WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FUCK CHP!!

jake

Banned
Reaction score
:confused:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the CHP recruting website:

Cadet - $4,274 - $5,361
Cadets earn a monthly salary while attending the CHP Academy. in addition, cadets receive free room and board. Effective the first month following their Academy reporting date, cadets receive full health and dental benefits for themselves and their dependents. Cadets also earn an additional seven hours of mandatory overtime per month.

Officer - $5,537 - 6,732

Upon graduation from the CHP Academy cadets are promoted to the position of officer. Annually, an officer's base pay is $65,185. 5.0% increases occur yearly until the top step base salary of $79, 248 is reached.
Note: - These salaries do not include pay incentives or overtime compensation.

Pre-and Post-Shift Work Activities Pay Differential Officers receive a stipend equal to 3.5% of their base pay to compensate for pre-and post-shift activities.

In addition, all officers earn the following pay incentives:

Physical performance Pay (PPP) $65.00 per month; after the fifth year, $130.00 a month.

Lunch Pay Officer's are paid an additional 6.25% of their base salary, or approximately $4,953 annually at the top step.

Uniform Allowance
Officer's are entitled to an annual uniform allowance of $920. Cadets are loaned the funds to purchase their first set of uniforms. This interest free loan will be repaid over the first 12 months of their career.

Specialty Pay

Bilingual Pay $100 per month for certified bilingual speaking officers who are assigned to a bilingual position.

Canine Pay $156 per month for officers who are canine handlers.

Educational Incentive Pay 2.5% of their base pay of officers who possess an intermediate Peace officer Standards and training (POST ) Certificate of Associate of Arts/Science degree or 5% of their base pay for officers who possess an Advanced POST Certificate or Bachelor of Arts/Science degree.

Field Training Officer (FTO) Pay Field Training Officers earn an additional 5% of their daily base pay each day they serve as an FTO.

Investigator Pay $50 per month for officers assigned as full-time Vehicle Theft or Fraud Investigators.

Motorcycle Officer Pay 4% of base pay for motorcycle enforcement duty.

Flight Officer Pay Annual salaries for officers who fly in either airplanes or helicopters, at top step: Pilot - $92,592 Flight Observer - $82,812

Shift Differential Swing Shift adds an additional $0.80 per hour per shift, which averages $1,650 annually. For graveyard shift, add an additional $1.30 per hour per shift, averaging $2,650 annually.

Senior Officer Pay
Officers also earn a monthly pay differential based on the years they have worked. Add an additional:

2% after 18 years 5% after 21 years
3% after 19 years 6% after 22 years
4% after 20 years 8% after 25 years

Example of potential CHP Officer Salaries

First Year

After Fifth Year
Base pay
$65,184
$79,248
PPP Pay
8-1/2 Hour Day
Swing Shift Differential
Pre & Post
Subtotal
$73,969.44
$90,184.68
Average Overtime
Subtotal
$83,969.44
$105,184.68
Education Incentive (BA) (5 % of base)
Total:
$87,228.64
$109,147.08

Not to mention all the discounts they get at most restaurants, etc, for paid lunch time. Not to bad to drive around all day long?:cool:

but they risk their life every day, just ask em! what a joke. if you can't stand the heat, don't become a cook

WTDecker

Reaction score
Havasu Rehab, you and I think alike.

How hard is it to just go by the rules, and if you get caught bending them a little, just being a man and accepting the fact that you got caught?

Suck it up dude and quit complaining.

X2!!:thumbsup It's all about me,,,,screw everything and everyone.

ROZ

Reaction score
Sent using yaba daba Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316881337266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316881337266.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 253

dschifan

Reaction score
dude are you serious? relating illegal aliens to this shit in equal to breaking the law. your are a bigger dumb fuck then some of the other guys in this thread. Its all people like you that think all this stupid fix it tickets are ok, its just another step to taking away our freedoms and making money off of us. Pretty soon your not going to be able to do shit in this country and i'm just glad i got enought guns and ammo to hold down my fort when shit hits the fan. wake the fuck up america!

That's funny, I didn't get that at all from his post. I understood it as the broad sense of entitlement and the decline of our society.

