WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Here's a post from today on RDC from someone who sent an email, and the response he got.

If Karla's responses are accurate, it seems like some customers should be getting cars very soon, but not that many of them. Myself, #125, like I posted before received a call a month or so back regarding being moved into the first 100 since I'm an AZ customer, but I haven't received any more news since then.

Attachments

• speedemail.JPG
    speedemail.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 197

JayBreww

Reaction score
Here's a post from today on RDC from someone who sent an email, and the response he got.

If Karla's responses are accurate, it seems like some customers should be getting cars very soon, but not that many of them. Myself, #125, like I posted before received a call a month or so back regarding being moved into the first 100 since I'm an AZ customer, but I haven't received any more news since then.
She should be a politician.

counterpart7

Reaction score

Is it just me or is she just straight lying to customers? We have all seen the pictures from the “production facility” with Chinese writing on the signs, right?

Does poorly installing stickers in USA count as “final assembly”??

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Is it just me or is she just straight lying to customers? We have all seen the pictures from the “production facility” with Chinese writing on the signs, right?

Does poorly installing stickers in USA count as “final assembly”??
It's just you, they have openly stated that the first ~100 cars would be built in China at Hisun's main manufacturing plant. There is no surprise to see Chinese writing on the walls, unless you don't actually pay attention.

baja-chris

Reaction score
We are talking about selling our reservation for RG Edition El Jefe. It's #203 El Jefe, #1377 Master. I've got $7k in options on top of the $37k price lock.
So I've paid in $11.5k. Is something like this fetching a premium over what I've paid into it?
The options I bought are big fuel cell, rear skid plate, Speed Trail kit with spare wheel, PCI radio upgrade, PCI parker pumper air, break-in kit.
Would it be worth $15k? Anyone interested?

I was still racing when I ordered it. Now that I've sold off the last of the race cars, we are thinking all we want is an old Rhino to drive the dog to the beach in.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It didn’t run out of fuel. The input shaft seal went hence the engine removal
So the post made earlier was incorrect when they stated Robby said it ran out of gas.
Not that I care but damage control doesn’t seem to be working well

hallett21

Reaction score
What was the reason I sold my Schiada? Because I know the reason but I doubt anyone else on here does?
I think a few of us know why 👍🏻

Did you ever figure out if that’s yours under that cover in someone’s yard? Can you buy it back or is it trashed? Seems like you could bring it back to its former glory fairly quickly.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We are talking about selling our reservation for RG Edition El Jefe. It's #203 El Jefe, #1377 Master. I've got $7k in options on top of the $37k price lock.
So I've paid in $11.5k. Is something like this fetching a premium over what I've paid into it?
The options I bought are big fuel cell, rear skid plate, Speed Trail kit with spare wheel, PCI radio upgrade, PCI parker pumper air, break-in kit.

I was still racing when I ordered it. Now that I've sold off the last of the race cars, we are thinking all we want is an old Rhino to drive the dog to the beach in.

I’d try for $15k.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Final assembly… the key word being final.
Hence my first question, is “final assembly” just putting the graphics on? What else is considered “final assembly”?

And to answer your follow up of “why do you care what country it’s built in?”

I don’t, but I do care when a company lies about shit like that directly to consumers. If it’s 99% built and assembled in China, say it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hence my first question, is “final assembly” just putting the graphics on? What else is considered “final assembly”?

I don’t, but I do care when a company lies about shit like that directly to consumers. If it’s 99% built and assembled in China, say it.

If you care so much then ask the right questions. The question of where the majority of assembly happens wasn’t asked. They asked where final assembly happens.

And again, it’s not like it was not made perfectly clear where the first batch of cars were coming from.

Backlash

Reaction score
What was the reason I sold my Schiada? Because I know the reason but I doubt anyone else on here does?
#6531. While I'm certain your reasons for selling it are genuine, I would imagine you wish you still had it. I know I would. 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think a few of us know why 👍🏻

Did you ever figure out if that’s yours under that cover in someone’s yard? Can you buy it back or is it trashed? Seems like you could bring it back to its former glory fairly quickly.
It is.. guy isn’t selling it. Honestly my next Schiada is going to be something a little different and impractical lol.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score

You're not getting it, either because you're not actually listening, or you don't want to listen.

The first ~100 cars are different, they are being 99-100% built in China. Moving forward, the parts, from China, and other countries will be shipped to Hisun in TX and the car will be assembled there.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
You're not getting it, either because you're not actually listening, or you don't want to listen.

The first ~100 cars are different, they are being 99-100% built in China. Moving forward, the parts, from China, and other countries will be shipped to Hisun in TX and the car will be assembled there.

Not that it really matters but...

You believe that information from Speed because so much else they've said about production, location and schedule has come to fruition?

She expanded a little bit on some of her other answers in the email but didn't reiterate that?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You believe that information from Speed because so much else they've said about production, location and schedule has come to fruition?

She expanded a little bit on some of her other answers in the email but didn't reiterate that?

Exactly.. it does not really matter.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score

I don't necessarily believe it, or disbelieve it. They have stated the same thing from the beginning, cars assembled in Texas, and they themselves have never waivered from that position.

As far as schedule, they have blown that many times over, but there are things out of their hands, and I really can't blame them for being late, they should not have spoken about delivery dates if that were the case, we can all agree on that.

As far as the latest delivery, they have been somewhat clear, after thanksgiving, my car would be built in China, and now in the first 100. That was before China did a Covid lock down, so I can see why it's late.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I don't necessarily believe it, or disbelieve it. They have stated the same thing from the beginning, cars assembled in Texas, and they themselves have never waivered from that position.

As far as schedule, they have blown that many times over, but there are things out of their hands, and I really can't blame them for being late, they should not have spoken about delivery dates if that were the case, we can all agree on that.

As far as the latest delivery, they have been somewhat clear, after thanksgiving, my car would be built in China, and now in the first 100. That was before China did a Covid lock down, so I can see why it's late.
I disagree it’s 100% in their hands why they are late. This also applies to any other mfg in the world. COVID start 2 years plus ago and we have all adapted to this. Speed being the garage shop has not

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I disagree it’s 100% in their hands why they are late. This also applies to any other mfg in the world. COVID start 2 years plus ago and we have all adapted to this. Speed being the garage shop has not
And the car is 100X better than the one that would have been delivered on time.. so there is that.

Yep, everyone has adapted. I can't go get a 2023 Polaris Pro R or Turbo R until sometime in Q1 2023. Ford Super Duties are months and months out 😄

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
And the car is 100X better than the one that would have been delivered on time.. so there is that.

Yep, everyone has adapted. I can't go get a 2023 Polaris Pro R or Turbo R until sometime in Q1 2023. Ford Super Duties are months and months out 😄
They didn’t adapt and still suffering. Blaming COVID is not a good excuse anymore

EmpirE231

Reaction score

or you can sell it @ what it cost you... and you'd have a quick no hassle sale with LOF or RD willing to buy more spots.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Exactly.. it does not really matter.

And for that very reason she could have been a little more forthcoming in her answer.

Because they are this far behind the 8 ball on expectations that they held, much less customers, accuracy and detail in any communication becomes increasingly important.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Wasn't there a bet for Christmas delivery? or was that Thanksgiving? or am I thinking Halloween? could it have been the Sand Show in September? I have heard of kicking the can down the road but Speed takes the cake.. I know I know it does not matter when they deliver because they keep making it better....

Status
Not open for further replies.