• B0FA1886-9C73-46E4-A8A0-710E449E8320.jpeg
    B0FA1886-9C73-46E4-A8A0-710E449E8320.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 678845AE-AEA0-4740-90E6-73FE29F95C92.jpeg
    678845AE-AEA0-4740-90E6-73FE29F95C92.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 142

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
We are talking about selling our reservation for RG Edition El Jefe. It's #203 El Jefe, #1377 Master. I've got $7k in options on top of the $37k price lock.
So I've paid in $11.5k. Is something like this fetching a premium over what I've paid into it?
The options I bought are big fuel cell, rear skid plate, Speed Trail kit with spare wheel, PCI radio upgrade, PCI parker pumper air, break-in kit.
Would it be worth $15k? Anyone interested?

I was still racing when I ordered it. Now that I've sold off the last of the race cars, we are thinking all we want is an old Rhino to drive the dog to the beach in.
@LargeOrangeFont would you mind giving a clinic on the sales process?

After 131 pages, you would think I understand how this works, but anyway, here goes: What do #203 and #1377 mean?

$11.5K into a $42K vehicle. So $30.5K remaining balance plus tax for a total purchase from you of $15K takes the final purchase price to $45.5K plus tax. You make $3.5K on your "investment" Guessing a positive return would be attractive no matter how much.

Does this whole deal allow you to take delivery in your home state?

What would this exact vehicle cost if ordered today, assuming they had inventory to sell?

What happens if you can't sell your spot?
I can't understand how ownership transfer of a vehicle purchased that has not been delivered in the agreed period becomes the responsibility of the buyer to sell.

Has anyone tried to get their money back from Speed?

Taking a hard left turn for this next section, hope you can keep up.

Does all this car need is a cage, seats, belts, and window nets to be race legal? If so, Your about $50K- into a brand-new race car. Find two good friends, and finance the remainder of the balance. Switch to BFG tires and pay for pit support. Split the logistics costs, and with any luck, you get the car in time for the 2023 Baja 1000. Pay someone to deliver the car to LaPaz, race your third of the race, get a finisher pin, and sell the car after the race. Eat some tacos get a few pictures, sh!t your brains out, and make some memories.

Seems like a pretty inexpensive vacation adventure to me. My brother and I have been spitballing doing something like this. I know a guy that has done it a handful of times on a bike this way. Just don't burn down the car; you can get a good portion of the money back on a slightly used, less than one-year-old Speed car. "I know what I got" type ad on Marketplace. You might even get it all back.

Albacore

Reaction score
Yes you’re right on the speed cages they have the tube clamps I haven’t seen one with the body panels off in person to take any good photos but I was trying to point out the actual design of the cage the way it’s laid out more like Race built Chassis from what they said if you just lay a weld around all of their clamps and add the bar across the door opening it is score legal.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I'll share my conversation with Robby from about 2 hours ago. Rather than speculate, or hate, I try to stay open minded, and go to the source when I have questions, and I actually root for a small guy going up against the large companies. Especially someone who is a fellow racer.

Me: Robby, any recent updates? Haven't seen anymore completed car pictures in a bit? Where would my #125 car be at, at this stage?
Robby: Andy, unfortunately Chongqing has been on lockdown again, I'm hearing next wee its supposed to be freed up again, but the last 3 weeks people have been locked down in regions again.
Me: damn Covid, are you still doing some assembly of cars or has it bee completely shut down now?
Robby: It's dumb what some countries have to done and I'm hearing NY is back into the mask thing, I'm over this nonsense
Me: It looked like we were moving along pretty will with pictures of cars, bummer
Robby: Only the workers that live on site have been working. I know that suppliers have been closed and no trucks have been allowed in to pick up the loaded containers. I heard this morning that maybe on the 15th.
Me, hopefully a little light at the end of the tunnel soon
Robby: Fingers crossed
Me: sounds like you have some cars already in containers waiting to be shipped.
Robby, Yes, containers are loaded with cars, as you can imagine I hate not having real answers
Me: Have a good holiday.