What's the difference between his vehicle safety infractions and an illegal alien raping the system? Both think the laws they break are bs because they feel equally entitled.
Moral decline, I tell ya!

:)

Sent using yaba daba Tapatalk

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Sounds to me that you're well aware of the law. So instead of ignoring them why don't you follow them so you don't have to deal with these "BS violations"?

your a JACK ASS and your windows are not tinted?????:swear May be you should go back to not being a DICK REHAB :champagne: People like you piss me off...oh your from havasu:skull Now i'll finish the thread.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
your a JACK ASS and your windows are not tinted?????:swear May be you should go back to not being a DICK REHAB :champagne: People like you piss me off...oh your from havasu:skull Now i'll finish the thread.

You're missing the point here. I have not given my opinion about the laws anywhere in this thread. All I'm simply saying is If you do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine. He knew what he was doing when he made the modifications, yet he blamed CHP when he got caught. It's about accountability.

Its called reading comprehension;)

On a side note, if you own the business in your sig line it's probably not in your best interest to represent it by degrading potential customers. I want to get this economy going and I'd hate to see a small business fail because of your mouth.:cool:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I've been stopped so often in our Corvette,, the LEO's all wave now,, and have stopped stopping me.

bunkrepair

Reaction score
You ready for a fuck a DPS story??

The shop here in havasu that tinted my windows is owned by a DPS officer

He asked me how dark and I said as dark as possible and he told me he could go a certain point but most people go darker and so on and I finally decide on double limo on the rear windows and back window and windshield visor and 15% and single limo on the front and he told me since it was illegal tint I couldn't have a receipt whatever no big deal (so I couldn't take him to court when he gave me a ticket for it, didnt know that's why I wasn't getting a receipt)

Well about 3 months later I get pulled over by this pos for window Tint and no mud flaps so I get the ticket takin Care of by a friend who is one who protects and serves not collect revenue

I have a window that's pealing up a little and I go back to the shop an they refuse to fix it because I don't have a receipt and I asked for the owner and here comes the cop who sold me the tint and pulled me over for it needless to say that pos has lost 20 tint jobs because of it,

I know my windows are illegal but I find this extremely low

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
You're missing the point here. I have not given my opinion about the laws anywhere in this thread. All I'm simply saying is If you do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine. He knew what he was doing when he made the modifications, yet he blamed CHP when he got caught. It's about accountability .:cool:

How about writing real tickets or maybe stoping for someone that is broke down on the freeway seeing if they need help and not just drive by like you didn't see them:cool:

Last edited:

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
How about writing real tickets or maybe stop for someone that is broke down on the freeway seeing if they need help and not just drive by like you didn't see them:cool:

Haaaaa! This thread is comedy. See post 25.

It seems like you've had a personal experience where you (or somebody you know) has broken down and saw a CHP officer pass you by. I'm sorry for the inconvienece that may have caused you. Perhaps he was ignoring you like you said? Or perhaps he was responding to a call where a "real crime" was committed? Not all Officers respond with lights/sirens to every call. Or perhaps he didn't see you? Who knows???

Out of curiosity, what is a "real ticket"?

STEPPCHILD

Reaction score
...this thread is waste of perfectly good vowels and consonants...and UD deserves to die for wasting 15 minutes of my time reading this baloney...:rolleyes:

...Tank is right on...:cool:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Do to the fact most are never unassuming enough to even attempt to consider any opinions that don't agree with their own, I don't usually weigh in on these types of threads. I also really don't like to point out someone's shortcomings but feel this thread is so pathetic that it requires a response. This thread epitomizes one of the major problems with this country as of late: You (Ultra Dennis) show that you are highly entitled ("it's my truck, I'll do what I want") and you have absolutely no accountability (CHP suck for writing me a ticket for something I did wrong and know is illegal).

I realize there are many others in this world that share your skewed vision but it is a bit shocking to see so many actually agree with your asinine complaint and statements on this board.

CHP is in place to specifically enforce the vehicle code. That's their job - to write tickets...To ensure the motorists on the road abide by the many traffic laws, which include mechanical violations.

