WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tighten your belts people...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Well when your party gets in . You can forget about boating or buying a house in Tahoe.
As you will have no money for that nonsense...
LOL, OK.:rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
To be honest, there is some truth to this post. If the economy takes a shit before 2020, Trump's chances of getting re-elected go way down which would make me very happy. I feel sorry for people that haven't planned for a recession....I didn't in 2008 and got caught with my pants down and lost everything had. This time around I'm ready. At this point a recession might actually help me with my purchasing power.

I don’t think you’ve pulled yore pants up since ‘08.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger . Just telling you , what your party has been telling all of us .
Pay attention .

LOL he keeps forgetting he’s a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, rich, white, middle aged male.

He’s got a boat, cars, truck, house and a cash in his pocket. He’s exactly who they will turn to for more money once they get his vote.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
To be honest, there is some truth to this post. If the economy takes a shit before 2020, Trump's chances of getting re-elected go way down which would make me very happy. I feel sorry for people that haven't planned for a recession....I didn't in 2008 and got caught with my pants down and lost everything had. This time around I'm ready. At this point a recession might actually help me with my purchasing power.

It would decrease his chances of reelection and that's my point. People on the D side would rather see the country in hard times rather than see Trump have a second term.

People who think that way have a real problem and clearly do not have the best interests of the country as a whole at heart.

I know you say stuff to get a rise out of people, Greg, and a lot of the time I think the reactions you get are kind of funny. However, to favor a recession so your buying power would be increased isn't real cool. My buying power would be increased also, but I don't wish for thousands of American families to be struggling and the country to be in a bad position in order for that to happen.

brgrcru

Reaction score
LOL he keeps forgetting he’s a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, rich, white, middle aged male.

He’s got a boat, cars, truck, house and a cash in his pocket. He’s exactly who they will turn to for more money once they get his vote.

Yep , he forgets, he is what they hate the most . White middle aged man , full of White privilege .

FishSniper

Reaction score
Yep , he forgets, he is what they hate the most . White middle aged man , full of White privilege .
Exactly. I find it hard to believe he's truly this big of a moron. Maybe this is his biggest troll job ever cause he can't possibly be this big of an idiot or can he ?

brgrcru

Reaction score
Grads is one of those people that sits behind the speaker of a rally .
That says in a loud voice. " we're going to take your jobs , your home, your cars and boats and guns , maybe even your kids , because we know how to raise them better then you " and all the people are standing and clapping and saying " yes , yes take it all , take our liberty and freedom . Everyone is equal . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HotRod82

Reaction score
First - we are always heading for the next recession which is actually a healthy thing.
Second - Wifey is in NYC right now meeting with bankers, raising money. She asked several heavy hitters what is going on today and all of them responded with a smirk and said "taking profits." There is sooooo much cash floating around out there it's going to continue to remain easy to borrow. With Europe struggling and Hong Kong burning, guess where the capitol goes to hide......right here in the good ol USA. Recession? so what? The sky isn't falling peeps, relax.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It would decrease his chances of reelection and that's my point. People on the D side would rather see the country in hard times rather than see Trump have a second term.

People who think that way have a real problem and clearly do not have the best interests of the country as a whole at heart.

I know you say stuff to get a rise out of people, Greg, and a lot of the time I think the reactions you get are kind of funny. However, to favor a recession so your buying power would be increased isn't real cool. My buying power would be increased also, but I don't wish for thousands of American families to be struggling and the country to be in a bad position in order for that to happen.

You forgot GRADS is a selfish narcissist. His reaction to the hint of recession is totally predictable and expected :)

But we are all opportunists. From waiting for housing, boat, SXS or truck prices to fall, the net-net is the same. At some level we all want to “come up” when others are down. We are all guilty, GRADS is just more free with his expressions of glee at the expense of others.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Exactly. I find it hard to believe he's truly this big of a moron. Maybe this is his biggest troll job ever cause he can't possibly be this big of an idiot or can he ?

He’s just playing to the audience.

GRADS

Reaction score
My buying power would be increased also, but I don't wish for thousands of American families to be struggling and the country to be in a bad position in order for that to happen.
Now you're speaking like a true Democrat....when the economy takes a shit make sure you help out those people in need.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Now you're speaking like a true Democrat....when the economy takes a shit make sure you help out those people in need.

