WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OCM Offshore Custom Marine Lake Havasu City AZ

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
When you get the check, do not put it into your account. Take it to the bank it is drawn off of and get a Cashiers Check off of the funds of the Cashiers Check you have been sent. If you are a non-customer of that bank, it may cost you $5-$10 but at least you will know the funds are good and not risk a fee for depositing a bounced check.

Even if the Cashiers Check is drawn off the same bank you bank with, do the above.

J

What he said, a cashiers check is a false sense of security, you get one drawn then have it cancelled as lost. He hands it over while the cop is there and live is good for Tim, while the check is worthless when you deposit it.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What he said, a cashiers check is a false sense of security, you get one drawn then have it cancelled as lost. He hands it over while the cop is there and live is good for Tim, while the check is worthless when you deposit it.
Exact reason why when I bought my boat, seller wouldn't take a cashiers check and why I have never accepted cashiers checks for any transaction.

Probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but when Chris bought my Eliminator, he handed me an envelope with $12k cash in it while we were standing in the Bashas parking lot. Had the wife count it in the truck while we unhooked the boat. [emoji51]

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
do these transactions INSIDE YOUR BANK . In Az. the registrations need to be notarized, so do all of the transaction inside your own bank . This way everyone is on camera, and the bank people can verify the amounts and the notary .

If you are buying, go to his bank, get everything on camera ........

Enen

Reaction score
My guess... He splits tonight just like he did here in Oregon... Yep I know him, was a scammer here too... But please do all of us a favor, keep him.

I did business with Tim. Albeit, I never purchased or sold a boat. I have praised him many times on this board for the service I received. Like RD, I was hopeful that this would all work out, and everyone would walk away happy, or at least satisfied. It appears that will not be the case. Over the last week, his reputation has been shredded. I suppose he earned it.

If there is a pattern of this behavior/ bad business that goes back to Oregon, please share. At this point, you aren't going to spare his reputation any ill will.

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
I did business with Tim. Albeit, I never purchased or sold a boat. I have praised him many times on this board for the service I received. Like RD, I was hopeful that this would all work out, and everyone would walk away happy, or at least satisfied. It appears that will not be the case. Over the last week, his reputation has been shredded. I suppose he earned it.

If there is a pattern of this behavior/ bad business that goes back to Oregon, please share. At this point, you aren't going to spare his reputation any ill will.

Pattern....5 fake wires is not a pattern.. Ruputation, he should be in the Pen! This makes me sick, as a business owner that follows the rules...fuck him!

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
I am no body. I do have a question. In the beginning it was stated that the pink was signed over. Is that true and is that normal? I personally would never sign a pink without funds in my hand. If it sells, give me a call and I will be there in a reasonable time to complete the transaction. Maybe I missed something basic.

Someone stated you have a contract with the broker and the broker holds the pink slip.?

I think you sign a power of attorney.

Pretty sure they ask for titles signed. It seemed strange to me as well.

Do NOT do any of this when you broker something!!!!

I'm a very busy individual so I broker all my toys when I get bored with them and it's time to get something else. I've done it with cars, motorcycles, and boats.

When it's something that you have the title for, you take the title to the broker and they make a copy of it but you DO NOT sign it or leave it with them. When someone buys it, they take the item and you go down to the broker to give the title with you signing it in front of them while you they cut you a check. Verify right then and there that the check is good with their bank beforehand. You can have them wire the money if you don't trust them with a check. Then the broker does the title work for the buyer and gets him sent a new title for his purchase.

If there is a loan on the toy you're selling, it's the same deal except the broker cuts a check to the bank for payoff and one to you for the rest. The lien holder then releases the title directly to the broker who then in turn sends the paperwork off to have a new title sent to the buyer.

shueman

Reaction score
We had a consignment boat at Eliminator back in Juily, 30' Eagle.
Got a call from Canada on a Saturday "why is my boat on your website for sale?" "It's for sale at OCM in Havasu!"

The owner was from San Diego ... had him pick it up the next week (his "driver" did) ...

tb230razor

Reaction score
Got a call from Canada on a Saturday "why is my boat on your website for sale?" "It's for sale at OCM in Havasu!"

The owner was from San Diego ... had him pick it up the next week (his "driver" did) ...

This story just never ends huh?!! This is crazy

DaveH

Reaction score
does anyone have a pic of the boat that was sold?

I was on Mead yesterday....spotted a commander CX29 i have never seen before.....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Ok. You're gonna have to explain this. Lol. I can't follow what you are saying.

You had a boat on consignment in July. (Did you sell it?)

Tim had it for sale recently? (I'm guessing someone took it to Tim)

Someone from Canada called you. (What's his role in this)

But the owner in sand Diego had you pick it up? (Why would he pick it up? Did he not know it was at Tims?)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
te

But the owner in sand Diego had you pick it up? (Why would he pick it up? Did he not know it was at Tims?)
Yea Gary I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering what you wrote also. Please explain. :D

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

I didn't get it either. Could be the hangover...[emoji12]

sirbob

Reaction score

I'm a little confused - are you saying the boat was sold to someone in San Diego and they were now selling the boat through you guys...

