WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 College Football ...........

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Hooter, you got me pegged all wrong.

Bama won in a semi dominating fashion, wasn't really all that impressive to me though. In my mind I knew the only way UW was going to win was if Browning played lights out, but it seems he isn't capable of that against stiff competition. All said, I thought he UW defense played really well and if they had their starting linebacker that bull of a running back Scarborough? would not have had the 2 TD's and the game would have been much closer. I don't think UW embarrassed themselves in the game, but it is clear they have some ground to cover before they can challenge the likes of Bama.

My take away from this season, and what I have been trying to articulate is this. UW isn't the patsy it has been for the past decade and change, it will be a major influence in the PAC 12 until the coach leaves town. Just as it was until that POS Tyrone Willingham ran the program in to the ground.

Joker

Reaction score
Hooter, you got me pegged all wrong.

Bama won in a semi dominating fashion, wasn't really all that impressive to me though. In my mind I knew the only way UW was going to win was if Browning played lights out, but it seems he isn't capable of that against stiff competition. All said, I thought he UW defense played really well and if they had their starting linebacker that bull of a running back Scarborough? would not have had the 2 TD's and the game would have been much closer. I don't think UW embarrassed themselves in the game, but it is clear they have some ground to cover before they can challenge the likes of Bama.

My take away from this season, and what I have been trying to articulate is this. UW isn't the patsy it has been for the past decade and change, it will be a major influence in the PAC 12 until the coach leaves town. Just as it was until that POS Tyrone Willingham ran the program in to the ground.

I'll give you this, UDub didn't get spanked as bad as SC.[emoji106]
Their defense really played well but the QBs pick before half hurt.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Speaking of POS coaches, our project staff had lunch with one of the owners of our company last week. He went to the UW in the early 90's and played on one of the sports teams. He also lives in an affluent area around the UW and has some really close ties to the booster club as well as had Sark as a neighbor. Their kids were on the same teams and the fathers of the kids hung out with Sark. There is much more to tell about Steve Sarkisians issues....alcoholism might be the lesser of any of the problems he had / has. I haven't seen this mentioned in any media release, but Sark slept with another coaches daughter. Not going to say which coach, or when. Alcohol wasn't the only substance he had issues with either. The person I heard this from has zero reasons to make this shit up, the only thing he emphasized was this guy was a POS and their is no way a person with the major personality issues this guy has can change. He said flat out he would not trust Sark around his wife or children.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I'm a UW homer, that being said, what I see from Jake Browning is a young kid that has great talent but plays scared. Like a coddled child that cant handle stressful situations, is so used to success and cant deal with shit going sideways. I'm am tempering my thoughts as he is a young man and is still learning a lot, I just don't see that piss and vinegar that a true leader has, even if they don't know what they are doing.

The UW will be back next year and better than this year, but the UW has had a legacy of strong willed, type A QB's, and I just don't see the type A personality on Browning. They need that type A QB, even if he doesn't have the skills that J Browning has.

Joker

Reaction score
I'm a UW homer, that being said, what I see from Jake Browning is a young kid that has great talent but plays scared. Like a coddled child that cant handle stressful situations, is so used to success and cant deal with shit going sideways. I'm am tempering my thoughts as he is a young man and is still learning a lot, I just don't see that piss and vinegar that a true leader has, even if they don't know what they are doing.

The UW will be back next year and better than this year, but the UW has had a legacy of strong willed, type A QB's, and I just don't see the type A personality on Browning. They need that type A QB, even if he doesn't have the skills that J Browning has.

This qb we got from Alabama will do nothing but help the Devils next year[emoji106]

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Hooter, I am interested in your thoughts on the game. Set aside all the BS USC chest puffing. Again, I don't think UW was dominated, they just got beet by a great defense and shitty offense that had great field position and many more chances than UW. I also don't think UW shit the bed and got crushed like the majority of the media thought would happen, as well as what I think you thought would happen.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I actually think UW played a pretty good game. Their D kept them in that game with a shot to win. I don't think that Browning was good enough to pull it off. He got shut down the same way in the game against SC. I was expecting a bit more out of the Bama offense too though. I would of liked to see what SC could do against them now with Darnold. I think it would be a completely different game. Put Darnold in Brownings position tonight......would be a damn close game.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I actually think UW played a pretty good game. Their D kept them in that game with a shot to win. I don't think that Browning was good enough to pull it off. He got shut down the same way in the game against SC. I was expecting a bit more out of the Bama offense too though. I would of liked to see what SC could do against them now with Darnold. I think it would be a completely different game. Put Darnold in Brownings position tonight......would be a damn close game.