Agree or dis-agree, view them as helping make the roadways safer or just helping line the coffers of the government, they are there, like it or not. I assume you know that smoked tail lights, tinted windows and no front lic. plate are illegal. Yet you believe that you need not follow those rules, as I assume there are plenty of other rules and laws you feel don't apply to you as well.

You knowingly had mechanical violations. You rolled the dice - like everyone else that purposely has mechanical violations does - But rather than man up and either fix the problem or just pay the ticket, you (like a small child) chose to blame the entity charged with enforcing these laws.

Your actions are absolutely no different than Stella Liebeck (the lady that sued Mc Donald's for millions and won; stating their coffee burned her after she spilled it on herself.

Hate the cops, love the cops...whatever. Opinions are like azzholes and theres both sides to this coin and everyone is entitled to their shitty opinion (even me). Many people hate the cops for various reasons but before you get on your soap box and start to rant about the injustices you've suffered under the oppression of the CHP, at the very least PLEASE have a Legitimate reason other than them doing their job! :rolleyes:

I am guilty of tinted windows and no front plate... have I been stopped?, yes. have I gotten a ticket for the violation?, yes. Do I still have tinted windows and no front plate?, yes. I guess I am willing to pay the price again if stopped and cited. But you wont hear me bash the chp for it!

IMO, just like the LEO's on the lake they are just watching and waiting for something or someone to make a stupid mistake, it sometimes leads to a dui/oui or warrant. Now, I am sure you would agree to keep that in check!

IMO, I am thinking you may have rolled a stop sign/signal light or were speeding that may have caught his attention in the first place and he didnt cite you for that, but to make things easy on ya he wrote a few things that give you the chance to correct em and it doesnt effect your driving record, maybe you were luckier than you thought.

Maybe you should think about saying "thank you" to the officer that cited you for keeping you safe on the road, afterall - those taillights are dark and someone could have run into you and filed a lawsuit up your ass for killing thier kid in the front seat of thier car as it went under your rear bumper, all because they couldnt see your 'smoked" brakelights.

Just sayin... sorry you had a bad day!
:D

Last edited:

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Other than the "looks" factor, why wouldn't you put your front license plate on your vehicle?

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Other than the "looks" factor, why wouldn't you put your front license plate on your vehicle?

In California - I know in AZ they don't even give you one.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

It seems like you've had a personal experience where you (or somebody you know) has broken down and saw a CHP officer pass you by. I'm sorry for the inconvienece that may have caused you. Perhaps he was ignoring you like you said? Or perhaps he was responding to a call where a "real crime" was committed? Not all Officers respond with lights/sirens to every call. Or perhaps he didn't see you? Who knows???

Sorry... no personal experience by me or a friend or family I call it like I see it. I'm on freeway 5 days a week....REAL TICKET is moving VIOLATION someone doing something WRONG earn your MONEY,,,THAT'S A REAL TICKET...Now you know:p

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
That is true. I was just at Rancho Cucamonga office this week. Just about half of the personal vehicles behind the gates had tint. Young new officer could stay busy without even leaving the station. lol..

I call BS on this one. Ive got 2 neighbors that are in the Rancho office, and one in the San Bernardino office. Not one of them has tint on their cars. Never been to the SB station, but have been into the Rancho many times, and have walked around the backlot, and 99% of the cars comply (to window tint and front plates, now there are some lifted trucks, some mod exhaust, no mud flaps, etc). It was that way when I was at Fontana too. They were required to have no tint, and have front plates. Same thing there, some of the guys had lifted trucks, exhaust, etc.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

My wife's car didn't come with one from the dealer and the car was new.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
My wife's car didn't come with one from the dealer and the car was new.

Bought a brand new audi and it had no plate mount as well.Lightly tinted windows,no tickets in 4yrs? :champagne:

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score
Sorry... no personal experience by me or a friend or family I call it like I see it. I'm on freeway 5 days a week....REAL TICKET is moving VIOLATION someone doing something WRONG earn your MONEY,,,THAT'S A REAL TICKET...Now you know:p

So in your opinion illegal taillights covered with smoke tint, making them far less visible, should be ignored, as in "not a real ticket"? :thumbsdown

How about tinted front windshields, or limo tinted front side glass? Not real tickets?

