WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Breaking - Interceptor Custom Boats

AJ13

Reaction score
Looks like Troy was the sales person for the company for over a year. I just got done watching the a video on YouTube Dave posted from the 2018 LA boat show and Chris says Troy is the one that sold the boats at the show.

milkmoney

Reaction score
No wonder you are such a baller, you went through 3rd grade at 4 years old! All that milk did you some good.
No no you baller . It took me 4 years to get through the third grade ... hence why I am a dummy and broke [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
70 missing boats? How is that even possible? Im mean that seriuosly. Do they sell 70 boats that were supposed to just be in storage somewhere?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Is there a readers digest of what happened and what is happening?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Did you read all Scott's post. He was running a boat storage facility also. Not new boats he built. Looks like he might top McDonald.
I read it. 70 people stored boats some place and they poof disappeared? These owners didnt tow their boats to the actaul facilities? Im confused i guess

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I read it. 70 people stored boats some place and they poof disappeared? These owners didnt tow their boats to the actaul facilities? Im confused i guess

I’m kinda wondering about all that as well? How do all these boats end up in storage and people don’t even know if they are inside or outside? Now they all vanished?

WTF?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
tenor.gif

I’m kinda wondering about all that as well? How do all these boats end up in storage and people don’t even know if they are inside or outside? Now they all vanished?

WTF?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

WTF?
There are alot of people up in Arrowhead who have their boats pulled out of the marina and brought down the hill for the winter. I know Inland boat in Perris does this for alot of people. So I think some just trust it to be done as promised and didn't get what they paid for.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
So you pay a guy to store your boat in a secured lot, probably indoors for an extra charge. He leaves your boat outdoors, and on the ground, and uses your trailer to transport other boats. Maybe he has sold your boat for cash and now it is in another state. But maybe he is storing it somewhere cheaper, then brings it back to the main lot when you are coming to get it. Like a boat storage valet? LOL But now he is missing and all the "stored" boats are also missing. Wow.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
2400 to store a boat for the winter prepaid in full? 70 boats total? Chris was a sub-contractor for another storage facility? Some boats had no trailers? None of this makes sense. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the original party make sure Chris had a facility to store 70 boats on a rack?

I was joking about the rack.

In any event, the facility was clearly misrepresented. If the guy is going to take money and run, he is clearly capable of misrepresenting a storage facility. No one is really ever going to find out how this devolved.

To answer questions about "How no one would know their boats were moves" People do pay for concierge storage, just as they pay for concierge car parking. It may be in the contract that their boat could be transferred to another facility if deemed necessary? Maybe other players are involved in the scheme?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A lot of those Arrowhead folks have big money. They likely trust their local storage place when the managers says they will be storing down the hill in San Bernardino or Riverside. No need to winterize, just cover it and we're good...

Outdrive1

Reaction score

In any event, the facility was clearly misrepresented. If the guy is going to take money and run, he is clearly capable of misrepresenting a storage facility. No one is really ever going to find out how this devolved.

To answer questions about "How no one would know their boats were moves" People do pay for concierge storage, just as they pay for concierge car parking. It may be in the contract that their boat could be transferred to another facility if deemed necessary? Maybe other players are involved in the scheme?

If its a scam, its quite the elaborate scam to pull off.

If someone wants to store 70 boats and pay up front for storage Im pretty sure you can get investors to do it legit and keep that money coming in annually.

Clearmax

Reaction score
This sounds like OCM all over again. Not exactly the same but the way it is unfolding is very similar. I wonder if there will be any face slaps:eek:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

If someone wants to store 70 boats and pay up front for storage Im pretty sure you can get investors to do it legit and keep that money coming in annually.

Agreed. In this economy that would have been a winner.

As the onion gets peeled back, it is just going to get worse and worse before it gets any better. Whoever pushed for this thread to be created should have just left it alone.

But..But..But.. I'm sure they had "good intentions" and were not "taking people's money dishonestly". It is all "blown out of porportion" and is a "big misunderstanding". They were just "in over their heads". Chris was the bad guy, and now "he is gone".

j21black

Reaction score
No.. I just hope you have the beer budget set aside, and didn't have Interceptor store your beer.

I built my own storage. Really just posted so I could keep up.

I hope everyone involved in this deal somehow gets made whole, even though I know it is only a very remote possibility, and the guy behind the scam (whoever that may be) makes a few new friends in prison.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Agreed. In this economy that would have been a winner.

As the onion gets peeled back, it is just going to get worse and worse before it gets any better. Whoever pushed for this thread to be created should have just left it alone.

But..But..But.. I'm sure they had "good intentions" and were not "taking people's money dishonestly". It is all "blown out of porportion" and is a "big misunderstanding". They were just "in over their heads". Chris was the bad guy, and now "he is gone".

Somehow this guy pulled all this off without anyone else including Troy or his silent partner having the slightest inclination. [emoji849]

Last edited by a moderator:

Taboma

Reaction score

Why you joking about the rack ? No Joke, Lake Arrowhead Marina HAS a large building with RACKS, lol :D Racks Rule :p:p Obviously they need more racks :eek:

Taboma

Reaction score
One lingering question, no, more like shit loads, but one for now --- When Scott Gould stated "They" had their boats hauled off and stored, does that mean "They" are Lake Arrowhead marina contracted the deal, or "They" the individual boat owners ? Makes me wonder how that many owners knew to contact Chris for the storage hook-up ? (Oops that's two ??)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One lingering question, no, more like shit loads, but one for now --- When Scott Gould stated "They" had their boats hauled off and stored, does that mean "They" are Lake Arrowhead marina contracted the deal, or "They" the individual boat owners ? Makes me wonder how that many owners knew to contact Chris for the storage hook-up ? (Oops that's two ??)

Good questions

RD

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If lake Arrowhead marina handled that contractual relationship that really sucks for the boat owners.

I wonder where he listed the boats for sale that disappeared or if he just stripped them for parts for new builds. Wonder if anyone paid for a new blue motor and got a used one instead.

I'm kinda impressed by the scope of this one. If any of this story is true.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

I’ll interject here (not that it’s worth shit) that I don’t think there’s 70 boats on that lot.
Maybe 20? A few vehicles, vans, Jeeps, a big rig, but even if the building was packed wall to wall, not 70 boats.
So if there were 70, I wonder where the rest are??

hallett21

Reaction score
Why’s the guy with a judgement advocating for Chris to become a fugitive? Lol

Whole thing stinks and probably has 38 sides.

People really need to do a better job of watching their money and toys/assets. How the hell do you own a boat, plane, car, horse, motorcycle etc and not know its whereabouts constantly?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

People really need to do a better job of watching their money and toys/assets. How the hell do you own a boat, plane, car, horse, motorcycle etc and not know its whereabouts constantly?

If I am an attorney I am looking at the suggestion to become a fugitive as a physical threat.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

I know of boats that have systems aboard that send the owner an E mail if it’s location changes or the batteries are low, etc...

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
If I’m his attorney threats are the least of my concerns. I’m sure there’s been plenty

If I can use the threats to get pending judgements tossed that's exactly what I would do (not an attorney so not sure that's even possible, just what my brain went to)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If I can use the threats to get pending judgements tossed that's exactly what I would do (not an attorney so not sure that's even possible, just what my brain went to)

I know only one person who’s gotten in trouble for a threat. And a 3rd party threat at that. Not sure how that comment would play out though