WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the Real Estate Drop in sales and price Naysayers HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS

nameisbond

Reaction score
Job report is not good news for interest rates!

According to the numbers Canada experienced the slowest real estate sales in September since 1996. In 1996 our population was a lot less. This week our government released a plan to build more homes across Canada. Build more when real estate is showing signs of crashing on current supply just shows how stupid Trudeau and his liberals are. Real estate stocks agree with me as they are plunging down fast!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Here is the latest news out of Ontario: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/fin...p&cvid=60883f4a136d42ceb691ba402067c437&ei=13 Vancouver is not far behind. Our federal government is increasing loans to developers and giving our version of county's billions of dollars if they increase building new homes.

Trudeau and his liberals are total morons. My hope is they crash Canada hard and the liberals are decimated in the next election.

PlanB

Reaction score
Not real estate, but was shopping some boat dealers last night. Lot's of holdover inventory sitting these days. May be time to upgrade the toon if this continues.

gqchris

Reaction score
I am in charge of a team that is 24/7 remote. I swear i got multiple people holding multiple remote jobs. It takes about a month to train, and a few months of metrics to shake them out. But I was thinking. If you get 4-6 gigs simultaneously at 70k a year, by the time you get noticed, you can stack a ton of cash.

Being the boss, it irritates me to no end because its theft from the company and your fellow teammates.

zhandfull

Reaction score
I am in charge of a team that is 24/7 remote. I swear i got multiple people holding multiple remote jobs. It takes about a month to train, and a few months of metrics to shake them out. But I was thinking. If you get 4-6 gigs simultaneously at 70k a year, by the time you get noticed, you can stack a ton of cash.

Being the boss, it irritates me to no end because its theft from the company and your fellow teammates.
Overemployed! Read an article about it a while back. Common in IT and probably other positions as well. Could have your twelve year old kid or girlfriend helping you hold down two or three positions for different companies.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Yep and they’re using AI to juggle them.

I can’t blame them, just hustling.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I know somebody playing the double employment . Both companies are to stupid to realize it . The level of expectation is so low it's sad . I wonder how many people are working for two competetors at the same time !

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Word gets around sooner or later if they are moonlighting for a competitor. Especially if your any good at what you do.
I suggest keeping your side work related to your hobbies, or your wife's business.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I know somebody playing the double employment . Both companies are to stupid to realize it . The level of expectation is so low it's sad . I wonder how many people are working for two competetors at the same time !
I've done it a few times in my life, but it was not a second job but more as seeding a startup. Both times I took downgraded decent-paying jobs, I knew how to basically automate. In both cases, I did not need the job but wanted the cash flow. Truth be told, I side-hustled the King of the Hammers while working for a guy building Chipotle restaurants all across So Cal post-great recession. If your project management skills are strong and you know the job extremely well, it's a no-brainer. I phoned that job in literally.

The employer should be present enough to see high potential employees need challenges. Shame on them for wasting talent.

Last edited:

bonesfab

Reaction score
There are a few houses in my hood that have been for sale now for 3-4 weeks. One was just bought and then he decided he can't afford it and put it up for sale. The million plus dollar revamp on the main drag is back on the market after not being sold.

Albert

Reaction score
I have about 4 now in my hood and they usually sell really quick . These have been sitting for awhile now 🤔

stillhustlin

Reaction score
Home sales have fallen off for my company in the last 2-3 weeks. 2023 has been a good year overall. We have one community we haven’t sold a home in probably 3-4 months. Still probably have 15 to work through there. It’s our cheapest community (starting at 550k).

badgas

Reaction score
This thread started over a year ago. We’ve got at least another year before any real deals on real estate start showing up, if they even do.

Rates aren’t dropping for awhile.
There are people every year that say the Angels are going to be good or that the Raiders are going to be good. Some year it might actually happen. Financial analysts and weather forecasters can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep their jobs.

House next door to me sold in 2018 for $1.25 owner said " this is it, top of the bubble " The house is now worth $2mm
OC, LB etc. still historically low inventory and prices are not dropping.

Cdog

Reaction score
Home sales have fallen off for my company in the last 2-3 weeks. 2023 has been a good year overall. We have one community we haven’t sold a home in probably 3-4 months. Still probably have 15 to work through there. It’s our cheapest community (starting at 550k).
Where at?

Cdog

Reaction score
The seasonal slowdown is going to come back to play. I’m sure all of the Doom gloomers are going to attempt to use that as the sky is falling. I’m not saying it’s not..

We will have to wait-and-see what next year second quarter brings.

The feds are fighting inflation against the largest consumer group ever on earth. The boomers.. the boomers are having their last Yolo moment keeping things inflated. From the people I see and talk to it appears the younger generations are really struggling..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The seasonal slowdown is going to come back to play. I’m sure all of the Doom gloomers are going to attempt to use that as the sky is falling. I’m not saying it’s not..

