WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kachina Boat Information

Singleton

Reaction score
This has been a very interesting read. Lessons learned, drink more beer before you read this thread.

Reaction score
Wait a min, FREE BEER ON THE LOOP this weekend. Does it include the tv and fridge as well????

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the dead guy but:

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Now that this thread has gone down the tubes let's get some of the usual post's out of the way!!

I'm never posting in this thread again after this post!!

rivergames

Reaction score
Now that this thread has gone down the tubes let's get some of the usual post's out of the way!!

I'm never posting in this thread again after this post!!

come to think of it:

:worthless_1_:

The gel scheme shots are classic

Last edited:

DannyH

The Other White Meat
Reaction score
Where's Kachina Ken? I bet he had something to do with all of this. He is a convicted felon so his past is already checkered to say the least....

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
sacjd, I don't think I have ever seen someone step into a thread trying to make a point and manage to completely screw it up as you have.
I generally stay out of these, but I salute your ability for self-implosion.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Where's Kachina Ken? I bet he had something to do with all of this. He is a convicted felon so his past is already checkered to say the least....

Ahhh, Kachina Ken.

I think he sued Louie.... I mean Kachina and won $75 once!

1oudad

Reaction score
Banks don't come in to lock a corp's doors cause someone dies, they do so cause a company is in default...

As I said before if the company was in default to the bank they were getting ready to lock it down regardless of the death...

If the company was legit, the banks/courts would not even be involved due to an officer's death....the bank would call the other officer and get the warm/fuzzies about continued operations, vendors would call about payables to them, and the receiveables would not be calling hoping someone forgets about them...

I hesitate to even enter into this discussion again after the way it's escalated, but in defense of AZJD and some others on here, and in the interest of the truth I'd like to quote court paperwork (AMB vs Kachina) dated 9-10-10:

"Among other things, the Loan matured on June 30, 2010 and Louis T Majors, one of the Borrower's principals and a guarantor of the Loan, passed away on or about August 14, 2010. Additionally, Borrower has experienced a material adverse change in its assets, business, financial condition, etc. which constitutes an additional event of default under the loan agreement."
and
"Collectively, Borrower owes lender a PAST DUE amount of no less than $717,547.67."

AZJD has been very helpful with first hand accurate information to parties that had no one else to turn to. In addition, the two boats that I personally know about should have been delivered no later than mid April 2010. Had they been finished on time, these owners would not even be involved in this process. The unfortunate truth is that Louie's death was just the last awful chapter of a long story of delay after delay. My personal belief is that one customer's money was being used to finish a previous customer's boat. (and no, I can't prove that- just an observation of what went on)
Bottom line is, the bank took ownership, not because of Louie's death, but because of default of the loan. The bank now will sell the boats back to the owners (some of which were already paid in full and titled). The owners will then have to arrange to have them finished elsewhere. Those are the "lucky" ones- the others, many of whom didn't even have a paint job yet will come away with nothing but legal bills. Just a really sad situation for MANY families, the Majors included.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
I hesitate to even enter into this discussion again after the way it's escalated, but in defense of AZJD and some others on here, and in the interest of the truth I'd like to quote court paperwork (AMB vs Kachina) dated 9-10-10:

"Among other things, the Loan matured on June 30, 2010 and Louis T Majors, one of the Borrower's principals and a guarantor of the Loan, passed away on or about August 14, 2010. Additionally, Borrower has experienced a material adverse change in its assets, business, financial condition, etc. which constitutes an additional event of default under the loan agreement."
and
"Collectively, Borrower owes lender a PAST DUE amount of no less than $717,547.67."

AZJD has been very helpful with first hand accurate information to parties that had no one else to turn to. In addition, the two boats that I personally know about should have been delivered no later than mid April 2010. Had they been finished on time, these owners would not even be involved in this process. The unfortunate truth is that Louie's death was just the last awful chapter of a long story of delay after delay. My personal belief is that one customer's money was being used to finish a previous customer's boat. (and no, I can't prove that- just an observation of what went on)
Bottom line is, the bank took ownership, not because of Louie's death, but because of default of the loan. The bank now will sell the boats back to the owners (some of which were already paid in full and titled). The owners will then have to arrange to have them finished elsewhere. Those are the "lucky" ones- the others, many of whom didn't even have a paint job yet will come away with nothing but legal bills. Just a really sad situation for MANY families, the Majors included.

these are the people I hope I helped....... the real people that lost something!

greengo

Reaction score
i was the gelcoater for many years i gelcoated 88 boats from 5/21/03 to 7/27/05 only records i could find

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The fact that anyone would pay in full for a boat. Especially in this unstable market is beyond me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The fact that anyone would pay in full for a boat. Especially in this unstable market is beyond me.

