather (B1) definitely knows how to make a jet go fast.

As always, great to hear about the weeks expeditions. Thanks DB :thumbsup

X2 Yes Chris does know his shit:thumbsup

wishiknew

Reaction score
Yesterday I40 eastbound kelbaker rd 4.30 pm ?????????????????????

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Took this little 21.5 Howard to Hanover Maryland. This was an interesting tow. Family moved from Brea CA. to MD. Moving company moved everything including cars and was supposed to move boat as well. Boat would not fit in a van or on a flatbed, so they Called Gene at Howard Boats to find out who hauls his boats. Gene gave them my number and the fun began. I show up and the boat was parked on street as indicated. First thing I noticed was that the bow strap was broken. I used one of my racheting straps and took care of that issue. No tiedowns at the rear of the boat. Same fix as front. All 4 tires were craked and completely worn out. Owner wanted boat towed with cover on it; cover was torn and ripped and would not even make it to the highway, let alone Maryland. So, I call boat owner and give him the rundown on the tires and cover, he informs me to call moving company it is their problem. (really?) I call moving company let them know what is going on. They said do whatever I need to do, just get the boat to Maryland. Cool, I find a tire store, get 4 new tires, call moving company to pay and were good to go. I called Cobra Boats about shrink wrapping the boat, Jeff says cool. Off to Cobra. As I was getting off freeway left rear wheel bearing was a smoker. Made it to Cobra, Jeff wrapped boat, called moving company to pay. Good to go. Called Arrow trailer repair in Ontario about bearing, was told they could repair in Morning. Great!!!! Off to Motel 6 for a good nights rest. Get bearing repaired, called moving company for payment, off I go. I really like spending someone elses money. Made it to Maryland with no further issues. Yes, I did hit some snow and that cold front that went through on the way home. Coldest temp I saw was 17 degrees. Thats some cold sh*t right there.

howard 21.5.jpg

howard 21.5 1.jpg

virg snow.jpg

I'm not much of a photographer, but this looked to be a pretty cool image.

virg bench.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
Thats a long tow I grew up near there and have no idea why he would bother taking that boat back there

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Thats a long tow I grew up near there and have no idea why he would bother taking that boat back there

I couldn't figure out why he just didn't sell it out here. The floor is all but gone, interior will need replaced. Not sure if it even runs. I was going to offer him $2500.00, but I don't need a project right now.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I picked up this 28' Skater from Ron's here in Havasu. Ron shrinked wraped it for the trip to Homestead FL.

skater 28 fla 1.jpg

skater 28 fla 2.jpg

skater 28 fla 3.jpg

skater 28 fla 4.jpg

Almost to my destination at about 3:00 AM this whell bearing decided to eat itself. This thing actually caught on fire! Got to the shoulder of the road, put out fire, checked for damage. NO DAMAGE, YEAH! I idled about a mile to the next ramp and there was a little shop there. Waited till morning and these guys replaced the hub in about an hour.

skater 28 fla 5.jpg

Blasted up to Hanover MD to pick up this really nice Donzi ZF35 for OCM in Havasu. This boat is currently for sale at OCM, call Tim.

donzi zf 35 1.jpg

donzi zf 35 2.jpg

I had to cross the Potomac River to get into Maryland. Didn't George Washington throw a dollar across that river? If in fact he did, I want him to play centerfield on my team.

potomac river.jpg

Just some of the magnificent colors of the trees out that way.

virginia trees.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Hualed this really nice Eliminator 26' Daytona to Tulsa OK. The new owner met me there and will take it home to Virginia. In Virginia the boat will get a 1200HP twin turbo motor linked to a Marine Max outdrive. Sounds like this guy really wants to haul ass.

eliminator 26 daytona tulsa 2.jpg

Eliminator 26 daytona tulsa 1.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I did a Portland run last week. Took this pontoon up and brought back the Magic. I believe the Magic is going up for sale. I think it has a merc. 700 in it but not sure. Dropped it off a Prestige for some pre-sale service work.

pontoon to portland.jpg

magic 28 septer 1.jpg

magic 28 septer 2.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Is that water line grime :eek ? Can't really tell if thats from hauling down the highway grime because the trailer looks like it has mud on it too.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Is that water line grime :eek ? Can't really tell if thats from hauling down the highway grime because the trailer looks like it has mud on it too.

