WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

charlyox

Reaction score
Whenever we drive to havasu, cha bones is a must. Maybe since we can't get a good steak in bullhead.

Try the Mohave Steakhouse. It is near the high school on 95. Great steaks and ribs.

SPL2K

Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup Chico's Tacos
:thumbsup:thumbsup Black Bear
:thumbsup Montana Steakhouse
:thumbsup Casa Fernandez
:thumbsup Plaza Bonita
:thumbsup Jaspers Smokehouse

:thumbsdown:thumbsdown Waldo's BBQ
:thumbsdown:thumbsdown Bad Miguels
:thumbsdown Casa Serrano
:thumbsdown BBQ Bills

fmo24

Reaction score
Black Bears Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs is the best:thumbsup

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Saltgrass is just fine for Laughlin, a step above Outback IMO, I like their salad dressings and their dirty rice(I think that's what they call it). The Gourmet Room, LMAO, I asked the waiter if their meat was Prime considering the prices, his response, "Choice is better than Prime" Walked out chuckling.
Ummmm let's see

Inspected
Select
Choice
Prime

Nope Prime is the the topper.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
1879d4d4-9d85-ff47.jpg

1879d4d4-9dbc-2884.jpg

Picture of Pastrami sandwhich "panini" style. (yummy)
Which brings us to the next little restaurant.. Conveniently located a block or two from Casa RD is an old gas station converted to Hot Dog / Sandwich shop inappropriately named "Yogurt Time." They do have Frozen yogurt along the wall, but I'd wager they are selling 10 times the amount of hot dogs and sandwiches.

Their Hotdogs are the cats ass.. These things are so good one could even suggest them for breakfast. Their sandwiches are quality and I haven't had one I didn't like yet.

The downside, they are really new and invariably your order is gonna get fucked up. Order a chili dog and get a chicago, order an Italian and get a pastrami kinda shit.. LOL To be honest though I think it adds a little charm and "adventure" to the experience, and usually the substitute sandwich / hotdog looks more appealing then what I ordered anyways. :D

Last time I was there the owner gave me a free sandwhich card because my wifes sandwhich was a few minutes after mine. Really nice people, and I would definitely recommend giving the place a shot.

RD <--- going down to cash in his free sandwich right now actually.

sirbob

Reaction score
I'm a pretty simply guy...

during the day - Red Onion
at night - Cha Bones

Joker

Reaction score
Try the Mohave Steakhouse. It is near the high school on 95. Great steaks and ribs.

Tried it and hated it. Also tried samurai.:thumbsdown
I guess we can let havasu have the better food but we got the better lake.;)

Scott E

Reaction score
Picture of Pastrami sandwhich "panini" style. (yummy)
Which brings us to the next little restaurant.. Conveniently located a block or two from Casa RD is an old gas station converted to Hot Dog / Sandwich shop inappropriately named "Yogurt Time." They do have Frozen yogurt along the wall, but I'd wager they are selling 10 times the amount of hot dogs and sandwiches.

Their Hotdogs are the cats ass.. These things are so good one could even suggest them for breakfast. Their sandwiches are quality and I haven't had one I didn't like yet.

The downside, they are really new and invariably your order is gonna get fucked up. Order a chili dog and get a chicago, order an Italian and get a pastrami kinda shit.. LOL To be honest though I think it adds a little charm and "adventure" to the experience, and usually the substitute sandwich / hotdog looks more appealing then what I ordered anyways. :D

Last time I was there the owner gave me a free sandwhich card because my wifes sandwhich was a few minutes after mine. Really nice people, and I would definitely recommend giving the place a shot.

RD <--- going down to cash in his free sandwich right now actually.

So that place finally opened up. Still weird as it was a gas station like 3 years ago...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Juicy's in Needles use to be good until I figured out why they call it Juicy's, instant "BUTT SOUP"!!

Saltgrass is just fine for Laughlin, a step above Outback IMO, I like their salad dressings and their dirty rice(I think that's what they call it). The Gourmet Room, LMAO, I asked the waiter if their meat was Prime considering the prices, his response, "Choice is better than Prime" Walked out chuckling.

Well i eat for free in there...lol. Honestly i usually order something besides a steak in there anyhow. The lobster bisque is very good. Never had a bad meal in the Gourmet Room and my prices are perfect ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Dave, I think you're gonna have to start over and lock the thread since this one went from being "Dave's Opinions" to everyone else's opinions:D:D:D

2Driver

Reaction score
I set my expectaions to "River" and enjoy pretty much everything except RR's morning Joe.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Todays lunch was at Casa Fernandez by everyone's recommendation. Took Aaron from Absolute to lunch and had a Taco and 2 cheese enchiladas.

I'll give it a one thumbs up. The taco was excellent, almost reminiscent of san diego quality. The enchiladas were good, but not the best I've ever had.

The waitress was friendly and on time.. :) Overall food was good and I paid what I would expect to pay in San Diego. 27 bucks plus a 7 dollar tip for 34.00.

Good food, but a little pricey for what it is I thought.
The taco was eaten by the time the pic was taken.. It arrived on a separate plate.
1879d4d4-f2ed-6e4b.jpg

RD

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Talk Aaron into giving me the winter discount once my snowbirds are out. LOL. Oh well. Either way only he touches my boat.
Todays lunch was at Casa Fernandez by everyone's recommendation. Took Aaron from Absolute to lunch and had a Taco and 2 cheese enchiladas.