FLAME AWAY

riverroyal

Reaction score
I'll share my conversation with Robby from about 2 hours ago. Rather than speculate, or hate, I try to stay open minded, and go to the source when I have questions, and I actually root for a small guy going up against the large companies. Especially someone who is a fellow racer.

Me: Robby, any recent updates? Haven't seen anymore completed car pictures in a bit? Where would my #125 car be at, at this stage?
Robby: Andy, unfortunately Chongqing has been on lockdown again, I'm hearing next wee its supposed to be freed up again, but the last 3 weeks people have been locked down in regions again.
Me: damn Covid, are you still doing some assembly of cars or has it bee completely shut down now?
Robby: It's dumb what some countries have to done and I'm hearing NY is back into the mask thing, I'm over this nonsense
Me: It looked like we were moving along pretty will with pictures of cars, bummer
Robby: Only the workers that live on site have been working. I know that suppliers have been closed and no trucks have been allowed in to pick up the loaded containers. I heard this morning that maybe on the 15th.
Robby, Yes, containers are loaded with cars, as you can imagine I hate not having real answers

FLAME AWAY
No flame....
Info that matters. Seriuosly
Good post, which you did not need to do

EarpRider

Reaction score

FLAME AWAY
Interesting read. The problem is that Robby has flat out lied multiple times, sooooo "Yes, containers are loaded with cars" I doubt it.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Interesting read. The problem is that Robby has flat out lied multiple times, sooooo "Yes, containers are loaded with cars" I doubt it.

Well, as a low number deposit holder, he has never lied to me, so I'm not sure where that comes from? Reading post on FB, here, RDC, IG, etc........

Blown delivery dates, sure, thats happened.

daytona man

Reaction score
Well, as a low number deposit holder, he has never lied to me, so I'm not sure where that comes from? Reading post on FB, here, RDC, IG, etc........

First thing that comes to mine is when the blue Speed car was towed in the dark when it broke in daylight when confronted he said it ran out of gas . When he was confronted about it being in front of his shop with no motor in it the story got changed to the input shaft seal was leaking and they had to take the motor out to fix it ?????????

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mine is when the blue Speed car was towed in the dark when it broke in daylight when confronted he said it ran out of gas . When he was confronted about it being in front of his shop with no motor in it the story got changed to the input shaft seal was leaking and they had to take the motor out to fix it ?????????

When was it proven, or seen broken during the day? If you have that, I'd be interested in seeing that.
Is a Speed car the first that was ever towed at night time? Didn't seem that stealth to me with all the lights on.

The motor and trans are one unit, so how would you fix an input shaft? I've had VW's that suffer from an input shaft seal leak, guess what? I had to pull the motor to fix it.

But, seriously, show me where the car was broken during the day?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
same considering we are getting goods daily from china
It's just another excuse. Cheaper labor/materials etc come at a cost somewhere down the line..and now they "allegedly" can't even move the containers.. This thing has turned into an entertaining shit show, and unfortunately a lot of people have money tied up in it with no real recourse or timeline of when they may get what they paid for.

LOF etc may know better because they've signed the agreement, but did you guys sign away rights to legal recourse etc since you can't get a refund?

daytona man

Reaction score
When was it proven, or seen broken during the day? If you have that, I'd be interested in seeing that.
Is a Speed car the first that was ever towed at night time? Didn't seem that stealth to me with all the lights on.

The motor and trans are one unit, so how would you fix an input shaft? I've had VW's that suffer from an input shaft seal leak, guess what? I had to pull the motor to fix it.

But, seriously, show me where the car was broken during the day?
Why would he first say it ran out of gas instead of saying something went wrong and were looking into it !! I call that a lie even if it broke down at midnight !! Don't get me wrong I'm not a hater and hope Robbie pulls this off and gets cars to everyone that has deposits on them !! Just would like them as a company be honest !!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Why would he first say it ran out of gas instead of saying something went wrong and were looking into it !! I call that a lie even if it broke down at midnight !! Don't get me wrong I'm not a hater and hope Robbie pulls this off and gets cars to everyone that has deposits on them !! Just would like them as a company be honest !!
Garage shops say

“I’m working on it”
“I’ll send a crew tomorrow”
“I ordered the parts”
“It will be done next week”

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
You skipped the "it was broken during the day" where was that?

