WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it OK if I share some joy? I am just so friggin happy!

702sandman

Reaction score
After close you can only buy at what the "open" price is tomorrow I believe..... if you put in a Buy order now.
good Info. I went to buy more shares and it says it won’t let me transfer my money till the 20th now I guess because of Juneteenth ? 🤷🏼‍♂️

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ve put a few bucks now into NVDA I was curious as a newb in stocks what does the after hours trading numbers mean ? I want to buy more today so i see the close price than the after hours price not sure what the difference is and can I buy at the close price today ?

Depending on your brokerage and settings you can purchase after hours. The spread between bid and ask prices tends to have a larger gap than during normal hours. After hours trading ends at 8pm Eastern.

Then you get into purchases at “market price” vs a “limit price”. Limit price is setting an exact amount that you’re willing to spend ($110.56 for instance). Market price would be buying the current “ask” price in that exact moment.

The only issue with market price purchases is that technically someone could ask something crazy like $200 for a $100 stock and you could get stuck buying it. The odds are like 1: 1 million. What tends to happen is that you end up buying on the high side of the bid/ask vs right at “fair” price.

702sandman

Reaction score
Depending on your brokerage and settings you can purchase after hours. The spread between bid and ask prices tends to have a larger gap than during normal hours. After hours trading ends at 8pm Eastern.

Then you get into purchases at “market price” vs a “limit price”. Limit price is setting an exact amount that you’re willing to spend ($110.56 for instance). Market price would be buying the current “ask” price in that exact moment.

The only issue with market price purchases is that technically someone could ask something crazy like $200 for a $100 stock and you could get stuck buying it. The odds are like 1: 1 million. What tends to happen is that you end up buying on the high side of the bid/ask vs right at “fair” price.
Great info, I was wondering though if you put your limit buy at say 110 and the buy that day is 112 and it never goes back down to 110 and only keeps going up then does that mean you dont buy till eventually it goes down to that 110 ? Just dont want to miss buying at a lower price

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Great info, I was wondering though if you put your limit buy at say 110 and the buy that day is 112 and it never goes back down to 110 and only keeps going up then does that mean you dont buy till eventually it goes down to that 110 ? Just dont want to miss buying at a lower price
Yes

endobear

Reaction score
I don't know anything about stock market trading. Did figure out how to put some money in a Robin Hood account. But that's as far as I've gotten.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just picked up some PLTR. Already up a couple bucks by the time I checked my order.
I have been on the Palantir ride for almost 3years.

Started buying at $27 and ride it all the way down to $5 came back up to low 20’s and I dumped about 100 shares for about even money. I’m down to 245 shares at 19.80 and I’m not selling again. Anytime it goes below 19 I’m buying more. If it ever touches single digits I’m throwing every dollar I have in.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I have been on the Palantir ride for almost 3years.

Started buying at $27 and ride it all the way down to $5 came back up to low 20’s and I dumped about 100 shares for about even money. I’m down to 245 shares at 19.80 and I’m not selling again. Anytime it goes below 19 I’m buying more. If it ever touches single digits I’m throwing every dollar I have in.
I’m now down on the day a couple bucks, knew I was late on the day but it’ll come back.
I’ve been watching for a while. Now that I’m in I’ll watch closer. Ya I f it goes under 20 I’ll load the boat. But trying not to get FOMOed.🤔

702sandman

Reaction score
Humor………

How much longer will it take……… for me to turn into The Bionic Man?

The suspense is killing me! lol
The way it’s going right now you might be going towards Austin powers 🤦🏼 you have to have nerves of steel lol

Bails

Reaction score
I put $1500 in when this thread was started. I'm up 47.76%, which equals $2215.90

I feel like I need to contribute to this thread. I've been in Axon Enterprises for the last couple of years, I'm right at 30% gain in value. Formerly Taser, I've been told they are the only game in town for law enforcement. There package covers everything cops need, body cams, tasers, and cloud storage. For small to medium departments Axon is the solution. Last week I heard that the president of the company was talking about using AI. AI will use the body cam footage to write the incident report, should be a huge time saver and a more complete report. Additionally the border patrol just signed a contract with Axon.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m now down on the day a couple bucks, knew I was late on the day but it’ll come back.
I’ve been watching for a while. Now that I’m in I’ll watch closer. Ya I f it goes under 20 I’ll load the boat. But trying not to get FOMOed.🤔
Do not load the boat under 20. I would tip toe in as it tends to take some swings. I would get aggressive in the mid teens though.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Sold my small position yesterday for 138.50, was thinking pullback was close and might as well walk with a little profit.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Hoping profit takers and a bit of investor fear pulls it back to 100, then its time to load up again.... :)

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This company just hit all time highs and became most valuable company.