IMO, vehicles with unsafe mods deserve to be cited, ie "real tickets"

Last edited:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Wait 'til somebody asks if CHP has a union and if there retirement plan is running low needing taxpyer help.

If CA gets a blizzard and everybody gets snowed in by Thanksgiving like Brown, this place is gonna blow the roof off......:skull

:thumbsup

Our state and others are broke therefore bs tickets are up! I am going to go in the shop and tint my tint darker maybe we can get a freeway that does not make me hit the headliner. Lol

Yes I agree we have some of the shittiest highways.

This thread reminds of another from a few years ago where a member was bitching about getting cited for parking is a handicapped spot at 7-11.

10 pages and counting :D

That was my thread. But I assume you already knew that.

First off, I clearly deserved that ticket.

Second, You have been told by mods, as have I to not fuck with each other anymore...You know, because all the complaint PMs the mods where receiving from you about me and other board members hurting your feelings.

John we have had over a year of peace and if you now want to re-enter the thunderdome, Im ready!:D

This thread may be 10 pages but it is stupid. ultraDennis, you have an attitude and it is more than a fix it ticket. Ranting and raving like a bi@tch about Cops and CHP. Suck it up Home Boy, pay the fine and go find something productive to do. :blah:

I took a shit, made some coffee and did some yard work today.

La Verne will ticket anyone for anything, and Claremont is just as bad, especially, for no front plates. Any violation La Verne can see or find to pull you over (especially on White Ave), they will, just to see if they can find you in violation of something more significant.

Claremont is 100x worse than La Verne.

Huntington Beach is the worst I have ever dealt with. Only been pulled once in over 15 years and it was 20 minutes after I pulled into H.B. Stereo too loud! :skull After a 14 hour drive I still couldn't stop laughing at the cop. Like being 18 in my buddies mini truck all over again.

Agreed, when I used to live their they would hassle me about everything. A few months ago I was leaving the beach in the morning after surfing and HBPD pulled me over. The cop said next time I see your truck around here your getting an easy 5+ fix it tickets. He was cool and let me go though. I think city cops are much better and I actually have respect for them unlike CHP.

but they risk their life every day, just ask em! what a joke. if you can't stand the heat, don't become a cook

Yea they risk their lives pulling people over. Give me a fucking break. Thats like saying I risk my life every time I leave my home because I can be car-jacked and robbed at gun point. Their job isn't as serious as they or you like to imagine. They don't even do real police work.

On a side note, if you own the business in your sig line it's probably not in your best interest to represent it by degrading potential customers. I want to get this economy going and I'd hate to see a small business fail because of your mouth.:cool:

I'm a salesperson for a company, and I own a LLC that I have no need to advertise. Regardless, I'm curious, to what is in my sigline? Last I checked there's nothing.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
You ready for a fuck a DPS story??

The shop here in havasu that tinted my windows is owned by a DPS officer

He asked me how dark and I said as dark as possible and he told me he could go a certain point but most people go darker and so on and I finally decide on double limo on the rear windows and back window and windshield visor and 15% and single limo on the front and he told me since it was illegal tint I couldn't have a receipt whatever no big deal (so I couldn't take him to court when he gave me a ticket for it, didnt know that's why I wasn't getting a receipt)

Well about 3 months later I get pulled over by this pos for window Tint and no mud flaps so I get the ticket takin Care of by a friend who is one who protects and serves not collect revenue

I have a window that's pealing up a little and I go back to the shop an they refuse to fix it because I don't have a receipt and I asked for the owner and here comes the cop who sold me the tint and pulled me over for it needless to say that pos has lost 20 tint jobs because of it,

I know my windows are illegal but I find this extremely low

What a fucking asshole!

How about writing real tickets or maybe stoping for someone that is broke down on the freeway seeing if they need help and not just drive by like you didn't see them:cool:

Word! :thumbsup

Real Crime? They are not police officers! Is your daddy a CHP or something, because your really a nutswinger for them.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
So in your opinion illegal taillights covered with smoke tint, making them far less visible, should be ignored, as in "not a real ticket"? :thumbsdown

How about tinted front windshields, or limo tinted front side glass? Not real tickets?

unsafe mods yes, moving violation yes, tinted taillights and you can clearly see brake, running lights. REALLY:rolleyes:
There's enought people doing things WRONG i.e. moving violation. earn your money. This is not CalTrans:cool: Get it:hmm

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

Really John? Feeling a little hypocritical again today?

