WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F26 / Mach 26

ChrisV

Reaction score
0A3C790F-E1CE-4BAB-9326-CC1AFBE03034.png

ChrisV

Reaction score
Guys with m26 and 700hp+ i/o.

I know every boat is different but what trim numbers are you guys running?

For example. #2 is neutral on my trim card and i've only bumped it to #3.

Trying to figure if I can go more trim but don't want to mess up my driveshaft joints.

23D445DC-1F71-491B-8B99-9CE7384A5A1B.jpeg

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
I run #3 till 100mph then bump down to 2 for the 110+mph runs. Anything above 3 seems to be loose but doesn’t add mph…and it gives my lower major cavitation burn behind the water pickup.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Guys with m26 and 700hp+ i/o.

I know every boat is different but what trim numbers are you guys running?

For example. #2 is neutral on my trim card and i've only bumped it to #3.

Trying to figure if I can go more trim but don't want to mess up my driveshaft joints.

View attachment 1406310

You don’t have any I joint worries at those numbers.. more handling numbers.

That said back in the day Carlos from DCB would fly the shit out of his.. lol.

If the water got rougher though he’d be more neutral and fly flat.. it was wild watching him do big poker runs and end up in the top 2-3 boats first to the card stop.

RD

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
I have an F but it’s the same bottom from what I’m told.

What RD said is spot on. Anything above 3-4 just seems to lift the front and gain nothing. I normally ride at 3ish when cruising

Just figured out that in rougher waters the boat likes nose down in the neutral 0 spot. Kinda weird how it works hence why I just tried it and figured it out not too long ago

Not sure with the extension box if it’s the same deal and will act the same? Also you have the same indicator that has -2 and -1 I’d assume?

ChrisV

Reaction score
I have an F but it’s the same bottom from what I’m told.

What RD said is spot on. Anything above 3-4 just seems to lift the front and gain nothing. I normally ride at 3ish when cruising

Just figured out that in rougher waters the boat likes nose down in the neutral 0 spot. Kinda weird how it works hence why I just tried it and figured it out not too long ago

Not sure with the extension box if it’s the same deal and will act the same? Also you have the same indicator that has -2 and -1 I’d assume?
Yeah same indicator. But from what i measured #2 is neutral. So that should be 0. Ill double check again this weekend.

lenmann

Reaction score
Damn that boat looks great on the water!

May just be the composition of the shot (fucking phone cameras are amazing nowwa days) but it just kinda screams sporty and elegant. Regardless of how or why, that's a great looking float.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Got a base and trimmed it high this trip. It’s a whole different boat. Was proposing like crazy cause I didn’t trim enough. (Rookie)

Bought a 30p prop so far I’m loving it.

View attachment 1408937 View attachment 1408939
Looks like you have a 1" spacer in there as well. I wonder if this was put in to get it to roll over better.
Hmmm......

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I didn’t even notice that. Boat rolls over pretty good. Tabs are amazing for that.
Wonder why its there and if it would be faster without it?
With tabs the rollover is good but it may slip and the prop slip may be higher with removing it.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Damn that boat looks great on the water!

May just be the composition of the shot (fucking phone cameras are amazing nowwa days) but it just kinda screams sporty and elegant. Regardless of how or why, that's a great looking float.
Thanks Len!

I'm definitely loving it more every time I use it.

ChrisV

Reaction score
With tabs the rollover is good but it may slip and the prop slip may be higher with removing it.
I'll leave it alone for now.. No speed runs until I get more comfortable with it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Good eye, on mine I’m planning at next oil change to remove my +2 spacer (at 0 that way) and replacing with my +1 spacer bringing mine to -1 now that I’ve got a better handle on mine.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
I’m running a -1 and it will slip the prop sometimes. Not bad at all just more noticeable at certain times when getting on plane. Won’t do it 90% of the time but every so often it will. Not sure if it’s the water or just how I used the throttle.

-1 was much better than the 0 I had before. Gained some mph and also less effort rolling over to plane

ChrisV

Reaction score
@rpmsrup badass M26 build.

Killer work from KMG as usual.

More details down below.

finish 1.jpeg
finish 2.jpeg
finish 4.jpeg
finish 6.jpeg

Nail It

Reaction score
Makes sense as the 2" shorty is too much and they added the inch back in. I would leave it alone.
I’m running a -1 and it will slip the prop sometimes. Not bad at all just more noticeable at certain times when getting on plane. Won’t do it 90% of the time but every so often it will. Not sure if it’s the water or just how I used the throttle.

-1 was much better than the 0 I had before. Gained some mph and also less effort rolling over to plane
Agreed. I've ran a 0, -1, & -2 and found the -1 to be the sweet spot. The -1 is about 1-2mph faster than the 0. The -2 ran about the same mph but felt a little a too loose over 100mph, and slipped getting on plane. Also, mine does not have tabs or a drive extension box.

Nail It

Reaction score
Yeah same indicator. But from what i measured #2 is neutral. So that should be 0. Ill double check again this weekend.
#2 on the trim indicator is about nuetral on mine as well. I run at 3 when cruising normally. But, I trim up to 4.5 or 5 when accelerating to lift the nose and take a set. Once the boat is packing enough air around 90-100+, I have found that bumping the trim down to 3.5 or 4 pulls the best top end number.

ChrisV

Reaction score
#2 on the trim indicator is about nuetral on mine as well. I run at 3 when cruising normally. But, I trim up to 4.5 or 5 when accelerating to lift the nose and take a set. Once the boat is packing enough air around 90-100+, I have found that bumping the trim down to 3.5 or 4 pulls the best top end number.
Exactly the numbers i ran last weekend. Do you have an extension box as well?

HBCraig

Reaction score

JFMFG

Reaction score
Friends M26 about to wrap up. Just got done rigging at Teague and came out beautiful. He should be getting some CMI headers end of the season and will make it pop. New trailer next year depending when I'm ready. Clean and simple. View attachment 1420840 View attachment 1420841 View attachment 1420842 View attachment 1420843
I dig the dash. The bite. Lower is a nice touch as well. Lost my respect when I only saw 2 axels not 3. Trailer should be more of a priority before rigging 😂😂😂. That thing is clean!!

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Sob is sanitary 👌🏼 looks damn good with the powdered exhaust imo. Unless it’s a restriction for the motor I’d leave it. Polished cmi headers are gorgeous but damn it looks clean as is😍

I’ve never seen one with the stringers like that

CammdSS

Reaction score

JL95

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I spotted that white and gold rapid transit mach26 at martinez getting it's interior worked on.