WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Breaking - Interceptor Custom Boats

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Press release from ICB

April 3, 2019 Interceptor Custom Boats is announcing the dismissal of Chris Mulvania from all matters concerning Interceptor Custom Boats. We would like to thank Chris for his years of dedicated service and wish him much success in his future endeavors.

B9AE053A-322D-4413-9C08-A3440BCC1B1E.jpeg

Troy Mcintosh will be replacing Chris as General Manager, bringing with him years of experience in both the custom automotive and boating industry. We look forward to continuing to serve are current and future customers. Stay tuned for an improved customer service experience and new models coming soon.

1F816E69-0BF2-4CF0-AB8F-C9A865065975.jpeg

Sincerely,
Troy McIntosh
General Manager
Interceptor Custom Boats

EF723BDF-8E16-4C48-9793-EAB20632D9DA.jpeg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Troy said The owner of Interceptor (whom was more or less a silent partner) wasn't aware of that judgement or some of the other things that were going on down there. He recently became aware, and this is the result.

You will note that judgement is against Chris Mulvania (personally) and not ICB.

Troy is the new GM, and has a pretty rough road to hoe over the next month or so, but he's a capable and responsible business man and will get things operating properly soon.

He runs another successful business in the AV world.

RD

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Good for them. As a "silent" or as I call it "man with no say and all the money to lose" partner in a few things, I am still very much involved in the business from nothing more than a high level look. To not see this happening, you'd have to essentially have blinders on, and the employees be afraid to talk to you to have it get this far! That all said, I hope they thrive like Elim is right now!

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Wow. Those of us not "in the know" had no idea there was a money-man/ silent partner.

I like the designs, so I hope they continue. It seems to be the issues are always dealing with scheduling and money...in most business really. Should be interesting to watch. Competition drives innovation. We all win to some extent.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow. Those of us not "in the know" had no idea there was a money-man/ silent partner.

I like the designs, so I hope they continue. It seems to be the issues are always dealing with scheduling and money...in most business really. Should be interesting to watch. Competition drives innovation. We all win to some extent.

It’s the boat business.. There’s “always” a money guy. Lol

matt fifield

Reaction score
April 3, 2019 Interceptor Custom Boats is announcing the dismissal of Chris Mulvania from all matters concerning Interceptor Custom Boats. We would like to thank Chris for his years of dedicated service and wish him much success in his future endeavors.

View attachment 741906

Troy Mcintosh will be replacing Chris as General Manager, bringing with him years of experience in both the custom automotive and boating industry. We look forward to continuing to serve are current and future customers. Stay tuned for an improved customer service experience and new models coming soon.

View attachment 741907

Sincerely,
Troy McIntosh
General Manager
Interceptor Custom Boats

View attachment 741908
Bull shit. I have a lawsuit with chris and interceptor custom boats. Chris Mulvania was the owner, he is trying hide assests and to claim ignorance is bs. My claim is civil and part of a larger criminal case. I have been posting on their face book for three years, and there gas been plenty on this site as well how could anyone not know what was going on.. Please

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
It’s the boat business.. There’s “always” a money guy. Lol
Luckily, not in the biz. I figured the money guy was the buyer. I also figured Mulvania and others started up with either their own capital, or maybe seed money borrowed from a lender. I just never thought of an ongoing relationship, financially speaking.

Either way, I like the stuff builders put out. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...even if he's the one footing the bill.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bull shit. I have a lawsuit with chris and interceptor custom boats. Chris Mulvania was the owner, he is trying hide assests and to claim ignorance is bs. My claim is civil and part of a larger criminal case. I have been posting on their face book for three years, and there gas been plenty on this site as well how could anyone not know what was going on.. Please

Well ya might want to get a hold of interceptor and talk to them about that. They might not even know about it.

That paperwork in the other thread just said Chris. I am not sure what other lawsuits are out there (including yours) and who the plaintiffs or defendants are.

As for that judgement (the one I was referring too for 380k) I as told by Troy earlier today that the Doc wasn’t even aware of it until recently.

I would definitely get ahold of them though and see what’s what.

Singleton

Reaction score
Well ya might want to get a hold of interceptor and talk to them about that. They might not even know about it.

That paperwork in the other thread just said Chris. I am not sure what other lawsuits are out there (including yours) and who the plaintiffs or defendants are.

As for that judgement (the one I was referring too for 380k) I as told by Troy earlier today that the Doc wasn’t even aware of it until recently.

