WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

hallett21

Reaction score
View attachment 1390326

Chicos tacos…. As you can probably surmise from some of the later photos I’ve been trying to eat more salads and healthier..

This wasn’t my favorite thing at chicos but it was good. Love their tacos, enchiladas etc!! My biggest complaint is their salsa is blah.. not one good mix in the joint..

Now if ya took azul agaves salsa and chicos food we’d be on to something. Azul agave has the best salsa in town by far.

View attachment 1390326
And they have a bar too!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg
IMG_0546.jpeg
Casa Sonoras I think it’s called? Little Mexican joint next to absolute speed and marine.

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

This place actually has pretty amazing Mexican food!! Their salsa has this crazy smoke flavor to it for lack of a better word?

Food is quality, and priced right!! Highly recommend checking this place out if you haven’t already! Plus it’s next to the marine shops
So lots of hardware to check out before and after.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I actually am gonna start cookin at home more just because I spend 5-6k a month eating out..

I just picked up a 5k a month bill so the money has to come from Somewhere.. 🤨

RD
Jesus Christ, Dave!😳

At 60-72k a year it might make more sense to just hire your own personal Chef?

Hell, offer me 80k and an expense account and I’m there😂

hallett21

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, Dave!😳

Still gotta buy the food though lol

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, Dave!😳

That’s going to be a hell of a commute every day.🤣

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 1390329 View attachment 1390330 View attachment 1390331 Casa Sonoras I think it’s called? Little Mexican joint next to absolute speed and marine.

View attachment 1390329
View attachment 1390330
View attachment 1390331
This place actually has pretty amazing Mexican food!! Their salsa has this crazy smoke flavor to it for lack of a better word?

Food is quality, and priced right!! Highly recommend checking this place out if you haven’t already! Plus it’s next to the marine shops
So lots of hardware to check out before and after.
I think that’s Sonora tacos y mariscos

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Between my iPhone (photos sent this thread) then iPad to do the rest. Not my best effort, but got it done!

The wine list snuck in with my photo selections— The two times we’ve been there, both were for lunch! Can’t wait to do dinner!

View attachment 1390026

Lunch menu! The fookin Avocado Bomb! — Was the bomb! Both times!

View attachment 1390028

View attachment 1390029

Dinner menu! We were told they can do anytime!

View attachment 1390031

View attachment 1390032

The Bomb!

View attachment 1390033

View attachment 1390035

The house made Clam Chowder was Very good with plenty of chunky clam!

View attachment 1390034

I quit taking pics after this showed up! But — I had the fish & chips! No complaints! 3 fair size pieces cooked perfectly and the chips (fries) are better than anything I’ve had in town! My wife had their house made (special) the chicken pot pie! She luv’d it! She had a salad the first time and said the same!

we will go back for dinner soon and will always be on our list of top Havasu Eats!

Can’t wait for RD’s reviews!
Thanks for the photos of the menu and the review. I keep thinking to try it but haven’t been there since it was Mudsharks.

Definitely going to try it now. Sounds great!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Casa Sonora, Tacos Sonora, Sonora Mariscos, whatever you want to call it, is good. It was good years ago when they were up on Kiowa, now Niko’s Grill, before they moved down to what had been Casa Fernandez. Casa Fernandez was pretty good. I still miss Hussong’s, the 2 story Mex place that burned down years ago.

JFMFG

Reaction score

Englewood

Reaction score
I could live off of Rusty’s and college street.
Same. I love the vibe of Rusty’s. All the good ol’ boys with their hotrod shirts shooting the shit at the bar.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I actually am gonna start cookin at home more just because I spend 5-6k a month eating out..

I just picked up a 5k a month bill so the money has to come from Somewhere.. 🤨

RD
I know I’m in a different league. And I admire your status. But the first thing I thought of is “I should go be poor somewhere else”😁. I’m probably at $2-300 a month average and that’s because of my girls sports that are typically 1-2hours from home.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know I’m in a different league. And I admire your status. But the first thing I thought of is “I should go be poor somewhere else”😁. I’m probably at $2-300 a month average and that’s because of my girls sports that are typically 1-2hours from home.

