WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tighten your belts people...

FishSniper

Reaction score
Looks like I might have prematurely recessionated. 😂 So maybe I was a year early.
This is nothing compared to what you will see it any of your candidates were to get elected. The good news is that has slim to no chance of happening.

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
I saw the last recession coming in early 2006 and tried to prepare...it didn't matter, still lost everything. I see similar signs lately.

I can't help but agree. It was far too good, for far too long. There are other factors involved, but The last Recession and it's Aftermath in Construction in SoCal was devastating. Also Nationwide.

From over 1million SFHomes in Ca. alone in 2000, to numbers well below that Nationwide. For years now. 2020 is the first year projected housing starts are forecast to exceed 1 million units annually.
SFH figures in Ca, not even close.

Let that sink in...

This last recession changed the face of the Construction Industry in California. And Nationwide.

It will never be the same...

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is nothing compared to what you will see it any of your candidates were to get elected. The good news is that has slim to none chance of happening.
One of the analysts I follow said that part if the sell off had to do with Bernies strong numbers. Coronavirus is obviously the big deal, but the election numbers are underlying. Bernie wins and the market will tank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
One of the analysts I follow said that part if the sell off had to do with Bernies strong numbers. Coronavirus is obviously the big deal, but the election numbers are underlying. Bernie wins and the market will tank.

yep, my money guy said 40-60 decline in market value.
some analysts are saying worst recession our generation will ever see and it could last 10-15 years if Bernie gets elected.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
yep, my money guy said 40-60 decline in market value.
some analysts are saying worst recession our generation will ever see and it could last 10-15 years if Bernie gets elected.
Yep. Part of his plan is to tax high frequency traders, per trade. Foreign investment in the US market would be gone overnight......all of our retirement accounts will be gutted and a bunch of assholes who took out student loans they couldn't afford, will have their debt forgiven.

#feelthebern

FML

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Real Estate will still be strong though as rates will plummet even more than they already have. Mortgage backed securities were already reacting this week to the notion that the FED will run out of treasuriesto buy.......

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Real Estate will still be strong though as rates will plummet even more than they already have. Mortgage backed securities were already reacting this week to the notion that the FED will run out of treasuriesto buy.......

How quickly, if continuing the current trend, will this effect the home loan market? Does this mean lower interest, but harder to secure finance? Or, would things stay somewhat the same on that end, but the inflation would make it difficult?

The reason I ask is this: I have a friend that just "green tagged" a home he built. They used a construction loan to do so. Now the bank has to clear it. I think when that happens, they still have to appraise the final, and refinance.They took too long to build, and now things are down to the wire...but the horizon looks sketchy. I was curious what would happen to them before, now I fear what may happen if things get weird.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

:rolleyes: Oh please, there's not one person in this country that thinks Sanders could actually beat Trump.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Looks like I might have prematurely recessionated. 😂 So maybe I was a year early.
So you’re hanging your wannabe Nostradamus like prediction on the fact some dirty Chinese people cooked up and ate some bat wing soup, added in an obvious attempt by nefarious entities to negatively impact millions of Americans and their investment/retirement accounts, all to derail the fact we’re doing better so you can elect someone else. My question is why??? The “why” lies solely in the fact you and everyone who thinks like you can’t see the forest for the trees. You’d rather see this country fail, which makes you a giant piece of shit.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
How quickly, if continuing the current trend, will this effect the home loan market? Does this mean lower interest, but harder to secure finance? Or, would things stay somewhat the same on that end, but the inflation would make it difficult?

The reason I ask is this: I have a friend that just "green tagged" a home he built. They used a construction loan to do so. Now the bank has to clear it. I think when that happens, they still have to appraise the final, and refinance.They took too long to build, and now things are down to the wire...but the horizon looks sketchy. I was curious what would happen to them before, now I fear what may happen if things get weird.
10 YR TSY is at 1.08 right now in overnight trading. This is uncharted territory. This massive drop in yield guarantees and emergency FED cut this week. It may not be enough to stabilize the credit markets.

