WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Latter Day Saints

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Jesus is my drug. Roach with me, Riverson. It will bring so much love into your life, the rebirth will carry you to heights that did not exist for you before.

Why do i hear Mr. Miyagy's voice in my head when I read this???

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Riverson...

Attachments

• mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg
    mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 184

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
This guy found Jesus...he was at the river.

Fixed it for you.;)

Wheeler

The show is over ....
Roller sold the Cole, I wonder what he's gonna do for an encore.
Attached Images

11-13-11, 11:23 AM #2
Wheeler

Attached Images

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I really regret reading this thread,just was not smart enough to stay away from reading it.The opinions and ability to write some of the stuff you guys write is amazing.

Why is that? You are amazed by some people's opinions on religion in general? or on the Mormon religion?

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
BTW, IMO, Mormons believe Jesus is the son of God = Christian. What other Christians opinion of their other beliefs is, is irrelevant. Belief that there was an immaculate conception and that Christ resurrected 3 days after his execution is the foundation of Christianity. Therefore, Mormons are Christian. Everything else just makes each variety of Christianity (thank you Dr. Luther) just that, a different variety. Same with Jehovah Witnesses.

It's easy on the outside to want to lump them all together and say that they're all Christianity. This would also enable one to find error and contradiction on their quest to undermine. There are HUGE differences between the religions that you stated above, especially of who Christ is/was!

The Bible has never changed although interpretation of it has. Churches have tried to adapt it for acceptance of certain sins. That is unfortunately wrong yet mainstream so it's what people see. Oh well!

JBS

Reaction score
It's easy on the outside to want to lump them all together and say that they're all Christianity. This would also enable one to find error and contradiction on their quest to undermine. There are HUGE differences between the religions that you stated above, especially of who Christ is/was!

The Bible has never changed although interpretation of it has. Churches have tried to adapt it for acceptance of certain sins. That is unfortunately wrong yet mainstream so it's what people see. Oh well!

Hey Epic how was your weekend?

Did you have a chance to attend a church of your choosing.

Mine was good:D Tried to make it to Temple friday night but was exausted from working on Friday. Manual labor is a mf:grumble:

What is with the banned under your name. Your friends on Misfit Island think you are really banned and it is my doing:D

Why would people think we are anything but internet friends:cool:

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Hey Epic how was your weekend?

Did you have a chance to attend a church of your choosing.

Mine was good:D Tried to make it to Temple friday night but was exausted from working on Friday. Manual labor is a mf:grumble:

What is with the banned under your name. Your friends on Misfit Island think you are really banned and it is my doing:D

Why would people think we are anything but internet friends:cool:

It was good. Spent Saturday at the beach and Sunday inside.

Yes I did go to Church and then watched Football the remainder of the day.

Take some Motrin and suck it up. :D

It was commical to me that a few people thought that I really was banned and that their tribal drums worked.:rolleyes:

Not sure I catch you on that last comment.

Off to lunch!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
As people know I am far from a organized religion fan.

I think its sad that anyone can say that there interpretation of "faith" is better than the other guys.

I respect peoples choice to have faith and choose what they believe yet some of the most religious peopple I know think there beliefs or god are superior to the other guys.

This in my honest opinion is hypocritical to the core.......:rolleyes:

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score

My kids go to a Mormon church for cubscouts and we are Catholic. I've told my kids that Mormon's consider themselves to be Christians, so we will be respectful of that - even though they get taught differently in their religious education.

I was baptized Lutheran and raised Presbyterian by my mom while having a agnostic father that does more good than 99.9% of "Christians" and I married a devout Catholic who really really knows her religious history. I tend to take a very tolerant view of all religions, as I feel religion is a deeply personal topic and only God will decide who is a true Christian and who is not....it will not be decided by humans.

JBS

Reaction score
It was good. Spent Saturday at the beach and Sunday inside.

Yes I did go to Church and then watched Football the remainder of the day.

Take some Motrin and suck it up. :D

It was commical to me that a few people thought that I really was banned and that their tribal drums worked.:rolleyes:

Not sure I catch you on that last comment.

Off to lunch!

Glad your weekend was good.

Last comment meaning that I have no issue with you.:cool: People make things out of nothing.