WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lil Baller - UCLA

Singleton

Reaction score
Reports are all charges have been dropped. WTF? Videos showed they took them.
If not for Trump these young adults would still be in China and looking at a year in prison. Hopefully UCLA does the right thing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Reports are all charges have been dropped. WTF? Videos showed they took them.
If not for Trump these young adults would still be in China and looking at a year in prison. Hopefully UCLA does the right thing.

Yea right.. UCLA wanted these guys out of there and this over. They can't have their merchandising and ticket take touched. These guys wont get any more than a slap on the wrist publicly, and less privately.

Last edited:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
If they don't cut off their hands and flog them until they bleed out, I'm boycotting NCAA men's B-Ball and all Chinese products......

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If they don't cut off their hands and flog them until they bleed out, I'm boycotting NCAA men's B-Ball and all Chinese products......

So we will see you when you decide to stop living under a rock then. Hopefully the rock was never over in China millions of years ago.

nowski

Reaction score
Hangover in a Drum.jpg
Yes, I've been hitting the sauce a little too much lately. How I love a shot of Nitro in the morning...

BTW it's very rare for anyone in the sports world to get charged with any crimes they commit. It's usually a slap on the wrist, ten push ups and get back to practice Johnny...

Last edited:

Old Texan

Reaction score
So we will see you when you decide to stop living under a rock then. Hopefully the rock was never over in China millions of years ago.
One must maintain one's principles now doesn't one.......;)

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
This isn't about Trump, he is the President of the United States and he SHOULD intervene on the behalf of U.S. citizens.
This isn't about China, they turned a blind eye to their own laws as a favor to the U.S. and possibly to the detriment of themselves and their own citizens view of what's fair.
This is about the morons who were in a foreign country representing not only their university but our country as a whole. They have embarrassed ALL of us and perpetuated the stereotype of the ugly American.
I will be looking to UCLA and how they choose to handle the incident going forward.
If this is effectively swept under the rug then UCLA should be the object of your ire and disgust, not Trump or China.

Old Texan

Reaction score
This isn't about Trump, he is the President of the United States and he SHOULD intervene on the behalf of U.S. citizens.
This isn't about China, they turned a blind eye to their own laws as a favor to the U.S. and possibly to the detriment of themselves and their own citizens view of what's fair.
This is about the morons who were in a foreign country representing not only their university but our country as a whole. They have embarrassed ALL of us and perpetuated the stereotype of the ugly American.
I will be looking to UCLA and how they choose to handle the incident going forward.
If this is effectively swept under the rug then UCLA should be the object of your ire and disgust, not Trump or China.
I read through the GMA article and the PAC-12 commish thanked Trump. Trump and Xi did this as a favor between nations and it benefited the 3 idiots.

Now as stated it's up to UCLA to do what is right and send a very open and firm message. Minimum to me would be an immediate suspension from the team for the season, removal of all priviledges that come with their scholarship, and they must maintain a passing grade average and attendance for the next year.

That is getting off easy. The fact that charges were dropped, likely will make it difficult to add any real punishment over and above the minimal. Hopefully it is possible to stipulate any further incidents can be cause for additional punishment including being expelled.

Be nice to have a way to put a muzzle on Papa Ball. He'll probably be more an issue than the kid after the fact.

DC-88

Reaction score
I think I just became a Trump hater.
Obama wouldv'e probably paid more than got wasted on that deserter Bergdahl to get a precious Ball brother home. Let's hope Trump lived up to my expectations of him and quickly brokered a deal where Ball's dad and his overpriced company takes it in the ass from China for years to come , while Trump's approval rating rises at the Ball's expense--

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Man I hate being right sometimes, now here is where I get disappointed in the lack of public outcry and crucifixion like they did to Ryan Lochte and the other US swimmers in Rio who ripped a poster off a gas station wall after taking a piss and then getting shaken down for cash by a dude with a gun pointed at them. All of social media calling for their heads on the shame they brought the country. Granted, dumbasses, but I think willfully stealing expensive ass shit in a country like China is way dumber and more damaging. The 2nd best US Olympian (by medal count) ever and his career completely ruined.

I think suspension from team and privileges of scholarship revoked for the year is totally fair. And if UCLA don't step up and do it, hopefully NCAA bitch slaps them as ineligible.

Riley1

Reaction score
In a world where schools kick kids out for Facebook posts, these criminals only get suspended! Disgusting but not surprising.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Where's their loud ass daddy now? He's always got something to say.

