WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Really wanted to see 85 on the screen, SUPER happy with 84.....

Blue Oval

Reaction score
What is the story on the engine cover change?
6BAC5AA6-608B-497B-96FD-7CF5E9B1D3D2.jpeg

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
B09144BE-6BE7-4B4F-9BB3-0EDD9E31C135.png

I pulled this from video from yesterday.

HulaToo runs awesome due to a lot of thought and planning, as well as specific components. The running attitude at speed as well as the low rooster shows how well this non-lightweight boat runs. It does just about everything right. I’m happy for Hula that something has gone terrifically right this year.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Got stuck behind the county on 41 just now. They're spraying brine on the roads in anticipation of tonight's snow.

Now I'm at the carwash getting all the damned salt washed off my truck.:mad:

Just had it washed last Thursday.

Headless hula

Reaction score
15722791780336332229206019667452.jpg
The carwash happend to be next to the new chic filet in Appleton.
At least I know where I'm having lunch!

Last edited:

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Cold enough to snow up here, but that system stayed south.

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
I'd imagine this can't be good for TDFs ongoing harvest.:eek:
Didn’t get enough todo any damage, and the temps are supposed to get warm enough to melt it all. But, it is holding us up for today and....we shall see how long.

Definitely will not be harvesting any beans any more this week.

Not that anyone asked or probably cares, I was discussing progress with a friend last Tuesday night. At that time we were appropriately 1000 acres into 4400 of our own corn and beans, and 0 of 1200 custom acres needing to be harvested. This morning, our beans are done and we have some of the custom beans done. We currently sit 1900 of 4400, and 75 of 1200. So this past week, even spending some time waiting for beans to dry, we still got nearly 1000 acres off this week. Finally felt like a productive week.

SnoC653

Reaction score
Cold enough to snow up here, but that system stayed south.

And those of us to the South really didn't want any of that white stuff either. Come Wednesday night why don't you guys take it all up there. They are saying 3 inches down here in Central Iowa. Just hoping I can get the Horse shed finished before the wife gets upset that her filly is out in the snow.

Headless hula

Reaction score
And those of us to the South really didn't want any of that white stuff either. Come Wednesday night why don't you guys take it all up there. They are saying 3 inches down here in Central Iowa. Just hoping I can get the Horse shed finished before the wife gets upset that her filly is out in the snow.
Welcome to the show. ;)

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
I remember a big snow on Halloween when I was a kid. Cant recall snow before it though...
They're calling for more Thursday.
Yup, Halloween 1991. I was in college in River Falls, WI. 40 inches of snow up there. Brutal. Shoveled my car out four times that weekend so the campus could plow the lots.
I believe that storm kept me in RF for the weekend, as I was supposed to be home for a wedding. Ended up at a Halloween party and ended up meeting my wife at the party.

TripleB

Reaction score
This afternoon I helped Hula insulate the ceiling of Hula Hut 2.0

That job really sucked, but seeing as Hula was blowing insulation in, he said it blows not sucks:)

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
This afternoon I helped Hula insulate the ceiling of Hula Hut 2.0

That job really sucked, but seeing as Hula was blowing insulation in, he said it blows not sucks:)
You were the one throwing bales into the chopper?

TripleB

Reaction score
You were the one throwing bales into the chopper?

For starters, I’ve never done any insulation, second he points to the plastic “bales” and said just put them in the blower but don’t get your hands below the bars.
He never “explained” that upon cutting the plastic “bales” open they expand 20 times the package size and need to be “broken” down for the blower.
The only saving grace was when “someone” wanted to open the garage door with the ladder in the way. That was funny to me, but Marsha needed a snickers:)

j21black

Reaction score
Not to shabby for his 2nd time picking up the stick. He Pulled it a little high in one section but went back and fixed it. He practiced for about an hour last night.

Trying to get him into making a job out of it since he doesn't want to go it school.

After he did that I had him draw beads on a piece of scrap, in which he drew a smiley face and than welded all the scrap into a big pile.

He can take welding in High School in 2 years. My wife said it is extremely hard class to get into. I'm going to have him keep practing and meet with the teacher next year and show him what Tyler has been doing to hopefully help him get in.

23.png
24.png
25.png
32.jpg
24.png
25.png
32.jpg

Headless hula

Reaction score
I got some pretty bad burns a couple winters ago. Was welding my intake plenum together with tig. Friggin hurt for days!

j21black

Reaction score
Bet he's got some sunburn on those arms today. Get him some sleeves to wear!!

He was good. He didn't want to use my jacket - way to big.

Next time I'll tell him to put some sleeves on until I can get him his own. Of course I drew some with him without putting my gloves on! :)

IMG_6408.JPG

j21black

Reaction score
I got some pretty bad burns a couple winters ago. Was welding my intake plenum together with tig. Friggin hurt for days!

My brother stopped by on his way to Florida last spring and welded up my welding table. He got a head start on his florida tan.

I have yet to experience it. But I'm sure it will happen at some point.

Headless hula

Reaction score
My brother stopped by on his way to Florida last spring and welded up my welding table. He got a head start on his florida tan.

I have yet to experience it. But I'm sure it will happen at some point.
I did it to the insides of my elbows, kind of the underside. Stings!!

j21black

Reaction score
27.jpg
I finished up making my Harbor Freight cart a little better. Wouldn't roll for shit on factory casters, built a frame and added new casters. Its perfect now, just a little small.
29.jpg

j21black

Reaction score
Good call. Mine also rolls for View attachment 812065 shit.

Harbor had a sell for 30% off any items under $10 last weekend. Limit of 5 items. After the discount and taxes I think I got all 4 casters for like $12 total. The way it was before it would roll straight fine, but if you tried to turn it, it was a PIA. This solved it, but I think I am going to have to trim the wheel locks down, or add some plate under them for clearance. They seem to catch on the frame (sometimes) when turning it. Didn't look at it to hard last night. I was on my feet longer than I should have been yesterday after right knee surgery on Tuesday, but managed to get that done, and welded pieces that had broke off of our gate back into place.

j21black

Reaction score
Ordered. Be here Saturday. He needed a small, but it was more expensive and not prime so no free shipping. Medium it is.

Capture.PNG

HST4ME

Reaction score
20191031_145935.jpg

Here we go again. It's going to be a tough winter along the water fronts here.