WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it OK if I share some joy? I am just so friggin happy!

gqchris

Reaction score
Very risky. I've had $100K days and lost $150K the next day but I'm crazy. Buying the actual stock is a lot less risky.
Thanks Sir.

So not to get off topic, but I just watched the Roaring Kitty livestream. In a nutshell, can you tell me What the F is going on? Does he go live to make the stock tank and then it can be inflated the next trading day? What is the end game here.

It seems that the stock was halted half of the stream!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Thanks Sir.

So not to get off topic, but I just watched the Roaring Kitty livestream. In a nutshell, can you tell me What the F is going on? Does he go live to make the stock tank and then it can be inflated the next trading day? What is the end game here.

Yeah not sure why he did that. He can't say much about the stock because the SEC is watching him and every thing he said, made the stock tank.

HCP3

Reaction score
Thanks Sir.

He hasn't streamed or posed on social media in 3 years. The reason GME pumped recently was because he started posting on X again on May 12th. He probably was hoping to keep the pump going with today's stream. People thought he would have some insight but in reality he is just a normal guy who hit the lottery but won't sell. Like OP.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
He hasn't streamed or posed on social media in 3 years. The reason GME pumped recently was because he started posting on X again on May 12th. He probably was hoping to keep the pump going with today's stream. People thought he would have some insight but in reality he is just a normal guy who hit the lottery but won't sell. Like OP.

I consider Roaring Kitty a Genius and I am nowhere near his level of knowledge. He is currently worth 300 million. The only thing we have in common is neither of us likes to sell. lol

When he came back to play in the GME sandbox, he brought 115 million with him.

One last comment……… I sure wish some of the comedians on WSB were on this site. Those guys are hilarious.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score

NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)​

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
120.89-1,089.09 (-90.01%)

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
It hasn’t lost 90%……

It split…….. 10x1

Today and this week should be fun with new lower price per share. I am expecting a surge!
Really? Never heard of such a thing
First day watching stocks

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Geez…….. I’ve already received 3 texts this morning about Nvidia crashing. lol

The funniest……… I told you to sell, now look what’s happened.
Now that’s funny.

WYRD

Reaction score
Geez…….. I’ve already received 3 texts this morning about Nvidia crashing. lol

The funniest……… I told you to sell, now look what’s happened.
You need to reply back to all of them hurry Buy in buy more it's so cheap. LOL

RVR_RCN

Reaction score
Well I’m up $60K on GME today. I bought $40 puts and $30 puts before market closed yesterday. Nuts.

View attachment 1384957

Rookie question here - if you buy a put or a call option and it expires "in the money" do you have to buy that stock, or do you sell the put or call before expiration for profit? I guess I'm asking what the options are post-expiration.

Further, if you don't hit target by expiration do you lose the initial investment only. That is, the contract is worthless and no stock changes hands?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Rookie question here - if you buy a put or a call option and it expires "in the money" do you have to buy that stock, or do you sell the put or call before expiration for profit? I guess I'm asking what the options are post-expiration.

Further, if you don't hit target by expiration do you lose the initial investment only. That is, the contract is worthless and no stock changes hands?

If the options expire in the money, you'll have to buy the stock so you shouldn't let it expire in the money unless you're planning on converting it to the stock. You should sell the options in the money before the market closes and before they expire.

Also, yes if you don't hit your target, the options expire worthless and you lost your initial investment. Nothing changes hands.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I bought 10shares of Nvidia this morning. I’m up $11. And not selling 😎

A bit about PLTR. Do some research. They are changing how war is fought. They save Airbus millions, the increase healthcare efficiencies. They are able to do amazing things in many different areas. Also they have 2 billion of cash and the guy who started pay pal helped start Palantir. The CEO wants nothing more than to prove his shit don’t stink and his company is not only the best but be so dominant that nobody even tries to compete.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
😎

A bit about PLTR. Do some research. They are changing how war is fought. They save Airbus millions, the increase healthcare efficiencies. They are able to do amazing things in many different areas. Also they have 2 billion of cash and the guy who started pay pal helped start Palantir. The CEO wants nothing more than to prove his shit don’t stink and his company is not only the best but be so dominant that nobody even tries to compete.
The Terminator is going to come back for them. :)

I just invested my cash in clean organic locally grown food. Stock Ticker NGBB @angiebaby HA HA Almost done building Angie's massive 4,500 sqft garden.

That stock looks interesting added it to my list. Thanks @C-Ya

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I bought 10shares of Nvidia this morning. I’m up $11. And not selling 😎

It should also be noted that they have no debt.

Like I said in an earlier post, analysts predict PLTR will grow at 27% over the next three years with the potential for much more. That is what we like. Multiple analysts have it growing in this range. This, in itself, is a great return. I would be thrilled for it to only hit the predictions. However, it also has the potential for even greater growth. It is not Nvidia, but it does share some similarities, such as, it’s the same thing they said about Nvidia 11 years ago. There was no AI back then. All we knew is that their chips were needed for future automated cars, and that they expected Nvidia to grow by 27% over the next 3 years. That’s all we knew 11 years ago.

The hardest part for my wife and I is figuring out if we just want to dip our toes, or make a major purchase. We are leaning towards the major.

For the reader, here is what 27% per year growth looks like. Your initial investment basically doubles every 3 years.