I guess he's been hanging out with Jordan
image.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
What a Fn joke all 3 reading from a script. kick them the fuck off the team and out of school for at least the year.
They all admitted to the crime. UCLA student code of conduct makes this easy. They all should be kicked out of the school. If that does not occur, just shows you how f’d society is. If I was an alumni, I would be calling for all 3 to be tossed!

4Waters

Reaction score
It's funny Fox 11 just reported that they are deciding who will payback the bail money of 2200usd for the 3 idots. 2200 are you kidding me this has to be a mistake, if not they should get a go-fund-me going.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The "ignore my dumbass shit" power our social fabric has empowered athletes with is out of control.
I'm so over watching most any sport nowadays. Way too many entitled Professional PrimaDonnas.

Singleton

Reaction score
It's funny Fox 11 just reported that they are deciding who will payback the bail money of 2200usd for the 3 idots. 2200 are you kidding me this has to be a mistake, if not they should get a go-fund-me going.
The bail money was refunded. I watched the AD speak (and only listed to him) and he specifically said when charges were dismissed, the bail money was refunded. Problem is UCLA paid the bail money for the students which is an NCAA violation.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Man I hate being right sometimes, now here is where I get disappointed in the lack of public outcry and crucifixion like they did to Ryan Lochte and the other US swimmers in Rio who ripped a poster off a gas station wall after taking a piss and then getting shaken down for cash by a dude with a gun pointed at them. All of social media calling for their heads on the shame they brought the country. Granted, dumbasses, but I think willfully stealing expensive ass shit in a country like China is way dumber and more damaging. The 2nd best US Olympian (by medal count) ever and his career completely ruined.

I think suspension from team and privileges of scholarship revoked for the year is totally fair. And if UCLA don't step up and do it, hopefully NCAA bitch slaps them as ineligible.

I am no fan of Lochte's but he got screwed.

I still want Lauer's balls after he ruined Lochte's career by slandering him through out the investigation...there never even was a retraction after he was found innocent.

I fucking hate the media.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
"did not use the best judgement" in the pre-written statement shit is what really chaps my ass. It wasn't a judgement call to be a criminal or not. A judgement call when you fuck up is like, "I had a game tomorrow night but went out and partied hard the night before, that was not using the best judgement". Still not admitting it and owning it, you chose to do something fucking stupid because you wanted to get away with it. Plain and simple

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am no fan of Lochte's but he got screwed.

I still want Lauer's balls after he ruined Lochte's career by slandering him through out the investigation...there never even was a retraction after he was found innocent.

I fucking hate the media.

More video released of that witch hunt than any of our recent tragedies too :mad:

gmnhra

Reaction score
"indefinite suspension"...
sure.....college hoops is big money....I say they are back on the court before pac 12 starts....

58 people died in vegas and in less than 6 weeks no one gives a shit...

maybe its jealousy but the entitlement and privilege we grant athletes is a bit over the top in this country.
that poor kid in N Korea stole or f'd with a sign or a banner and it cost him his life
maybe the NFL guys can take a knee for these dipshit kids to protest how unfairly they are being treated.

Old Texan

Reaction score
The bail money was refunded. I watched the AD speak (and only listed to him) and he specifically said when charges were dismissed, the bail money was refunded. Problem is UCLA paid the bail money for the students which is an NCAA violation.
I've been curious about who should be responsible for the additional portion of the hotel bill? UCLA likely paid it, but it would be unrelated to the B-Ball trip.

And I'd think the airfare would go up as the original tickets were likely group rates. There are many hidden costs these punks brought on the school that should be reimbursed by them......There's costs from fucking up and they go beyond saying you're sorry. No way should they play again until they get square on the money they wasted.

Bet the public nevers hears a peep about this shit.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
They should be treated like any other student would be. They signed the code of ethics, and it shouldn't be about the team at all. Any average student would be dismissed from the school, PERMANENTLY. The fact that China dropped the charges doesn't play - they admitted guilt of a felonious act. Done, out , over. Any network that shows them playing, and any donor that allows them to stay is complicit in their criminality.

relaxalot

Reaction score
What would WOODEN say? That is a tongue twister.. Coach Wooden.. one of the great ones WWWSay!

530RL

Reaction score
What would WOODEN say? That is a tongue twister.. Coach Wooden.. one of the great ones WWWSay!

Don't shoot the messenger but he would say the same thing the vast majority of people in American business, sports, politics and life say.........the only thing that really matters is winning.....

It may be sad and it may be cynical, but i've learned to set low expectations so that I am rarely disappointed.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/12227/the-other-part-of-the-wooden-legacy

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/08/sports/la-sp-0609-wooden-gilbert-20100609

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ask Bobby Knight what he thinks of Wooden..lol Sam Gilbert paid for a lot of Woodens Championship teams.

jpf091959

Reaction score
Taking full responsibility would be doing the time. Can you imagine, they have disgraced America. They didn't steal a pouch of Copenhagen, they created an international incident.

Wow, they will be back on the courts in no time. They should be kicked out of school period.

Last edited:

Raffit78

Reaction score
The Ball thief and father are heading to thank President Trump in person. I mean..... you just can’t make this up.

Is president Trump THAT desperate for minority votes? Oh wait....

Singleton

Reaction score
The Ball thief and father are heading to thank President Trump in person. I mean..... you just can’t make this up.

Ball Thief is supposed to be focusing on his studies. Guess he has better things to do then try to be a model student and earn his way back onto the team.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Where did you hear / read that at. Link?

530RL

Reaction score
Ball Thief is supposed to be focusing on his studies. Guess he has better things to do then try to be a model student and earn his way back onto the team.

He is going to be studying on the return home flight. :D

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
So, the word is, they are trying to decide between suspending them half a season, right up until conference play starts, or the whole season. If they go whole season, the two players besides Ball, who were both top 100 recruits, will transfer to a different school. That pisses me off, I really want NCAA to make them ineligible, and they can, they can do whatever they want, this will be, yet again, them circumventing consequences and discipline. Send the message NCAA, these kids are still getting off light, they should be kissing the ground and just glad to be back in the USA. :mad:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
So, the word is, they are trying to decide between suspending them half a season, right up until conference play starts, or the whole season. If they go whole season, the two players besides Ball, who were both top 100 recruits, will transfer to a different school. That pisses me off, I really want NCAA to make them ineligible, and they can, they can do whatever they want, this will be, yet again, them circumventing consequences and discipline. Send the message NCAA, these kids are still getting off light, they should be kissing the ground and just glad to be back in the USA. :mad:
What's stopping the kids from transferring now and use a redshirt? They could go to a JC or a D2 for a year and then transfer.

Scott E

Reaction score
If they go whole season, the two players besides Ball, who were both top 100 recruits, will transfer to a different school.

It's just unnamed sources claiming this the transfer possibility at this time.

If these 3 idiots really want to prove they were remorseful and meaningful in their apologies, that the theft really was out of character then they should stay at UCLA if they get suspended the entire season. That will really show their character. I doubt that will happen though. Complete asshats.

Singleton

Reaction score
Hearing the same rumor. However I am hearing that UCLA will not announce the full season ban until the spring semester starts, thus forcing the issue with the players and reducing the risk of them dropping out this fall, transferring and then being eligible the fall of 2018. If UCLA announces the ban after spring semester starts, if the players want to transfer they are not eligible until fall 2019.

If they play this year I am also hearing some big time supporters of the program are going to be pissed. Right now IMO, UCLA wants these young adults to face punishment without them leaving the program and transferring this fall.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's just unnamed sources claiming this the transfer possibility at this time.

If these 3 idiots really want to prove they were remorseful and meaningful in their apologies, that the theft really was out of character then they should stay at UCLA if they get suspended the entire season. That will really show their character. I doubt that will happen though. Complete asshats.

But then they would miss a whole year of being NBA stars....fucking douches need to be kicked out of UCLA and the NCAA.

They are lucky as fuck to even be home.

78Southwind

Reaction score
So is the NCAA going to step in and send some sanctions UCLA's way?

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Its freaking China. If you can't afford the real thing in the store just go to the factory direct apartment building where they have whole apartments filled with this crap straight from the factory that makes it for the lablel. F-ing stupid. They got really lucky that Trump was there to bail them out. Trump protected US citizens which is his job. They are kids who made a mistake granted a freaking incredibly stupid one. If this kid is rolling in a Ferrari then he deserved to have his hand chopped off for stealing from a store in China and causing an international incident. The dad reminds me of the peep show dad from HBO's Carnivale pimping out his family. Lavar actually seems like he is grounded somehow which is a huge compliment considering his family. Wonder how long before a Kardashian is dating one of them.