WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

pixrthis

Reaction score
The “I told you so” narrative is getting old. It’s understandably slow on updates due to not being riding season but I enjoy hearing the solutions to the problems even though I have no intentions of ever buying one. It’s a very public R&D process that is interesting to anyone mechanical. There must be some customers running the crap out of their cars and have fixes we haven’t heard about.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
They aren't really "nothing but issues" There are some core issues, but definitely not all.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are actually building the base model 4 seat cars without the internal bypass shocks, fake beadlocks, cheaper seats etc?
I don’t think I have seen any built like that. Someone told me they were not building the base models and they have to upgrade people for the same price.
The order I kept has a 2000’s build # as a base model $30k before the price increase and I added no options on that order.

IMG_9608.png
IMG_9609.png

IMG_9610.png

Last edited:

Floaterboat

Reaction score
Boy I hope this thread is not indicative of what GD is to become. You have a guy that rides a quad and another guy that spent $90k on a Pro R trolling this thread to the point that the actual people with experience with the cars don’t even want to provide feedback?

Sad.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Boy I hope this thread is not indicative of what GD is to become. You have a guy that rides a quad and another guy that spent $90k on a Pro R trolling this thread to the point that the actual people with experience with the cars don’t even want to provide feedback?

Sad.
The off road community as a whole sucks in this regard.....collectively they are a bunch of sheep. If you don't run what everyone else runs, you are an idiot.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Friend just had his car delivered. He commented that they were not too helpful with accommodating his schedule. I guess now I have to get over to check it out. Personally I think that it looks good.

IMG_1452.jpeg
IMG_1453.png
IMG_1454.png

Floaterboat

Reaction score
The off road community as a whole sucks in this regard.....collectively they are a bunch of sheep. If you don't run what everyone else runs, you are an idiot.

Oh yes totally. But it seems this thread is taking direction from people that have not even sat in a car let alone driven the car to even make a judgement. They are just regurgitating what they heard somewhere. Sheep indeed.

The people with the cars or information about the cars seem to be discouraged from even commenting. I know that’s the internet, but wow, what a turn off.

Fishd00d

Reaction score

Sad.
hahaha, by the way that Pro R sold within a couple hours of it going up for sale. Crazy how easy it is to sell something quality.

NIKAL

Reaction score
LMAO, so you want a car that has nothing but issues??? lol
I think the mechanical issues will get worked out over time. Preferably by Speed, but I think there are enough outside of Speed looking to fix the issues. Not that I really want to spend more to fix them myself.

But like I said bigger concern for me is how the company is running and progressing. If they are not growing or moving forward, then it does not matter how well the car runs. Unfortunately the industry as a whole seems to be struggling a bit right now, with sales down by 18%, which just makes it that much harder for Speed. Polaris has had 2 or 3 rounds of layoffs in the past few months, since releasing their lower then expected earnings. And the CEO leaving. Being they are the biggest, it does not bode well for the others. BRP second quarter earnings shows a 30% decrease from the year prior. BRP is expecting another drop in the first quarter of 2025. Both are saying the economy, interest rates and a warm 23/24 winter have caused the dip in sales, and both are predicting another warmer winter which kills snowmobile sales.

Good news for those with cash, there might be deals to be had on all brands & models, especially if the election goes the wrong way.

Floaterboat

Reaction score
hahaha, by the way that Pro R sold within a couple hours of it going up for sale. Crazy how easy it is to sell something quality.

But you sold it for $70k, right? What did it cost per mile to own it?

If a guy was selling a Speed for minus $20k with even 1000 miles or more on it, it would be sold in hours.

Romans9

Reaction score

Sad.

Can you point out said people that own cars and are running them that won’t post in this thread?

What does GD.com have to do with this thread? The Speed thread over there is much more “spicy” than this one and it has been for years……..

What is “sad‘ in my opinion is thin skinned people posting their opinions and thoughts thinking that others shouldn’t post their own.

This thread has tons of useful and helpful information. @NIKAL has posted some of the best and most thoughtful. If you missed that you can’t see the forest for the trees….

Hmmm……….LOF?

Fishd00d

Reaction score
But you sold it for $70k, right? What did it cost per mile to own it?

If a guy was selling a Speed for minus $20k with even 1000 miles or more on it, it would be sold in hours.
It cost ME about $5/mile.......pretty good deal :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It cost ME about $5/mile.......pretty good deal :)

Your car was fast too. You guys were holding your own at NORRA until you had to stop for repairs. It was a really tastefully done car and someone got a great deal on a car that was turn key NORRA ready.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Your car was fast too. You guys were holding your own at NORRA until you had to stop for repairs. It was a really tastefully done car and someone got a great deal on a car that was turn key NORRA ready.

Really???

You don't have Anything better to do right now, than post in this thread???

