WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

Joker

Reaction score
IMG_4463.gif

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
On the way home from little league about 20 minutes ago I saw two speed cars on a trailer getting on the 15. I think it was at magnolia. I was coming from el Cerrito. Didn’t have time to take a pic while driving

AiiRaciing

Reaction score
On the way home from little league about 20 minutes ago I saw two speed cars on a trailer getting on the 15. I think it was at magnolia. I was coming from el Cerrito. Didn’t have time to take a pic while driving
No shit, I live right there. Wonder if they are local or if RG’s warehouse is off El Cerrito somewhere

stonehenge

Reaction score
I love this, "WE HAD A SPEED SIGHTING!!!"

no other brand or manf. has this much buzz, positive or negative, pretty cool to watch

AiiRaciing

Reaction score
I drove around this location yesterday and didn’t see any signs of Speed UTV, but it was also Sunday around 12:30pm so there wasn’t a single car or person on that entire block. Someone had mentioned over by Pro Armor, we drive by there 4 times a week on the way to class, next time that I have time I’ll drive down that street and make a pass.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I drove around this location yesterday and didn’t see any signs of Speed UTV, but it was also Sunday around 12:30pm so there wasn’t a single car or person on that entire block. Someone had mentioned over by Pro Armor, we drive by there 4 times a week on the way to class, next time that I have time I’ll drive down that street and make a pass.
I only posted that because it was an AP Logistics address in Corona, so it seemed the most likely place since he was renting from them. I have no real information, except it appeared they were working inside yesterday.

AiiRaciing

Reaction score
I only posted that because it was an AP Logistics address in Corona, so it seemed the most likely place since he was renting from them. I have no real information, except it appeared they were working inside yesterday.
Yesterday there was only 1 car in the parking lot when we drove by(looks like it hadn’t moved in months) when I got on the 91 this morning I looked down and could see there was at least 2 more cars along the side of that building. But it’s a very large building and can’t see what in front.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hoping to see an unbiased 3-way shootout between the Pro-R, Speed and new Maverick R.
Desert and Dunes, 100% stock other than paddles for sand.

@RiverDave you should try to arrange this and publish the results before it's done elsewhere

Get a seasoned offroad race driver who isn't associated with any of the three brands - maybe a truck or buggy guy.
Then also have an "average joe's" perspective - a guy who currently runs an older RZR or X3 or recreational purposes.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Hoping to see an unbiased 3-way shootout between the Pro-R, Speed and new Maverick R.

@RiverDave you should try to arrange this and publish the results before it's done elsewhere

Get a seasoned offroad race driver who isn't associated with any of the three brands - maybe a truck or buggy guy.
Then also have an "average joe's" perspective - a guy who currently runs an older RZR or X3 or recreational purposes.
River Dave is biased so it won’t work.

DLC

Reaction score

Ok Ok
I’ll be happy to drive the cars during the test !!

I like all 3 cars
each car has their own …. pros & cons

Groper

Reaction score
Ok Ok
I’ll be happy to drive the cars during the test !!

I like all 3 cars
each car has their own …. pros & cons
I got dib's on the other one's that are parked while you're out. :D

Reactions: DLC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is the Speed Key even happening? A lot of these cars are over 500 miles now so wonder whats up with that.

It's happening.. ;) :).

My car will be here this Sunday.. when are you coming out for your ride?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Your car will have the Speed key Sunday? Ill be at the SSSS Sunday.

I think you have to break the motor in before you start running the speed key.. that said if ya want to go for a rip in one in that mode I can probably make that happen in havasu.. ;).

ZSTIV

Reaction score
that would only effect the drag race portion. rest of the results stay the same. brakes likely get worse as its going faster.
They upgraded the compound on the brake pads. Showed testing a little over a month ago.

sandshark1

Reaction score
I thought they were still working out some of the tuning with the Speed Key and that was the delay.

PaPaG

Reaction score

Great idea Bb500.

702sandman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they used the speed key when they raced Norra or KOH this year ?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the timeline for a #700ish car?

sandshark1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they used the speed key when they raced Norra or KOH this year ?
I think they only raced with race gas or stock tunes. I would think e85 lacking fuel mileage would not be good for long desert racing.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Looks like they had an issue today while prerunning in Baja, not sure what the issue was......