Lenders will protect their investors and keep the mortgage market solvent, by not improving rate sheets.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
3/1/20 Sunday Evening
“U.S. stock market futures rallied from steep initial losses late Sunday, suggesting a pause to the selloff when trading begins Monday, following the worst week on Wall Street since 2008.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
3/1/20 Sunday Evening
“U.S. stock market futures rallied from steep initial losses late Sunday, suggesting a pause to the selloff when trading begins Monday, following the worst week on Wall Street since 2008.
DOW futures down about 200 points last time I checked. Market knows that FED will intervene.

MSum661

Reaction score
3/1/20 Sunday Evening

Lower High's,
Lower Low's.

Can't fight the trend.

530RL

Reaction score
The fed needs to be careful.or they are gonna run out of runway. Rates should have never stayed this low. They should.have risen slowly with the market. Now where do they go?

3D2442DD-816A-4CE8-AE4F-C2122A14AC6A.png

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
The fed needs to be careful.or they are gonna run out of runway. Rates should have never stayed this low. They should.have risen slowly with the market. Now where do they go?
That's how I see it...but I am niether a banker nor a baller. From what I remember of high school economics, at some point inflation or hyper inflation start kicking our ass too. Like OSB said above, this is uncharted territory.
No matter which side of the aisle, it will effect you. The ones who hope this will ruin Trump, seem short sighted. It will effect them. Shit rolls downhill. The well off will cry first, making the poor happy. When the poor cry, they seem to not understand why.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Bernie and a couple of his supporters think he can.

I recall agreeing with EVERYONE that obama Could ever win. I do not trust our Election Process and who is running it. There is no one who can convince me that it is this difficult. I mean putting a Man on the Moon, Heart Transplants =YES. Not an Election they are making it complex and much harder than it should ever be.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I recall agreeing with EVERYONE that obama Could ever win. I do not trust our Election Process and who is running it. There is no one who can convince me that it is this difficult. I mean putting a Man on the Moon, Heart Transplants =YES. Not an Election they are making it complex and much harder than it should ever be.

I don’t trust it either.. you have candidates that can’t fill a school gymnasium, and Trump filling stadiums and somehow the vote willl come down to 50/50..

I believe there is massive voter fraud going on somewhere

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I don’t trust it either.. you have candidates that can’t fill a school gymnasium, and Trump filling stadiums and somehow the vote willl come down to 50/50..

I believe there is massive voter fraud going on somewhere
Heard something on the radio that all newly registered voters in California automatically get signed as dems. You must change it if you wish. It made me wonder what other states do. If that is the case, why would that be:rolleyes:

Trust no one in charge, and that includes the ones who think they're in charge as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Heard something on the radio that all newly registered voters in California automatically get signed as dems. You must change it if you wish. It made me wonder what other states do. If that is the case, why would that be:rolleyes:

Trust no one in charge, and that includes the ones who think they're in charge as well.

yes my friends were receiving Ballots with zero r candidates on them..

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’m a Democrat and my ballot had both Republican and Democrat candidates.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

mill have to go back and find it.. but I had several friends in fb asking wtf when their pre ballots arrived.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score

I think this was for recently registered people, but I don't know. It was something they had said on the radio may have been tied in with changes made to the system there.
I'm all for people voting for whoever or whatever they want. That's the whole point of a democracy. Just be truthful in the explanations...and both sides may need some help there. My sphere of influence has primarily been effected by those on the right. They have paid me, so I could pay others. When they do good, I do good. Thus, it is in my best interests to vote with them. We all should have our own reasons for how we vote. It should not be lemmings to the sea.
yes my friends were receiving Ballots with zero r candidates on them..

spectras only

Reaction score
Maybe Putin really doing a good job interfering with the election as a tit for tat for the downfall of the CCCP in 1989.;) He seem to have a lot of backers in the US:eek:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think this was for recently registered people, but I don't know. It was something they had said on the radio may have been tied in with changes made to the system there.
I'm all for people voting for whoever or whatever they want. That's the whole point of a democracy. Just be truthful in the explanations...and both sides may need some help there. My sphere of influence has primarily been effected by those on the right. They have paid me, so I could pay others. When they do good, I do good. Thus, it is in my best interests to vote with them. We all should have our own reasons for how we vote. It should not be lemmings to the sea.

