WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Waldos' BBQ (or whatever it's called) at the airport has some killer ribs and sandwiches!!! Awesome food.

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
Up first javelina cantina.

Sunday is 50% off the entire menu. :)

We happened in there on Sunday coming back from Parker.

Best Refried Beans I've had yet in Havasu.. Had the Fajitas and they had a kind of sweet glaze on them. Unusual but very tasty. This isn't what I'd call "authentic" mexican food, but the food is one of the better places we have eaten at. Priced a little higher then most other places in town, but the location at the London bridge and quality of food make it a decent value in my mind, the 1/2 off Sundays make it a slam dunk.

Comments on Service (not judging the restaraunt on it just sayin).. On half off sunday the waiters are obviously football fans, because they spend more time rooting for their teams then checking on your table. LOL

2 sundays before I took a person there for their birthday, told the waiter it was her birthday.. reminded him it was her birthday.. No birthday song, no birthday ice cream. Again though was very interested in the game.

RD

Ofcourse you think that shithole is good your White.... that place is a step above taco bell

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
dont forget the breakfast burrito from the pirate.

but really, dont forget to check Makai for breakfast

makai is good :thumbsup

La Vita Dolce. Little joint across from Arby's, where 2 Guys Pizza used to be. Great food, prices and service. That has been our regular spot for over a year now.

we liked 2 guys when it was there ... la vita dolce is good as well

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Bad Miguels has some pretty tasty breakfast burritos!

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
I second Angelina's good old school Italian off palos verde west of 95

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Check out The Golden Horseshoe RD and let us know what you think. We go there every time we can.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Angelina's moved to just behind Cabana Palms;
Makai' Breakfast Specials +
Mad Dogs Specials +
Jasper's expensive but $1 12oz PBR's
SkyBox has been good lately

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Try Casa Fernandez next door to Absolute. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Peggys Sunrise Cafe for breakfast. I hit it or Casa Fernandez whenever i can

Patyacht

Reaction score
Casa Fernandez + for food - for service
Cha-Bones - great Hors d'oeuvre & Calamares is outstanding
Waldo's BBQ is some of the best I've had.
College Street Brewery +beer & +food

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Nobody eats at Peggys for breakfast? Wtf....its a locals place

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
LOL. It's Havasu, that's the best there is within miles and miles :D

Again that place is so overrated. Its like a virgin on prom night ....ill pass .... try Casa fernandez or if you want more upscale Mexican food try chilis

sfury

Reaction score
We did Angelina's before La Vita Dolce opened and haven't been back. Robby the owner will always make sure your happy! imo the food is better and priced right...Breakfast was Peggy's and Juicy's tll I found Makai's:thumbsup

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
keep it simple, you wont have to try everyplace in town if you follow this trend... food at ________ was ok. Service at _______ sucked. The drinks were good but _______ ran out of jack.

from boat reviews to food, dave you keep me laughing sometimes. Keep up the good work, btw, let me know what you think of cha-bones and angelina's.

Cha Bones...best place in town in my opinion....:thumbsup

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Red Onion- maybe it was the Bloody Mary's, but the breakfast was tasty.

bunkrepair

Reaction score
Check out The Golden Horseshoe RD and let us know what you think. We go there every time we can.

Golden horseshoe is great much better than Montana IMO

Sent from my iPhone while acting like I'm working

LomitaBob

Reaction score
U been to Uncle Kenny's yet? My favorite Havasu breakfast joint

sent from the EVO

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
Golden horseshoe is great much better than Montana IMO

It was way better with a moat out front, egg crates for insulation and business cards for wall paper!

Last edited:

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
Waldos' BBQ (or whatever it's called) at the airport has some killer ribs and sandwiches!!! Awesome food.

Really? That was a sorry excuse for BBQ... and I gave them a second shot after a disapointing first.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Chicos Tacos has some pretty good food. Best shredded beef I've ever had. I'm sure glad Chuy's is gone. Fuck that place!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Chicos Tacos has some pretty good food. Best shredded beef I've ever had. I'm sure glad Chuy's is gone. Fuck that place!!!!!!

