WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 College Football ...........

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
So all BS aside, who's watching the Apple Cup tomorrow at 12:30PM PST? This game has a ton of influence on the PAC 12 conference championship game as well as the national playoff games. Huskies are 6 point favorite. This will be the 109th matchup between the two teams, UW holds a commanding 70Wins, 32 loses and 6 tie lead in matchups. Weather report is light rain and 41 - 46F, 6" of snow for travelers heading east to the game over the pass.

I think it will be a close game that UW pulls out in the end. UW will be playing USC again, if USC can hold their end of the deal.

SC has no say so in the Pac 12 championship.

From what I understand, USC has to beat a piss poor Notre Dame team that has 4 wins so far and has to hope a team they barely beat loses to have a shot. Really? Holding Notre Dame up as a quality win? Hoping some one else loses? Wins are verse Nevada, Syracuse, Miami (barely) and Army? Lol, who the hell considers Notre Dame a strong opponent? Also noticed Stanford gets to play Rice at the end of the year? Playing a 3 win team outside of conference at the end of the year? Wow.

Big fish in a little pond USC "should" play for the conference championship, but they don't have the pedigree, unless they meet up with UW again. Getting your ass handed to you buy the #1 team in the nations should be a compelling reason to not allow that game to take place again. All the heavy lifting was done by UW and WSU in conference, if USC were to play in that game they would need to pound UW / WSU. Even if everything falls USC's way their is zero chance the playoff committee can overlook the pounding Alabama put on USC and put USC back in the playoff picture. Aint going to happen.

Are you talking about the Pac 12 or the College championship. :headscratch: If the Pac 12. Its up to the Colorado / Utah game who decides who goes on to play Jake Locker and UDUB. I mean Jake Browning. :)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Lol, are you really trying to defend Notre Dame football and it's total arrogance as a huge school and or aligning with a conference? Notre Dame football has sucked for decades considering the position they have instituted for themselves because they have 100K kids on campus and contorted the NCAA college football universe. Yes, they have an independent TV contract and get to play any game they want, but they have NOT PERFORMED as a dominate NCAA football team for a couple of decades. Are you questioning this? If your going to play the part of the big swinging dick, maybe you should have the record to back it up. They haven't, even with cake walk schedules, including USC.

There you go with ND sucking for decades. Go back 4 years when they were rated No. 1 in the country. Then lost to Alabama. :rolleyes

Swinging dick. :headscratch:

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I get that USC doesn't control their own destiny in regards to the PAC 12 championship and or a shot at the national championship. They do have a shot to make the PAC 12 championship game if Colorado loses and they beat a bad Notre Dame team.

UW held up their end of things for a USC rematch and didn't hurt their chances to make the final 4 playoffs, now lets see if USC shits the bed or Colorado ends any shot USC may have.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I get that USC doesn't control their own destiny in regards to the PAC 12 championship and or a shot at the national championship. They do have a shot to make the PAC 12 championship game if Colorado loses and they beat a bad Notre Dame team.

UW held up their end of things for a USC rematch and didn't hurt their chances to make the final 4 playoffs, now lets see if USC shits the bed or Colorado ends any shot USC may have.

AGAIN THE GAME VS ND HAS NO BEARING ON THE PAC 12. IF COLORADO LOSES AND ND BEATS SC. SC STILL GOES TO PLAY UDUB.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
AGAIN THE GAME VS ND HAS NO BEARING ON THE PAC 12. IF COLORADO LOSES AND ND BEATS SC. SC STILL GOES TO PLAY UDUB.
Actually it does. If SC wins and Colorado loses they will have the same league win - loss, I believe the 1st tie breaker is their overall record which SC must win and Colorado must lose for that to be the same. Then the 2nd tie breaker is the fact that SC beat CU.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Actually it does. If SC wins and Colorado loses they will have the same league win - loss, I believe the 1st tie breaker is their overall record which SC must win and Colorado must lose for that to be the same. Then the 2nd tie breaker is the fact that SC beat CU.

Nope........conference record.....head to head...and SC beat Colorado. ND game has no bearing on the P12.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Either or..........Wazoo blew it today. They should have easily had 21 more points on the board. They played the same way against Colorado. Colorado or USC will not be the same match up. I say UW goes down to either team. The 1st quarter was UW.......the rest of the game they made their mistakes. Wazoo made it too easy for them not to win.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

No.

Nope........conference record.....head to head...and SC beat Colorado. ND game has no bearing on the P12.
Yes.

Joker

Reaction score
I don't even know if I can stomach watching that Pop Warner game tonight. You can keep us posted. :D

6-5 isn't so bad, is it?[emoji854]
We were doing good until Bobby cursed us.[emoji107]

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
6-5 gets ASU to a bowl game:cool

It would if they weren't 5-6 going into tonights game.

UCLA can maybe get in with a 5-7 if not enough teams qualify. But will they want to. 2 more weeks of practice may help for next year.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

UCLA can maybe get in with a 5-7 if not enough teams qualify. But will they want to. 2 more weeks of practice may help for next year.

