WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shots fired at trump

4Waters

Reaction score
Based on the diagram posted. Looks like there may have been a tree obstructing the view of SS sniper to shooter.

Mind blowing that the roof shooter used was so close and wasn’t covered by SS.
There were no obstructions, clear line of sight

Screenshot_20240714_065643_Maps.jpg

Cole 392

Reaction score
Russia / China secret service - U.S. diversity

IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: DWC

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Sadly, we've crossed a line yesterday. @monkeyswrench made this same comment. I've always said that when assassinations enter the chat we can claim things match some of our darkest days in history. We are now there. Keep you head on a swivel, because I believe we will see more of this now that we have shown every nut job how easy it can be to take a shot at leaders, celebrities and decision makers.

It also further divides us citizens into tribes. For now, we won't all be just Americans, we will have to pick a side, there won't be much room for those that want to stay neutral. The IRA Troubles from 1969-2005 comes to mind. As does the Colombian Conflict La Violencia. These should give us pause as we don't wish for disruption to our wonderful lives and good fortune. If nothing else understand that civil conflict erodes our personal freedom, liberty and ability to build wealth.

IMHO Democrats are in a losing position now, even if they somehow win the election, they will lose the country. My hope is overwhelming victory by Republicans, full control over Congress and the White house and extreme restraint and focus on repairing our fractures. Democrats don't seem able to have the emotional intelligence to Make America Great.

When you call someone Hitler over and over, people will sacrifice themselves to stop a repeat of that terrible history.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Sadly, we've crossed a line yesterday. @monkeyswrench made this same comment. I've always said that when assassinations enter the chat we can claim things match some of our darkest days in history. We are now there. Keep you head on a swivel, because I believe we will see more of this now that we have shown every nut job how easy it can be to take a shot at leaders, celebrities and decision makers.

It also further divides us citizens into tribes. For now, we won't all be just Americans, we will have to pick a side, there won't be much room for those that want to stay neutral. The IRA Troubles from 1969-2005 comes to mind. As does the Colombian Conflict La Violencia. These should give us pause as we don't wish for disruption to our wonderful lives and good fortune. If nothing else understand that civil conflict erodes our personal freedom, liberty and ability to build wealth.

IMHO Democrats are in a losing position now, even if they somehow win the election, they will lose the country. My hope is overwhelming victory by Republicans, full control over Congress and the White house and extreme restraint and focus on repairing our fractures. Democrats don't seem able to have the emotional intelligence to Make America Great.

When you call someone Hitler over and over, people will sacrifice themselves to stop a repeat of that terrible history.
That sad part is that congress is one big uni-party, not many true conservative Republicans all a bunch of rhinos........

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'm certain many of the trump fans on this site were at the rally in bullhead/laughlin airport when he had his 2020 event there, right?

Well if you remember they had ss sharp shooters placed everywhere! Security was crazy tight getting into the event.

Heck, even had a military jet chase off some ass-clown in a private little plane because it got to close to the event.

This entire thing smells fishy, the deep state has tried everything, now they are desperate, and it shows.

He was a sitting President then, so security is a whole different animal in that situation. Not sure what level of protection former presidents get after leaving office, but they no longer are in a bubble, that's for sure.

Keep in mind Trump isn't even his party's official nominee yet. He is a bit different in the fact he's a former president running for office again, but normally candidates don't get SS protection until after the conventions.

Doesn't change the fact that, at least from the outside less than 24 hours after the event, it appears there were some major lapses in his security.

Your ad here

Reaction score
He was a sitting President then, so security is a whole different animal in that situation. Not sure what level of protection former presidents get after leaving office, but they no longer are in a bubble, that's for sure.

Keep in mind Trump isn't even his party's official nominee yet. He is a bit different in the fact he's a former president running for office again, but normally candidates don't get SS protection until after the conventions.

Doesn't change the fact that, at least from the outside less than 24 hours after the event, it appears there were some major lapses in his security.
I thought every former president has SS protection till their passing. Even though he's running for president he still is a former president.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240714_081212_Telegram.jpg

Screenshot_20240714_143634_Telegram.jpg

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I thought every former president has SS protection till their passing. Even though he's running for president he still is a former president.
They do, but not at the same level as when they were serving.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Only for ten years after leaving office now, and it isn't the same level as the president gets.

President Biden has a permanent 10 mile bubble around him. A candidate does not, not even a former president.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
FBT’s post #314 about our kids and grandkids was good. Psychologists found, post 911, many children thought the 911 attack was continuing and ongoing. They found this was because of the constant news coverage they were witnessing as it played on the televisions in their homes.

Distance from the shooter to Trump - For those who play golf, it was nothing more than the length of a “Par 3”.

Does the Secret Service operate under the Dept of Homeland Security? I’ve yet to see Mayorkas comment on yesterday’s attempted assassination.

The prep of the SS was inadequate. Devine Intervention wasn’t.

