WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Titanic Tour Submarine Missing.

beerrun

Reaction score
Do you guys think with currents that the sub could be 10 miles from where they are looking just bouncing around the bottom and they will never find it? The only thing is that the USCG has said that they have heard banging noise twice.

4Waters

Reaction score
Do you guys think with currents that the sub could be 10 miles from where they are looking just bouncing around the bottom and they will never find it? The only thing is that the USCG has said that they have heard banging noise twice.
I heard this morning that the submersible is programmed to automatically surface in 24hrs, that system could have failed but not likely. They very well could be bobbing around outside the search area.

Boatles

Reaction score
Some of you may remember this "sub"

polaris-nuclear-sub.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,hope they had pencil & paper on board. Incredible story those people could have left if Submersible found intact.

cofooter

Reaction score
I heard this morning that the submersible is programmed to automatically surface in 24hrs, that system could have failed but not likely. They very well could be bobbing around outside the search area.
The search area is the size of Connecticut and they know the wind and current direction. Possibly, but you'd think if it was bobbing on the surface that rescue would have already been made. More likely to be crumpled up on the bottom IMO.

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Search area was like 10,000 square miles so doubtful they were overlooked during the air search but then again anything is possible.

hallett21

Reaction score
Wouldn't the carbon fiber just turn to dust if it imploded?? The only thing they might find is the titanium dome in my opinion.
That’s what every expert has said. That’s assuming there was a hull failure

4Waters

Reaction score
The search area is the size of Connecticut and they know the wind and current direction. Possibly, but you'd think if it was bobbing on the surface that rescue would have already been made. More likely to be crumpled up on the bottom IMO.
That's if it floats above the surface, it maybe only able to float to just below the surface

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
You’d think they’d have an EPIRB?

2Driver

Reaction score
With all the satellite and so called AI technology today it seems archaic to fly around looking out a plane window for the sub or to be sticking a mic under water to see if they can hear something.

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score

outboard_256

Reaction score
Carbon fiber is pretty easy to drill. I wonder if they were smart enough to bring a cordless drill with a long drill bit so they could drill air holes if they reached the surface. Then they could bob around until they ran out of food and water.

outboard_256

Reaction score

clarence

Reaction score
. . . just because you can afford it doesn’t mean you know what your doing.

There's lots of instruction and deliberate practice available if you want to learn to drive. Schools, track days, autocross, etc.

Other than Tres Martin (and that only a day or day-and-a-half long), how does one learn to boat?

rrrr

Reaction score
So weirdly enough…. I know a lot of rich guys.

There’s some that are crazy smart in life.. and there’s some that are crazy smart in business.

It’s about an 80:20 business vs life.. someone said it earlier that a lot of these guys think their skills transcend all things. That pretty much nailed it.

I can literally hear some people I know bragging about how they spent 500k to take their kid down to the titanic and never even thinking something bad would happen to them..

The I think about guys like say @Go-Fly That would take one look at that operation on arrival and say fuck that.

When I was younger I used to jump in just about every fast skater you could imagine.. shit 13-14 years ago hanging out with Vern etc if you weren’t running 160+ you weren’t shit.

It took one hang over where I sent hammer and he almost died.. and one really terrifying ride in a DCB m35 for me to realize just because you can afford it doesn’t mean you know what your doing. I’m super super selective as to what boats I will ride in anymore..

Not that long ago I was in a decent sized center console and everytime the guy turned it was hopping all over the place and generally unhappy. I told the guy the boat isn’t happy and he should listen to it. He said that’s the way the boat is.. I said Jon Cosker would never release a boat that handles like this.. I gave him a piece of advice to maybe back the trim off about 50% of where it was at.. low and behold.

I had my son in that boat.. boat ran 90mph. My tolerance for bullshit is on the short side in that scenario.

Should he noted it never got so outta shape I was concerned.. it just was unhappy.

On another note though I wouldn’t think twice to jump in one of Randy’s Nordic ski race boats with him and prop it up to see what it would do.. or go run some small boat endurance record in the ocean..

Or jump in with Gary smith or chip Romer for a 180-200’ish mph ride. I wouldn’t do it in a shootout but I’d do it on a lake day.

Inversely though.. I have watched what is regarded as some of the most respected people in the industry.. and they couldn’t dock a boat if it had a one of those new Merc joysticks on it. Lol.

Shits crazy in this industry. Generally boat racers are the worst fucking drivers you have ever seen.

Sorry got on a tangent..

To get back to the point.. I don’t get the point of getting in a sub to watch it in a video screen. If I was gonna do that I’d just watch it on YouTube (as we all can) save 500k and not jeopardize my life in the process.

RD
Good post.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Coast guard to have news conference at Noon Pacific time.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
When other submersibles dove on the Titanic, didn't they have ROV's aboard the "mothership" that could make the dive? Or did the ROV's descend and were controlled by the submersible?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So weirdly enough…. I know a lot of rich guys.

There’s some that are crazy smart in life.. and there’s some that are crazy smart in business.

It’s about an 80:20 business vs life.. someone said it earlier that a lot of these guys think their skills transcend all things. That pretty much nailed it.

I can literally hear some people I know bragging about how they spent 500k to take their kid down to the titanic and never even thinking something bad would happen to them..

The I think about guys like say @Go-Fly That would take one look at that operation on arrival and say fuck that.

When I was younger I used to jump in just about every fast skater you could imagine.. shit 13-14 years ago hanging out with Vern etc if you weren’t running 160+ you weren’t shit.

It took one hang over where I sent hammer and he almost died.. and one really terrifying ride in a DCB m35 for me to realize just because you can afford it doesn’t mean you know what your doing. I’m super super selective as to what boats I will ride in anymore..

Not that long ago I was in a decent sized center console and everytime the guy turned it was hopping all over the place and generally unhappy. I told the guy the boat isn’t happy and he should listen to it. He said that’s the way the boat is.. I said Jon Cosker would never release a boat that handles like this.. I gave him a piece of advice to maybe back the trim off about 50% of where it was at.. low and behold.

I had my son in that boat.. boat ran 90mph. My tolerance for bullshit is on the short side in that scenario.

Should he noted it never got so outta shape I was concerned.. it just was unhappy.

On another note though I wouldn’t think twice to jump in one of Randy’s Nordic ski race boats with him and prop it up to see what it would do.. or go run some small boat endurance record in the ocean..

Or jump in with Gary smith or chip Romer for a 180-200’ish mph ride. I wouldn’t do it in a shootout but I’d do it on a lake day.

Inversely though.. I have watched what is regarded as some of the most respected people in the industry.. and they couldn’t dock a boat if it had a one of those new Merc joysticks on it. Lol.

Shits crazy in this industry. Generally boat racers are the worst fucking drivers you have ever seen.

Sorry got on a tangent..

To get back to the point.. I don’t get the point of getting in a sub to watch it in a video screen. If I was gonna do that I’d just watch it on YouTube (as we all can) save 500k and not jeopardize my life in the process.

RD

All that is to say that the rich usually end up dead because of their own money, and the easiest sell is to a salesman. :)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score