And it’s a Friday. Profit takers. Don’t worry just hang on and dollar cost average. I bought at 120 and if it hits 110 I will buy a bit more at 100 I will buy allot more.

No bubbles no troubles.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I gotta have some humor…….

So far today………

Ive lost a NEW 21’ Hallett w/trailer. A custom golf cart. A Mediterranean cruise. And my dignity! LOL

This week……… 500k POOF!

Geez……. Hopefully next week I won’t be jerking off my dog, to feed my cat!

702sandman

Reaction score
I gotta have some humor…….

So far today………

Ive lost a NEW 21’ Hallett w/trailer. A custom golf cart. A Mediterranean cruise. And my dignity! LOL

This week……… 500k POOF!

Geez……. Hopefully next week I won’t be jerking off my dog, to feed my cat!
I feel you lol I chose the wrong week to jump in I’m down over 3k. But like in life you can’t make money unless you risk money 😁😁 I’m in for a ride let’s goooooo!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I feel you lol I chose the wrong week to jump in I’m down over 3k. But like in life you can’t make money unless you risk money 😁😁 I’m in for a ride let’s goooooo!
You are in a good position. I wouldn’t worry about it at all. Sure, it would have been better to buy today, but in the long haul, it will bounce back, then continue its trajectory. I feel pretty confident that I will become the Bionic Man within the next couple of weeks.

At least those that have recently bought in, can jump in and out of the market. For me, I have heavy tax consequences if I jump out. Which I have no plans of doing anytime soon. Analysts are on my side, with their current predictions. Let it ride!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
You are in a good position. I wouldn’t worry about it at all. Sure, it would have been better to buy today, but in the long haul, it will bounce back, then continue its trajectory. I feel pretty confident that I will become the Bionic Man within the next couple of weeks.

At least those that have recently bought in, can jump in and out of the market. For me, I have heavy tax consequences if I jump out. Which I have no plans of doing anytime soon. Analysts are on my side, with their current predictions. Let it ride!
Honest Question. You have obviously done well for yourself prior to this stock thing... So at what point do you cash out and enjoy your earnings? It does not appear this is your one shot at living comfortably the rest of your life. I'd hate to see you ride and lose the majority of this even though it's still more than your initial investment.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Honest Question. You have obviously done well for yourself prior to this stock thing... So at what point do you cash out and enjoy your earnings? It does not appear this is your one shot at living comfortably the rest of your life. I'd hate to see you ride and lose the majority of this even though it's still more than your initial investment.
I’ll do my best to answer.

First, I keep moving my “Limit Stops”. I raise them in conjunction with the growing stock. I don’t want to trigger a sale, which can happen on a day like today. Because of that, if my limit stops do engage, I will loose 30% of my NVDA portfolio. This is because I have set my stop at 30%. So if my total value is 5 million, I will loose 1.5 million of it, if a crash takes place. If I made the stop 10%, I would have already lost/sold it several times over the last 11 years.

The other thing with selling, is that I will be paying the highest tax rate possible. This is actually an opportunity to put a large amount at risk on other ventures. If I loose, I can offset the taxes with the losses. Because of that, I have 2 large commercial building projects in development. Both are the same thing. One is a 15 unit Toy Condo facility 2.9 miles from my home. (It is currently being re-zoned by my land attorneys) The other, a 60 to 80 unit Toy Condo facility, somewhere in South Florida. We are shopping for the land now. There is a LOT of risk in what I am doing. If my bet does not pay off, I will write those losses off in my taxes, when I cash in Nvidia. So this means I plan on holding Nvidia for at least a couple more years, depending on analysts predictions and overall market.

The upside………. If I sell-out the Toy Condos. It will make my Nvidia holdings look like chump change.

As far as enjoyment of my funds, all I know is what I don’t want. A yacht being at the top of the unwanted list. A humongous trophy house is 2nd on that list. Until my wife decides to finally call it a career, i am stuck finding ways to keep busy. It’s why I love being a Tiki Captain. So easy. So much fun too. I really don’t want to do any other captaining, after discovering how much fun tourist tours are. No more yacht deliveries for me! lol

I do a lot of boating. Mainly to lunch.