06-04-2009 01:03 PM
I did the LED Tails on my TBSS with a smoke film, similar to "Clear Guard". Worked well.

06-04-2009 01:44 PM
Dennis,

I think the raw material to do both tail was about $75. They came out nice and the film could be removed without damaging the lens. Took me a couple or three hours

I could also post the comments where you even complimented on the looks of my smoked tail lights, but why bother. Everyone here knows your a lying little fag anyways. :cool:

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Claremont and Upland I think are the worst,I just cruize in town.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

I could also post the comments where you even complimented on the looks of my smoked tail lights, but why bother. Everyone here knows your a lying little fag anyways. :cool:

LOL .......just like the call out thread:D that took a left turn:hmm

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score
unsafe mods yes, moving violation yes, tinted taillights and you can clearly see brake, running lights. REALLY:rolleyes:
There's enought people doing things WRONG i.e. moving violation. earn your money. This is not CalTrans:cool: Get it:hmm

What I get is the duty of the CHP is to enforce violations of CVC, whether I agree with the CVC pr not.

BTW, as someone else pointed out, tint your taillights and see how much comparison negligence is assigned to the vehicle with tinted tails, after being rear ended. Little difference between that and no brake lights at all, thus the law against smoked lights of any kind.

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score

Had I been cited for my tails I assure you I wouldn't have come on here to whine about it.

Not that it matters my my LED brake lights were blinding with the clear lenses. Also not legal.

Funny that the usual name calling from young and dumb remains.

Grow up Dennis

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
What I get is the duty of the CHP is to enforce violations of CVC, whether I agree with the CVC pr not.

BTW, as someone else pointed out, tint your taillights and see how much comparison negligence is assigned to the vehicle with tinted tails, after being rear ended. Little difference between that and no brake lights at all, thus the law against smoked lights of any kind.

This isn't entirely true. My buddy has a completely murdered out Tahoe. He was rear ended a year ago and he was still found not at fault.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

I don't have tinted taillights but if you can CLEARLY SEE THE RUNNING, BRAKE LIGHT why ticket? earn your MONEY and make a difference not some BS ticket.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Had I been cited for my tails I assure you I wouldn't have come on here to whine about it.

Not that it matters my my LED brake lights were blinding with the clear lenses. Also not legal.

Funny that the usual name calling from young and dumb remains.

Grow up Dennis

Hey typical of you to not be able to leave me alone and chime you un-needed or unasked for opinions. I'm gonna end this with you John because its going to end like it always does. Next your going to accuse me of having a larger carbon foot print than yours and them you'll either flood my pm box, or the moderators pm boxes full of complaints about me.

If you don't remember, you where told by mods to ignore me, as I was asked to do with you, and up until this point I have, but you just can't quit. I understand your a very miserable person who thrives on internet drama to fulfill your meaningless life. So go bother someone else.

Last edited:

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
IMHO-CHP are the black sheep of LEOs. The agency is not respected by Cops or Firefighters that do risk life. CHP doesn't provide medical aid, they call FD and become no more than crossing gaurds at Highway accidents. I agree that the enforcement of Traffic Laws is required to keep the public safe, the question is when does Mods/ no front plate/ Tint become an issue of public safety? These codes should be reviewed, the cost to ticket and litigate is not needed in a system that is so overloaded it can't protect the real public safety.

On the other hand pay the ticket or fight it. CHP ticketing on city steet seems IMO a juristiction issue that you may want to explore.

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score
Hey typical of you to not be able to leave me alone and chime you un-needed or unasked for opinions. I'm gonna end this with you John because its going to end like it always does. Next your going to accuse me of having a larger carbon foot print than yours and them you'll either flood my pm box, or the moderators pm boxes full of complaints about me.

Other than my first post in this thread (a joke) and the one where I quoted you, my comments haven't been directed at you.

Your truck looked good with smoked tails, as did my TBSS. Still wasn't legal.