That's grime from water. Not sure if was from a river or lake, but somwhere in Oregon. It was like that when I picked it up. I did hit some foul weather on the 5 with lots of cinder on the road, but that crap was already there.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Some days are just better than the rest. Pulled this awsome M-35 out of the Islander Storage, and took it to DCB for some service work.

dcb m-35 ossacow 1.jpg

dcb m-35 ossakow 2.jpg

And if that wasn't enough, I brought back the perfect orange M-35. Dropped it off at Ron's for a detail. And it will get put in storage to be ready for the customer.

dcb m-35 brown 1.jpg

dcb m-35 brown 2.jpg

Just a perfect day at work. Two of my favorite boats.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Some days are just better than the rest. Pulled this awsome M-35 out of the Islander Storage, and took it to DCB for some service work.

View attachment 304840

View attachment 304841

And if that wasn't enough, I brought back the perfect orange M-35. Dropped it off at Ron's for a detail. And it will get put in storage to be ready for the customer.

View attachment 304842

View attachment 304843

Just a perfect day at work. Two of my favorite boats.

Beautiful boats.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Spent the weekend at Disneyland with the family and on the way home we picked up this Barracuda/Ultra deckboat from Martinez Interiors in Corona. Brought it back to Ultra here in Havasu.

barracuda 1.jpg

barracuda 2.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Got a call from Gene at Howard Boats. He needed a trade in taken from Parker to the shop. This boat is perfect. It is a 2012 28 deck running a Merc 600/XR outdrive, dual ram steering. Boat has 60 hrs on it. The guy is trading it in on the new model they are currently working on. The plug is almost complete and the finished product is schedualed to debut at the Lake Havasu boat show in April. Gene tells me that the trade in may very well be the best priced Howard deck boat he has ever offered. Someone will be getting a major ripping deal on this flawless boat. Call Gene for details. It will not last long.

howard deck trade 1.jpg

howard deck trade 2.jpg

howard deck trade 3.jpg

One of my DCB customers bought this totally restored 1982 Suzuki RM250. I picked up it up in Oxnard and will take it Texas when I get out that way. Meanwhile it is looking good in my garage. This thing is Bad-ass!!!

rm 250 1.jpg

rm 250 2.jpg

On the way home I stopped by West Coast Marine Interiors and picked up this little Ultra 23 deck. Brought it back to Havasu for Ultra (Rusty) to finish. I believe it is for stock, meaning Preston at Horizon Motorsports will be selling it.

ultra 23 1.jpg

ultra deck 2.jpg

ultra deck 3.jpg

orfb23

Reaction score
:thumbup:
Got a call from Gene at Howard Boats. He needed a trade in taken from Parker to the shop. This boat is perfect. It is a 2012 28 deck running a Merc 600/XR outdrive, dual ram steering. Boat has 60 hrs on it. The guy is trading it in on the new model they are currently working on. The plug is almost complete and the finished product is schedualed to debut at the Lake Havasu boat show in April. Gene tells me that the trade in may very well be the best priced Howard deck boat he has ever offered. Someone will be getting a major ripping deal on this flawless boat. Call Gene for details. It will not last long.

View attachment 305739

View attachment 305740

View attachment 305741

One of my DCB customers bought this totally restored 1982 Suzuki RM250. I picked up it up in Oxnard and will take it Texas when I get out that way. Meanwhile it is looking good in my garage. This thing is Bad-ass!!!

View attachment 305742

View attachment 305743

On the way home I stopped by West Coast Marine Interiors and picked up this little Ultra 23 deck. Brought it back to Havasu for Ultra (Rusty) to finish. I believe it is for stock, meaning Preston at Horizon Motorsports will be selling it.

