WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is he was taking a different line than the exact course and either hit something or broke something or both. No idea because it was an odd area to wreck the way he did. I imagine he was doing at or near 100mph where he wrecked. We were doing high 80’s in our Turbo S in that section. Robby’s car is way faster than ours.

Well...

You know my feelings on being fast...

I'll take dependability over Speed every time.

Congrats on an excellent finish. Missed the podium by, That much!

😁

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Well...

You know my feelings on being fast...

I'll take dependability over Speed every time.

Congrats on an excellent finish. Missed the position by, That much!

😁

Not a bad overall either at 12th out of 96 vehicles entered. We’ll take the 4th in class and the 12th overall happily with our little team.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don’t know.. I went to Ensenada yesterday though and there were plenty at the finish line that had completed the race so?

No shit?

Define plenty...

5? 10? 100?

Be nice to have first hand info. 👍🏼

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Look up the race results it will show you what cars finished and which DNF.
Thanks for that informative post.

96ooqu.jpg

😁😁😁

DLC

Reaction score
Went by the International Speed Center in Havasu today -

I was looking for a AGM jack mount, they didn’t have what I was looking for…..
Only peeps there were me and the Check Out gal.
A few cars out back w/ Speed Covers - maybe 20 -25 cars

I got 2 FREE Speed drinks !

Thanks RG !

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Robby was going about 75 he said when he hit the big washout ditch thats on the lane he was in. He said it was a bit foggy and just hit it and it was done.

Super fun course though and once again just proved that the Pro R is THE BEST out of the box utv platform out there right now. The only UTV in the whole race that beat us was a Maverick R full race car build with PJ Jones driving. They got us by 2 min.

Im working on uploading the full race incar so ill link it when done.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Robby was going about 75 he said when he hit the big washout ditch thats on the lane he was in. He said it was a bit foggy and just hit it and it was done.

Super fun course though and once again just proved that the Pro R is THE BEST out of the box utv platform out there right now. The only UTV in the whole race that beat us was a Maverick R full race car build with PJ Jones driving. They got us by 2 min.

Im working on uploading the full race incar so I’ll link it when done.
You mean your not a full tube chassis car with carbon fiber and major race parts? lol

Agree best car out of the box is the pro R it smokes the speed in speed and handling

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You mean your not a full tube chassis car with carbon fiber and major race parts? lol

Agree best car out of the box is the pro R it smokes the speed in speed and handling

The Speed and ProR race in different classes. The Evolution Production Turbo Class (Speed) doesn’t compete with Evolution Production 2000cc class (ProR).

I mean, a Speed car did win its class. There were some shenanigans I don’t agree with but Todd drove around us twice and we drove around him twice. He was consistently fast both days. I won’t swipe at him that he won. It’s difficult to Podium when the big names all show up to win $20k.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
The Speed and ProR race in different classes. The Evolution Production Turbo Class (Speed) doesn’t compete with Evolution Production 2000cc class (ProR).

I mean, a Speed car did win its class. There were some shenanigans I don’t agree with but Todd drove around us twice and we drove around him twice. He was consistently fast both days. I won’t swipe at him that he won. It’s difficult to Podium when the big names all show up to win $20k.
Yeah but he’s in the game changing SPEED and you’re in a 3year old out dated race car thats no longer in production.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Speeds
5 out of 14 DNF

Fastest was TR 8h 26 min
Slowest finisher was 17h 32 min

TR was 3rd in class
4th was a turbo s 4 min behind TR

Fish was 8h 7 min second in class. (Total Bs as there was a 10car 7h 53 min, only 10 car in class )

Only 1 pro R didn’t finish
2 can ams didn’t finish x3 and mav r

11 total can am entered
14 pro r entered
@Fishd00d got robbed

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
The shenanigans mentioned above are one of the many reasons offroad racing with all the various sanctioning bodies cant get there shit together to make it a bigger industry with some real value going back to the racers that pour many hours and cash to get their car on the podium.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The shenanigans mentioned above are one of the many reasons offroad racing with all the various sanctioning bodies cant get there shit together to make it a bigger industry with some real value going back to the racers that pour many hours and cash to get their car on the podium.
1000%

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yeah but he’s in the game changing SPEED and you’re in a 3year old out dated race car thats no longer in production.

I get what you’re saying and don’t disagree but there’s a lot more to it than I think most people realize.

Rally racing, like NORRA, is a lot of strategy mixed with skill from both the right and left seats. You can have a lesser car and be competitive if you have solid people in the car and you intelligently play the rally type racing chess match and your navigator does his job before & during the race finding every place to trim time on the course and your driver does his job when the flag waves go.

Todd has RG who is arguably one of the best at strategically approaching a race.

Score series type racing can be a bit more challenging with an older platform like ours as there’s no stage racing like NORRA does but you still need good left and right seats that can actually do their jobs.

Hell, we won the Baja 1000 in our class last year with the Honda/Janesky team (which we’re doing again next month) in a Honda Talon that was way outperformed by the second place finisher that was a N/A Polaris RZR. Our Honda team is lead by a Baja racing legend which made all the difference and his strategy.

The other desert series I don’t know much about as many of them are lap racing and that is boring as hell to my teammate and I. Nothing wrong with the racing and they’re no less challenging just not my cup of tea.

For now we’ll have fun doing it with the older platform, which is cheaper $ but isn’t cheap$$, and laughing our asses off doing it. The competitors have been awesome to us and our program and we enjoy that aspect.

Floaterboat

Reaction score
Speeds
5 out of 14 DNF

Fastest was TR 8h 26 min

TR was 3rd in class

Fish was 8h 7 min second in class. (Total Bs as there was a 10car 7h 53 min, only 10 car in class )

11 total can am entered
14 pro r entered
@Fishd00d got robbed

No, Fish obviously didn’t read the rule book for his combined class and is whining because he lost.

The irony is thick enough to cut with a sawzall.

Fishd00d

Reaction score

They are all racing for the UTV overall trophy so they are competing for that.

Speed car did not win its class, PJ Jones in his Maverick R won the Turbo class......

Reactions: DWC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Speeds
5 out of 14 DNF

Fastest was TR 8h 26 min

TR was 3rd in class

11 total can am entered
14 pro r entered
@Fishd00d got robbed

We didn’t do to bad in our older car in 4th lol

We could’ve run the Open class and likely would have won the class but, fuck that, we’ll go race with the big dogs lol

Fishd00d

Reaction score
No, Fish obviously didn’t read the rule book for his combined class and is whining because he lost.

The irony is thick enough to cut with a sawzall.
I know the rules and I don't agree with the rules. It makes no sense to race a UTV against a CLASS 10 car in the same Class. What other series does a class 10 car race in the same class? Jose G who runs SCORE chased for us all weekend and he couldn't believe it himself lol

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They are all racing for the UTV overall trophy so they are competing for that.

Speed car did not win its class, PJ Jones in his Maverick R won the Turbo class......

I don’t know why I said that. I meant Speed podiumed. PJ was a beast on the course. Congrats to him. They killed it and deserved it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I know the rules and I don't agree with the rules. It makes no sense to race a UTV against a CLASS 10 car in the same Class. What other series does a class 10 car race in the same class? Jose G who runs SCORE chased for us all weekend and he couldn't believe it himself lol

I never understood that either. RG thinks the ProR is a 10 car, no way.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying and don’t disagree but there’s a lot more to it than I think most people realize.

Rally racing, like NORRA, is a lot of strategy mixed with skill from both the right and left seats. You can have a lesser car and be competitive if you have solid people in the car and you intelligently play the rally type racing chess match and your navigator does his job before & during the race finding every place to trim time on the course and your driver does his job when the flag waves go.

Todd has RG who is arguably one of the best at strategically approaching a race.

Score series type racing can be a bit more challenging with an older platform like ours as there’s no stage racing like NORRA does but you still need good left and right seats that can actually do their jobs.

Hell, we won the Baja 1000 in our class last year with the Honda/Janesky team (which we’re doing again next month) in a Honda Talon that was way outperformed by the second place finisher that was a N/A Polaris RZR. Our Honda team is lead by a Baja racing legend which made all the difference and his strategy.

The other desert series I don’t know much about as many of them are lap racing and that is boring as hell to my teammate and I. Nothing wrong with the racing and they’re no less challenging just not my cup of tea.

For now we’ll have fun doing it with the older platform, which is cheaper $ but isn’t cheap$$, and laughing our asses off doing it. The competitors have been awesome to us and our program and we enjoy that aspect.
I have a turbo S just having fun with speed fanboys.

I can only imagine the hard work that goes into a race like this or any score series race. I only raced motocross and district 37 motorcycles so I just had to deal with myself. You guys are on a whole other level and someday I’ll get there.

lf2

Reaction score
King of the hammers does.

lf2

Reaction score
No they don't, they are in separate classes Class 10 is a B2 and UTV is a B3.

Yes you are correct they are separate classes. But it is the cl10 vs sxs shootout and they race for the overall in limited race

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Yes you are correct they are separate classes. But it is the cl10 vs sxs shootout and they race for the overall in limited race
Correct, that would be cool if thats how NORRA was as well......stay tuned I think it might happen haha

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I have a turbo S just having fun with speed fanboys.

I can only imagine the hard work that goes into a race like this or any score series race. I only raced motocross and district 37 motorcycles so I just had to deal with myself. You guys are on a whole other level and someday I’ll get there.

You would have a ton of fun going out to the King Of Hammers Desert Challenge. Make it a camping weekend and do a bunch of rides and watching the racing. It’s a lot of fun.

We haven’t committed to it yet but are thinking about it. We have our campsites already at LaserTown.

You should do it! The family would have a blast too. I’ll put you to work crewing if you do 😂

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
You would have a ton of fun going out to the King Of Hammers Desert Challenge. Make it a camping weekend and do a bunch of rides and watching the racing. It’s a lot of fun.

We haven’t committed to it yet but are thinking about it. We have our campsites already at LaserTown.

You should do it! The family would have a blast too. I’ll put you to work crewing if you do 😂
It’s on the list but it always seems to fall on the same weekends as the GCSAA trade show. If I show up I’ll definitely help get in the way!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I saw a speed car going north on the 5 as I was going south today. Took me 1 hour 45 minutes to get to Anaheim from LA. And traffic wasn't that bad. What a cluster fuck it is by Fairfax just north or Culver city.

Holy shit the area stinks to all hell. The stairs were closed and the methane gas in the elevator is out of control. Supposedly the whole area is like that.

Reactions: DWC

sandshark1

Reaction score

Curious why more class 10 cars did not show up if $20K could be won.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Way to podium and take it from speed.

I’m sure TR cut some corners like they have on the car

Thanks @Bpracing1127 . Appreciate the the good words.

I’ll just say NORRA made the appropriate correction.

Those Mav R’s in front of us are beasts and amazing drivers/co-drivers. We had nothing for them but it was fun as hell.

Now time to focus on the Baja 1000 next month, maybe KOH’s in January and Norra 1000 in April.