What you didn't like getting one of those filthy stuffed animals to hold while you waited for your food? :skull:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
What you didn't like getting one of those filthy stuffed animals to hold while you waited for your food? :skull:skull

I didn't enjoy the night of puking and pissing out of my ass. Or the next morning at the hospital where I had to get an IV cause I got so dehydrated from it all. LOL

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Breakfast - Humbertos for breakfast burritos, or a meat lovers omelette at Black Bear

Lunch - wife barbecue on toon

Dinner - Chabones is best but you will drop some coin, the lamb chops are the shit, Dolce is very good and much more affordable, get the lasagne, and Angelinas is very good for all things italian but always packed

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
Also I've always been pleased with Red Onion for breakfast

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score

I ate a Chuy's one time on a friday night on the way in to town, some of the worst fucking food I have ever ate:thumbsdown

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Ditto...me like Cha-Bones...love everything about the place...

Cha Bones, My favorite!

Scottie's Broasted

Casa Fernandez

Shugrues

All good.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Breakfast - Humbertos for breakfast burritos, or a meat lovers omelette at Black Bear

Lunch - wife barbecue on toon

Dinner - Chabones is best but you will drop some coin, the lamb chops are the shit, Dolce is very good and much more affordable, get the lasagne, and Angelinas is very good for all things italian but always packed

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

For Dinner
You may want to try BBQ Billy on the south side it looks like a hole in the wall from the outside.

SydneyRaysDad

Average Member
Reaction score
Red Onion for breakfast bloody marys with the black and bleu burger. (Thanks Brian!)

Chico's is pretty good Mexican food for lunch

Bone-in New York steak from Safeway in my backyard for dinnner!

Joker

Reaction score
Whenever we drive to havasu, cha bones is a must. Maybe since we can't get a good steak in bullhead.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
It's worth the trip down to Parker to Rupertos..........little shitbox of a place but some of the best messican food I've had in awhile!
Horrible!! I was blOwing mud for 2 hours after the shitshow they served me there.... Carne Asada burrito my ass!!!!! Literally :/
Pretty soon?? Have you seen that thing lately??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Lol
Ditto...me like Cha-Bones...love everything about the place...

+2

hallett21

Reaction score
Chicos tacos, juicys river cafe, Casa de Fernandez are all good!!!

riverratmike

Reaction score
Cha Bones - Too expensive and don't have the food I like

Del Taco & McDonalds, now were talkin' :thumbsup

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Breakfast, Black Bear, hands down.

Steak house, none anymore.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Been to almost every eatery in havasu and heres my list of go to and dont goto places.Mexican food Casa bonita, second is taco hcienda but have not been there for awhile.Casa serrano is no bueno since i was served aside of cockroach in my rice.Italian food Angelinas kitchen.Scottys chicken rocks.Take out or delivery pizza is mudsharks .For breakfast my number one is the red onion on mculloch.Also juicys river cafe,uncle kennys is good too.Black bear diner is up there too.For a little more pricey night out Cha bones is good.Montana steak house is also good.Alot of places in havi,I just made myself hungry.

wash11

Off The Grid
Reaction score
Nobody eats at Peggys for breakfast? Wtf....its a locals place

When Rusty's opened up her biz dropped quite a bit. Rusty's is wayyyy better breakfast plus you don't have to stand outside for 45 minutes to get one of 12 tables Peggys has.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score

The owner is a complete and utter doucebag. Treats his staff like shite!!! Just sayin'.

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Whenever we drive to havasu, cha bones is a must. Maybe since we can't get a good steak in bullhead.

You ever try Saltgrass in the Golden Nugget? I've had better, but the best for the area IMO.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You ever try Saltgrass in the Golden Nugget? I've had better, but the best for the area IMO.

Saltgrass is pretty good, The Range at Harrahs is good as well as the Gourmet Room in the Riverside. I used to like the Hickory Pit at the Edgewater but haven't eaten there in years

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
When Rusty's opened up her biz dropped quite a bit. Rusty's is wayyyy better breakfast plus you don't have to stand outside for 45 minutes to get one of 12 tables Peggys has.

I went to Rustys before and it was just OK. I personally like Peggys better.

Joker

Reaction score

Yup, saltgrass is good. Just wish BH had the choices of food havasu does. Pretty limited IMHO.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Chicos tacos, juicys river cafe, Casa de Fernandez are all good!!!

Juicy's in Needles use to be good until I figured out why they call it Juicy's, instant "BUTT SOUP"!!

Saltgrass is pretty good, The Range at Harrahs is good as well as the Gourmet Room in the Riverside. I used to like the Hickory Pit at the Edgewater but haven't eaten there in years

Saltgrass is just fine for Laughlin, a step above Outback IMO, I like their salad dressings and their dirty rice(I think that's what they call it). The Gourmet Room, LMAO, I asked the waiter if their meat was Prime considering the prices, his response, "Choice is better than Prime" Walked out chuckling.