Last edited:

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score

Unfortunately 90% of what is causing the divide is misinformation from the press and the political parties. We have freedom of speech and freedom of the press, but you can’t yell fire in a crowded theater. The misinformation about Trump and his policies is yelling fire. Until the press is held accountable for blatant misinformation it will be hard to mend this country.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Any chance the counter sniper was local LE and not SS? I'm wondering if he thought the SS would take out shooter. Guy next to him looked SS, different get up and radio, both had matching rifles though.

Your ad here

Reaction score
They do, but not at the same level as when they were serving.
Only for ten years after leaving office now, and it isn't the same level as the president gets.

President Biden has a permanent 10 mile bubble around him. A candidate does not, not even a former president.
I know its not the same level. The post I quoted was written as he does not have any SS protection at all.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Any chance the counter sniper was local LE and not SS? I'm wondering if he thought the SS would take out shooter. Guy next to him looked SS, different get up and radio, both had matching rifles though.
One was SS the other CIA in case the first one missed. Same gov issued rifles. 🤷
I don’t want to believe that anyone in gov would try to take out one of our own citizens, but it has happened before. The liberals are getting desperate and so are the other ruling elites, so this conspiracy could be legit.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Apologies if I implied Trump did not have SS protection, he does as a former president.

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
Zoom in below the Police insignia on the Tac vest, looks like it says Secret Service. Looks like both guys are wearing the same Tac vest, the one on the right has comms on a headset.

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpeg
    IMG_2003.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 0

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

At a "Press Conference last evening the Chief Of Police indicated and "Deflected" direct questions about the LE Snipers and Security surrounding the event.

You Know!!, Just wait and be patient until the "Federal" Investigation is completed. ;)

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Zoom in below the Police insignia on the Tac vest, looks like it says Secret Service. Looks like both guys are wearing the same Tac vest, the one on the right has comms on a headset.
Had only seen pic on my phone, between it and my eyes I hadn't seen the SS beneath.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Substantial movement by the counter snipers can be seen in some of the videos. Were those movements a reaction to shots fired by the attempted assassin? Did they fire before or after the shooter?

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
It seems to me they had the guy made but their rules of engagement probably limited them engaging until he fired or proved he was a threat.

I would assume they had guys on foot working towards him as it sounds like they were on the roof pretty quick.

No doubt a miss on the part of SS and local police but I don’t think you can shoot everyone with a gun writhing 1000yds of a former president either. A fine line they fell on the wrong side of this time.

Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Local PD climbed to roof and shooter swung rifle at him, Barney fell off roof and injured himself per ABC.

It is INEXCUSABLE that all the warnings prior to this shooting went by the wayside with the instant communications of the SS, not to mention the simple fact that he was even allowed to close to that position with a rifle in tow.

Private security from here on out Donnie, F the system’s two-faced assurances.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Local PD climbed to roof and shooter swung rifle at him, Barney fell off roof and injured himself per ABC.

It is INEXCUSABLE that all the warnings prior to this shooting went by the wayside with the instant communications of the SS, not to mention the simple fact that he was even allowed to close to that position with a rifle in tow.

Like maybe put one of those two dunces from the close roof on the roof you're trying to protect from 150yds away?

Like another member stated about, no clue what the ROE are for these guys, sure seems like they are playing defense and were surprised when the guy they were looking at in their scopes actually pulled the trigger…..

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score

Blackwater guys seem like a great fit

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
We have people from all walks of life on this place, I am just one guy, a retired dumbass cop.
I know we have other LEO types here far smarter than I. I believe that any 3 of us on this message board with any training at all could have better secured this area. It appears this shooter got within 500 ft of the target with a rifle.
He got a high ground perch.
I am trying with all my might to understand how a security plan prepared and executed by a properly staffed and trained team of pros leaves such a glaring hole in the perimeter of a secured area where a person carrying a long gun can access the position this shooter got in to.
I can't get there from here.
I have heard talk of requests for more USSS agents for Trumps detail being denied.
I saw the interview where one rally attendee spoke to a reporter stating he had tried to raise the alert with security regarding the shooters presence on the roof, but his efforts were either ignored completely or not handled well.
I have noted the resume of the current head of the USSS. This person comes to the job with the lofty claim of expertise with PepsiCo and having worked with then VP Biden's security detail.
Last night during that late news conference an FBI spokesperson was asked by someone point blank if a request for more staff for Trumps security detail had been denied. The FBI agent said this was not true, then clarified no request had been made to the FBI to provide agents. I think I detected a slight smirk when he said that.
The FBI isn't tasked with this mission.
Those people jumping to Trumps aid were members of the USSS.