View attachment 305744

View attachment 305745

View attachment 305746

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Cruised up to Las Vegas to pick up this really nice Cobra 290 Viper, Illmore power w/ Teague outdrive. Nice Package. I dropped it off at Cobra Boats in Montclair. It will be for sale at Cobra Boats, Call Hernando for the details.

cobra 29 1.jpg

cobra 29 2.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Last week I went up to Lake Powell to pick up this Hallett 240. Took it down to the shop in Irwindale. I believe the block cracked due to the freezing temps they had up there.

hallett 240 page.jpg

Just dropped off this nice F-29 at OCM here in Havasu. Tim had me pick it up from Fisher IN, just outside Indianapolis. It is currently for sale. It is running Merc 525s w/XR drives. The guy said it runs out at 115 mph. This house sits overlooking a small lake. Very cool to see it in winter conditions (frozen).

dcb f-29 indy4.jpg

dcb f-29 indy 5.jpg

dcb f-26 indy 3.jpg

dcb f-29 indy 2.jpg

dcb f-29 indy 1.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
It's that time again. I had an interesting yet busy year. I killed another truck, and tried to wear out the new one. I totaled over 150,000 miles and 130,000 on the new truck in just 9 months. I have towed some really cool stuff, not just boats this past year. Any guesses on what brand I have towed the most? The list will follow any guesses you guys may have.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
It's that time again. I had an interesting yet busy year. I killed another truck, and tried to wear out the new one. I totaled over 150,000 miles and 130,000 on the new truck in just 9 months. I have towed some really cool stuff, not just boats this past year. Any guesses on what brand I have towed the most? The list will follow any guesses you guys may have.

I am going to go with DCB as my guess, although I have another 3 guesses if I want to second guess. What was your longest tow this year?

dougiebear111

Reaction score
I am going to go with DCB as my guess, although I have another 3 guesses if I want to second guess. What was your longest tow this year?

My longest trip was, I left Havasu to pick up an enclosed trailer in Michigan. Towed the trailer to S. Florida to pick up the R/C jet airplane. Had to take it to a shop to fabricate a rack for the plane to ride on, then pick up the plane. Then the plane got delivered to the happy new owner here in Havasu.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score

I would think it would be a wakeboard boat, Malibu or Mastercraft than Howard or DCB.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response. Computer issues and have just been very busy. DCB wins out this year at 26. Howard and Hallett were tied with 8 each. I towed race cars, jeeps, side by sides, a golf cart, a set of molds, and even a 13' long remote controlled jet airplane. It was a very interesting year.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Now for the most recent tows. Pulled this 38' Fountain from OCM to the Islander storage.

fountian 38.jpg

Buzzed up to Globe AZ to pick up this 22' Eliminator Daytona. Delivered it to Tampa FL. to a guy who used to be an Eliminator dealer in MN. This guys home was in a gated community with every home having waterfront access. His house was at the entrance to the bay and you could see all the way across Tampa Bay. Too cool! I also dropped off this little YZ 125 to a friend of Ricky's (Maxed Out Marine) just outside of Tampa. On the way home I stopped off in Baton Rouge and picked up that bad-ass Merc 300 Pro Max for Ricky to put on that yellow Stoker.

eliminator 22 daytona 1.jpg

eliminator 22 daytona 2.jpg

yamaha yz 125.jpg

Cruised down to Blyth and picked up this little California Performance to take to Danny at West Coast Custom Marine Interiors for some upholstery work.

california performance.jpg

Then I went down to DCB to pick up this brand new M-35 to put is storage in Lake Havasu for the happy new owners.

dcb m-35 lundy 1.jpg

dcb m-35 lundy 2.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Now ran up to Boulder City to pick up this Hallett 340 to take to Hallett in Irwindale for some service work.

View attachment 310994

Stopped off at Eliminator to get this 30' Eagle that had just been serviced, and run it up to Lake Powell to put in storage.

View attachment 310995

Back to Havasu to get this M-35 from storage and run it to El Cajon for service,

View attachment 310996

View attachment 310997

and pick up this bad-ass M-29, 1350 M/8 package to run up to St. George UT to meet Kevin to take up to Salt Lake City for the boat show up there.

View attachment 310998

View attachment 310999

UHHH SUCKA

Reaction score
Where's the Pic of that Skater on the tilt my Brotha??

