WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kachina Boat Information

cave

Reaction score
How can they hold boats that are clearly titled to a person. Are the banks above the law now?

Why cant you just have the cops meet you there at the lot . Show your proof of ownership, take your property home?

I know the boats being built are on a different level.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The place was on lock down. Two german shepherds and a security guard 24/7.

Nothing the police cant handle. Seems the AZ police just did noy want to deal with it. I have 3 german shepherds and 2 would not stop me from getting my boat. You have the right to carry in AZ so the security would not be an issue.....

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Everything is being moved

Looks like they released some customer boats and now they are inventorying possibly.

Couple people on here that will lose a lot of money. Sad

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
You know the other thing that is shitty is all the demo boats sitting out in dove valley right now that were taken from the property. I think those should be liquidated to by the family to cover some of the debt owed to the paid in full customers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear a lot of people are gonna get screwed on this deal.. :(

RD

greengo

Reaction score
is he really deAD THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A PERSON OF HIS AGE WHY NO PAPER WORK AT SHOP HOUSE VACANT NO MISSIE

greengo

Reaction score
do a internet search on how to fake a death seems to be a lot like what happened roc give me a call 602 308 9019

greengo

Reaction score
maybe get ahold of mike and collet of the touch gelcoater's out of havasue they worked there after i left us gelcoater's new who's boat was who's

1oudad

Reaction score
Just FYI Arizona Dept of Vital Statistics verified Louie's death to me over the phone, but since Arizona is a closed record state they would not reveal cause of death......

Reaction score
Word on the street isn't always a lie. Just saying.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Just FYI Arizona Dept of Vital Statistics verified Louie's death to me over the phone, but since Arizona is a closed record state they would not reveal cause of death......

There's probably a police report also.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Are people really saying Louie faked his own death? The cops would have to have a body wouldn't they?

RD

Not necessarily when someone enters a witness protection program...

JBS

Reaction score
maybe get ahold of mike and collet of the touch gelcoater's out of havasue they worked there after i left us gelcoater's new who's boat was who's

is he really deAD THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A PERSON OF HIS AGE WHY NO PAPER WORK AT SHOP HOUSE VACANT NO MISSIE

do a internet search on how to fake a death seems to be a lot like what happened roc give me a call 602 308 9019

Are you High or Illiterate:rolleyes:

Seriously

What do you base your claims on?

Who are you?

I feel bad for the individuals that are going to lose money in this deal. The Banks got what they deserved for making a risky loan.

When I bought a Kachina from Louie several years ago he tried to get me to give him all the money before the boat was delivered. I did not do it. I did advance him money as things progressed. Got the boat completed in a timely manner and was quite happy with it.

In the scheme of things we are talking about a relativly small sum of money owed to all parties.

Really not worth faking a death over.

Last edited:

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Are you High or Illiterate:rolleyes:

Seriously

What do you base your claims on?

Who are you?

I feel bad for the individuals that are going to lose money in this deal. The Banks got what they deserved for making a risky loan.

When I bought a Kachina from Louie several years ago he tried to get me to give him all the money before the boat was delivered. I did not do it. I did advance him money as things progressed. Got the boat completed in a timely manner and was quite happy with it.

In the scheme of things we are talking about a relativly small sum of money owed to all parties.

Really not worth faking a death over.

Small sum?

Just what I've heard.... three people that have $150k cash paid for 34' boats and have nothing to go pick up! There were also a few 30' customers that have boats paid for. They will be lucky If the bank sells them their half finished boats back at a discount and then they can try to move forward with finishing the build. I have spoken to these three people via phone. I also have heard that the Patron was sold to someone and a very large sum of cash was given for the boat to be finished. Somewhere in the $250k range. Again this was via a phone call with someone who worked there. These people were all out of state and lead to believe by Louie that their boats were way further along than they were. One was told his engines were on order from Merc and his hull was sitting on a trailer already. Both lies. That in my opinion is TERRIBLE business practice and should not be forgiven. These people did it the right way. Paid cash and built their dream boats and the majors family screwed them out of their dream.

The business loan is said to be in the million dollar range. This means Louie was using that money to float that much in business. He was so upside down he had to have a panic room in his house. Again something that was confirmed by a person that had visited his residence.

