WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

TripleB

Reaction score
Rumor has it the Hula hut 2 is almost painted, and my pictures still won’t post, I wonder why?

j21black

Reaction score
Hopefully this lasts him a while.

IMG_6607.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
We are getting close to a midwest post ho horse show throw down!

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Well this is bullshit! Again this morning, and now the third day this season being unable to harvest due to this white crap!
A087FF39-E056-4E5A-8546-12CCE2C224FE.jpeg

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
whats a matter, they melt when snow lands on them?:)

All kidding aside it must be extremely frustrating dealing with Mother Nature
Certain things I care never to do again, including tearing a combine separator apart completely during the season. A few years ago we got some snow during the harvest, and tried going too soon. Initially, the cold snow running through the warm machine starts to melt and plug the sieves. But in this case it built up an ice berm and ended up exploding the cleaning fan. Complete suck!

Mother Nature is completely off her meds and needs to be institutionalized!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Looks great!:cool:
I've been holding back on the progress pics. I hauled a majority of my crap out today and stashed it all in tripleb's building across the street. I'll be getting the rest out tomorrow.
Its getting a floor this week. :D
I wanted to wait till its finished, and then all my equipment moved back in, but he keeps giving me shit.....:p

Was thinking about starting a separate thread showing it all start to finish....

I've honestly been thinking about marketing it.

"Executive toyboxes"?

"Rockstar garages"?

Gotta come up with a catchy name first....:confused:

TripleB

Reaction score
I hope Hula has pictures start to finish, it’s going to be a top flight shop

Headless hula

Reaction score
I hope Hula has pictures start to finish, it’s going to be a top flight shop
I do. Theres only a few things left in there now. I filled both the black and white trailers and parked em where your little camper usually sits. :D

Taboma

Reaction score
I've been holding back on the progress pics. I hauled a majority of my crap out today and stashed it all in tripleb's building across the street. I'll be getting the rest out tomorrow.
Its getting a floor this week. :D
I wanted to wait till its finished, and then all my equipment moved back in, but he keeps giving me shit.....:p

Was thinking about starting a separate thread showing it all start to finish....

I've honestly been thinking about marketing it.

"Executive toyboxes"?

"Rockstar garages"?

Gotta come up with a catchy name first....:confused:

Are these units purchased or leased ? Perfect for your needs and soon you'll need another :p

Headless hula

Reaction score
Found a drone shot of the boat ramp near my place. This is looking north.
Screenshot_20191104-073620_Maps.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
I own the building. It's in a "condo assn" though.

Gotcha, same concept as the two back to back storage condos we've owned in Havasu since 96'. One major difference is yours appears to have its own elec meter.
Much better suited for your 'shop' needs, versus ours intended for storing the toys. When we bought ours, we only filled half and rented half, but since holes need to be filled, we did our part, lol :rolleyes: :D

Headless hula

Reaction score
Gotcha, same concept as the two back to back storage condos we've owned in Havasu since 96'. One major difference is yours appears to have its own elec meter.
Much better suited for your 'shop' needs, versus ours intended for storing the toys. When we bought ours, we only filled half and rented half, but since holes need to be filled, we did our part, lol :rolleyes: :D
Yep. All the buildings have electric, gas, and I believe telephone available.
Theres a common "restroom" on the property also. Small building with 3 rooms. Theres a "mop sink", and a room with a toilet and a handwashing sink.
The property is just far enough out in the "blueberries" to be convenient. :)
Also not too close to any residential so noise isnt a big deal.

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Just finished up harvest for today. Unfortunately just too late to get cleaned up and take the Mrs. out tonight. 24 blissful (ok mostly blissful) years today. When we got married this was our off season.

Weather is supposed to be crappy later in the week. Then I can hopefully get home early enough to treat her to a nice dinner out.

She worked all day hauling corn for me today, so I’ll let her relax and put her feet up.