My number one goal is to have numerous income streams as I go through the aging process. Real estate income. Stock dividend income. Interest income. 401k income. Social Security income. Equity growth. And overall portfolio growth until the day my daughter inherits it!

DUN

Reaction score

First, I keep moving my “Limit Stops”. I raise them in conjunction with the growing stock. I don’t want to trigger a sale, which can happen on a day like today. Because of that, if my limit stops do engage, I will loose 30% of my NVDA portfolio. This is because I have set my stop at 30%. So if my total value is 5 million, I will loose 1.5 million of it, if a crash takes place. If I made the stop 10%, I would have already lost/sold it several times over the last 11 years.

The other thing with selling, is that I will be paying the highest tax rate possible. This is actually an opportunity to put a large amount at risk on other ventures. If I loose, I can offset the taxes with the losses. Because of that, I have 2 large commercial building projects in development. Both are the same thing. One is a 15 unit Toy Condo facility 2.9 miles from my home. (It is currently being re-zoned by my land attorneys) The other, a 60 to 80 unit Toy Condo facility, somewhere in South Florida. We are shopping for the land now. There is a LOT of risk in what I am doing. If my bet does not pay off, I will write those losses off in my taxes, when I cash in Nvidia. So this means I plan on holding Nvidia for at least a couple more years, depending on analysts predictions and overall market.

The upside………. If I sell-out the Toy Condos. It will make my Nvidia holdings look like chump change.

As far as enjoyment of my funds, all I know is what I don’t want. A yacht being at the top of the unwanted list. A humongous trophy house is 2nd on that list. Until my wife decides to finally call it a career, i am stuck finding ways to keep busy. It’s why I love being a Tiki Captain. So easy. So much fun too. I really don’t want to do any other captaining, after discovering how much fun tourist tours are. No more yacht deliveries for me! lol

My number one goal is to have numerous income streams as I go through the aging process. Real estate income. Stock dividend income. Interest income. 401k income. Social Security income. Equity growth. And overall portfolio growth until the day my daughter inherits it!

Awesome

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bought some more on this pull back.

C-YA you probably lost my entire debt amount this morning 🤣

boatnam2

Reaction score
Up 6k last week, back to red today, like going to Vegas!

RVR_RCN

Reaction score
I think it's mostly due to the heavy options trading on this stock, Up and down. I had call options and it went down, bought some puts and and it went up. I was opposite both times, I think my options trading career is over!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I’m up about 14% on PANW from that cliff dive it took a few months ago that someone here called out. Now I brought it up I’m sure it’s going to tank.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing this.

The real value of this community is the willingness of successful people sharing expertise. There are experts in many fields on RDP, it is why I am still participate after shutting down all my other social channels. I appreciate this place even when the politics sour the mood.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
I put $1500 in when this thread was started. I'm up 47.76%, which equals $2215.90

I feel like I need to contribute to this thread. I've been in Axon Enterprises for the last couple of years, I'm right at 30% gain in value. Formerly Taser, I've been told they are the only game in town for law enforcement. There package covers everything cops need, body cams, tasers, and cloud storage. For small to medium departments Axon is the solution. Last week I heard that the president of the company was talking about using AI. AI will use the body cam footage to write the incident report, should be a huge time saver and a more complete report. Additionally the border patrol just signed a contract with Axon.

I work with several police departments and they have ALL been buying Axon body cameras every two or three years. Axion stores all of the camera data and the departments will upgrade when Axon wants them too.

Full disclosure, I started a position in Axon today.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
I audit small governments for a living, they have ALL been getting grants to buy Axon body cameras and the latest round calls for replacement every 2 years. They also store all of the camera data so the departments don't have any other option than to upgrade when Axon tells them too.

Not bad advice but on the flip side of the coin seems like they are putting all their eggs into one government basket. Piss off the wrong senator and that could all come Crashing Down.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I audit small governments for a living, they have ALL been getting grants to buy Axon body cameras and the latest round calls for replacement every 2 years. They also store all of the camera data so the departments don't have any other option than to upgrade when Axon tells them too.

Looks like they’re into drones etc also. I’ll be watching it.

beerrun

Reaction score
Hey John (C-YA) what does this mean a reverse split
Screenshot_20240625-082139_Chrome.jpg

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I know a few people that went to work for Faraday Future. One of them left and now builds stupid shit like a car that looks like a pineapple with lights whose color reacts to different music notes to take to burning man….said this was a more profitable venture.