TBulger

Reaction score
This is a very cool thread Doug, I enjoy it so much, thank you.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it's been 2 months since my last post. Busy is an understatement. Even had to have my dad take a couple of trips for me. This Kona hull was just painted by Kevin at KMG for a friend of Tim at OCM. It is currently for sale. kona 18 1.jpg

This is the 30' Daytona with the twin 565 package. It went to Rochester NY to the happy new owner.

eliminator 30 daytona roch ny 2.jpg

eliminator 30 daytona roch ny 1.jpg

Buzzed down to Charlotte NC to pick up this 27 Speedster to take back to Eliminator for sale.

eliminator 27 speedster 3.jpg

eliminator 27 speedster 4.jpg

After dropping off the Speedster I went up to Paso Robles to pick this 28 Eagle up to take to Eliminator to be sold.

eliminator 28 eagle paso rob 1.jpg

eliminator 28 eagle paso rob 2.jpg

Grabbed this M-29 in Havasu to return to El Cajon after the Salt Lake City boat show.

dcb m-29 red1.jpg

Returned back to Havasu with this F-32 for a detail and put in storage.

dcb f-32 crowe.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Maxed Out Marine sold the 25' Daytona to a guy in GA. Buzzed it out there and headed to Long Island.

eliminator 25 daytona to ga 1.jpg

Picked up this 36' Skater. I had to swing by Skater in MI to pick up the new windshield register. Then brought it back to Brad at E-Ticket in Havasu to remove the triple canopy set up and replace it with the newer style wrap around windshield.

skater 36 tilt 2.jpg

skater 36 tilt 1.jpg

skater 36 tilt 3.jpg

Went to DCB and picked up this just serviced M-35 and brought it back to Havasu for detail and put in storage.

dcb m-35 clay lhc 1.jpg

Cruised out to Las Cruces NM to pick up this 28' Howard Bullett.

howard 28 bullett nm 2.jpg

howard 28 bullett nm 1.jpg

Took it to DCB as trade in for this fantastic M-29, twin 565 package. Returned to Las Cruces with the M-29 to the very happy new owner who had never seen the boat in person until I delivered it.

dcb m-29 nm 2.jpg

dcb m-29 nm 1.jpg

Big Kahunaa

Reaction score
not to jack your thread but what tires do you run on your pickup and have you ever ran hankooks

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
How does that Skater tow on that tilt trailer? Seems like fuel mileage would suffer but curious how the tandem works while the boat is that far on its side?

Thanks for the update Doug :thumbsup

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Ran out to Howard Boats to pick up this beautiful 28' Deck to deliver to its happy new owner in Havasu.

howard 28 deck blue 2.jpg

howard 28 deck blue 1.jpg

Picked up this 27' Ultra in Havasu and delivered it to Its new owner in Michigan.

ultra 27 mich 1.jpg

Buzzed down to Elkhart IN to pick up this new Sweetwater toon for Horizon Motorsports in Havasu.

sweetwater 22.jpg

Bob resold this 27' Speedster to a guy in Canada, so I took it to Blaine WA to meet the new owner.

eliminator 27 speedster to can.jpg

On the way back down, I picked up this open bow Nordic for OCM in Portland and delivered it to the Havasu store.

nordic 27 thor 1.jpg

Ran out to DCB to pick up this fantastic M-35 rockin' 1350s and the new M-8 outdrives. I have been told the acceleration of this beast is utterly awsome.

dcb m-35 red black 2.jpg

dcb m-35 red black 1.jpg

Maxed Out Marine had me run out to GT Performance to grab the spectacular 39' Outerlimits and hustle back to Havasu. He had a test drive lined up and I believe it got sold. Good job Rick.

outerlimits 39 1.jpg

outerlimits 39 2.jpg

dougiebear111

Reaction score
not to jack your thread but what tires do you run on your pickup and have you ever ran hankooks

Michelin LTX. I just replaced the fronts that had been rotated from the rear; they had 120k on them. Its kind of hard to not keep going with the Michelins

dougiebear111

Reaction score
How does that Skater tow on that tilt trailer? Seems like fuel mileage would suffer but curious how the tandem works while the boat is that far on its side?

Thanks for the update Doug :thumbsup

It towed just fine. Fuel "yardage" was crap as there was a consistant crosswind. The tandem axels did not seem to have any effect.