I appreciate the insight, makes me feel better after the loss. I thought the Bama O would have been more consistent and or dominating, but the UW D played them well, just as they did against most PAC 12 offenses. The offense was not good and Browning shit the bed again. This sucks as a UW fan, watching your QB be the week link.

Just so you know, I'm pulling for USC to whoop ass on Penn State Monday. Hope your team shows well for the PAC 12.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
So we got a rematch? Last year's game was pretty close. Could be anyone's game.

OSU....shutout. :yikes

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Pre game prep. Lanyards, check.
Enjoy the game - Granddaddy of Then All!
#rematch

Attachments

• IMG_2849.jpg
    IMG_2849.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2848.jpg
    IMG_2848.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 50

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Blake Barnett

Got it. He's the kid that started against SC and got replaced by Hurts. And then quit the team. He will have to sit out the first few games due to transfer rules even if he does start.

Good pick up by ASU..:thumbup:

Joker

Reaction score
A little bummed with that transfer. Brady White went to my high school. Was hoping he would be successful.

Seeing how we have Wilkins, Perkins, Cole, White and now Barnett, I see someone leaving and I hope it's not Brady. We burned his redshirt without reason so I'm hoping we give him a shot in lieu of the other 2.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Game on........should be a good one. :thumbup:

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Looks like West Mich is hanging in there against Wisc. :thumbup: The only other undefeated team. Good to see.......SC faces them in the season opener next year.........and Texas for non conf games. W Mich should be able to stay ranked next season to start. Will only help SC climb when they beat a ranked team to start. :D

KevinR

Reaction score
Good to see.......SC faces them in the season opener next year.........and Texas for non conf games. W Mich should be able to stay ranked next season to start. Will only help SC climb when they beat a ranked team to start. :D

Agreed. :thumbsup:thumbsup

And it can get jump started with a win today. Fight On!

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Oh daaaamn....Happy bday on that W Mich TD........but then they blow the PAT. Not much time left to get 8. :eek Wisc D dropping the hammer.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Did you guys see Sarkisian is taking over as Offensive Coordinator for Alabama? I kinda wanted Clemson to win, now I damn sure want Clemson to win.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Good game.......another missed field goal. :grumble: Need to come out and score on the 1st drive SC.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Did you guys see Sarkisian is taking over as Offensive Coordinator for Alabama? I kinda wanted Clemson to win, now I damn sure want Clemson to win.

Yea wtf? Kiffin can't even finish out with his team for the championship game? That seems pretty lame. :thumbsdown Gonna be pretty funNY if Sark blows it.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
At the half, very entertaining Rose Bowl so far. USC is outplaying PS, but PS keeps throwing haymakers and connecting. If USC gets up by a 14+ this game will get ugly for PS.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yea wtf? Kiffin can't even finish out with his team for the championship game? That seems pretty lame. :thumbsdown Gonna be pretty funNY if Sark blows it.

Saban gave him the boot from what was said. Also, Saban didnt like him in the least.

KevinR

Reaction score
At the half, very entertaining Rose Bowl so far. USC is outplaying PS, but PS keeps throwing haymakers and connecting. If USC gets up by a 14+ this game will get ugly for PS.

I'd like to think PS can't keep hitting the low percentages throws but they have all year. Trojans need to get the run game going to pound the D and work the clock.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Exactly why SC needed to score coming outta the half. 2 missed filed goals. Not capitalizing on turnovers.....gonna comeback to bite them. Adoree kinda getting owned in coverage too.

Joker

Reaction score
I can imagine the atmosphere at the game is amazing[emoji106]

HBCraig

Reaction score
The SC crowd chanting bullshit after the targeting call. Stay classy SC......

come on now.

buck35

Reaction score
I don't even care for usc but it looks to me like they are giving ps a make up for prior ncaa penalties. And they are playing well to boot!
Never seen a recovery called that way. Wtf!

Singleton

Reaction score
The SC crowd chanting bullshit after the targeting call. Stay classy SC......

come on now.

How about the SC fans clapping and cheering as the PS player was walked backed into the locker room with a shoulder/arm injury. Staying super classy today

HBCraig

Reaction score
How about the SC fans clapping and cheering as the PS player was walked backed into the locker room with a shoulder/arm injury. Staying super classy today

Yep. I noticed that as well. While, when Adoree Jackson was hurt, the PSU players all took a knee and showed respect.