We will have to wait-and-see what next year second quarter brings.

The feds are fighting inflation against the largest consumer group ever on earth. The boomers.. the boomers are having their last Yolo moment keeping things inflated. From the people I see and talk to it appears the younger generations are really struggling..

Yes.. and we’ve just started loosing real yobs.

I can’t wait to see the gloomers taking their victory lap from the sidelines after kicking the can down the road 10 times 🤣.

JFMFG

Reaction score
So what is the possibility of a soft landing? It is definitely slowing. Trucking company’s are slowing that’s for sure. I used to book freight and they would barely make it in that day. Now they are there within 30 minutes. I’ve seen reduced lead times from vendors also. We are still busy knock on wood.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So what is the possibility of a soft landing? It is definitely slowing. Trucking company’s are slowing that’s for sure. I used to book freight and they would barely make it in that day. Now they are there within 30 minutes. I’ve seen reduced lead times from vendors also. We are still busy knock on wood.

A soft landing for who? When have they ever got it right?

The Fed is telling us what they are going to do. They have told us what inflation numbers they want to see.

There is still possibility for them to raise rates again by the end of the year.

They are going to hold rates before they drop them. When they drop them it will be because of recessionary forces. That will be after the landing.

They are estimating around 5% unemployment this time next year.

JFMFG

Reaction score
A soft landing for who? When have they ever got it right?

The Fed is telling us what they are going to do. They have told us what inflation numbers they want to see.

There is still possibility for them to raise rates again by the end of the year.

They are going to hold rates before they drop them. When they drop them it will be because of recessionary forces. That will be after the landing.

They are estimating around 5% unemployment this time next year.
I believe the Great Recession was a height of 10%? So you figure double that so this this will be bad in the next 2-3 years.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I believe the Great Recession was a height of 10%? So you figure double that so this this will be bad in the next 2-3 years.
I said this at the beginning of the thread. 2006 was the peak, 2009 was the bottom for economy, 2011-2012 was the bottom for houses.

We peaked 18ish months ago. We are not into the bad yet. 2024-2025 most likely.

As @Cdog pointed out, I think we are in the last gasp of YOLO post covid. Things will continue to slow down.

I don’t know if it’s a Great Recession redo. They may claim 5% unemployment IS the soft landing.

The real risk here is stagflation, which we appear to be entering.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
my industry has seen nationwide job losses (telecom) and from the sounds of it there are more to come.

All the major players are conducting rifs.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
You took advantage of a companies trust and then blame it on them. Solid.
Haha, Company's Trust seems like an oxymoron. A Job has a different definition for each person and, I am sure, wildly different expectations.

Do Companies really trust employees? I've been both owner and servant and never trusted either. You might have a few key employees whom you trust and perhaps even love, but on average, employees are, in most cases, faceless labor that serves a purpose and is tossed out when that need expires. A job is an exchange for labor or knowledge, and be assured when the bigger, better deal comes along, loyalty be dammed.

My comments and attitude are based on my experience of working almost every day since I was in the 5th grade. I've never collected unemployment a day in my life because I was never unemployed long enough. If you keep providing opportunities for growth and challenges to high-potential employees, they will not look for other opportunities. This is the beauty of capitalism. While I love my Job (It is the first job I have held for over ten years), My loyalty only extends so far. If I get bored, I will look for a side hustle or start another business. If I ever did that again, I would know it could be grounds for termination and would take that into consideration.

I work exclusively with our acquired portfolio of business units, and I can tell you that even in cases where the founder is perceived as being loyal to their employees, they always sell them. Yes, SELL THEM. They never share the fruits of labor they provided with the employees. They take it and leave them with new bosses, culture, and expectations to perform according to what the founder sold. BTW, including the heir apparent son or daughter. Those are the worst because the child is really angry and mostly worthless disrupters. They rarely share that wealth with them, either.

Yes, I took advantage, and they took advantage of me by gladly accepting me into a role that I was overly qualified for for an average wage. Kind of like a whore and a john relationship. Yep, I was the whore, but a whore with an agenda.

Yes, I agree, Solid............Planning. :) Judge all you want.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I work exclusively with our acquired portfolio of business units, and I can tell you that even in cases where the founder is perceived as being loyal to their employees, they always sell them. Yes, SELL THEM. They never share the fruits of labor they provided with the employees. They take it and leave them with new bosses, culture, and expectations to perform according to what the founder sold. BTW, including the heir apparent son or daughter. Those are the worst because the child is really angry and mostly worthless disrupters. They rarely share that wealth with them, either.
Interesting. I work for a founder owned company that was just picked up by a PE firm. So far so good for me. But I do see some of what you describe above. I wonder what the typical "employee won't sue the new owners" package looks like?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I’m
At this point, Im not even sure the game has started.

I have zero faith in anything this administration touches.

They failed miserably by raising rates so slowly.
For clarification, what administration are you referencing?