Seriously Dennis, you should really back off with the silliness. It's not helping the image of the new and improved UD.

Flood your message box??? WTF????

Seems I recall a recent friend request from you Dennis? I accepted

Last edited:

dread Pirate

Reaction score
This isn't entirely true. My buddy has a completely murdered out Tahoe. He was rear ended a year ago and he was still found not at fault.

He got lucky. If the other persons insurance found out it would have been a different story. I know of a few that got screwed by this where their insurance refused to pay out as they had installed "unsafe equipment" on their car possibly causing the accident. Two people were rear ended by scammers who saw the opportunity and one lost his house. Granted this was years back, but not much has changed.

Dettom

Reaction score
So I got pulled over by CHP on a city street in La Verne for No front plate, tinted windows and smoked tail lights. I don't want to fix my windows. However I'll go put the front plate and stock lights on for a day to get signed off. How much am I looking to pay?

sincerely,
Another pissed off Californian.
Wow..do we really need 14 plus pages of posts to decide that he's unhappy about getting a fixit ticket for issues he clearly knew were violations. Somehow I find it difficult to believe that he didn't know he was running the risk of getting cited eventually.. He rolled the dice people. So lets all collectively blame (insert agency) for whatever ticket he got. Jeezuz...

milkmoney

Reaction score
i have one ? why do alot of folks, dont put their front plate on...i purchased two plates and by god i am going to use them..:D

Joe mama

Reaction score
think of how much money the state could save if they didn't have to provide materials for the front license plate!

I tried to explain to a cop once when he was writing me up for tinted windows and front plate that his mother must be proud. He wasn't amuzed. Threw the ticket at me! The nerve!

Great point

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
:
Yea they risk their lives pulling people over. Give me a fucking break. Thats like saying I risk my life every time I leave my home because I can be car-jacked and robbed at gun point. Their job isn't as serious as they or you like to imagine. They don't even do real police work.

I'm a salesperson for a company, and I own a LLC that I have no need to advertise. Regardless, I'm curious, to what is in my sigline? Last I checked there's nothing.
You're right UD. Being a LEO is not as serious as you think. Doing traffic stops on a car full of armed convicted felons in a stolen vehicle is just as dangerous as you fixing a paper jam at your LLC. Those paper cuts can get a nasty infection.

Even though CHP primarily handles traffic issues they are still peace officers and are still sworn to uphold the law. Even though the majority of traffic stops are routine there are those instances where things get very hairy. It does actually happen more than you think. Whether you choose to believe it or not.

I was referring to wmc regarding the sig line comment. Relax buddy, not everything is about you.

Tank

Reaction score
Dude, you can't even fucking spell...and the old woman who was burned by coffee that you brought up earlier? Have you ever looked into that case? :rolleyes:

from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.[5] McDonald's quality control manager, Christopher Appleton, testified that this number of injuries was insufficient to cause the company to evaluate its practices.Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants

Ummm, I'm not debating the fact I'm a horrible speller :D but when you point that out maybe you should use a quote that actually has a spelling error in it. And your actually defending most likely the number one examples used in the U.S. when speaking of frivolous lawsuits? No wonder you defend this position. You are a prime example of the type of person I spoke about in my first post. So blinded by your own agenda against LEO that you can't even admit this thread (specifically this complaint) is fucking lame. After seeing your many posts on the subject, I should expect no less. But hey, like I said, you're entitled to your opinion...even if you have to attempt to deflect from the topic at hand in an attempt to down play mine. :hmm

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
i have one ? why do alot of folks, dont put their front plate on...i purchased two plates and by god i am going to use them..:D

Sometimes when you buy a used car the front plate is missing. I don't see a genuine need for them and their ugly so that's why I go without. I've been ticketed twice, once while cruising back in my younger days and another while parked at the airport :thumbsdown...

Some laws have merit some don't. I tend to push it sometimes with those that don't.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I get that you want to set your truck out from the rest and it's getting the "wrong" kind of attention. So as someone who's been down this road and fought against some of these laws back in the 80's may I offer some advice.

This being your daily driver and not a show car, so keep it as such. You run the risk of being pulled at anytime and it will piss you off and ruin your day. Is it really worth it? That's what you really have to ask yourself.

