Tighten your belts people...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Bumping to stoke the fears...daddy needs a new house in Tahoe.👍

78Southwind

Reaction score
Bumping to stoke the fears...daddy needs a new house in Tahoe.👍

Did you start tracking the ones you're interested in, asking for a friend? Just saying, but Tahoe would probably be a great place for a vacation rental.

Last edited:

FishSniper

Reaction score
The stock market is going to keep going down, it will rally a few times on the way. But within the next ten days, it will be way down.
Judging by the futures and ten year treasury right now looks like tommorow could be very ugly.

MSum661

Reaction score
10 yr. @ 0.5 (Daaaamn!!)
Oil down 20% since the close on Friday.
Dow down 1,070 rebounding back from down 1,400 from Fridays close.
And cash is King!

MSum661

Reaction score
Damn, S & P 500 futures are already down over 4%...

The S&P futures actually dropped down 5% which tripped the limit down rule.
Once the markets open NYSE circuit breakers will work like this...Trading halts for 15 minutes if the S&P 500 falls 7% to 2,764 at any time before 3:25 p.m. ET. Another 15-minute pause is triggered if losses reaches 13% 2,586. If the decline hits 20% 2,377.9, markets will close for the day.

J.P.

Reaction score
Going down more, tighten your belt more.

MSum661

Reaction score
DOW, NASD and S&P futures have tripped the limit down rule.
Could likely will see a 15-min trading halt within minutes of the market opening.

MSum661

Reaction score
Dow Futures just Blew through 23K and deep into 22K and I would bet tomorrow we see a 21k Handle.
Buying opp's will be enormous in the coming weeks and months if sitting ready.

MSum661

Reaction score
NASDAQ already stopped out at "Limit Down"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Trump is giving money to sba to ensure liquidity to all the over leveraged businesses. 1 in 6 publicly traded companies cannot afford their debt service before Corona virus. If they cannot refinance they will be forced into bankruptcy. Shits gonna get real fast unless this calms down quickly.

MSum661

Reaction score
Trump is giving money to sba to ensure liquidity to all the over leveraged businesses. 1 in 6 publicly traded companies cannot afford their debt service before Corona virus. If they cannot refinance they will be forced into bankruptcy. Shits gonna get real fast unless this calms down quickly.

The shorts would have attacked the weak balance sheets of co.s anyway. Was Just a matter of time given the circumstances.
So its a good thing TRUMP did this to help mitigate the looming carnage. He saw it coming.
jmo.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You guys might want to break out a nail and hammer to pound another hole in the belt.

78Southwind

Reaction score

Orange Juice

Reaction score
If you've been on this plant for over 1/2 a century, you've been through a few recessions. The best part about recessions are the fire sales that follow.

First time I’ve started to look at the boat ads in a while. With fuel prices going down, a motor home might be good too.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
As factories around the world shutter, entire populations get quarantined, and consumers lock their wallets tighter than their front doors, thousands of companies are facing deep earnings cuts.

Which brings up a huge problem. Last year, outstanding debt held by non-finance corporations hit a record $13.5 trillion, according to an OECD report. A growing portion of that is held in riskier bonds, and experts worry an economic crisis spurred by coronavirus could send corporations on cost-cutting sprees or to default.

How we got here
Corporations issue bonds to raise money. And high-quality corporate bonds are considered relatively safe investments.

• What counts as high-quality? Rating agencies like S&P, Fitch, and Moody’s rank bonds by a company’s creditworthiness, from investment-grade to junk.
In the years after the financial crisis, corporations loaded up on debt. Today, an estimated one-in-six U.S. companies don’t have the cash flow to cover interest payments, a Morgan Stanley analyst told the FT.

And there’s more junk than ever: In the last decade, about one-fifth of new bonds issued were below investment-grade.

When junk hits the fan
Because of the coronavirus, investors are shedding riskier assets like a Great Pyrenees heading into spring. This week’s oil price war accelerated the sell-off in the energy industry, which accounts for the largest share of the U.S. junk bond market.

• Energy companies have about $88 billion in bonds due this year, and analysts expect defaults to surpass 2016 levels.
Rating agencies are watching particularly vulnerable industries like auto, airlines, and hospitality. S&P put Nashville's Ryman Hospitality Properties on a credit rating watch after massive cancellations threatened to whack revenue by $40 million.

Big picture: Last year, the IMF warned a crisis half as severe as the 2008 recession could put 40% of corporate debt at risk. If the pandemic makes it harder for companies to make interest payments, they might need to lean on cost-cutting measures like layoffs or pulling investments.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The Royal Bank Of Canada, CIBC (RBC is Canada's biggest bank, CIBC is also large) and Bank Of America, all announced today they believe Canada will enter a recession this year.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
As factories around the world shutter, entire populations get quarantined, and consumers lock their wallets tighter than their front doors, thousands of companies are facing deep earnings cuts.