How many games does UCLA have left? Don't you have to have minimum .500 record to get a bowl bid? I'm asking bc idk?

westair

Reaction score

I would hope ucla doesn't accept any bowl invites .... I really don't want to sit through more bruin games that I have too.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
How many games does UCLA have left? Don't you have to have minimum .500 record to get a bowl bid? I'm asking bc idk?

UCLA has 1. There are 40 bowl games. That means they need 80 teams to have at least 6 wins. Sometimes they don't so they start going after the 5 win teams. Sometimes the AD and coach at the 5 win school won't accept the bowl invite due to they might lose $$$ playing a lesser bowl game. Some teams like to use the bowl game and the extra practices for next years players.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
In the Gildan New Mexico bowl in December...against a powerhouse 6&5 Mountain West team...yippee.

That high profile bowl game is for the C-USA vs MWC conferences. The Pac 12 can't get into that game. :skull

Cray Paper

Reaction score
There you go with ND sucking for decades. Go back 4 years when they were rated No. 1 in the country. Then lost to Alabama. :rolleyes

Swinging dick. :headscratch:

They didn't just "lose" to Alabama, they got their lunch taken, bitch slapped and their play on the field proved they didn't deserve to be on the same field with Alabama. I watched that game, did you?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-fighting-irish-vacate-wins-2012-2013-seasons

How many wins did Notre Dame have again?

Back to the topic at hand, Notre Dame sucks this year, do you question that statement? Why the hell is USC playing an out of conference game this late in the year? Only reason is that it comes down to money. This year, it's going to come back and bite USC as ND is a bottom feeder. Look at the wins they have, or better yet, look at their loses. What gets me is why is Notre Dame allowed to influence PAC 12 scheduling? USC should be playing UCLA tomorrow in a rivalry game. USC kicking the crap out of an inferior, nonconference team late in the year should mean zilch in the big picture, but USC fans are already trying to figure out how to sneak back in to the national championship picture if they beat ND and UW. If that were to happen, watch the crying from USC fans when USC isn't in the top 8. How many other teams get to schedule a patsy out of conference team late in the year? It's the same as UW mopping the floor with Rutgers before conference games began except at the end of the year after several players have been hurt and out.

I just cant stand Notre Dame, huge school, their own TV contract that gets shoved down college football fans throats every weekend. Similar to the Dallas Cowboys. Just like the Cowboys, what have they done to deserve the attention. Not the flash in the pan "look at the last couple of weeks", I'm talking real measurable. USC fans should understand this as ND cant hold a candle to the results USC has pumped out over the last 50 years. What has ND done to demand the respect they get nationally other than have a huge alumni?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They didn't just "lose" to Alabama, they got their lunch taken, bitch slapped and their play on the field proved they didn't deserve to be on the same field with Alabama. I watched that game, did you?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-fighting-irish-vacate-wins-2012-2013-seasons

How many wins did Notre Dame have again?

Back to the topic at hand, Notre Dame sucks this year, do you question that statement? Why the hell is USC playing an out of conference game this late in the year? Only reason is that it comes down to money. This year, it's going to come back and bite USC as ND is a bottom feeder. Look at the wins they have, or better yet, look at their loses. What gets me is why is Notre Dame allowed to influence PAC 12 scheduling? USC should be playing UCLA tomorrow in a rivalry game. USC kicking the crap out of an inferior, nonconference team late in the year should mean zilch in the big picture, but USC fans are already trying to figure out how to sneak back in to the national championship picture if they beat ND and UW. If that were to happen, watch the crying from USC fans when USC isn't in the top 8. How many other teams get to schedule a patsy out of conference team late in the year? It's the same as UW mopping the floor with Rutgers before conference games began except at the end of the year after several players have been hurt and out.

I just cant stand Notre Dame, huge school, their own TV contract that gets shoved down college football fans throats every weekend. Similar to the Dallas Cowboys. Just like the Cowboys, what have they done to deserve the attention. Not the flash in the pan "look at the last couple of weeks", I'm talking real measurable. USC fans should understand this as ND cant hold a candle to the results USC has pumped out over the last 50 years. What has ND done to demand the respect they get nationally other than have a huge alumni?
Dude, you need to brush up on you rivalry history. They have always played each other at or near the end of the season since 1926. They play EVERY YEAR. It is as big of a rivalry as UCLA is to both programs. That has very little to do with the scheduling.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, you need to brush up on you rivalry history. They have always played each other at or near the end of the season since 1926. They play EVERY YEAR. It is as big of a rivalry as UCLA is to both programs. That has very little to do with the scheduling.

I was going to say the same thing about the rivalry but wasn't sure if they always play late season.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
IROC seems to not know so much what happens outside of WA. :rolleyes
I was going to say the same thing about the rivalry but wasn't sure if they always play late season.

Yes the rivalry started in 1926. The game started when NDs coach Knute Rockne wife and SCs coach Wilson wives got together. Knutes wife got tired of playing Nebraska in the cold Nov and wanted to come out west. So the two wives got the coaches together for a home and home series. When SC has the home game its always after thanksgiving. Late Oct when the game is in South Bend. Its one of the best traditional games that is still be played outside of there conference.