Guess they trusted there ooooooo sooooooo great business man eh.:D

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score

I don't think any of the people I talkted to actually sent payment in full up front. It was more a "your boat is further along thatn it really is" kinda deal.

I believe one person told me He paid for half then was contacted and told his boat was ready for engines and drives and more money would get sent and so on and so on. When in fact his hull is painted and that's it. No rigging, no upholstery no nothing. Engine supplier doesn't know anything about his engine order.....:rolleyes:

Pioneer......

1oudad

Reaction score

If it makes you feel better to blame the buyers so be it. Kachina's contract specified 3 equal payments, the last to be paid 3 weeks before delivery. In hindsight, I'm sure this is probably a huge red flag, but for those who've never had the opportunity to custom build ANYTHING, it may have been easy to overlook. I'm told that Louie and members of his staff could be very convincing- "If you could just send $10,000 of the next installment early, I think we could get Mercruiser moving on your motors", for example. For the friends and family members of the ones who never got their boats, this has been an eye opening experience that will change the way business is done from here on out. In my opinion, the worst thing any of these people did was to trust the people they were doing business with to be honest and ethical, and to treat people just the way that they themselves would. Sadly, none of that was the case.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better to blame the buyers so be it. Kachina's contract specified 3 equal payments, the last to be paid 3 weeks before delivery. In hindsight, I'm sure this is probably a huge red flag, but for those who've never had the opportunity to custom build ANYTHING, it may have been easy to overlook. I'm told that Louie and members of his staff could be very convincing- "If you could just send $10,000 of the next installment early, I think we could get Mercruiser moving on your motors", for example. For the friends and family members of the ones who never got their boats, this has been an eye opening experience that will change the way business is done from here on out. In my opinion, the worst thing any of these people did was to trust the people they were doing business with to be honest and ethical, and to treat people just the way that they themselves would. Sadly, none of that was the case.

Have you made any progress with your hull yet and the bank negotiations??

1oudad

Reaction score
Have you made any progress with your hull yet and the bank negotiations??

Yes, it wasn't pretty, and it certainly wasn't what we had hoped for, but we now have possession of our boat. Another manufacturer will be finishing the work. AZJD, thanks for everything you did to help- the information you supplied definitely helped us, and you didn't have to do anything at all. Most people would have. I wish you all the best.
We're looking forward to a new chapter, and moving on. :)

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Yes, it wasn't pretty, and it certainly wasn't what we had hoped for, but we now have possession of our boat. Another manufacturer will be finishing the work. AZJD, thanks for everything you did to help- the information you supplied definitely helped us, and you didn't have to do anything at all. Most people would have. I wish you all the best.

Your welcome! I'm glad you worked something out with the bank and can at least finish what you've started.

Bill, look at it this way. You have some bragging rights now. You will soon own the most expensive Kachina on the water. :D

Happy holidays to you and your family.

JBS

Reaction score

1oudad How about some details of your transaction?

You and others have made a lot of comments along the way. Let's see if we have some closure on this thread.

How did you get the boat? Court ordered? etc.

What shape is it in? Who is finishing it.

Assuming you have sustained a loss are you perusing any entity?

TEXASRAT

Reaction score
Hey what is the latest on Kachina Boats - we are here in Texas and are wondering where the molds and assets are going? Has the bank put them up for auction?

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Hey what is the latest on Kachina Boats - we are here in Texas and are wondering where the molds and assets are going? Has the bank put them up for auction?