We need to hear from the head of the USSS regarding this important question.
I want to be clear here, the agents that jumped up on stage and shielded Trump with their bodies did their jobs. This is hat they are trained to do in the worst case scenario...shield him with their own body. We can critique the way they got him off stage and into the car, and we can critique the planning and execution of the security plan for the event, but in those few moments those people did their job.
Donald Trump is a big man, his close in detail should be big men, big, strong men capable of and willing to physically pick the man up and move his ass outta there post haste (waiting for his shoes...yeah..no...we going boss)
It won't be easy, heck I don't even know if it can be done anymore...but we, the American People, need a quick and complete investigation into this event. I suspect it will become a training tool for the future. If humans made human mistakes we need to find the area that was weak and train it out. If people knowingly made bad decisions then those people need to be dealt with. And, if there were staffing problems that lead to task saturation or other related
"can't be in two places at once" deals, we need answers.
We need to remember this is just the beginning of the general campaign season. I have read that once the party selects a nominee the staffing for security goes way up...but, considering the vitriol and language used over the past few years by
Trumps opposition someone should have seen this coming...not just us, someone in a position to staff up security.
I have lotsa questions.
I hope we get legit answers, not just another dog and pony show in some congressional committee hearing where these clowns read staff prepared remarks and pat themselves on the backs, fire barbs at each other in public then go have lunch together...etc.
But you watch, that is what this will turn into.

Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
It seems to me they had the guy made but their rules of engagement probably limited them engaging until he fired or proved he was a threat.

I would assume they had guys on foot working towards him as it sounds like they were on the roof pretty quick.

No doubt a miss on the part of SS and local police but I don’t think you can shoot everyone with a gun writhing 1000yds of a former president either. A fine line they fell on the wrong side of this time.

At a minimum, you remove Trump from the stage, at a minimum and that wasn’t done.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
We have people from all walks of life on this place, I am just one guy, a retired dumbass cop.
I know we have other LEO types here far smarter than I. I believe that any 3 of us on this message board with any training at all could have better secured this area. It appears this shooter got within 500 ft of the target with a rifle.
He got a high ground perch.
I am trying with all my might to understand how a security plan prepared and executed by a properly staffed and trained team of pros leaves such a glaring hole in the perimeter of a secured area where a person carrying a long gun can access the position this shooter got in to.
I can't get there from here.
I have heard talk of requests for more USSS agents for Trumps detail being denied.
I saw the interview where one rally attendee spoke to a reporter stating he had tried to raise the alert with security regarding the shooters presence on the roof, but his efforts were either ignored completely or not handled well.
I have noted the resume of the current head of the USSS. This person comes to the job with the lofty claim of expertise with PepsiCo and having worked with then VP Biden's security detail.
Last night during that late news conference an FBI spokesperson was asked by someone point blank if a request for more staff for Trumps security detail had been denied. The FBI agent said this was not true, then clarified no request had been made to the FBI to provide agents. I think I detected a slight smirk when he said that.
The FBI isn't tasked with this mission.
Those people jumping to Trumps aid were members of the USSS.

We need to hear from the head of the USSS regarding this important question.
I want to be clear here, the agents that jumped up on stage and shielded Trump with their bodies did their jobs. This is hat they are trained to do in the worst case scenario...shield him with their own body. We can critique the way they got him off stage and into the car, and we can critique the planning and execution of the security plan for the event, but in those few moments those people did their job.
Donald Trump is a big man, his close in detail should be big men, big, strong men capable of and willing to physically pick the man up and move his ass outta there post haste (waiting for his shoes...yeah..no...we going boss)
It won't be easy, heck I don't even know if it can be done anymore...but we, the American People, need a quick and complete investigation into this event. I suspect it will become a training tool for the future. If humans made human mistakes we need to find the area that was weak and train it out. If people knowingly made bad decisions then those people need to be dealt with. And, if there were staffing problems that lead to task saturation or other related
"can't be in two places at once" deals, we need answers.
We need to remember this is just the beginning of the general campaign season. I have read that once the party selects a nominee the staffing for security goes way up...but, considering the vitriol and language used over the past few years by
Trumps opposition someone should have seen this coming...not just us, someone in a position to staff up security.
I have lotsa questions.
I hope we get legit answers, not just another dog and pony show in some congressional committee hearing where these clowns read staff prepared remarks and pat themselves on the backs, fire barbs at each other in public then go have lunch together...etc.
But you watch, that is what this will turn into.
very well written

hallett21

Reaction score
Wouldn’t the snipers be able to communicate to the agents around Trump that they were seeing a potential threat and to remove him from the podium? Assuming their rules of engagement didn’t allow them to fire first.

Or is the story that the shooter truly was out of sight of all Secret Service and LEO?

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
We’ve been seeing it a lot lately with law enforcement, and now with the SS snipers…..they are second guessing themselves and that delay leads to unnecessary deaths of innocents.

Can’t say I blame them but society is less safe as a result. Terms and labels such as “shoot first ask questions later” and who made them “judge jury and executioner” come to mind. LEO’s are reluctant to take decisive action because they are subject to being prosecuted and sued.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Media pushing the registered Republican line.

Laughable, know your enemy.
Ahhh come on: Reset: As I said in past post, a reminder: Joes dad was eaten by cannibals and it was Joe Biden that held a 9 to Tojos head to sign the WWII surrender. Joe read it as World War eleven, but we understand.