So, some things to consider,,

Get some cool after market tail lights that have a DOT stamp on them. Some have black backgrounds or whatever you are into.

Put the front plate on and get some cool bolts and a license plate frame. Something that reads "I ate a Prius" or whatever. Possibilities are endless! If you get pulled again the cop might laugh,, or how about "Front Plate Laws Suck!" Be creative with it.

Living in the high desert I can understand the window tint completely. No argument at all. Maybe a lighter shade tint would be a good idea? Being a state law you would have a hard time rallying to change it.

Life has enough bullshit to deal with. Choose your battles. Modify the toys and keep the driver a driver that still looks cool.
;)

Last edited:

ROZ

Reaction score
dude are you serious? relating illegal aliens to this shit in equal to breaking the law. your are a bigger dumb fuck then some of the other guys in this thread. Its all people like you that think all this stupid fix it tickets are ok, its just another step to taking away our freedoms and making money off of us. Pretty soon your not going to be able to do shit in this country and i'm just glad i got enought guns and ammo to hold down my fort when shit hits the fan. wake the fuck up america!

Simple minded one, You are obviously too close to the trees to see the forest.

The point of my statement is entitlement. No more, no less. I chose an extreme example, and you choose to run after the example vs have the ability to depict the meaning of my statement. ENTITLEMENT.

You manage to go from FIX IT ticket to holding down the fort with an arsenal. wow... Slippery slope ha ha ha..

Breaking the law is breaking the law. As lame a law they are, they've been on the books as long as I can remember. If you are willing to break a law, be prepared to pay. end of story. If you want to protest, do what you can to get it off the books through legal means.

I am as far right as they get. Hell, you don't even have enough respect to capitalize America.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
He got lucky. If the other persons insurance found out it would have been a different story. I know of a few that got screwed by this where their insurance refused to pay out as they had installed "unsafe equipment" on their car possibly causing the accident. Two people were rear ended by scammers who saw the opportunity and one lost his house. Granted this was years back, but not much has changed.

Yea that sucks. I installed one of those RECON LED light bars underneath my tailgate that helps improve visibility(that one light was brighter than all three of my stock lights) and worked as a signal, running, hazard and brake light. After about a year I got tired of it and removed it(Im giving it away for free actually to anyone who wants it). I've been thinking about removing my smoked tail lights for a set of the RECON D.O.T. approved smoked LED set. I may even do this before my court date.

funkcity

Reaction score
The meter maids also give no front plate tix in Los Angeles.

I know I got one AND a parking ticket at the same time...The plate ticket was more than 25 dollars...Huge money grab.

Meter maids all trying to keep their jobs, will get you within 5 minutes of your parking meter expiration!

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score
Yea that sucks. I installed one of those RECON LED light bars underneath my tailgate that helps improve visibility(that one light was brighter than all three of my stock lights) and worked as a signal, running, hazard and brake light. After about a year I got tired of it and removed it(Im giving it away for free actually to anyone who wants it). I've been thinking about removing my smoked tail lights for a set of the RECON D.O.T. approved smoked LED set. I may even do this before my court date.

I have one of the LED light bars and clear lens LED tails, that I built, on the Lightning. I'm a big fan of LED's.

Peace ;)

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
BNAG. :D

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score

You're right Rich. :p I like the look of smoked tails. I commented that Dennis's smoked tails looked good. I smoked the clear lenses on a pair of A/M led tails on my TBSS. Legal???? Nope. Factory tails smoked safe??? Probably not. Did I get popped and post "Fuck CHP" on RDP? Nope.

BNAG!!

BTW, how did it go with you boss yesterday???

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Not to threadcap but the boss has been nice to me. I guess he realizes he cant compete with my new jobs offer and is leaving me alone.

You're right Rich. :p I like the look of smoked tails. I commented that Dennis's smoked tails looked good. I smoked the clear lenses on a pair of A/M led tails on my TBSS. Legal???? Nope. Factory tails smoked safe??? Probably not. Did I get popped and post "Fuck CHP" on RDP? Nope.

BNAG!!

BTW, how did it go with you boss yesterday???