Louie's original partner has taken over the business and has the molds. Says he's gonna build boats again.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Not blaming anyone but I have built a "custom" thing or 2 ;) and never have I taken the builders word in regards to how far along they were. Pictures, me personally seeing progress, etc.. Were all steps taken. Especially with the condition that this industry is in right now No way I would be more money into a boat than the parts are in house with my name on them. Its not like boat builders are the most honest people in the world. ;)

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Not blaming anyone but I have built a "custom" thing or 2 ;) and never have I taken the builders word in regards to how far along they were. Pictures, me personally seeing progress, etc.. Were all steps taken. Especially with the condition that this industry is in right now No way I would be more money into a boat than the parts are in house with my name on them. Its not like boat builders are the most honest people in the world. ;)

Yes they are!!!!!!!:rotflmao:

azwetnwild

Reaction score
Louie's original partner has taken over the business and has the molds. Says he's gonna build boats again.

Dave has always been a nice guy, not the salesman type that Louie was though.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Dave has always been a nice guy, not the salesman type that Louie was though.

His exact words were..."I am going to build good boats, one customer at a time like we used to do!"

Can't argue with that.....

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just hope he sticks with that motto.

His exact words were..."I am going to build good boats, one customer at a time like we used to do!"

Can't argue with that.....

TEXASRAT

Reaction score
When is he going public with the information. Also several people still interested in the 30 cat and 39 patron. Need information on what's happening - still like Kachina.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
When the people at Hallett build you a boat , they take a $5000.00 deposit that doesn't even get cashed until they actually start building the boat , then the full amount due is when the boat is ready to be picked up ! It seems when you give people money ahead of time , big deposits etc , things don't get done like you'd want !

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
When the people at Hallett build you a boat , they take a $5000.00 deposit that doesn't even get cashed until they actually start building the boat , then the full amount due is when the boat is ready to be picked up ! It seems when you give people money ahead of time , big deposits etc , things don't get done like you'd want !

That's the way it should be.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
When is he going public with the information. Also several people still interested in the 30 cat and 39 patron. Need information on what's happening - still like Kachina.

Not sure if the Patron will ever be a production boat. The one and only 39' is in the banks possession and I don't see any of the molds in the yard. Don't know at this point...

tpmboats

Reaction score
This is how I see things. Before Louie died was anyone not getting there boats serviced or built??? All this bullshit happens after Louies death. This is a homicide not a accident or of natural causes. Can you put yourself in Missy shoes for a minute??? NOBODY WAS COMPLAINING BEFORE HIS DEATH. LOUIE WAS AT WORK EVERYDAY AND ALL YOU BAD MOTHER FUCKERS COULD OF BEEN AT HIS SHOP IF YOU HAD A COMPLAINT OR WANTED TO HANDLE A ISSUE WITH HIM. MISS YOU LOUIE!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
This is how I see things. Before Louie died was anyone not getting there boats serviced or built??? All this bullshit happens after Louies death. This is a homicide not a accident or of natural causes. Can you put yourself in Missy shoes for a minute??? NOBODY WAS COMPLAINING BEFORE HIS DEATH. LOUIE WAS AT WORK EVERYDAY AND ALL YOU BAD MOTHER FUCKERS COULD OF BEEN AT HIS SHOP IF YOU HAD A COMPLAINT OR WANTED TO HANDLE A ISSUE WITH HIM. MISS YOU LOUIE!!!!!!!!!
Apprently boats werent getting built if all these people are out thousands of dollars.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score

Really?? That's a bold statement. That place was always in the middle of some sort of controversy. I know roughly 10 people that do currently or have owned a kachina and i'd say 7 or 8 of the 10 have had a bad experience with Kachina. I don't want to keep beating this issue to death but facts are facts.

GoesTo11

Reaction score
Did they ever determine the killer and/or cause of death for Louie Majors? Just learned about the death on this site last week (From Google "Kachina") and have not been able to find any additional information.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did they ever determine the killer and/or cause of death for Louie Majors? Just learned about the death on this site last week (From Google "Kachina") and have not been able to find any additional information.

From what I understand it's still under investigation?

RD

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score

I had something to do with bringing his ponzi scheme fraudulent business practices to light in 2005 when I sued him, and won.
I now own his molds to the 26 drone, 23 bandit and 34 bolero.
As for my "checkered past" it was a conspiracy conviction for some bs funny money that wasn't even mine and it was 25 years ago.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I had something to do with bringing his ponzi scheme fraudulent business practices to light in 2005 when I sued him, and won.
I now own his molds to the 26 drone, 23 bandit and 34 bolero.
As for my "checkered past" it was a conspiracy conviction for some bs funny money that wasn't even mine and it was 25 years ago.