Louie no doubt delivered his product, but rarely on time and certainly not with out some headaches.

One other thing that shows what kind of integrity this family has is the fact that they took some half dozen boats and a few vehicles from the property and left the customers high and dry. Midnight run........

Last edited:

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Are people really saying Louie faked his own death? The cops would have to have a body wouldn't they?

RD

Just rumors, but i've heard it from more than a few people.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't want to get into a debate. I do feel bad for the Individuals that lost money.

The speculation on him faking his death etc. Is another matter. Offer up some proof.

I also don't get the criticism of the Major family. There is a difference between personal and business assets. You have no way of knowing what is what. That is what the legal system figures out.

As for what the business owed the bank:

From earlier in this thread. "Kachina was apparently in arrears on a $750,000.00 loan" This is not that large of a sum of money for a business the size of Kachina. How much does Eliminator owe? Ultra? etc. Or any other business that has gone under? If the assets of the business would always pay off all of the creditors there would be no reason to go bankrupt.

People walk from debt much larger than this everyday.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
My boss just spoke to Dave on the property, who owns the lot, and is going to keep the business open and run it one boat at a time.

The place is empty. 5 or 6 customer boats on trailer and under covers.

1oudad

Reaction score
I don't want to get into a debate. I do feel bad for the Individuals that lost money.

The speculation on him faking his death etc. Is another matter. Offer up some proof.

I also don't get the criticism of the Major family. There is a difference between personal and business assets. You have no way of knowing what is what. That is what the legal system figures out.

As for what the business owed the bank:

From earlier in this thread. "Kachina was apparently in arrears on a $750,000.00 loan" This is not that large of a sum of money for a business the size of Kachina. How much does Eliminator owe? Ultra? etc. Or any other business that has gone under? If the assets of the business would always pay off all of the creditors there would be no reason to go bankrupt.

People walk from debt much larger than this everyday.

"Walk away"- well, that's pretty much what Missie Majors did, isn't it? My criticism of the Majors family, in particular Missie, is that she KNEW for a week after Louie's death that she would be surrendering the business to the bank, and during that time, called the owners of most of the consignment boats to come and get them, but DID NOT call those whose boats were fully paid for, titled to them and almost finished, so that they could too have been picked up. In addition, she took all of the computers and other files that would have proven what belonged to who, and what had been paid for. Not to mention the last week's pay that she cheated all of her employees out of, and the COMPLETE DISREGARD for anyone other than herself. It's sad that she lost her husband, but she and Louie both knew for months that things were going bad financially and they just kept on lying to their customers. They have done irrepairable damage to many people's lives. That, and the way she handled things after his death is UNFORGIVABLE.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I have no dog in this fight but I've never walked in that lady's shoes and I'm guessing no one else here has either.... Just sayin maybe judgement isn't yours to pass

1oudad

Reaction score
Well, I have no dog in this fight but I've never walked in that lady's shoes and I'm guessing no one else here has either.... Just sayin maybe judgement isn't yours to pass

Actually, it is. I've earned every right. And until you've walked in mine, you DON'T.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Well in that case until you've walked in MINE you don't ...so....:moon:

J/K Calm down man. Sorry if you were one of the unfortunate to lose in this deal. It truely is a sad deal for all involved. I just don't think it does anyone any good to go online and get all fired up. Does it suck? Of course it does! I wouldn't wish something like this on anyone, but what good is internet bashing? Anyway, I hope somehow everyone is made whole in this deal even if it's unlikely..... Carry on.:thumbsup

JBS

Reaction score
"Walk away"- well, that's pretty much what Missie Majors did, isn't it? My criticism of the Majors family, in particular Missie, is that she KNEW for a week after Louie's death that she would be surrendering the business to the bank, and during that time, called the owners of most of the consignment boats to come and get them, but DID NOT call those whose boats were fully paid for, titled to them and almost finished, so that they could too have been picked up. In addition, she took all of the computers and other files that would have proven what belonged to who, and what had been paid for. Not to mention the last week's pay that she cheated all of her employees out of, and the COMPLETE DISREGARD for anyone other than herself. It's sad that she lost her husband, but she and Louie both knew for months that things were going bad financially and they just kept on lying to their customers. They have done irrepairable damage to many people's lives. That, and the way she handled things after his death is UNFORGIVABLE.