There's a difference. I've made sure my financial situation can survive a recession and others should take responsibility to do the same. It's not my responsibility to help those who didn't prepare, but at the same time I don't wish for others to experience poor circumstances so I can get ahead.

Big difference between holding people accountable for securing their own personal well being versus wishing they would fall on hard times so I can take advantage.

GRADS

Reaction score
There's a difference. I've made sure my financial situation can survive a recession and others should take responsibility to do the same. It's not my responsibility to help those who didn't prepare, but at the same time I don't wish for others to experience poor circumstances so I can get ahead.

Big difference between holding people accountable for securing their own personal well being versus wishing they would fall on hard times so I can take advantage.
So we are one in the same.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
So we are one in the same.

Not exactly. Once again, there is a big difference between holding people accountable for securing their own personal well being versus wishing they would fall on hard times so I can take advantage.

If shit does hit the fan, I would not feel compelled to help others that did not plan ahead. But, I would not hope for shit to hit the fan because I want to take advantage of that situation and because I want the president to fail at all costs, which appears to be your position.

Even you've got to acknowledge that wishing for the country to fail and for citizens of our country to suffer is a terrible thing to hope for, no matter what you stand to gain; financially, politically, or otherwise.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Post #297, you speak of hoping for a recession so your purchase power increases, post #315, you talk of helping people out, like a good Democrate. You appear to be confused, you want peeps to suffer so you can prosper or...... like a Democrate you want to help peeps. You are talking out the side of your neck.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score

I like that point of view. Last go around I had my teeth kicked in. There were quite a few people who "came up" from what I sold. I kept a roof over my head, and the kids were fed. We have since put ourselves in a position where the economy, good or bad, will have limited effect on our existence. If the economy tanks again, sure, I'd love to buy a nice boat. The people I sold my stuff to were the ones who learned from the previous downturns. People learn from history, or it comes right back and smacks them in the teeth.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not exactly. Once again, there is a big difference between holding people accountable for securing their own personal well being versus wishing they would fall on hard times so I can take advantage.

If shit does hit the fan, I would not feel compelled to help others that did not plan ahead. But, I would not hope for shit to hit the fan because I want to take advantage of that situation and because I want the president to fail at all costs, which appears to be your position.

Even you've got to acknowledge that wishing for the country to fail and for citizens of our country to suffer is a terrible thing to hope for, no matter what you stand to gain; financially, politically, or otherwise.

GRADS just wants to blame Trump if there is a recession. Nevermind that if Trump is to blame for recession, he’s also the reason you’ve made all the money you have in the previous 3 years and responsible for all the previous market highs.

GRADS

Reaction score
GRADS just wants to blame Trump if there is a recession. Nevermind that if Trump is to blame for recession, he’s also the reason you’ve made all the money you have in the previous 3 years and responsible for all the previous market highs.
Not even remotely true. I can't even begin to imagine how much I would have made with Hillary.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Bubble... Pop... Repeat...

That’s what the US economy does. If our current market sustained its current rate of growth our children will be spending $200K to get a degree that pays $40K a year out of college and will have to live with their parents into their mid 40’s because starter homes will cost $1M+.

The current recession will be a moderate correction. Home prices will come down and a large number of people who make smart money decisions will finally have the opportunity to get into a home. Those who didn’t blow their wad with their home equity will see the values of their homes bubble again after the recession passes.

The sky isn’t falling. Corrections happen. Trump will be re-elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If you say so....I might know a little bit about this more than you.

And then again you might not.

If you think any president is the actual cause of the natural ebbs and flows of the economy, you don’t.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
And then again you might not.

If you think any president is the actual cause of the natural ebbs and flows of the economy, you don’t.

Would you argue with a child who has Down syndrome?

I didn’t think so.

You’re arguing with the same mental equivalent when you argue with him. There are many more productive things to do with your time. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
GRADS really is a Trump supporter.

MAGA!!

