WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

pixrthis

Reaction score
I just took Delivery of my new El Jefe. Gonna go sweat my nuts off this weekend in Cal City to put some miles on it. They need to straighten out a couple of little things like the weird dual light bars. They have been pretty cool during the whole process. So far, so good....
We’ve been kicking around a night ride in Cal City this Saturday. Eat a good meal on the way out and bounce around the desert for a couple hours in the dark with some stops in the middle of nowhere. Headed home by one or two.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Agree and disagree...

It IS a great place for a dirt bike, but there also shit tons of dirt roads through Monache Meadows and up into the Golden Trout Wilderness.

I'd much rather be crossing through the Kern River, than roasting my azz around the upper deserts! 😱

There is almost no moon out right now, so night rides will be super sketchy.

Just my 2 cents. I've been to both places once or twice. 😉
Please don’t recommend people take SXS to Kennedy meadows.

Please!?!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Please don’t recommend people take SXS to Kennedy meadows.

Please!?!

I wouldn't worry about it. Most people won't attempt the drive up there.

That's what has kept it how it's been for so long...

It's a very difficult place to get to.

sandshark1

Reaction score
Agree and disagree...

It IS a great place for a dirt bike, but there also shit tons of dirt roads through Monache Meadows and up into the Golden Trout Wilderness.

I'd much rather be crossing through the Kern River, than roasting my azz around the upper deserts! 😱

There is almost no moon out right now, so night rides will be super sketchy.

Just my 2 cents. I've been to both places once or twice. 😉

Weather is for sure nicer in that area this time of year. But this weekend the weather in Cal City area is supposed to be 90ish which is tolerable.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Another spot for sale. Anyone have a guess how far out till delivery?
IMG_4213.png

sandshark1

Reaction score
Another spot for sale. Anyone have a guess how far out till delivery?
View attachment 1427858

Depends on whether that car is stuck in purgatory at the port and was part of the containers being held by customs. I would think that low of a number is either being built now or is on a ship heading this way.

Might be able to call Speed and see where it is.

EdoublE

Reaction score
Depends on whether that car is stuck in purgatory at the port and was part of the containers being held by customs. I would think that low of a number is either being built now or is on a ship heading this way.

Might be able to call Speed and see where it is.
Speed is not so great at knowing where cars are located.

DLC

Reaction score
At this point…..

I think, I would rather wait out another season before I would want a Speed Car

Hopefully by then,
They will have all the issues worked out & a bunch cars will Then have 2, 3, 4,000 + miles on em to see how reliable they are

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
At this point…..

I think, I would rather wait out another season before I would want a Speed Car

Hopefully by then,
They will have all the issues worked out & a bunch cars will Then have 2, 3, 4,000 + miles on em to see how reliable they are

You spelled "five years" wrong.

Oh, wait...

😁

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
I don't have a dime in this game but, for the last 3 Saturday's I've seen 3-5 each new speed cars on 5th wheel car haulers heading north towards Vegas on hwy 95 around cal-nv-ari , searchlight.

Reactions: DLC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Whats the radiator fix?

Morgan motorsports basically puts a CBR oil cooler in the front of the car and then a larger roof scoop to fix the negative pressure in the cab. Hollander also makes a "lift kit" for the radiator itself that closes the gap between the fans and the shroud.

My solution is just put all of it on there.. LOL. New misalignments heims, radiator lift kit, vented clutch cover, then have Morgan do all his magic.. After that I'll do the eibach springs.. I still need to adjust my brake clevis deal and I'd like to change the break pads to something that works better.. but we will be fine for san Felipe with the current springs and brakes for now. That will be done when we get home.

RD

RVRKID

Reaction score
Speed is not so great at knowing where cars are located.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Morgan motorsports basically puts a CBR oil cooler in the front of the car and then a larger roof scoop to fix the negative pressure in the cab. Hollander also makes a "lift kit" for the radiator itself that closes the gap between the fans and the shroud.

My solution is just put all of it on there.. LOL. New misalignments heims, radiator lift kit, vented clutch cover, then have Morgan do all his magic.. After that I'll do the eibach springs.. I still need to adjust my brake clevis deal and I'd like to change the break pads to something that works better.. but we will be fine for san Felipe with the current springs and brakes for now. That will be done when we get home.

RD

Be safe. 🙏

screwball

Reaction score

RD
You were right, It only worked without the windshield. The biggest issue was the belt temp. The car is aweome wihen it runs!

night9

Reaction score
My number got called and is in to be picked up in the next week or two. That being said I have an extra CBR oil cooler to use. Does anyone know what size sandwich plate to order / what threads their filter uses? Nothing against Morgan’s design but I already have the cooler and I think I’ll just rear mount mine.