1oudad first off I do feel bad for you. As I have said I could care less how much the Bank loses. You need to follow all the legal channels in order to try and recoup what you are out. If you have clear title to a boat the court should side with you.

I have little to none first hand knowledge on the workings of Kachina boats but I can assure you that what is being posted here or other places on the INTERNET is not accurate. You don't know me and you sure as hell don't know the other people posting in this thread.

Best of luck to you.

Jeff

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

I talked to a family member today. Here's what I was told. Louie's death was ruled a homocide. The family is going to offer a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of his killer.

Maybe you didn't know all the circumstances. Maybe there's a reason why Missie is no where to be found. Her husband was brutally murdered in one of their closests friends back yard. Maybe she isn't to comfortable being anywhere or doing anything until they catch the person that killed her husband.

All the bs about him going into hiding or faking his death is just that, bs. :blah:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A letter I recieved today from Wesley Metzger

I have sat back long enough watching all of these rumors spread about Louie and his family. I understand the business issues are unsettling for people that were customers and know that none of this would have ever happened if Louie were still alive.

Does anyone know the real Louie who refused to never give up and did everything he could possibly do to take care of his business, his customers, and his employees? He could have easily called it quits several years ago when the economy went so bad; however, he knew his guys had families to feed and he would never let them down so he did the only thing he could do to keep moving forward and that was by selling boats and keep chugging along. He sold everything he could over the past several years, including his personal belongings, just trying to wade it out until things got better.

How about people having respect and understanding that Louie was a person that was loved by many? He was a great Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother, Son, Uncle and friend to many people. Does anyone understand that maybe Missie isn?t out cruising town and chatting it up because she lost her husband, business, and home in the blink of an eye? How would you feel walking out with nothing but the clothes on your back?

I also wonder how in the world people can have the audacity to say he faked his own death. How disrespectful can you be? Of all people to start these rumors, Pat Weimer (aka greengo), what a surprise! Louie loved and treated you like a son and this is how you repay him? I guess we see people?s true colors at times like this. I could care less about what you want to say about the business but it is about time people stop the personal rumors about Louie.

Maybe the following will shed a little light on the real situation. You can speculate all you want about what happened but the real truth is that Louie?s death was not an accident and it has been an ongoing homicide investigation that has yet to be finalized. The homicide detectives on the case have taken statements from the people that were present when everything happened and had recently asked these same individuals to consent to a polygraph to clear themselves as suspects. Surprisingly their answer was no, they would not consent to a polygraph test. Sounds like to me if I were an innocent man then I would be more than happy to consent. How do you think Missie feels trying to find out who murdered her husband while the whole time a lot of people that have nothing to do with any of this are sitting on here gossiping and spreading rumors? It is my understanding that Louie?s family may be offering a reward for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person guilty of his death.

RD

Reaction score
The real problem with Kachina boats are the attorneys. I can assure you missey did not decide anything.

Attorney's have decided how to rob the business of anything not nailed down, and that includes Kachina's customers. Don't believe me.....Just go ask any customer awaiting their money or boat.

Its all smoke and mirrors now.

I guess there is something too buying off the show room floor.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have neglected looking at this thread as i thought it was just about some legal buisness between a couple customers and the bank. Now i read homocide? I thought he fell and hit his head?Louie faked his own death over 750K? I dont think so. Missy's gone?Whitness protection? Some one bring us up to speed.
How is it being considered a homocide? News links? Anyone?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have neglected looking at this thread as i thought it was just about some legal buisness between a couple customers and the bank. Now i read homocide? I thought he fell and hit his head?Louie faked his own death over 750K? I dont think so. Missy's gone?Whitness protection? Some one bring us up to speed.
How is it being considered a homocide? News links? Anyone?

Nobody can say anything as it is under investigation. The people that would or should know aren't saying anything to the cops or otherwise.

Long story short, he didn't fall and hit his head. They don't know who did it, but are trying to find out. Nobody is talking, so there isn't any news to shed..

I am seriously contemplating closing this thread.. At this point all it is, is people pissed off about getting screwed out of money (understandably), but bashing the dead, and coming up with these absurd "faked death" theories is border line retarded.

RD

JBS

Reaction score
Good summation for now Dave.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
... and coming up with these absurd "faked death" theories is border line retarded.