I have a ticket stub from 1948 when my dad went to the game at the coliseum. 10-10 tie. $5 to get in. :skull

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Bwahahaha....ASU....can't even beat Lamizona. Bout to go down. :D

JB in so cal

Reaction score
image.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
IROC seems to not know so much what happens outside of WA. :rolleyes

Yes the rivalry started in 1926. The game started when NDs coach Knute Rockne wife and SCs coach Wilson wives got together. Knutes wife got tired of playing Nebraska in the cold Nov and wanted to come out west. So the two wives got the coaches together for a home and home series. When SC has the home game its always after thanksgiving. Late Oct when the game is in South Bend. Its one of the best traditional games that is still be played outside of there conference.

I have a ticket stub from 1948 when my dad went to the game at the coliseum. 10-10 tie. $5 to get in. :skull

Nice job of splainin the real deal. :thumbsup
You can lay the facts out for IrocDave all you want....dude is still only gonna believe what he wants.....lol...clearly all he ever wants to do is win his argument. Spazz is always over the top. It's fun to fire him up. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
And I thought everyone knew SC and ND always played late in the season....duh. Especially if you're a CFB fan. :D

westair

Reaction score
And I thought everyone knew SC and ND always played late in the season....duh. Especially if you're a CFB fan. :D

Probably not important but notre dame leads the series with usc by 10 wins:D

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Lol, no response the questions that actually matter. That says more than any response you have provided. USC fans know that Colorado will win Saturday, or USC fans are concerned about USC getting beat by an inferior, overrated 99.0 percent of the time Notre Dame team. USC fans, lets hear your take on what will take place tomorrow. USC kicking a POS Notre Dame teams ass? An undeserving Colorado team beating an inferior Utah team thus eliminating a superior USC team from another shot against the creme of the crop PAC 12 northern conference winner again?

Lots of sidestepping in this thread as it's come down to the wire, put your money where you mouth is......

westair

Reaction score
Lol, no response the questions that actually matter. That says more than any response you have provided. USC fans know that Colorado will win Saturday, or USC fans are concerned about USC getting beat by an inferior, overrated 99.0 percent of the time Notre Dame team. USC fans, lets hear your take on what will take place tomorrow. USC kicking a POS Notre Dame teams ass? An undeserving Colorado team beating an inferior Utah team thus eliminating a superior USC team from another shot against the creme of the crop PAC 12 northern conference winner again?

Lots of sidestepping in this thread as it's come down to the wire, put your money where you mouth is......

I'm not a fan of either but would like to see a usc washington rematch ..... no reason utah couldn't beat colorado tomorrow ..... and once again notre dame has nothing to do with any of this

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Wow! Washington takes a beating late in the season by SC but yet Washington is still superior. Dude you REALLY need to stop watching football through purple colored glasses.

jlostit89

Reaction score

Been a USC guy for 30 years and Yeah I agree that Colorado will win..so will USC and unfortunately it was too much too late. USC waited entirely too long to make the move to Darnold from Browne and they are paying the price when it matters the most. Truth be told USC should have beaten Utah anyways earlier in the year..would have been in control of their fate much more than they are today.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Been a USC guy for 30 years and Yeah I agree that Colorado will win..so will USC and unfortunately it was too much too late. USC waited entirely too long to make the move to Darnold from Browne and they are paying the price when it matters the most. Truth be told USC should have beaten Utah anyways earlier in the year..would have been in control of their fate much more than they are today.

Yep..^^^^^^^This is how I feel also.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Is this your way of saying you don't know shit about the ND / USC rivalry or how the Pac 12 south will be decided. :smackhead

Here's a link about the rivalry so you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame–USC_football_rivalry

BTW. USC beat UW at home. USC beat #9 Colarado. #9 Colorado beat Wash. State. UW beat Wash. State. And you use words like inferior, undeserving, creme of the crop....I came to the conclusion that you ONLY follow UW football and NOT COLLEGE football. :rolleyes

KevinR

Reaction score

Agree on the QB move. But what really hurt in that game against Utah was watching the defense give up that last game winning drive at the end. Agonizing!

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Is this your way of saying you don't know shit about the ND / USC rivalry or how the Pac 12 south will be decided. :smackhead

Here's a link about the rivalry so you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame–USC_football_rivalry

BTW. USC beat UW at home. USC beat #9 Colarado. #9 Colorado beat Wash. State. UW beat Wash. State. And you use words like inferior, undeserving, creme of the crop....I came to the conclusion that you ONLY follow UW football and NOT COLLEGE football. :rolleyes

Lol.....like I said....IrocDave just wants to win his argument. Dudes all over the place sometimes. Must be the thin air in Washington. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
And in comes the first mistake.......at the wrong place. This game is gonna be too tight to give points away. :yikes

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
And in comes the first mistake.......at the wrong place. This game is gonna be too tight to give points away. :yikes
Great game so far. This is what college football is all about.

Also the USC game isn't a cake walk. ND is 4-7 but all their losses have been 8 points or less. Put that in your stat file IROC. :)