Albacore

Reaction score
My number got called and is in to be picked up in the next week or two. That being said I have an extra CBR oil cooler to use. Does anyone know what size sandwich plate to order / what threads their filter uses? Nothing against Morgan’s design but I already have the cooler and I think I’ll just rear mount mine.
If you go over to this forum and check out this thread, I believe post 211. You will see there are some guys that are now starting to do their own. You could get some answers over there on the fitting sizes and some of the other stuff. I hope that helps.

On another note, I had my car out this weekend and had a great time. Over the last month, I got all the shit wired that I added on my own. finish the bumpers front and rear even made a little bit better front skid plate after clobbering and a giant rock this weekend. Got my storage rack more or less done in the back. I just have to build the box I’m going to attach to it. Trying to make Barstow California 300 in two weeks for some more break in and shock adjustments as I had down south do the springs.
IMG_8571.jpeg
IMG_8447.jpeg
IMG_8609.jpeg
IMG_8610.jpeg
IMG_8529.jpeg
IMG_8528.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
If you go over to this forum and check out this thread, I believe post 211. You will see there are some guys that are now starting to do their own. You could get some answers over there on the fitting sizes and some of the other stuff. I hope that helps.

On another note, I had my car out this weekend and had a great time. Over the last month, I got all the shit wired that I added on my own. finish the bumpers front and rear even made a little bit better front skid plate after clobbering and a giant rock this weekend. Got my storage rack more or less done in the back. I just have to build the box I’m going to attach to it. Trying to make Barstow California 300 in two weeks for some more break in and shock adjustments as I had down south do the springs. View attachment 1429395 View attachment 1429396 View attachment 1429397 View attachment 1429398 View attachment 1429399 View attachment 1429400

I’m digging your jack mount ! I was thinking about doing the same thing !

Sweet set up !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Welcome and congrats! What number were you if you don't mind me asking?

evantwheeler

Reaction score

On another note, I had my car out this weekend and had a great time. Over the last month, I got all the shit wired that I added on my own. finish the bumpers front and rear even made a little bit better front skid plate after clobbering and a giant rock this weekend. Got my storage rack more or less done in the back. I just have to build the box I’m going to attach to it. Trying to make Barstow California 300 in two weeks for some more break in and shock adjustments as I had down south do the springs. View attachment 1429395 View attachment 1429396 View attachment 1429397 View attachment 1429398 View attachment 1429399 View attachment 1429400
Beautiful work! Bitchen ride. Love the bumpers, both look to be made of aluminum?

Albacore

Reaction score
Beautiful work! Bitchen ride. Love the bumpers, both look to be made of aluminum?
Yeah, the bumpers are both aluminum and so is the storage rack in the back also the skid plate on the front side is aluminum but on the bottom underneath the bulkhead or front diff whatever you wanna call it that is quarter inch steel to replace the stock plastic skid plate. The aftermarket skid plate is twice as thick, but I did not get that.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

That’s coming together nice. As said above, stellar jack mount.

Great looking car!

Albacore

Reaction score
I’m digging your jack mount ! I was thinking about doing the same thing !

Sweet set up !
I could send you the DXF file I designed in cad for the 3/16 aluminum plate that mounts to the bed. If you like you could have it cut out of aluminum or steel wherever you like and then have a fabricator do the other parts. Let me know.

The only thing I would say is the holes for where it mounts to the bed have to be enlarged and drilled out and then use the large aluminum washers. When I designed it, I tried to measure it as close as I could to the actual bed of the vehicle, but was off a little on some of the holes. With the big washers there is no issue. I am making a storage box that will mount to the side with the jack. It’s about 6 inches wide by about 40 inches long and 10 inches tall. It will be able to hold a two spare axles basically a front and rear some oil and other trail repair items for when I’m doing longer trips.

The whole thing comes out rather easy as I probably won’t have it in there when I am at the Sandunes.

DLC

Reaction score
I could send you the DXF file I designed in cad for the 3/16 aluminum plate that mounts to the bed. If you like you could have it cut out of aluminum or steel wherever you like and then have a fabricator do the other parts. Let me know.

The only thing I would say is the holes for where it mounts to the bed have to be enlarged and drilled out and then use the large aluminum washers. When I designed it, I tried to measure it as close as I could to the actual bed of the vehicle, but was off a little on some of the holes. With the big washers there is no issue. I am making a storage box that will mount to the side with the jack. It’s about 6 inches wide by about 40 inches long and 10 inches tall. It will be able to hold a two spare axles basically a front and rear some oil and other trail repair items for when I’m doing longer trips.

The whole thing comes out rather easy as I probably won’t have it in there when I am at the Sandunes.

Thank you for the offer!

I’m going to swing by AGM and buy the mount for some mock up. We are both in Escondido and one of the counter guys is my neighbor ….