WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A day in the life of an HVAC technician

PVHCA

Reaction score
Guess I should stop putting my hub cap hammer on tops of customers hoods, LOL

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That condensing unit...wow just wow...ducted condenser air a coil that looks like its never been cleaned.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Customer I quoted a couple weeks ago. Pulled the trigger on their new system, but we can't get them in for over a Week. No big deal until their old system took a dump today. They have two small babies. So with some quick thinking. Dynamic now offers temporary AC to those customers awaiting an install with us. ;) the customer was beyond happy when I told him I had a solution for him and would be there in about 30 minutes.

View attachment 414416
View attachment 414417

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Damn[emoji15] Glad I work with underground utilities. Ninety five percent of our shit is covered with dirt[emoji3]

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That blue tape should be good.

I have had guys use duct tape on carpet to hold down drops. Six weeks later the customers have dirty lines where the tape glue stuck on the flooring....it collects dirt and looks like hell.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Try trouble shooting a loose wire on this. Lol

View attachment 415767
Deal! At least all of the schematics on mine were in Italian! Stupid failed relay.

uploadfromtaptalk1435201113205.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435201154097.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435201186574.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That blue tape should be good.

I have had guys use duct tape on carpet to hold down drops. Six weeks later the customers have dirty lines where the tape glue stuck on the flooring....it collects dirt and looks like hell.

Everything comes up at the end of the dayday gets relayed the next morning

500bbc

Reaction score
Booties that go over your boots !!!

Then the dopes walk to their trucks with the booties on then right back into the house.:D

No tape of any kind at any time on any hardwood floor, blue will pull clear off too.:thumbsdown

We tape to the base boards only, if touch up needed much easier.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Then the dopes walk to their trucks with the booties on then right back into the house.:D

No tape of any kind at any time on any hardwood floor, blue will pull clear off too.:thumbsdown

We are finishing up the big job today. And the cleaning crew is there as well. So today it was booties all day. And we keep a box at each point of entry into the house. You go in you put a pair on. You go out throw the used ones in the trash.

Not sure what kind of floors or blue tape you're using. But must be ether really strong tape or really junk flooring. We have been doing it this way for years over many different types of flooring. Never not once an issue. With our clear floor protection we have never had an issue on carpet or hard flooring of any kind.

500bbc

Reaction score
We are finishing up the big job today. And the cleaning crew is there as well. So today it was booties all day. And we keep a box at each point of entry into the house. You go in you put a pair on. You go out throw the used ones in the trash.

Not sure what kind of floors or blue tape you're using. But must be ether really strong tape or really junk flooring. We have been doing it this way for years over many different types of flooring. Never not once an issue. With our clear floor protection we have never had an issue on carpet or hard flooring of any kind.

Blue tape twice on old hardwood pulled the finish off, refinish all required.:grumble:
Might have been at the early stage of the new finishes.

Slow What

Reaction score
Blue tape twice on old hardwood pulled the finish off, refinish all required.:grumble:
Might have been at the early stage of the new finishes.
Most people don't realize "Blue Tape" was designed to leave things masked for long periods of time without leaving glue residue behind.
Most Blue Tapes are just as sticky as regular masking tape, unless you look for a low tack tape, I have had finish come off on floors myself, that's always fun...

wishiknew

Reaction score

LOL the other subs were walking to there trucks Not my guys

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
A question to throw out at the pros.

We have a fairly large chiller for an induction welder at work that needs evacuation. ( Plant closer) I'm guessing between 30-40 pounds of what ever refrigerant they used in the 80's (R-22)?

1. How big of a machine does it take to re-coupe this much Freon and how long might that take?

The bigger shops are really not responding even though they will get paid well. Why would this be possibly ?

HotRod82

Reaction score
A question to throw out at the pros.

We have a fairly large chiller for an induction welder at work that needs evacuation. ( Plant closer) I'm guessing between 30-40 pounds of what ever refrigerant they used in the 80's (R-22)?

1. How big of a machine does it take to re-coupe this much Freon and how long might that take?

The bigger shops are really not responding even though they will get paid well. Why would this be possibly ?

My standard (small) recovery machine will recover that in less than an hour. Do you want them to just recover the refrigerant or do you want them to re-pipe and re-charge? If you are just looking for the recovery, IMO it's probably too small of a job for most shops to mess with during the busy season.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Question for the pros. I have an above ceiling unit (above a new drop ceiling) has a drop pan an all but the drip pan is starting to condensate on the bottom and developed a drip onto the drop ceiling. Any way around this? Does the drip pan need a drip pan?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Question for the pros. I have an above ceiling unit (above a new drop ceiling) has a drop pan an all but the drip pan is starting to condensate on the bottom and developed a drip onto the drop ceiling. Any way around this? Does the drip pan need a drip pan?

The drip pan is an emergency device and should not be condensating. You most likely have an issue with the primary drain system.

72Hondo

Reaction score
The drip pan is an emergency device and should not be condensating. You most likely have an issue with the primary drain system.

Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'll snap some pics for you, it's basically suspended in the air in an aircraft hangar. So it's exposed to the ambient temperate.

TrollerDave

Reaction score

The "secondary" pan, if possible, should have a drain pipe draining somewhere you can see it. That way when it's starts draining, you know you have an issue.