RD

I'd say it's full on licking the windows retarded actually..... Amazing how money gets in the way of respect... sad actually:thumbsdown

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I would think that the cops that are investigating this would even look at THIS THREAD and possibly find some new Suspects. Sounds like there is grounds for Reasonable Suspision.
Just Sayin
Sooner than Later the Truth should come out.

cave

Reaction score
So the 1st rumors were true. Dam that sux!

sacjd

Reaction score
Most, not all, of you people are absolutely pathetic. None of you have a clue as to the truth of the situation, so you have chosen to make up whatever sounds juicy enough to start rumors.. Meanwhile, Louie is not here to defend or explain. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! Those of you who have a vested interest in anything at Kachina dont know for a fact you are being "screwed" out of anything! You are just tired of waiting.. so blame on the judicial process, the banks, the landlord.. but since Louie is gone, you target him and his legacy. You are all pathetic excuses for human beings.. You all seem to forget.. someone was killed, someone is dead and all of you are worried out your tangible toys, boats. Even if you want to protect your interests, hire counsel, whatever, but to post and bash.. you are disgusting!!

Kachina boats has been around since the 1960's and Louie put his heart and soul for his entire life into making beautiful boats for all of you.. this is what he gets in return when he's tragically killed... just disgusting!!

Look at your wife.. if you were killed suddenly.. how would she react.. would she be capable to keeping it all together for every last customer, not grieving or immobilized by devastation?? Wake up you idiots.. there is more to life than bashing a murdered person because of a boat..

As for you, AZJD, you need to get a life! You're the little hall monitor looking over the fence, assuming you know whats going on.. you dont have a clue.. your getting off on getting people fired up and gossiping.. If Louie were here, you wouldnt be saying a word.. Go rent some porn to get off on it, rather than bashing one of the legacies in the boating industry just because you can, since he's not here to confront you about it. You dont know Louie, Missie or anything about any of the family! Get a life! You are a sorry excuse for a man!!

You people forget the thousands of beauties that have come from Kachina because of Louie since 1963. The thousands of happy customers over the years.. if he were a crook, Kachina would not have lasted for decades! Few businesses ever thrive for that many years!! ShAME on all of you!!!!!!

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Kachina boats has been around since 47? That's news to me. I thought it was the late 60's

RD

Reaction score
They keep comming out of the wood works.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
My bad, yes since '63 I believe..

Hey buddy feel free to take a drive over here and we'll step outside and talk about it. I'll show you hall monitoring, and I'll show you whom I've spoken to and who I know and that i'm not just looking for a rise. Also, since your feeling froggy step out from behind the keyboard and let us know who you are and what interest you have in the company.

The gentlemen who own the solar boat company just left my office. (business) so my info can be considered first hand. I was simply helping people out that had questions from out of state and wanted to know if their boats were on property.

drtywhat

Reaction score
Do I get a break from the abuse if I have a "hall pass":D

sacjd

Reaction score
Hey buddy feel free to take a drive over here and we'll step outside and talk about it. I'll show you hall monitoring, and I'll show you whom I've spoken to and who I know and that i'm not just looking for a rise. Also, since your feeling froggy step out from behind the keyboard and let us know who you are and what interest you have in the company.

The gentlemen who own the solar boat company just left my office. (business) so my info can be considered first hand. I was simply helping people out that had questions from out of state and wanted to know if their boats were on property.

There you go.. another fine example of the hall monitor.. meeting with the solar boat company.. for what, so you have more material to use to bash and gossip.. do you have a permanent camp out at the window to track any movement over there, then post it!!

You dont know the first thing about kachina! how about minding your own business since someone has lost a life here.. pathetic! Get a life!

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
There you go.. another fine example of the hall monitor.. meeting with the solar boat company.. for what, so you have more material to use to bash and gossip.. do you have a permanent camp out at the window to track any movement over there, then post it!!

You dont know the first thing about kachina! how about minding your own business since someone has lost a life here.. pathetic! Get a life!

Like I said it was for a separate purpose related to a business matter that they were here. If you would like to take this any further here is my # 602-810-1838 feel free to drop me a line.

Just 4 fun

Reaction score

Those are fighting words :p

Your in trouble :D