The 21' and under 70+ mph Boat pic thread

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
IMG_2046.jpeg

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Out at the River this week and went into Parker this morning to meet Dan Beaver who owns the ford dealership.
The family has owned it for 105 years!
His Dad, Marion was an active Boat racer in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.
He also organized the first Enduro.
They still have 2 of his boats from that period and have been under cover at least 40 years.
Incredible barn find. They are willing to donate them to the Museum for the Long Beach display!
Uncovered them to take a look.
Amazing!😎

Uncle Gummy is a 225 HydroPlane that was a multi time high point champion and a kilo record holder as well.

View attachment 1248311
View attachment 1248312 View attachment 1248313 View attachment 1248314 View attachment 1248315 View attachment 1248320 View attachment 1248316 View attachment 1248320
View attachment 1248323
Dave, is that a 215 Buick? The Nail Head is easy to identify but the front cover with the canted distributor i had not seen before. Did a little digging and found what looks to be the same set up 61-63 215 w/ Aluminum block and heads... My Dad ran 401's in his Cracker and then his wood decker in 65' or so. Look forward to seeing these boats in Long Beach!

Clank123

Reaction score
Dave, is that a 215 Buick? The Nail Head is easy to identify but the front cover with the canted distributor i had not seen before. Did a little digging and found what looks to be the same set up 61-63 215 w/ Aluminum block and heads... My Dad ran 401's in his Cracker and then his wood decker in 65' or so. Look forward to seeing these boats in Long Beach!
I was pretty intrigued by the little fella as well!
It is indeed a 215 all aluminum Buick.
I took a picture of the block numbers and confirmed it is a 1962 “HI” block.
The front cover placement of the Distributor is proper as well.
I asked about the Autolite carburetor on it and was told it used to have a Holley but the guy that was tuning it preferred the AL because he was a Ford mechanic!
Hopefully I can get the museum to take over the caretaking of these amazing pieces of boat racing history!
Sounds like your Dad had some cool boats!👍

Taboma

Reaction score
I asked about the Autolite carburetor on it and was told it used to have a Holley but the guy that was tuning it preferred the AL because he was a Ford mechanic!
Hopefully I can get the museum to take over the caretaking of these amazing pieces of boat racing history!
Had the Oldsmobile version of that 215CI/4bbl in my '63 F-85 2dr Cutlass with a 4spd. Damn thing was a hoot to drive, but eventually had problems with the aluminum block not appreciating the anti-freeze and the radiator getting clogged. Had the radiator cleaned out, switched anti-freeze and drove it like I stole it, until I traded it in on a '67 SS 396 El Camino.
I couldn't believe how many more years that engine went on in various forms with Rover.

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
Not sure on the Revenge, next picture, Magic Dragon, Lou Sims Owner, my Dad Don Sammons Driver.,,Gear Up, Roy Doby(he was a pilot) Owner/Driver…Hot Damn Hondo, Peggy Brendel Owner, Sonny Jones Driver..,Panic!, Herschel Qualls, Owner/Driver
What year is Roy Doby's boat in that picture ?

Clank123

Reaction score
What year is Roy Doby's boat in that picture ?
I’m going to say late 75 or1976.
The boat pictured is still in Ski Modified trim(2 seats, single carburetor).
He started with a Sanger in 74 or so in SM and made the switch to Hondo.
Soon after this picture was taken he stepped up to Unblown Gas with a Chevy and then went to a Hemi.
Always ran hard.
0F5CE572-23F5-4C16-A844-AD6CE0EF1276.jpeg

2466CFFA-39E7-4C01-945D-E8E9A389C516.jpeg

New hull.
E99D13C0-A6A0-4B99-9DF1-76035475618C.jpeg

Last edited:

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
I’m going to say late 75 or1976.
The boat pictured is still in Ski Modified trim(2 seats, single carburetor).
He started with a Sanger in 74 or so in SM and made the switch to Hondo.
Soon after this picture was taken he stepped up to Unblown Gas with a Chevy and then went to a Hemi.
Always ran hard.
View attachment 1249520
View attachment 1249521

New hull.
View attachment 1249522
Thanks for posting those pictures. I must have the 2nd hull then, and its the '76.
I wasn't seeing the GT deck on #241's photo.
Glad y'all saved all these pictures !

Mod

gu-jpg.1248135

Last edited:

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I lost my Dad last December, and daily I still think to my self "hey Dad would dig that, I gotta call him"... he left me with a hell of gift, I will be the care taker of his Wood Decker, this was our family boat from 65' to 80'. In 79' or so the wood decker went into the shop and he and my brother bought a 69 Sanger with a Boss 429... I was a lucky little shit growing up with some cool stuff and a Dad who passed on a passion.
craker box 65.jpg
image1.jpg
IMG_0017[1].jpg

sintax

Reaction score
Man.... King is always such a legend.

amazing selection of hardware right there.

Reactions: DUN

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
What Hull is this ?

dsc07451-jpg.1252046

It's a Lil Biesemeyer which was a later narrower version of Julian's Super flat bottom. A distinctive visual difference is the sharp cap line.

I'm going to copy paste Billy B's history lesson on these from an old PB forum post.

"Julian & Paul Edwards who owned Biesemeyer had saturated the market with the "Big Boat". Julian at the time, was dominating most of the races with that boat, so they decided it was time to build a new model. The "Lil Biesemeyer" was built. Julian felt he could go out & win, again, with this boat. And by doing so, stimulate sales. I believe Julian built these for about 3yrs or so before retiring. The mold & name "Biesemeyer" were bought by Norm Brown. He also brought over Ray Brown with the purchase. Norm kept the company going until he sold the mold to Ray around 1986 or 87. Which is where the name change came into play. Norm wanted alot of $$$ for the name "Biesemeyer". Ray wouldn't pay it. The "BEZER" name was born...Ray built several boats out of the mold until he retired. Ray has since passed {R.I.P) .

Contrary to belief, the only difference in size, is the transom. Cockpit, deck, beam, strake placement, etc, are the same."

R.B. Boats 1988.jpg

IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG

Brian

Reaction score
It's a Lil Biesemeyer which was a later narrower version of Julian's Super flat bottom. A distinctive visual difference is the sharp cap line.

I'm going to copy paste Billy B's history lesson on these from an old PB forum post.

"Julian & Paul Edwards who owned Biesemeyer had saturated the market with the "Big Boat". Julian at the time, was dominating most of the races with that boat, so they decided it was time to build a new model. The "Lil Biesemeyer" was built. Julian felt he could go out & win, again, with this boat. And by doing so, stimulate sales. I believe Julian built these for about 3yrs or so before retiring. The mold & name "Biesemeyer" were bought by Norm Brown. He also brought over Ray Brown with the purchase. Norm kept the company going until he sold the mold to Ray around 1986 or 87. Which is where the name change came into play. Norm wanted alot of $$$ for the name "Biesemeyer". Ray wouldn't pay it. The "BEZER" name was born...Ray built several boats out of the mold until he retired. Ray has since passed {R.I.P) .

Contrary to belief, the only difference in size, is the transom. Cockpit, deck, beam, strake placement, etc, are the same."

View attachment 1252098

View attachment 1252099 View attachment 1252100 View attachment 1252101 View attachment 1252102
Didn't this boat get crashed a few years ago too?

Vamodsquad

Reaction score

View attachment 1252098

View attachment 1252099 View attachment 1252100 View attachment 1252101 View attachment 1252102
Thank you. That's why I asked. I would have been wrong. Something about it made me think it was an old Lavey Craft.