Start $100
Year 1 $127
Year 2 $161.29
Year 3 $204.83
Year 4 $260.14
Year 5 $330.38
Year 6 $419.58
Year 7 $532.87
Year 8 $676.75
Year 9 $859.47
Year 10 $1091.53
Year 11 $1386.24

I ended up looking to see what 11 years looked like. So I can compare to NVDA. lol

beerrun

Reaction score

Like I said in an earlier post, analysts predict PLTR will grow at 27% over the next three years with the potential for much more. That is what we like. Multiple analysts have it growing in this range. This, in itself, is a great return. I would be thrilled for it to only hit the predictions. However, it also has the potential for even greater growth. It is not Nvidia, but it does share some similarities, such as, it’s the same thing they said about Nvidia 11 years ago. There was no AI back then. All we knew is that their chips were needed for future automated cars, and that they expected Nvidia to grow by 27% over the next 3 years. That’s all we knew 11 years ago.

The hardest part for my wife and I is figuring out if we just want to dip our toes, or make a major purchase. We are leaning towards the major.

For the reader, here is what 27% per year growth looks like. Your initial investment basically doubles every 3 years.

Start $100
Year 1 $127
Year 2 $161.29
Year 3 $204.83
Year 4 $260.14
Year 5 $330.38
Year 6 $419.58
Year 7 $532.87
Year 8 $676.75
Year 9 $859.47
Year 10 $1091.53
Year 11 $1386.24

I ended up looking to see what 11 years looked like. So I can compare to NVDA. lol
Thanks John we bought a little

PaPaG

Reaction score

Start $100
Year 1 $127
Year 2 $161.29
Year 3 $204.83
Year 4 $260.14
Year 5 $330.38
Year 6 $419.58
Year 7 $532.87
Year 8 $676.75
Year 9 $859.47
Year 10 $1091.53
Year 11 $1386.24

PLTR was one of several of my main day trading stocks, traded thousands and thousands of shares roughly 4 times a week for a year and a half, day or short term trading of PLTR has been very good to us.... :)

RVR_RCN

Reaction score

Start $100
Year 1 $127
Year 2 $161.29
Year 3 $204.83
Year 4 $260.14
Year 5 $330.38
Year 6 $419.58
Year 7 $532.87
Year 8 $676.75
Year 9 $859.47
Year 10 $1091.53
Year 11 $1386.24

Bought 40 shares this morning!

Thanks for the insight.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Uh oh, kiss of death ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 😆😆😆

Screenshot_20240613-102725.png

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Another decent day…….

Do you guys think I will get to 6 million? Lol

I jokingly must admit……… I’ve lost all sense of reality. It feels like a dream. Again, I am just so blown away.

hallett21

Reaction score
Another decent day…….

I jokingly must admit……… I’ve lost all sense of reality. It feels like a dream. Again, I am just so blown away.
Do you really have no exit point in mind? Lol

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Another decent day…….

Yes, $10M probably. Why would it go down this year? They have a backlog of orders over the next number of quarters, only when shipped do they realize the revenue. If anything they will figure out a way to improve production levels and drive even more revenue and profit, stock keeps going up. Any signal that demand is slowing will screw you.

hallett21

Reaction score
Yes, $10M probably. Why would it go down this year? They have a backlog of orders over the next number of quarters, only when shipped do they realize the revenue. If anything they will figure out a way to improve production levels and drive even more revenue and profit, stock keeps going up. Any signal that demand is slowing will screw you.

You’re calling for a 6 trillion ish valuation?

PaPaG

Reaction score
That's the running joke, basically that if you do the opposite of what Cramer says you will make money 🤣🤣🤣

Another decent day…….

I think it may adjust a bit and have a pullback, gonna be some profit takers, then possibly shoot up again but this is ONLY your decision to make, do not be swayed by the extra possible profit, in the same sense if you feel there is still room to increase stick with it...again ALL UP TO YOU because YOU have made the right choices so far and ONLY YOU will end up making more $$ or losing some of amazing gains you made so far. Now the adventurist side in me says HELL YEAH I HOPE YOU HIT 6 MILLION... :)

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
One last thing………

I have “Limit Orders” on my Nvidia portfolio. This will automatically sell the stock if it lowers to a predetermined threshold.

This is how I hedge my bet and retain a huge value in my portfolio, even if it crashes.

A Limit Order limits your losses if the stock crashes. It does have some risk. Especially for volatile stocks.

DUN

Reaction score
I threw in a very small amount way late in the game(about 3 weeks ago) and have already made huge gains. Pretty unreal. Just hope it continues!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I'm hearing due to the rebalancing of S&P index, NVDA could hit $145-$150 on Friday. This is just something I'm reading from other traders so take it with a grain of salt.
WOW……..

At $150 per share………. I turn into Steve Austin

(you younger members will need some 70’s TV trivia knowledge to get the above joke.)

702sandman

Reaction score
WOW……..

At $150 per share………. I turn into Steve Austin

(you younger members will need some 70’s TV trivia knowledge to get the above joke.)
I’ve put a few bucks now into NVDA I was curious as a newb in stocks what does the after hours trading numbers mean ? I want to buy more today so i see the close price than the after hours price not sure what the difference is and can I buy at the close price today ?

cofooter

Reaction score
I’ve put a few bucks now into NVDA I was curious as a newb in stocks what does the after hours trading numbers mean ? I want to buy more today so i see the close price than the after hours price not sure what the difference is and can I buy at the close price today ?
After close you can only buy at what the "open" price is tomorrow I believe..... if you put in a Buy order now.