8BF84284-CE34-4AAA-8A82-3F039B6C0515.jpeg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That would be super sweet. And if property values drop enough....hello house in Tahoe!
Well 5 out of the last 6 recessions resulted in higher prices, so don't hold your breath. Mortgage money will be cheap though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
It's cyclical and we were overdue...the volatility of this administration does not exactly help matters though. o_O

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Former Treasury Secretary Larry Summer's quote: "Black Hole monetary economics - interest rates stuck at zero with no real prospect of escape - is now the confident market expectation in Europe and Japan, with essentially zero or negative yields over a generation. The United States is only one recession away from joining them". Traditional tools for stimulating an economy become useless from there. :confused:

Last edited:

guest hs

Reaction score
One of my Techs has an Aunt this is one of Trumps financial advisers and she says there will be a recession in the next 7-8 months. I almost fell it coming. We have had a great year this year until August hit and the bottom has dropped out the entire month!

78Southwind

Reaction score
The central bank said it would offer a series of daily and 14-day term overnight repurchase agreements, or repos, in the coming weeks for an aggregate amount of at least $30 billion each. It also announced daily repos for an aggregate amount of at least $75 billion each until October 10.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...billion-into-market-4th-day-2019-9-1028541586

Repo and Reverse Repo Operations

https://apps.newyorkfed.org/markets...=TRUE&startDate=01/01/2000&enddate=01/01/2000

Fed's Balance Sheet Trend

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/bst_recenttrends.htm

Last edited:

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
there is slow down in the economy but not a recession sorry for the bad news trump still be president and people will keep saying recession is coming just watch the fed will drop the rate again

78Southwind

Reaction score
OPERATING POLICY
Statement Regarding Repurchase Operations
October 23, 2019
The Desk has released an update to the schedule of repurchase agreement (repo) operations for the current monthly period. Consistent with the most recent FOMC directive, to ensure that the supply of reserves remains ample even during periods of sharp increases in non-reserve liabilities, and to mitigate the risk of money market pressures that could adversely affect policy implementation, the amount offered in overnight repo operations will increase to at least $120 billion starting Thursday, October 24, 2019. The amount offered for the term repo operations scheduled for Thursday, October 24 and Tuesday, October 29, 2019, which span October month end, will increase to at least $45 billion.

Detailed information on the schedule and parameters of term and overnight repurchase agreement operations are provided on the Repurchase Agreement Operational Details site.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/...ents/repurchase-agreement-operational-details

GRADS

Reaction score
Just wait for it....I might have prematurely recessionated, but it's coming.

TexasJet

Reaction score
What i find interesting is Trump gets no profs for the booming economy and low unemployment. But if the market hiccups and the talk of a recession starts, it's labeled as "Trump's recession ". I already saw that phrase in the paper.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What i find interesting is Trump gets no profs for the booming economy and low unemployment. But if the market hiccups and the talk of a recession starts, it's labeled as "Trump's recession ". I already saw that phrase in the paper.

Not seeing anything on the horizon, at least in housing. It is freaking crazy out there. Feels like spring buying season. Record low inventory and buyers out in masses. We are back to houses going under contract in a matter of days with 7 offers on them.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
The economy is extremely good. Trump is doing what we put him in office to do. With the idiot runners for the democratic nominee, I see at least 4 more years.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Just wait for it....I might have prematurely recessionated, but it's coming.

Don't feel all alone
I did that premature thing once.... a bit embarrassing, Had to promptly change my chonies....

Motor Boater

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious! Predict a crash and just keep updating it for years on end until it actually happens (which it will) and then say “see I told you so”. LOL. It’s a market!!! Markets go up and down. History tells us the market will go up and down. It’s a sure thing.

I’m going to make a couple predictions here:

I predict that I will need to put gas in my car. It may not be today or tomorrow but at some point it will happen. LOL.

I predict you all will get a cold. It may not be today or this year or next year but you will get the sniffles in the years to come. And when you do “I told you so”.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I predict you will all go broke boating.

Oh wait that already happened.

Nevermind. Bad example. :D

This thread is hilarious! Predict a crash and just keep updating it for years on end until it actually happens (which it will) and then say “see I told you so”. LOL. It’s a market!!! Markets go up and down. History tells us the market will go up and down. It’s a sure thing.

I’m going to make a couple predictions here:

I predict that I will need to put gas in my car. It may not be today or tomorrow but at some point it will happen. LOL.

I predict you all will get a cold. It may not be today or this year or next year but you will get the sniffles in the years to come. And when you do “I told you so”.

GRADS

Reaction score
Looks like I might have prematurely recessionated. 😂 So maybe I was a year early.