Which brings up a huge problem. Last year, outstanding debt held by non-finance corporations hit a record $13.5 trillion, according to an OECD report. A growing portion of that is held in riskier bonds, and experts worry an economic crisis spurred by coronavirus could send corporations on cost-cutting sprees or to default.

How we got here
Corporations issue bonds to raise money. And high-quality corporate bonds are considered relatively safe investments.

• What counts as high-quality? Rating agencies like S&P, Fitch, and Moody’s rank bonds by a company’s creditworthiness, from investment-grade to junk.
In the years after the financial crisis, corporations loaded up on debt. Today, an estimated one-in-six U.S. companies don’t have the cash flow to cover interest payments, a Morgan Stanley analyst told the FT.

And there’s more junk than ever: In the last decade, about one-fifth of new bonds issued were below investment-grade.

When junk hits the fan
Because of the coronavirus, investors are shedding riskier assets like a Great Pyrenees heading into spring. This week’s oil price war accelerated the sell-off in the energy industry, which accounts for the largest share of the U.S. junk bond market.

• Energy companies have about $88 billion in bonds due this year, and analysts expect defaults to surpass 2016 levels.
Rating agencies are watching particularly vulnerable industries like auto, airlines, and hospitality. S&P put Nashville's Ryman Hospitality Properties on a credit rating watch after massive cancellations threatened to whack revenue by $40 million.

Big picture: Last year, the IMF warned a crisis half as severe as the 2008 recession could put 40% of corporate debt at risk. If the pandemic makes it harder for companies to make interest payments, they might need to lean on cost-cutting measures like layoffs or pulling investments.

Yup this is what I have been saying for a year. Corporate debt market needed a match to explode. They just got carpet bombed with napalm... Fed released a trillion yesterday to fund liquidity Trump released 200bn two days ago to the sba. As long as these companies can refi the debt they can hold the line.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Honda has just re-opened a factory in China.
Other carmakers are expected to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

78Southwind

Reaction score
I wasn't going to post this but this interview pretty much sums it up for me (but who am I). As stated last year my hopes were that the S&P 500 would come back to the 2200 range and consolidate from there with some slower growth in the market. This would clear some of the gaps and retrace some of those important levels in the S&P 500. This would build some confidence for those that got out of the stock market to slowly return back to the stock market. However, it looks like pension funds and corporate buy backs won't let it happen. Instead we got the V-shaped recovery.

We had a black-out of corporate buy backs in the last 30 days and the market didn't go down at all (I am not yet sure what happened there). My fear is that the smart-money will come back heavy into the market and the mom and pops will follow holding the bags when everything takes a hit. I don't think the delayed trade deal will pull back the S&P 500 as far as it needs to come back unless there is a full on trade war. Which at that point the Fed will drop rates and if that doesn't work they will bring on more welfare for the wealthy, QE.

If nothing dramatic happens in the next four months it will be interesting to see what happens when the Fed stops QT in September. This may be the catalyst that brings the smart-money heavily back into the stock market followed by the mom and pops. This could create euphoria in the stock market that I haven't yet seen in 2019. I look at my everyday life for examples of this, for example when I was in Costco back in early December of 2017 and the stock people were talking about investing in Bitcoin. I figured Bitcoin must be close to a top and sure enough we saw what happened. In late August of 2018 a friend of mine who knows nothing about investing and who has never invested in anything was talking about investing in Apple and sure enough that was the near all time high for Apple. But most important don't follow anything that I write cause I am just guessing.:D

Well we are here...

Looks like the Fed is ready to backstop corporate bonds and stocks at least at the primary dealer level. I tried to find out where the numbers were last week but I can't find them. They haven't updated the Fed Balance Sheet either.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/monetary20200317b.htm

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/bst_recenttrends.htm

78Southwind

Reaction score

nameisbond

Reaction score
Canada is in worse shape, we have Trudeau after all. Jobless claims hit 1million last week. Considering our population is 30 million people, 1 million jobless claims in one week is great depression numbers.

Gold will now do great with the fed printing like crazy and the US going to helicopter money, i.e. checks for Americans. For the US and the world economies its now inflate or die. They can over inflate and again good for gold. we could see hyperinflation.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
If it happens I hope home prices drop to what they were 8 or so years ago so I can buy my first house and not worry about getting bent over.
Prices will drop but interest rates will be ridiculous