Here we go douchebag. I've been waiting for you to spout off your crooked mouth. Your a fuckin scam artist Ken.

I'm pretty sure you won a couple hundred bucks when you sued because you couldn't pay your bill. You claimed the boat you drove around for a couple years wasn't "sea worthy.". Who did you find to buy it? Or did you finally let the bank take it back?

Checkered past is an understatement since you have a history of bullshit lawsuits.

I think it's hilarious that you think you can build boats. I'll get Brett and Pat to post up the other side of your story of you'd care to continue.

If not keep your mouth shut.

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Here we go douchebag. I've been waiting for you to spout off your crooked mouth. Your a fuckin scam artist Ken.

I'm pretty sure you won a couple hundred bucks when you sued because you couldn't pay your bill. You claimed the boat you drove around for a couple years wasn't "sea worthy.". Who did you find to buy it? Or did you finally let the bank take it back?

Checkered past is an understatement since you have a history of bullshit lawsuits.

I think it's hilarious that you think you can build boats. I'll get Brett and Pat to post up the other side of your story of you'd care to continue.

If not keep your mouth shut.

Huh? Have I done something to you personally?
I have done scams? What scams do you speak of?
As for my 34 it is still mine, it was the surveyors words that it was not " sea worthy" not mine.
And what history of lawsuits do I have besides suing Louie and a small claims issue with London Bridge?
I really don't know what gets you so fired up about me, we hung out 1 time, I told you I liked your engine bay and yet you say really not so nice stuff about me? I don't get it man...."...

Outdrive1

Reaction score
As for my 34 it is still mine, it was the surveyors words that it was not " sea worthy" not mine.
And what history of lawsuits do I have besides suing Louie and a small claims issue with London Bridge?
I really don't know what gets you so fired up about me, we hung out 1 time, I told you I liked your engine bay and yet you say really not so nice stuff about me? I don't get it man...."...

Personally? Nothing. I don't know you personally. Louie, Brett and Pat who built your boat I do. Your side of the story is a whole lot different than there's. I'm fine with that. If your gonna trash the three of them(one of whom is dead) I'm not good with it.

Build your boats, good luck to you doing it.

JBS

Reaction score
I agree Paul

Ken you make it sound like you got the molds for your Law suit.

Did you not in fact win a whole 5 grand from Kachina and then not pay your attorney?

You also had no problem selling that un-seaworthy boat to another person who I think was on the boards.

BTW good luck with the 3 worst models Kachina had. There was a reason they were not selling and the 30 and 34 Drone's were.

JBS

Reaction score

I skimmed over that report many years ago. As I recall you got paid for Gel coat imperfections.

Hopefully you don't end up with that same surveyor looking over one of your boats.

Karma is a bitch :cool:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I agree Paul

Ken you make it sound like you got the molds for your Law suit.

Did you not in fact win a whole 5 grand from Kachina and then not pay your attorney?

You also had no problem selling that un-seaworthy boat to another person who I think was on the boards.

BTW good luck with the 3 worst models Kachina had. There was a reason they were not selling and the 30 and 34 Drone's were.

Pretty sure Louie counter sued for non payment and it turned out to be a win of a couple hundred dollars in the end.

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Personally? Nothing. I don't know you personally. Louie, Brett and Pat who built your boat I do. Your side of the story is a whole lot different than there's. I'm fine with that. If your gonna trash the three of them(one of whom is dead) I'm not good with it.

Build your boats, good luck to you doing it.

Well Pat and Brett are friends of mine, and you and I along with your family and No Name hung out 1day in Humbug. I am not your enemy, I never have been and you don't have to attack me. When replying to Dannys post I was simply defending my name. I am not a criminal, I made a mistake in hanging out with some shady dudes in1988 and as a result I do have a single black mark on my record.
I do not scam anyone and I do not regret taking Kachina to court, Louie hurt a lot of decent people bro, you gotta be able to see that. Defending him doesn't do you any better than someone who defends an axe murderer.
I guess I wouldn't mind having you in my corner though, you are a feisty fukker:D
Anyhow call Steve A with diversified remarketing, he has 5 pallets of drive parts he is selling cheap 602 821 7802

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
:fighting:

Attachments

• Michael-Buffer.jpg
    Michael-Buffer.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 241