WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OCM Offshore Custom Marine Lake Havasu City AZ

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
So what happens if he don't have that kind of money in the bank to pay the guy?
tumblr_mrqco7HBcH1qadupho1_400.gif

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
kind of brings back memories of the old boat brokers scam, sell the boat then call the old owner and try to knock them down on there price. that scam went to chit when they called the old owner of a boat that was sitting right next to his old boat and new owner of the boat in the channel before they told the old owner it was sold:rolleyes

JUST BE HONEST IN BIZ AND SHIT WON'T COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS!!!!!!!
Right? Pretty simple really.

jack14r

Reaction score
image.jpg
Here is the fake fedex envelope that he claimed he sent my trailer title in.I delt with lie after lie for at least 6 weeks and then he sent a forged fake title that was notarized and North Carolina processed it,I did get the real title from the actual owner after Tim finally paid him 4-5 months later.

glamis0812

Reaction score
What about the boat owners that have there boat parked at OCM and no clue of any of this. That sucks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 428854
Here is the fake fedex envelope that he claimed he sent my trailer title in.I delt with lie after lie for at least 6 weeks and then he sent a forged fake title that was notarized and North Carolina processed it,I did get the real title from the actual owner after Tim finally paid him 4-5 months later.

Please take that information and evidence and call detective Fuller of Lake Havasu Police department on Monday. He has been investigating OCM for fraud since Feb.

I thought small town and maybe Tim pissed off the wrong guy so he was getting harassed for it.. There are more of these stories out there then I thought possible. I can't believe more people haven't stepped forward sooner.

Backlash

Reaction score
Hey guys, can we stop suggesting that Tim or OCM actually sponsored Desert Storm or any other event?? This prick obviously has about $3 to his name so if ANYONE was sponsoring Desert Storm from OCM, it was the owners of the boats that he had sold and ripped off. ;)

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
According to the powers that be he has to wait until the Fed Ex envelope shows up. (It isn't scheduled to show up until monday before 8pm) If there's a check in there and it cashes he moves on with his life. If anything goes weird with it, then his next step is to start following the footsteps of 29'Commander to seek resolution.

He can't do anything until after the Fed Ex situation plays out though.

RD

Your buddy can contact Fedex with the tracking number and have them hold it at their facility, which would allow him to pick it up first thing in the morning.

RCDave

Reaction score
Very few banks carry 60k in cash to disperse to one client. I know when I cashed a 35k check once I had to come back the next day.

True but the client has but to request that much cash from the bank one day prior. Any bank will do this.

But we all know that ain't gonna happen. The dude already fled the state or the USA. If not bubba is getting very excited about all the virgin crack he's gonna be he gettin

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
True but the client has but to request that much cash from the bank one day prior. Any bank will do this.

But we all know that ain't gonna happen. The dude already fled the state or the USA. If not bubba is getting very excited about all the virgin crack he's gonna be he gettin
It's comedic to talk about "Bubba" and all but I'd much rather see him pay all his debts first.

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
As previously stated, hopefully he has a bond required for dealer license and people will ultimately get their money, just may take some time.

HavasuHaulin

Reaction score
Im sure OCM will just file bankruptcy , and then others will be screwed out of there money also. I imagine there are others that are owed money also.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That sucks! Man I hope his check is good

It'll be as real as the flying check-delivery monkeys shooting out of Tim's ass.

Im sure OCM will just file bankruptcy , and then others will be screwed out of there money also. I imagine there are others that are owed money also.

There's a ton of criminal fraud involved, a BK doesn't make any of that go away.

HavasuHaulin

Reaction score
It'll be as real as the flying check-delivery monkeys shooting out of Tim's ass.

There's a ton of criminal fraud involved, a BK doesn't make any of that go away.
Your right, but in a desperate mans mind, it will buy time.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Oh my gosh. I went to the liquor store for while to stock up on Jameson and popcorn and this thread grew by 10 pages while I was out.

This reads like a Jim and Tammy Fay Baker sort of story

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Your buddy can contact Fedex with the tracking number and have them hold it at their facility, which would allow him to pick it up first thing in the morning.

This is 100% accurate. Tell him to do this then won't have to wait all day wondering

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Yup and if it was the Nordic in that garage that was a pretty sweet boat [emoji17]

I hear about this happen a lot in the construction industry. It really is mind blogging, people who benefit from the sweat of another's brow. I think a lot of members were hoping OCM would close immediately, and reality is, things don't happen that fast.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Filing bankruptcy costs money..... hard to do it if you don't have any. I wonder if he is current on the rent for the building?

How to make a small fortune in the boat business.....Start with a large one. :rolleyes

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Just went through the whole thread out of shear boredom.

If Tim is upside down and has no cash flow he should notify all parties involved and do his best to resolve this.
Then close the business down in a respectful manner.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is it really that hard of a business? I really want to make my way into the boat business some way but I like making money

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Thursday, July 9, 2015
A lawsuit against a Lake Havasu City boat dealer over an $80,000 consignment payment was settled out of court and dropped last month, according to court records.
Christopher Collins, of Washington, sued Tim McDonald and Offshore Custom Marine, arguing that McDonald was withholding payment from a boat that McDonald had sold on consignment for Collins.
McDonald said that he had ?multiple transactions? with Collins and that the payment delay was the result of not having all the title paperwork in hand. It had been over a year since McDonald sold Collins? boat when the suit was filed in May.
While the court records don?t detail the settlement, McDonald said he paid Collins in full after receiving certain paperwork. The paperwork to drop the suit was filed on June 24.
?It was unfortunate that we couldn?t handle it between each other?? McDonald said. ?All you can do is make it right between the two and that?s what we did.?
The lawyer who represented Collins in the suit, Richard Rahnema of Havasu law firm Wachtel, Biehn & Malm, filed two similar suits against McDonald last year and has used strong language describing what he argues is a pattern of McDonald delaying payments on boats he has sold. Those suits were also settled out of court. Rahnema didn?t respond to a request for comment by press time on Wednesday.
McDonald, who runs his business out of a space on Industrial Boulevard and London Bridge Road and sells high-end performance boats, said he has learned to be more diligent about paperwork.
?The biggest concern and the problem people have is they don?t have their paperwork together, and you can?t do business, as I have learned, on handshakes,? McDonald said. ?They need to thoroughly understand the contract and have all of their documentation on the boat in hand.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score

This is 100% accurate. Tell him to do this then won't have to wait all day wondering

It was delivered to the Irvine main annex this morning. I immediately went down to try and pick it up. Unfortunately it is in a large pod that won't be sorted and ready for any type of delivery or pick up until Monday.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Is it really that hard of a business? I really want to make my way into the boat business some way but I like making money

That's what a lot of people are thinking on here.

I guess we need to get inline to buy the business. :thumbup:

wishiknew

Reaction score
kind of brings back memories of the old boat brokers scam, sell the boat then call the old owner and try to knock them down on there price. that scam went to chit when they called the old owner of a boat that was sitting right next to his old boat and new owner of the boat in the channel before they told the old owner it was sold:rolleyes

JUST BE HONEST IN BIZ AND SHIT WON'T COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS!!!!!!!

boaters outlet is gone now its car brokers in the same building dont know if its the same guy though

Joker

Reaction score
I hope these 2 things get cleared up for the sake of the owners.

lebel409

Reaction score
boaters outlet is gone now its car brokers in the same building dont know if its the same guy though

Ha, not. I buy Chlorine from the pool store on the SE corner...they've been put through the wringer with BO...Their family owns the building and I can guarantee that BO is not the new car dudes.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Monday... Tim will be long gone nowhere to be found... skipped town...outta here. cops should have put an anklet on him! fucken scum bag! :skull

He wont leave, people like this think they did nothing wrong. They believe they can prove this out in court, they were just "unlucky". Trust me, seen this happen before. Guys like this have brass balls, they don't think like normal people. That's why they can lie to your face, several times in a row.

rush1

Reaction score
As soon as ocm closes the doors Nordic should get that property for a showroom, that's some prime real estate :thumbup:

Cray Paper

Reaction score
just picked up a boat from there, Tim not on site but all was calm and went easy, now that the asset is safe we just wait and see how things pan out. it's pretty much all or nothing for OCM now, Tim has a huge weight on his shoulders right now and only time will tell how he handles the load. OCM has been a big part and valued sponsor of Desert Storm for many years I wish Tim and all involved the best in resolving any issues and moving forward in a honest and trust worth path;)

Where do you think that money came from? What is happening is the death throws of this guys sham. Big baller spending other people money to be the good guy.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It was delivered to the Irvine main annex this morning. I immediately went down to try and pick it up. Unfortunately it is in a large pod that won't be sorted and ready for any type of delivery or pick up until Monday.
Praying that things go smoothly for you Kurt.

867-5309

Reaction score

When you get the check, do not put it into your account. Take it to the bank it is drawn off of and get a Cashiers Check off of the funds of the Cashiers Check you have been sent. If you are a non-customer of that bank, it may cost you $5-$10 but at least you will know the funds are good and not risk a fee for depositing a bounced check.

Even if the Cashiers Check is drawn off the same bank you bank with, do the above.

J

Ol Man

Reaction score
I am no body. I do have a question. In the beginning it was stated that the pink was signed over. Is that true and is that normal? I personally would never sign a pink without funds in my hand. If it sells, give me a call and I will be there in a reasonable time to complete the transaction. Maybe I missed something basic.

Joker

Reaction score
I am no body. I do have a question. In the beginning it was stated that the pink was signed over. Is that true and is that normal? I personally would never sign a pink without funds in my hand. If it sells, give me a call and I will be there in a reasonable time to complete the transaction. Maybe I missed something basic.

Someone stated you have a contract with the broker and the broker holds the pink slip.?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty sure they ask for titles signed. It seemed strange to me as well.