So, you couldn't run out of gas, then get to back to the shop and see a leak? They are still testing BTW.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And for that very reason she could have been a little more forthcoming in her answer.

Because they are this far behind the 8 ball on expectations that they held, much less customers, accuracy and detail in any communication becomes increasingly important.

They have been very forthcoming as @dirtslinger2 has said.

The answers are out there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Garage shops say

“I’m working on it”
“I’ll send a crew tomorrow”
“I ordered the parts”
“It will be done next week”

Polaris says “maybe next year at some point.

Seems the result is the same… late cars 😂

riverroyal

Reaction score
Any new can am rumors for 2024? Asking for a friend of course

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont would you mind giving a clinic on the sales process?

After 131 pages, you would think I understand how this works, but anyway, here goes: What do #203 and #1377 mean?

$11.5K into a $42K vehicle. So $30.5K remaining balance plus tax for a total purchase from you of $15K takes the final purchase price to $45.5K plus tax. You make $3.5K on your "investment" Guessing a positive return would be attractive no matter how much.

Does this whole deal allow you to take delivery in your home state?

What would this exact vehicle cost if ordered today, assuming they had inventory to sell?

What happens if you can't sell your spot?
I can't understand how ownership transfer of a vehicle purchased that has not been delivered in the agreed period becomes the responsibility of the buyer to sell.

Has anyone tried to get their money back from Speed?

Taking a hard left turn for this next section, hope you can keep up.

Does all this car need is a cage, seats, belts, and window nets to be race legal? If so, Your about $50K- into a brand-new race car. Find two good friends, and finance the remainder of the balance. Switch to BFG tires and pay for pit support. Split the logistics costs, and with any luck, you get the car in time for the 2023 Baja 1000. Pay someone to deliver the car to LaPaz, race your third of the race, get a finisher pin, and sell the car after the race. Eat some tacos get a few pictures, sh!t your brains out, and make some memories.

Seems like a pretty inexpensive vacation adventure to me. My brother and I have been spitballing doing something like this. I know a guy that has done it a handful of times on a bike this way. Just don't burn down the car; you can get a good portion of the money back on a slightly used, less than one-year-old Speed car. "I know what I got" type ad on Marketplace. You might even get it all back.

If you wanted to race showroom stock or really any class, it seems the Speed car is is cheapest route. As you helped me figure out, it still needs a cage, which is unfortunate, but with the cage, door bars, and harnesses it appears you could go racing. In classes that allow the stock fuel tank. The one in question has the upgraded race fuel cell.

There is no getting your money back from Speed as I am aware. They will do the transfer for you. They will advertise the sale of the spot for you at cost and facilitate the transfer. It is between you and the buyer to figure out extra funds. A $3500 premium for that early of a car is a decent deal since the pride has gone up $9k since then, so you are saving $4500 and jumping towards the head of the line.

You would take delivery in Havasu unless you wanted to pay extra shipping charges to get it where you wanted it. I don’t know how it works, but suffice it to say they are shipping it to Montana for free.

Those numbers represent # 203 of 2 seaters. So presumably that car will be in the first batch of 2 seaters off the assembly line. They are just doing 4 seaters right now.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

??? Have you been given a delivery date? Or at least an estimate?

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
They didn’t adapt and still suffering. Blaming COVID is not a good excuse anymore
Is plywood back down to regular price
gas price under $3.50 gallon
house prices normal

ahhh nope!

Speed cars were designed & sold at a certain price !
the longer they kick it out the better - For them!

as long as they have a verified excuse - china shut down ! Covid or no Covid shut down us all that matters such as - CARB ! or EPA approval …..

It’s all out of their control…

once you realize that you‘ll be better! Opinions don’t really matter much !

but 200 pages - Will BE Da BOMB!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I get it… Comprehension in general isn’t your strong suit.

Nice “personal attack”. A few pages back you would have cried about someone saying that to you 😂

That wasn’t an attack, that was an observation.

I’m not the first one to observe it.

outboard_256

Reaction score

FLAME AWAY

Thanks for the update. Sounds like if everything goes right cars could be shipping in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.