WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

JL95

Reaction score
This is the Country Coastal Jam, a two day event they have every year in Long Beach. The venue is right next to the aquarium, along Shoreline Drive. They estimated over 30,000 people in attendance last night. It was a helluva good time!!

View attachment 1432147

The picture above is looking back from our seats towards the marina and the ocean. The crowds extended back across Shoreline Drive and up and over the big grass hill between Shoreline Drive and the marina.

View attachment 1432150

The picture above is obviously looking towards the stage. When Jason Aldean took the stage, people were packed in like sardines......standing room only!! It's a great venue!!
Hope you caught riley green

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Pearl jam live vedder sounds great. My phone unfortunately did a piss poor job of capturing it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Back to the Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable.

The Technics SL1200MK3D is a legendary table. But the Pioneer is more solid and sounds equally as good, and it's just more fun to play with.

Playing some alternative tracks that came with a special edition of Sonic Temple

IMG_0556.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
How was Devo? I wanted to see them one last time...
We were scrambling all day to get there. Had to do a million errands and the day got away from us we were only able to see pearl jam unfortunately.

Reactions: C-2

clarence

Reaction score
Sisters of Mercy show tonight.

Kind of disappointing.

Could have been lip-synced.

No sense of it being a live show where anything could happen.

C-2

Reaction score
Sisters of Mercy show tonight.

Kind of disappointing.

Could have been lip-synced.

No sense of it being a live show where anything could happen.
Seriously? That sux, what a disappointment.

clarence

Reaction score
Seriously? That sux, what a disappointment.

Yeah, that's been my experience with several similar (retro) shows lately.

Too careful to deliver what they believe the fans want.

Fuck that.

Should risk scaring them (too loud, too much distortion/feedback, tweaked versions of favorites, etc.).

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yeah, that's been my experience with several similar (retro) shows lately.

Too careful to deliver what they believe the fans want.

Fuck that.

Should risk scaring them (too loud, too much distortion/feedback, tweaked versions of favorites, etc.).
Recently saw Pearl jam and foo fighters. Both great. Foo fighters was way harder than the album live. grohls voice is toast but he was screaming the whole show. Pearl jam was album tight and vedder sounds as unintelligible as always but he was hitting all the notes.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I should add pearl jams videography on the screens was art that tied into the show perfectly. It really added to the whole experience.

C-2

Reaction score
Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneertown (Yucca Valley) is a sweet setup. Takes forever to get there and it's out in the middle of BFE, but weather was awesome, cool venue and the Buzzcocks did great. Descendents too!

C-2

Reaction score
My left ear ringing...I'm so sick of this shit...
I was just talking to my kiddo about this, and how they are unable to medically solve ringing ears. Last night we were in Yucca Valley and she wanted to get out of the car to look at the stars and to hear the silence. I told her, not silent for me, in fact deafening loud whenever there's no ambient sound to drown out the ringing.

Hang in there Dave!