But the original owner sold it through OCM but was not paid / or does not realize their boat had been sold to someone else?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
does anyone have a pic of the boat that was sold?

I was on Mead yesterday....spotted a commander CX29 i have never seen before.....
commander_7.png

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

te
Yea Gary I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering what you wrote also. Please explain. :D

I'm a little confused - are you saying the boat was sold to someone in San Diego and they were now selling the boat through you guys...

But the original owner sold it through OCM but was not paid / or does not realize their boat had been sold to someone else?

Yes [emoji2]

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

I got this. Eliminator had a boat for sale. A guy from Canada didn't even know his boat had been sold to another guy from San Diego. Canada guy called asking why they had it advertised. Eliminator realizing something was not right requested San Diego guy pick it up and get it off their property. San Diego guy doesn't even show but sends someone.

Cliff notes, OCM sold the boat and didn't tell the canada guy.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

Same thing different words in my post[emoji12]

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not that it really matters, but I think this is the Eliminator. main30 eagle.jpg

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Tim from ocm has a sand rail for sale on Glamis dunes website. He's claiming it's his and he customer is getting paid Monday. He claims one problem with a customer and the customer is always right... My ass, I posted a link to warn others of this crook.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Please take that information and evidence and call detective Fuller of Lake Havasu Police department on Monday. He has been investigating OCM for fraud since Feb.

I thought small town and maybe Tim pissed off the wrong guy so he was getting harassed for it.. There are more of these stories out there then I thought possible. I can't believe more people haven't stepped forward sooner.

Rd..the only reason people don't step up and say anything is because it's a waste of time as you are going to take it down..just as my problem..I have all the paper work and pictures of all my stuff it was legit. Just wanting to warn people just like what's going on over at OCM..That is not the type off people I wanna see anybody have to deal with. Mine was nowhere near the dollar amount that this guy is owed..but I still work pretty fucking for my money for someone to steal it and that is what he did..Just like Tim is doing to people stealing not right...period.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thursday, July 9, 2015
A lawsuit against a Lake Havasu City boat dealer over an $80,000 consignment payment was settled out of court and dropped last month, according to court records.
Christopher Collins, of Washington, sued Tim McDonald and Offshore Custom Marine, arguing that McDonald was withholding payment from a boat that McDonald had sold on consignment for Collins.
McDonald said that he had ?multiple transactions? with Collins and that the payment delay was the result of not having all the title paperwork in hand. It had been over a year since McDonald sold Collins? boat when the suit was filed in May.
While the court records don?t detail the settlement, McDonald said he paid Collins in full after receiving certain paperwork. The paperwork to drop the suit was filed on June 24.
?It was unfortunate that we couldn?t handle it between each other?? McDonald said. ?All you can do is make it right between the two and that?s what we did.?
The lawyer who represented Collins in the suit, Richard Rahnema of Havasu law firm Wachtel, Biehn & Malm, filed two similar suits against McDonald last year and has used strong language describing what he argues is a pattern of McDonald delaying payments on boats he has sold. Those suits were also settled out of court. Rahnema didn?t respond to a request for comment by press time on Wednesday.
McDonald, who runs his business out of a space on Industrial Boulevard and London Bridge Road and sells high-end performance boats, said he has learned to be more diligent about paperwork.
?The biggest concern and the problem people have is they don?t have their paperwork together, and you can?t do business, as I have learned, on handshakes,? McDonald said. ?They need to thoroughly understand the contract and have all of their documentation on the boat in hand.
Not his first rodeo eh?

boatpi

Reaction score
Anyone that was ripped PLEASE look at my post about my suggestions on how to legal respond. One main point is any repeated illegal act involving multiple victims, in this case grand theft. All DDA's look at the totally of the circumstances, more is better and a pattern of theft involving similar circumstances is often compelling. This goes for any set of crimes, not just this issue and individual. Like I said before, I do not know this person but have seen this set of circumstances many, many times over the years. My old saying in these circumstances is "If his lips are moving, he is lying".

One point that I did not mention. IF he used fake money transfers, the U.S. Mail to send ANY fake money or contract it could amount to mail fraud/wire fraud. these are federal crimes but generally not pursued by a U.S. Attorney unless the loss is significant, generally over 100K. In addition cities upon conviction may elect to revoke a business license and the AZ MVD can suspend or revoke a sales or dealers license. Involving the AZ MVD investigators might be a way to put additional pressure in this case. My 2 cents. BPI

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Another hit against our passion, think back a few years to the Trick Marine Fred 'fuckhead' Cecil.
Can't believe people continue to try and get by with this in our age of electronic technology. You
know it is more stressful to live a hustler's life than work a real job in the long run.

OR

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I got this. Eliminator had a boat for sale. A guy from Canada didn't even know his boat had been sold to another guy from San Diego. Canada guy called asking why they had it advertised. Eliminator realizing something was not right requested San Diego guy pick it up and get it off their property. San Diego guy doesn't even show but sends someone.

Cliff notes, OCM sold the boat and didn't tell the canada guy.

Wow.. I'm not even sure why I am surprised at this point..