I'll give it a one thumbs up. The taco was excellent, almost reminiscent of san diego quality. The enchiladas were good, but not the best I've ever had.

The waitress was friendly and on time.. :) Overall food was good and I paid what I would expect to pay in San Diego. 27 bucks plus a 7 dollar tip for 34.00.

The taco was eaten by the time the pic was taken.. It arrived on a separate plate.
1879d4d4-f2ed-6e4b.jpg

RD

Joker

Reaction score

1879d4d4-f2ed-6e4b.jpg

RD

Holy jesus, your shits have to look worse than the guy from " Man vs Food".

BTW, I've never see them, but can only imagine the double flushes.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
If Dave keeps eating like this he's going to be tell us what Jenny Craigs food is like because he'll be needing a diet.:D

Pushnwood

Reaction score
Red Onion for breakfast bloody marys with the black and bleu burger. (Thanks Brian!)

Chico's is pretty good Mexican food for lunch

Bone-in New York steak from Safeway in my backyard for dinnner!

I might have to go get one of those bloody mary's this weekend!:champagne:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Ok here's goes, I know what I like and I don't give a shit what you like. So Eat It! An other Useless Thread Rd Thread,,,,:D Damn another Cali Gay Thread:thumbsdown Yeah I started drinkin at 11 am.,,,,,,,,,,,In the Channel

We should make you a trophy for being so awesome:thumbsup

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
We should make you a trophy for being so awesome:thumbsup

I know a guy that can machine up a bitchin billet one in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At cads Serrano right now.. Happy hour with .95 cent drafts! No bll on tap which I've already expressed my concerns over.. 1/2 off appetizers. I ordered the carbs nachos.

They brought out two salsas and some retried beans. Beans are good but spicy as shit! Beer is cold cold.. Update with nachos in a few

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329182244.530108.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329182244.530108.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 420

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Flippin awesome for 4.00 bucks.. Ordered a side of enchilada sauce and dumped it on there.. Love the cheap eats in Havasu..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329182705.206478.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329182705.206478.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 408

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
That's my least favorite Mexican restaurant in Havasu, but you can't argue that it's a good deal.

JBS

Reaction score
That's my least favorite Mexican restaurant in Havasu, but you can't argue that it's a good deal.

X2 Been a couple of times. It never seems to quite click for one reason or another

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The carne nachos were pretty good.. The 4 drafts might have helped that.. But ate and drank and am merry for under ten bucks? Two thumbs up.. Lol

Plus the bartender Brian is pretty cool.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329184758.478808.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329184758.478808.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 374

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The carne nachos were pretty good.. The 4 drafts might have helped that.. But ate and drank and am merry for under ten bucks? Two thumbs up.. Lol

Plus the bartender Brian is pretty cool.

The bill only says 3 drafts. You get a freebie for the advertisement. :D

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Something tells me it's more about quantity then quality. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ur life doesn't suck...

:cool:

Well it's not that I'm worried about cracking my head open on the golden sink Roy.. Lol. 4.00 nachos and .95 cent drafts aren't exactly lobster tails and filet mignon over here.. Lol

Hope things are going good for ya, been awhile sense we heard from u.

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Went there one time and ordered. Huge portions I was happy and we all ate well. Then we saw bugs on the floor and the kitchen wall...
When we pointed this out what we called cockroaches they explained as local beetles that are EVERY WHERE? Never seen them before except there...

Three hours later my wife, son and I are fighting over the two bathrooms in our house. Thank god were weren't on the boat!

My neighbor works for the sewer department and has not had a meal there in 10 years. Regular sewer backups in the place.

Maybe it is better now....

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Dave, try the turkey sandwich at college street, damn good

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

TCHB

Reaction score
Casa Fernandez
EZ Burger (breakfast burritos)
Mad Dogs (Saturday nights)
Barley Brothers
Angelinas Italian
Shuguris steaks
Big Food (down on London Bridge Road towards the Refuge)

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Casa Fernandez
EZ Burger (breakfast burritos)
Mad Dogs (Saturday nights)
Barley Brothers
Angelinas Italian
Shuguris steaks
Big Food (down on London Bridge Road towards the Refuge)

Uh, yeah.....about Shugrues.

Sent from my Commodore 64.

westair

Reaction score
College St Brewhouse & Pub seemed pretty good, somebody put some $$ into that place, very nice!! .... has a good size outdoor patio:thumbsup.
Its fairly new, next to Magic Boats.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Uh, yeah.....about Shugrues.

Sent from my Commodore 64.

Can't go back to shigrues for awhile.. Lol. Or red robin.. My gawd damn friends are limiting my choices on eating establishments because they are out of control.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Can't go back to shigrues for awhile.. Lol. Or red robin.. My gawd damn friends are limiting my choices on eating establishments because they are out of control.

RD

I thought this was directed at me...but then I realized I had never eaten at Red Robin in Havasu. :D

PVHCA

Reaction score
Your choice of company for lunch leaves alot to be desired, LOL!! Then again your new too Havasu.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score

RD

Red Robin sucks anyway. I only eat there when they send me a "free burger for your birthday" and then I go home and spend 20min on the shitter :moon: