Reaction score
He out, too unreliable.

Speed has that going on that the cars are very unreliable. Look at Dave’s

Turbo
Engine

Oddly no belts I think

But needed 6000$ worth of stuff to drive with windshield

Dave prolly has close to 60k in his and still unreliable lol

If you are going to use me as an example you might want to try and at least get the information somewhat correct?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
A cage and some lower arms does not seem so bad now for a X3. LOL!
Plus the x3 is very reliable

Doesn’t blow belts
Doesn’t blow motors
And finishes first on race day (a lot of the times)

I am fan of the 2 seat x3 they flat out work!!!

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Plus the x3 is very reliable

Doesn’t blow belts
Doesn’t blow motors
And finishes first on race day (a lot of the times)

I am fan of the 2 seat x3 they flat out work!!!
first on race day when they're barely an OEM product lol
lets not kid ourselves on how much work is put into these racecars compared to a stock car that comes off the showroom floor.

DMF

Reaction score
lets not kid ourselves on how much work is put into these racecars compared to a stock car that comes off the showroom floor.
Serious question, are you Robby Gordon or part of Speed UTV?

DLC

Reaction score
This is more just general info on sxs’s

Has anyone looked at the lap times in the 300?

Sxs’s are Really Close to trophy truck lap times
The cost to run a trophy truck would be 10’x the cost of a SXS to be 15/ 20 minutes faster!

IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0913.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A cage and some lower arms does not seem so bad now for a X3. LOL!

When I was done with my x3 I had 65k in it. Granted some of that was because of shitty workmanship but figure the cost of the car was a legit 61..

I am right now 52 with these upgrades into my speed which is twice the car IMO..

Pics tomorrow!

sandshark1

Reaction score
When I was done with my x3 I had 65k in it. Granted some of that was because of shitty workmanship but figure the cost of the car was a legit 61..

I am right now 52 with these upgrades into my speed which is twice the car IMO..

Pics tomorrow!
You kind of went overboard with your Can Am. LOL!

Your trip to San Felipe will be the ultimate test for your Speed and the upgrades you made.

sandshark1

Reaction score

The Pro R and Maverick R has a lot more OEM stuff on it than you think. All those fancy Polaris Factory Team Pro Rs run stock lower arms and trailing arms. I got to see them up close as the Sand Show.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The difference in 60k into a Can Am and 50k into a speed...
The can am you knew long before purchase that's what was coming.
The speed was not sold as 50k. It was turn key or very close.
Turns out the speed needs some tweaking, just like the rest. .

DLC

Reaction score
They all need tweaking !

QUOTE="riverroyal, post: 5268358, member: 280"]
The difference in 60k into a Can Am and 50k into a speed...
The can am you knew long before purchase that's what was coming.
The speed was not sold as 50k. It was turn key or very close.
Turns out the speed needs some tweaking, just like the rest. .
[/QUOTE]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This has all been discussed over and Over again!

Anytime you buy an untested product, you are a beta tester. You job is to find the weak points, and report them to the manufacturer of the product!

For this, you get a Deep discount.

If you Didn't realize you were a beta tester, and actually BELIEVED the BS Speed was spewing, that's on you!

The process has been around forever...

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
This has all been discussed over and Over again!

Anytime you buy an untested product, you are a beta tester. You job is to find the weak points, and report them to the manufacturer of the product!

For this, you get a Deep discount.

If you Didn't realize you were a beta tester, and actually BELIEVED the BS Speed was spewing, that's on you!

The process has been around forever...

It seems everybody that buys new cars these days becomes an unwilling / unknowing beta tester , especially any Ford product as they seem to be releasing new / unfound products at an alarming rate .

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Yea, that damn start up company just had another recall of only 1.7m cars. Hate being a Beta tester….

“Honda Motor Co. is recalling close to 1.7 million vehicles due to a manufacturing issue that could make it difficult to steer the vehicles and lead to crashes.

Honda reported the recall last week to government regulators, who issued the recall order on Tuesday.

The safety recall order from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said that the steering gearbox assembly may have been manufactured incorrectly, potentially causing “excessive internal friction” that could make the vehicle difficult to steer and increase the likelihood of a crash.

The vehicles covered in the recall were from model years 2022 to 2025 and include certain Acura Integras, Honda Civics, Honda CR-Vs and Honda HR-Vs.

The NHTSA announced an investigation of the problem back in March after it received 145 complaints from Honda Civic drivers that their steering could stick, forcing them to exert extra effort to turn the steering wheel.

At the time of the original announcement earlier this year, the NHTSA said it had no reports of crashes or injuries from the problem. Tuesday’s order does not mention any accidents or injuries caused by the defect either”

outboard_256

Reaction score
Yea, that damn start up company just had another recall of only 1.7m cars. Hate being a Beta tester….

“Honda Motor Co. is recalling close to 1.7 million vehicles due to a manufacturing issue that could make it difficult to steer the vehicles and lead to crashes.

Honda reported the recall last week to government regulators, who issued the recall order on Tuesday.

The safety recall order from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said that the steering gearbox assembly may have been manufactured incorrectly, potentially causing “excessive internal friction” that could make the vehicle difficult to steer and increase the likelihood of a crash.

The vehicles covered in the recall were from model years 2022 to 2025 and include certain Acura Integras, Honda Civics, Honda CR-Vs and Honda HR-Vs.

The NHTSA announced an investigation of the problem back in March after it received 145 complaints from Honda Civic drivers that their steering could stick, forcing them to exert extra effort to turn the steering wheel.

At the time of the original announcement earlier this year, the NHTSA said it had no reports of crashes or injuries from the problem. Tuesday’s order does not mention any accidents or injuries caused by the defect either”

Can you imagine if Honda came out and said, we know there is a problem in our hydraulic steering but it doesn't seem to affect everyone. So if it bothers you we are selling this electronic power steering upgrade you can add-on for $1900 and it will take over if the hydraulic system starts acting up. We will put a switch on the dash so you can turn it on anytime you want to use it. It will auto shutoff when you shut the car off.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It seems everybody that buys new cars these days becomes an unwilling / unknowing beta tester , especially any Ford product as they seem to be releasing new / unfound products at an alarming rate .

Dude...

Ford has been in business for a minute or two me thinks?

What "unfound" products are you alluding to? 🤔

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score

Well it's not Robby Gordon so it's ok!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

If you know what you're getting into, it's no big deal.

It's awesome your having fun with yours.

It's the people still waiting I feel bad for.

😞

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
IMG_6022.jpeg
IMG_6024.jpeg
IMG_6023.jpeg
If you know what you're getting into, it's no big deal.

It's awesome your having fun with yours.

It's the people still waiting I feel bad for.

😞
Some days are more fun than others….
It’s all good, going back together nicely. Should be ready for next weekend ride.
Half the battle is working in my sons garage….😕😕😕

RVRKID

Reaction score

RVRKID

Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Todd won today’s NOORA 500 UTV Pro Turbo class in his Speed. We took 4th in class and 12th in the overall.

Congrats to the Speed team. They ran a good race.

His Speed car was insanely fast.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Word on the street the one that burned is RG race car

lol you fucking haters are too much..

Word on the actual block is Robby wadded a production car like a trophy truck and everyone got out of it to live fo tell about it another day.

The actual word of truth is boadman whatever has posted several videos of one car on fire claiming it’s now number 5 etc..

It’s ridiculous what is going on in the internet.

IMG_6619.jpeg

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Todd won today’s NOORA 500 UTV Pro Turbo class in his Speed. We took 4th in class and 12th in the overall.

Congrats to the Speed team. They ran a good race.

His Speed car was insanely fast.
Todd did not win. PJ Jones won in his full race badass build Maverick R.

Full recap later. We were the first UTV in our class and second UTV overall behind PJ by 2 min but they merge class 10 with our class for no reason so the class 10 car wins the 20k cash lol. Fucking Robby and his bullshit.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Todd did not win. PJ Jones won in his full race badass build Maverick R.

Full recap later. We were the first UTV in our class and second UTV overall behind PJ by 2 min but they merge class 10 with our class for no reason so the class 10 car wins the 20k cash lol. Fucking Robby and his bullshit.

I agree but there is way more going on behind the scenes. This isn’t the thread for that and the conversation we had with Eliseo. But you and I agree.

BTW Austin - You were fast as hell and should’ve been the winner. You guys ran an awesome race.

Last edited:

jailbird141

Reaction score

Word on the actual block is Robby wadded a production car like a trophy truck and everyone got out of it to live fo tell about it another day.

The actual word of truth is boadman whatever has posted several videos of one car on fire claiming it’s now number 5 etc..

View attachment 1439128
Wait a minute ... are you saying everything everyone has posted on the internet isn't true? o_O

EPL

Reaction score

View attachment 1439128
And fan boys will be fan boys !!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

View attachment 1439128

I still have no idea how he wadded it up the way he did and where he did it. It was flat as hell and a wide open section.

We passed him shortly after his wreck and it was a boring section. Just mash the skinny pedal wide open type section.

There was already a car or two stopped to help so we kept moving.

I will say the Speed car is built stout. RG’s car survived his gnarly rollover and the guys pitted next to us rolled there’s pretty bad and barely any carnage.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I still have no idea how he wadded it up the way he did and where he did it. It was flat as hell and a wide open section.

We passed him shortly after his wreck and it was a boring section. Just mash the skinny pedal wide open type section.

There was already a car or two stopped to help so we kept moving.

I will say the Speed car is built stout. RG’s car survived his gnarly rollover and the guys pitted next to us rolled there’s pretty bad and barely any carnage.

I was kinna wondering about that myself...

How does someone crash on a flat section? Blowout? Something broke? Tried to avoid a turtle? 🐢

It's good that the carbon based units survived. It appears the Speed car, did not.

Would love to hear the real story.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I was kinna wondering about that myself...

How does someone crash on a flat section? Blowout? Something broke? Tried to avoid a turtle? 🐢

It's good that the carbon based units survived. It appears the Speed car, did not.

Would love to hear the real story.

Only thing I can think of is he was taking a different line than the exact course and either hit something or broke something or both. No idea because it was an odd area to wreck the way he did. I imagine he was doing at or near 100mph where he wrecked. We were doing high 80’s in our Turbo S in that section. Robby’s car is way faster than ours.

Reactions: DWC