Not a status.. I just eat out a lot and I have three kids.. and the kids like appetizers.. lol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Any business owner can write of 50% off on meals. Every meal you eat out is a business expense. 😉

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
First time for us at Majik Bistros & Shakes on Mesquite. It was very good. We’ll be back. I had the seared Ahi sandwich. Excellent service and food.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
First time for us at Majik Bistros & Shakes on Mesquite. It was very good. We’ll be back. I had the seared Ahi sandwich. Excellent service and food.

Their soups in the winter are the best of the best!

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
Sooo fookin bummed! I’ve been wanting to have Thursday Fish & Chips at the Pirates Den. But the only handicapped thing there is 1 parking spot! They have NO TABLES or chairs - normal size - that can accommodate a wheelchair! 😒

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I really liked Pinche Guero Tacos. Pricey? Ya, but they were damn good. Sorry to see them leave town. So, a new Taco place opens up next to Basha’s. Menu said $5 tacos. Not cheap, but what is these days. Went there today, first visit. We were the only customers in the place. I ordered a taco and a burrito. They offered a number of varieties. I said I like them all. Asked them to please make me whatever they thought was their very best taco and best burrito. Watched them make them while we waited. Very clean place. Wife got her favorite, a Machaca Burrito. They must have been very proud of their Asada. Because it ended up being an Asada Taco and also an Asada Burrito. We gave each a C- at the very best, including the Machaca. Absolutely nothing special. Read somewhere that said their $5 taco was huge. It wasn’t. We were both raised on good Mex food in So Cal. This was not that.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago we saw Stubby’s Red Wagon BBQ open for business in the old K-Mart parking lot. Had heard good things about it, so we gave them a try. We ordered 2 Tri Tip (med rare) sandwich plates (2 sides). Crazy pricy - over $60 with a tip. We thought, oh well and took it home to eat. It was not good. Doubt if it was even Tri Tip, probably Brisket. The sides, cole slaw and mac & cheese were not good, they were bad. Maybe we hit them on a bad day.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago we saw Stubby’s Red Wagon BBQ open for business in the old K-Mart parking lot. Had heard good things about it, so we gave them a try. We ordered 2 Tri Tip (med rare) sandwich plates (2 sides). Crazy pricy - over $60 with a tip. We thought, oh well and took it home to eat. It was not good. Doubt if it was even Tri Tip, probably Brisket. The sides, cole slaw and mac & cheese were not good, they were bad. Maybe we hit them on a bad day.

Surprised to hear that.. every time I go there it’s really good.. but yes expensive as all get out

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How's the Rotary for breakfast and lunch?

Actually really good!! I'll go there tomorrow for lunch and take pics! :).

Their menu is a little small and kinda "fancy pants".. but I like it.

RD

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Actually really good!! I'll go there tomorrow for lunch and take pics! :).

Their menu is a little small and kinda "fancy pants".. but I like it.

RD
Big fan of this place... they are moving location soon I think.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Happened to go back to the very start of this thread, way back in 2012. Kind of interesting to read posts about various Havasu eateries way back then. Some are still good, some not so much and some are gone. Mex food is a frequent topic among us inmates. Casa Fernandez on Industrial got many favorable posts. We ate there back then, it was very good and seemed to be doing a good business. A bit of irony, we purchased the home of the owner and family. We got a very good deal on a very nice home. Had no idea they owned the restaurant. Neighbors later told us. Seems about then the restaurant closed, unfortunately. Good place, wish it was still here. I really don’t know what happened. Never even spoke with the owners, ever.

The best part about reading those old posts, without a doubt, was #164. It’s still pure gold. RD’s infamous journey to the CHINA BUFFET. Stretchy pants and all. Had me laughing again so hard I was crying. So was my wife, as I read it to her. So good. Obviously, it never gets old. It all starts with Stacy saying something like, “Havasu - A Chinese Buffet! . . . Are you serious?!” The rest is hilarious history. And so well written by RD.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Their baked beans are really good.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Once went to the Chinese Buffet by old WalMart. It was also Serve Yourself. Not the place RD went. After watching the young kids sitting across from us pick their noses, then go up to serve themselves, I knew we were in trouble. Believe the Mojave County Health Dept shut that place down, fortunately.

Just re-read what I wrote.. Those kids sitting across from us weren’t ours. Lol. They were with their parents at the table across from us.

Last edited: