WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Latter Day Saints

Reaction score
Spending most of my days in a library, I read a lot and find myself a literary scholar but that would be the extent of my posting anything from the bible here.

Eyeroll.

Sent from manly black iPhone using tapatalk!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'll see your eye-rolls and raise you a "pffft..."

screaming pete

Reaction score
Yes I would. I'm sure there is chicken and watermelon there. And white women angels to wash my truck and jet boat, shhhhhittttttttttttttt lol.

Wait, no jokes like that aloud.

Best 460 sig line up for grabs....:D

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
If JBS can post his porpaganda. I guess the otherside should be rep'd!
Maybe just maybe George has it right?

Last edited by a moderator:

screaming pete

Reaction score
I'm not really BLACK just so you know. And do you know if the bandwagon is planing to make a stop in Havasu i'm thinking about getting on.:D

MK if your not Black you Wanna B Black...cuz you wear the AFRO wig all the time..:eek:

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus loves you all, including the Old Testament Folks. :thumbsup

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Ahhhh, a 12 page circular religious semi-peaceful debate thread. Winter is officially here. We'll know Spring is coming when the next one appears and deaththreats are included and/or members are threatening to quit the forum........One day a college stduent will do an essay on forum banter and how to tell what time of the year it is by posting content. Who ever said this stuff is a conmplete waste of time?:skull

Reaction score
Where do you get off insulting the Canadian vernacular? I've never been so insulted.

Take it back. :mad:

The don't make fun of people or there religion or there race police are going to come get me huh?

Reaction score
Absolutely, the Vatican has even nominated RitcheyRich for their Patron Saint. :thumbsup :D

POW!

500bbc

Reaction score
The don't make fun of people or there religion or there race police are going to come get me huh?

Hey!

Does your wife know about your fetish for white wimmin?:p

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I have a question for "those of faith" My wife has been told by the religious parents of her deceased first husband that they will be reunited in heaven when she dies. WHAT ABOUT ME WHEN I DIE?? Does he get her if she dies before me? Should I die first and then when she dies he and I do Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets her?? What if I die and she remarries again?

I have asked this and many other questions from people "Of Faith" and they can never give me a straight answer. I was raised as a mormon, my best friend is jewish, I went to a lutheran school and my sister in laws parents are catholic. I've absorbed a lot of info over the years through all of these people and some of the simplest questions stump them or they fall back on the ever popular "it's gods plan"

I'm not trying to piss anybody off but if your religious beliefs surface I am going to see if you can answer questions that I have yet to have answered.
Thank you for your time,
;):D

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'm not trying to piss anybody off but if your religious beliefs surface I am going to see if you can answer questions that I have yet to have answered.

I can answer your question and I might have some excellent news for you.

How you feel about three way sex?

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
I have a question for "those of faith" My wife has been told by the religious parents of her deceased first husband that they will be reunited in heaven when she dies. WHAT ABOUT ME WHEN I DIE?? Does he get her if she dies before me? Should I die first and then when she dies he and I do Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets her?? What if I die and she remarries again?

I have asked this and many other questions from people "Of Faith" and they can never give me a straight answer. I was raised as a mormon, my best friend is jewish, I went to a lutheran school and my sister in laws parents are catholic. I've absorbed a lot of info over the years through all of these people and some of the simplest questions stump them or they fall back on the ever popular "it's gods plan"

That would be a Mormon belief and not those "of Faith". Christianity, Judaism all have faith. Don't lump them all together now. I am of the belief that Mormons are NOT Christians.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I am of the belief that Mormons are NOT Christians.

These religious threads tend to work better when people share their beliefs and listen to how others feel.

If Mormons believe in Christ, they are Christians in my book. More importantly, I will respect how they self identify.

JBS

Reaction score
That would be a Mormon belief and not those "of Faith". Christianity, Judaism all have faith. Don't lump them all together now. I am of the belief that Mormons are NOT Christians.

Not a very nice thing to say.

There are many people on this forum that you have brought great pain to with that comment.

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score

Thank you for your time,

In the Mormon religion, you will end up in heaven with the people you are sealed to. Just because one person is sealed to more than one people does not mean that they will have to choose only one person.

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score

Wow... Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ and his teachings. The Church of Jeaus Christ of Latter-Days Saints follows the teachings of Christ.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Yes I would. I'm sure there is chicken and watermelon there. And white women angels to wash my truck and jet boat, shhhhhittttttttttttttt lol.

Wait, no jokes like that aloud.

Don't worry if no chicken. Everything tastes like chicken in heaven is the word. :p

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
If Mormons believe in Christ, they are Christians in my book. More importantly, I will respect how they self identify.

Now my next comment is completely off kilter and in no comparison to the Mormon comment as I'll answer that to he who PMed me but I do want to address self identification:

So if a guy tells you that he is a woman, you'll accept that? How about a wolf, who tells you he is a sheep? Will you'll accept that? That man self identifies himself as a woman and that is okay? If you can do that, more power to you.......

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Not a very nice thing to say.

There are many people on this forum that you have brought great pain to with that comment.

Not really as we're going to have a civilized conversation in regards to it. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
According to the brochures, everything is lifted in Heaven.

Paul, if I were to put in a special request ahead of time and state I enjoyed livin in the 80's, do you think I might be able to get a lowered truck? Just a thought. Lifts for me only work when they are preceded by scissor or fork.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Hey Tyro,

Heaven is just around the corner for you :D

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 152

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Paul, if I were to put in a special request ahead of time and state I enjoyed livin in the 80's, do you think I might be able to get a lowered truck? Just a thought. Lifts for me only work when they are preceded by scissor or fork.

If it were up to me, everyone would get a choice except Tom. Tom is getting a lifted truck if I have any say.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Wow... Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ and his teachings. The Church of Jeaus Christ of Latter-Days Saints follows the teachings of Christ.

I believe in the bible and it stops there. The Jesus of Christianity is God, and He always was, always is, and always will be.

The Jesus of Mormonism, also god in their belief, but was once a man. As god is, man once was. As god is, man may become. They believe in eternal progression, that they too can become a god.

JBS

Reaction score
It's sad that although this thread might have started as the curiosity of the original poster, it has not come to be an attack on people's religion, knowing that a member here belongs to that faith.

I would hope that people either have respect of other people's beliefs. This thread shows quite the hate of some people on here and definitely their ignorance.

Not really as we're going to have a civilized conversation in regards to it. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

You are so full of Shit

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
You are so full of Shit

Again, you brought me down to your level and beat me with experience. :rolleyes:

Have I disrespected any? I would not think so. I have stated my belief as they have theirs. I have answered any questions that have been PMed me without a neener neener neener which seems to be your only answer to anything.

I will tell you, and this could be meant with disrespect, that you have the conversation skills of a child. Grow up and learn to have a civilized conversation, even if it is the internet.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Not my choice of words, but I'll agree nonetheless.

If I misquoted below, just let me know......

I believe in the bible and it stops there. The Jesus of Christianity is God, and He always was, always is, and always will be.

The Jesus of Mormonism, also god in their belief, but was once a man. As god is, man once was. As god is, man may become. They believe in eternal progression, that they too can become a god.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score

Well, that's funny, because the parents that's told her this are devout Catholics :rolleyes:

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Now my next comment is completely off kilter and in no comparison to the Mormon comment as I'll answer that to he who PMed me but I do want to address self identification:

So if a guy tells you that he is a woman, you'll accept that? How about a wolf, who tells you he is a sheep? Will you'll accept that? That man self identifies himself as a woman and that is okay? If you can do that, more power to you.......

I don't want to be rude but................are you having an acid flashback ?

Reaction score
Hey Tyro,

Heaven is just around the corner for you :D

Jokes on you, that's the getto section of heaven. I buy from Popeyes, the uppity side.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Nope. I've never taken any illegal drugs.

Looks like your going to heaven.
If it turns out your right and i am judged by god and i go to hell I'm ok with that.............I've lived in havasu for over 6 yrs................I prefer the warmer climate ;)
For those that know me if i have offended you by my take on religion I am sorry, that was not my intention. As for the rest of you.................get fucked :skull

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
Nope. I've never taken any illegal drugs.

Maybe you should have! Your Pseudo-intellectual rambling make you appear chemically imbalanced.

You can't even keep the religious crew on your side. You post your bumper sticker comebacks and never say anything of substance! Trying to argue faith based on nothing more than some delusional opinion shows your ignorance!

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score

Thank you for your time,

First things first.
When someone dies the scriptures are clear that they will ultimately be judged. Remember the thief beside the Savior being crucified? The Lord clearly stated to him "To day, shalt thou be with me in "Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
Different churches will give you their take on Paradise, which is referred to a number of times in the New Testament as a Spirit World where spirits will await resurrection which will come to all - despite their beliefs.
Many believe this spirit world will contain additional teaching and instructions for the spirits who otherwise would accept gospel truths to do so. The other news is that whatever spirit possesses us here on earth will also prevail there so it's not like a complete agnostic will all of a sudden become a devout believer nor will an antagonist suddenly accept religious truths so the notion of death bed conversions or post death conversions is false. What we come to believe in our hearts here on earth will remain our beliefs, generally speaking. This spirit world will be very valuable to civilizations that never had exposure to Christ's gospel but were good people such as primitive tribes, sheltered groups or even religiously deprived societies or individuals. It is believed that many may generally accept the teachings once they receive them. Then, the baptism for the dead, as spoken of by Paul, (1Corr 15:29) will have full effect for, and in behalf, of these spirits as if they had been baptized here on earth which Christ clearly stated is a requirement (St. John 3:5.)
Many believe the reason some are taken from this earth prematurely such as children dying, etc. is because they were already proven valiant and needed as teachers in this spirit world hence, the answer, how could God allow such a thing to happen? He simply needed them there more than they needed to be tested in this mortal probation called life.
The family is central to God's plan and it will be so in the eternities. Those who qualify to go to heaven after a fair judgement will be assembled into family units. Unfortunately, some may be missing from that unit but God's law is crystal clear on what is required of us to reach this eternal destiny. Personally, it's worth everything for me to continue the associations I enjoy here eternally. That's why I practice religion. I also understand a good many don't believe as I do and live their lives differently as a result. That's our choice - another God given right. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
You are so full of Shit

Again, you brought me down to your level and beat me with experience. :rolleyes:

Have I disrespected any? I would not think so. I have stated my belief as they have theirs. I have answered any questions that have been PMed me without a neener neener neener which seems to be your only answer to anything.

I will tell you, and this could be meant with disrespect, that you have the conversation skills of a child. Grow up and learn to have a civilized conversation, even if it is the internet.

Epic not worth my time to put any thought into a conversation with you. Just calling it as I see it. You say others should not discuss these things and yet you feel empowered to say things that are not true.

Not my choice of words, but I'll agree nonetheless.

Thank You Doc.

I have no idea what Epic's agenda is here but to tell someone that their beliefs are wrong is not going to fly with me or many others. I believe in Freedom of Religion.

Epic I know you will not answer as I have asked before but I will ask once again just so it is clear.

Who are you?

Where do you boat?

Post up pictures of you and your mom....

I mean wife/girlfriend.

Is it cool in your basement bedroom at your parents house year round?

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Maybe you should have! Your Pseudo-intellectual rambling make you appear chemically imbalanced.

You can't even keep the religious crew on your side. You post your bumper sticker comebacks and never say anything of substance! Trying to argue faith based on nothing more than some delusional opinion shows your ignorance!

I'm pretty sure that much of my delusional opionion is written down in a book. ;)

Personally, it's worth everything for me to continue the associations I enjoy here eternally. That's why I practice religion. I also understand a good many don't believe as I do and live their lives differently as a result. That's our choice - another God given right. Hope this helps.

:thumbsup