BTW, pushing near 50% on our corn. All beans are done and still have all the custom corn acres to do yet too.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Concrete had a fairly heavy coat of sealer on it. Was coming up ok, then it just plugged the diamond wheel right up.
:mad:
received_2626428500919962.jpeg

Had to put muratic on it.
received_2095798567187628.jpeg
received_986163528386299.jpeg

Got that mess cleaned up, and finished grinding.
36158.jpeg
36161.jpeg

Now it's time to let the sawcuts dry out, otherwise the urethane will blister.
20191105_150209.jpg

Headless hula

Reaction score
15729887612791054710578636731422.jpg

Itll take a little bit to dry at these temps...

Headless hula

Reaction score
Glad to have all the resin and epoxy drips cleaned off the floor now.

I guess I'll use lots more cardboard with future projects. :D

Headless hula

Reaction score
Lakes lookin nice and blue today.
2-4" tonight through tomorrow morning.
Hula hauler is stuffed in the little garage.
20191105_153233.jpg

Headless hula

Reaction score
What do you soak up the muriatic residue with?
I went and filled 6 or 7 buckets with water and flushed it all out the door. I dumped one on the apron outside so that wouldn't get jacked up.

Then squeegeed it all off.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Grinding went WAY faster after the acid bath....

I spent 3-4 hours grinding yesterday?
Took an hour to do the same area today.
The drawback is the sawcuts refuse to dry. Took a little torch and tried drying it.

Water is soaked in.... damp spots came right back.

Headless hula

Reaction score
So, poptart was here this morning.
She was asking me about the fuel pump that's at her mom's place. They have mini tank farm. Diesel, unleaded and a kerosene tank. All 3 have electric pumps and even though there isnt much going on in the way of field work, the tanks still see a fair amount of use.
Marilyn uses kerosene to heat the milkhouse as her well water pipes that supply the house run from the barn.
There has been a little leak/dripping going on when poptart fills the fuel jugs for the little salamander heater for her mom. I've never messed with one before, so wasnt really sure just WTF the problem was. I asked her if she had a picture of the "culprit"...

Sure enough... last year she had asked her brother in law to take a look, maybe fix it. Well, here we are next year and it hasn't been touched. Sure the farm is good enough to use for hunting land, but god forbid you take 10 minutes out of your schedule to look at something for Marilyn. :mad:

Anyway.... poptart shows me this pic.
received_438534387072222.jpeg
received_1270391913121862.jpeg
20191105_074536.jpg

Fuel is coming out of the little fitting on the side.

I ask, is it tapped inside?

She has no idea.

Headless hula

Reaction score
So anyway, I send the screenshot pic over to @Tractorsdontfloat and @snowhammer because they both have had to deal with these farm style fuel pump deals before.

Mark says have poptart put a plug in it to stop the leak till I can get up there an take a proper look.

Curt says it's a anti siphon valve and probably just has crud stuck in it...

Well, sent her to the hardware store to get pipe plugs (I couldn't tell from the pic if its 1/4 or 1/8")
And told her to grab a can of brake cleaner too. If she can get it unscrewed, see what the hell is inside it, and clean it out!

Well shit....
received_785583815241052.jpeg
received_416373515695243.jpeg

Couple of pepper sized chunks of rust came out. She put it back together and no more leaking kerosene.

We'll mark that as a win. :D

Last edited:

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
So anyway, I send the screenshot pic over to @Tractorsdontfloat and @snowboat because they both have had to deal with these farm style fuel pump deals before.

Mark says have poptart put a plug in it to stop the leak till I can get up there an take a proper look.

Curt says it's a anti siphon valve and probably just has crud stuck in it...

Well, sent her to the hardware store to get pipe plugs (I couldn't tell from the pic if its 1/4 or 1/8")
And told her to grab a can of brake cleaner too. If she can get it unscrewed, see what the hell is inside it, and clean it out!

Well shit....
View attachment 813784 View attachment 813785

Couple of pepper sized chunks of rust came out. She put it back together and no more leaking kerosene.

We'll mark that as a win. :D
Pop tart saves the day!;)

Who is this snowboat character?

Headless hula

Reaction score
View attachment 813805 :cool:

Why don’t you guys just use these? I’m not big on the government telling me how to be safe. :p
No vent! They go GLUG GLUG SPLASH GLUG.....

:p:p:p

I like old fashioned gas cans. The ones that'll whistle when they're drainin....:D

Edit in the bamm! :D
Time for a fresh page. The other one smells like spilled fuel!!