We should all vote for the interests of the country and not for our own interests!

people voting for free money is how we got into this mess.. They are too blind to see nothing is free.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
We should all vote for the interests of the country and not for our own interests!

people voting for free money is how we got into this mess.. They are too blind to see nothing is free.
In my eyes, I do both. The country does well, people make money. People make money, they spend it. If they do well, they spend it on "extra" stuff...and that extra stuff is paying me to do stuff ;)

Reaganomics 101...trickle down economics. In my case in particular, it has proven quite true.

Rbcconst

Reaction score

There will be a lot of dems voting Trump or not voting at all. Only the far far right will vote for one of these nuts! They will surly do it privately but none the less we wont feel the Bern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Fed just announced a half point drop...biggest since 08. Market doing the rally thing right now. The next few weeks will be telling.

MSum661

Reaction score
Fed just announced a half point drop...biggest since 08. Market doing the rally thing right now. The next few weeks will be telling.

That was a stupid move. Markets will go Red and it will be viewed as the wrong move at this time.
Stay in cash.
jmo.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
That was a stupid move. Markets will go Red and it will be viewed as the wrong move at this time.
Stay in cash.
jmo.
I agree. It seems more of a panic move, stoking the ongoing fear. The market does not effect me directly, no investments to speak of. The market does effect the economy in general. I learned in 08, that it does effect me via the ripple effect. That was a harsh lesson, and now I pay more attention.

CLA

Reaction score
Boom, the fed cut rates. Keep socializing this monetary system...….damn we are screwed.

530RL

Reaction score

What do they know that we don't know?

What data do they have that we don't yet have?

cofooter

Reaction score
What do they know that we don't know?

What data do they have that we don't yet have?
Nothing. Under political pressure to stop the bleeding, problem is this does nothing to address the root cause of the problem.

brgrcru

Reaction score
okay who's ready for a tax increase in california . I'm sure the idiots will vote for more taxes . Fucking scum bags .

nameisbond

Reaction score
The cycle of recession has been every US president has to deal with one. I don't believe Trump will be any different. Difference between, me and Grads, I don't want Trump to fail solely because I don't like him. I like Trump and have since he first announced running.

I live frugal, to save cash and buy more gold. I'll be investing after the enviable stock crash in junior gold stocks and more physical gold. I'm predicating gold will crash with stocks, but will recover quicker. Eventually will lead the way out of recession and hit all time highs. I'll cash out and pick up land on the cheap.

FishSniper

Reaction score
okay who's ready for a tax increase in california . I'm sure the idiots will vote for more taxes . Fucking scum bags .
After the idiots didn’t repeal the gas tax I fear you are likeky right.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Y'all please remember to VOTE NO on Prop. 13 here in California this time around. It is NOT going to be good for anyone.

motormonkey

Reaction score
2 ways to look at this.
1. If you want the US to trade with the rest of the world we have to flex with the world market.
2. Raise interest rates and watch the economy tank as Housing is tied directly to rates. Inflated housing prices with low rates is good. Inflated prices with high interest, you know the outcome.
You also know banks trade at different rates than we get
Just my short veiw as we are a world traded market. Inflation has been in effect for a while.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I agree. It seems more of a panic move, stoking the ongoing fear. The market does not effect me directly, no investments to speak of. The market does effect the economy in general. I learned in 08, that it does effect me via the ripple effect. That was a harsh lesson, and now I pay more attention.

What does paying close attention do for you?:confused:

nameisbond

Reaction score
The stock market is going to keep going down, it will rally a few times on the way. But within the next ten days, it will be way down.