🤔😁

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
It’s 5:50am in Hawaii right now. Waiting for the sunrise so I can pop another bottle of champagne 😂😂😂

View attachment 1427158
Good to see that you were able to sleep in. Let me know when the afternoon rounds start to flow. I can meet up after I take care of a few things. LOL. Day drinking is always a good time.

By the way at least put a robe on we can see you…… I blurred it a bit to save the others….🤪 🤪

IMG_1464.jpeg

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Good to see that you were able to sleep in. Let me know when the afternoon rounds start to flow. I can meet up after I take care of a few things. LOL. Day drinking is always a good time.

By the way at least put a robe on we can see you…… I blurred it a bit to save the others….🤪 🤪

View attachment 1427174

I’m going to run over to North Shore and Haliewa today with my daughters and do some touristy shit. I’ll be back in the evening. I’m up for a a drink or ten after. Tomorrow is good too.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Man day drinking Haleiwa can be a blast. If you like fried rice and Thai food try Rajanee in Haleiwa. The pineapple fried rice is great!!! Father’s Day this year the wives let us be irresponsible. I want to watch the debate tonight but if you want I’d be up to meeting up. Let me know when and where. BTW we are not the hood rats wheeling in the photo. LOL. Also if you are going to get shaved ice save your money and skip Matsumoto. You gotta stop by Shimazu’s on School Street. Don’t go the the tourist trap on Kapahulu though. 👍

IMG_1465.png
IMG_1466.png
IMG_1467.png
IMG_1468.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Man day drinking Haleiwa can be a blast. If you like fried rice and Thai food try Rajanee in Haleiwa. The pineapple fried rice is great!!! Father’s Day this year the wives let us be irresponsible. I want to watch the debate tonight but if you want I’d be up to meeting up. Let me know when and where. BTW we are not the hood rats wheeling in the photo. LOL. Also if you are going to get shaved ice save your money and skip Matsumoto. You gotta stop by Shimazu’s on School Street. Don’t go the the tourist trap on Kapahulu though. 👍

View attachment 1427176 View attachment 1427177 View attachment 1427178 View attachment 1427179

Life is good. 👍 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh yes totally. But it seems this thread is taking direction from people that have not even sat in a car let alone driven the car to even make a judgement. They are just regurgitating what they heard somewhere. Sheep indeed.

The people with the cars or information about the cars seem to be discouraged from even commenting. I know that’s the internet, but wow, what a turn off.

Hey buddy if you want to go start a forum or a group be my guest.. as I tell many others jump on in the waters fine.. lol

I will say the repetitiveness of the comments is old, same shit over and over..

When Offroad season gets here I think we will see a lot more speed guys posting. Mine is sitting in my garage like all the others way too hot out

screwball

Reaction score
I just took Delivery of my new El Jefe. Gonna go sweat my nuts off this weekend in Cal City to put some miles on it. They need to straighten out a couple of little things like the weird dual light bars. They have been pretty cool during the whole process. So far, so good....

Attachments

• sutv1.jpg
    sutv1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • sutv2.jpg
    sutv2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just took Delivery of my new El Jefe. Gonna go sweat my nuts off this weekend in Cal City to put some miles on it. They need to straighten out a couple of little things like the weird dual light bars. They have been pretty cool during the whole process. So far, so good....

Damn man. If you're gonna go to Cal City, just keep going and head up to Kennedy Meadows!

It will be a shit ton cooler up there.

Congrats!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Congrats, that’s a great looking car!

RVRKID

Reaction score
Without the windshield? At least is should be cooler then it has been.

Reactions: DWC

sandshark1

Reaction score
Congrats! Cal City is a perfect spot to break in a new ride. Weather should be decent out there this weekend. Looks like upper 80s to low 90s.

sandshark1

Reaction score
Damn man. If you're gonna go to Cal City, just keep going and head up to Kennedy Meadows!

It will be a shit ton cooler up there.

Congrats!

Kennedy Meadows is not very fun for a SXS. Great on a dirt bike.

From Cal City you can do nice 100-140 miles loops hitting up Jawbone, Dove Springs, Randsburg, Grass Valley and Spangler.

Badchoices03

Reaction score

Bro, save some light for the rest of us....lol...great looking car though!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kennedy Meadows is not very fun for a SXS. Great on a dirt bike.

From Cal City you can do nice 100-140 miles loops hitting up Jawbone, Dove Springs, Randsburg, Grass Valley and Spangler.

Agree and disagree...

It IS a great place for a dirt bike, but there also shit tons of dirt roads through Monache Meadows and up into the Golden Trout Wilderness.

I'd much rather be crossing through the Kern River, than roasting my azz around the upper deserts! 😱

There is almost no moon out right now, so night rides will be super sketchy.

Just my 2 cents. I've been to both places once or twice. 😉

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Thats not the car I sold haha. I sold my Prerunner car. Still have the NORRA car and we are racing it at the 500 next month!! See ya down there?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Take that windshield out of it before you go.. trust me on this.