I would definitely get ahold of them though and see what’s what.

Something is not right.
The ICB HIN was owned by Chris. Whoever this silent partner is, the judgement will follow him as well. The judgement that was posted had a con’t after Chris’s name, so other parties are listed.
Where is @Scott Gould to post what is going on.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Something is not right.
The ICB HIN was owned by Chris. Whoever this silent partner is, the judgement will follow him as well. The judgement that was posted had a con’t after Chris’s name, so other parties are listed.
Where is @Scott Gould to post what is going on.
Those were my thoughts as well. Just because Chris is out doesn't mean that everything is peachy over at ICB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I'm just a low rent redneck, but if the "silent partner" was not listed as an owner on paper, could he have been "sold" the business? One of those DBA things like Boyd did? I don't know legalities and such, but could that be what's happening?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Those were my thoughts as well. Just because Chris is out doesn't mean that everything is peachy over at ICB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lol I didn’t say everything was “peachy”. I said the actual owner (money guy) wasn’t aware of some of the goings on down there. He found out and Chris was dismissed, now Troy is the new GM.

That’s all that I know.

Troy mentioned to methat judgement was against Chris and not ICB in passing. I didn’t talk to him long enough to dig into it all.

Clearmax

Reaction score
Why is he listing himself as the general manager only if he is the owner. Why not ceo if Corp or owner if not, seems to be trying to hide from liability.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why is he listing himself as the general manager only if he is the owner. Why not ceo if Corp or owner if not, seems to be trying to hide from liability.

Because Troy isn’t the owner. He is the general manager. The owner is a Doctor from out of state.

Chris I believe “was” a minority partner in the deal. I’m not sure how it played out yesterday but I don’t believe he owns any part of ICB anymore.

Troy I believe is an Employee and not a vested partner.

Clearmax

Reaction score
Okay that’s good, hopefully the doctor will now take care of any judgements against interceptor. Let’s see how that plays out.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What a mess. Id delete the thread. Not like anyone gives a fuck who owns that company or who’s being sued. What did they build? A handful of boats and got sued in the process? [emoji849].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wasn’t this the company that bought the hull from eliminator and then it crashed last summer and came apart?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What a mess. Id delete the thread. Not like anyone gives a fuck who owns that company or who’s being sued. What did they build? A handful of boats and got sued in the process?
emoji849.png

It’s just news Paul.. ICB asked me to put it out so I put it out. What happens in the future with the lawsuits, new builds and new models is also news. I am
Interested in seeing how it all plays out.

Wasn’t this the company that bought the hull from eliminator and then it crashed last summer and came apart?

Chris did the cap job on the boat. That said it doesn’t much matter who capped it if you stuff a deck boat into a war at 60 it’s gonna come apart.. lol

DWC

Reaction score
What a mess. Id delete the thread. Not like anyone gives a fuck who owns that company or who’s being sued. What did they build? A handful of boats and got sued in the process? [emoji849].

Can we wait? I have another 3 hours in the Atl airport to kill.

Singleton

Reaction score
This silent partner ‘Doc’ must of been very silent and I would love to know his relation to Chris and his family.

When I was a silent partner in my sisters company. I received monthly financial statements and quarterly the company attorney would provide a report of any legal action against the company, officiers and partners.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It’s just news Paul.. ICB asked me to put it out so I put it out. What happens in the future with the lawsuits, new builds and new models is also news. I am
Interested in seeing how it all plays out.

Chris did the cap job on the boat. That said it doesn’t much matter who capped it if you stuff a deck boat into a war at 60 it’s gonna come apart.. lol
I'm amazed you keep doing this RD... Every. Single. Time.
You post a news release about a boat company in the Lounge and it goes sideways by the fourth post. One of these days, you should just tell the boat company that if they want to send out an update in the Lounge, to do it themselves. That means take the time and initiative to have their PR or office person set up and account here, log in, and release the info. Let them deal with all of the subsequent bullshit to be spewed on their own time. How hard is it for them to do that??? Otherwise, they could pony up and become a paid advertiser, or just keep doing what they are doing. It hasn't been difficult to notice that only businesses that are reliable are on here. The boat builders are all Ponzi schemes anyways, right!?!?

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Because Troy isn’t the owner. He is the general manager. The owner is a Doctor from out of state.

Chris I believe “was” a minority partner in the deal. I’m not sure how it played out yesterday but I don’t believe he owns any part of ICB anymore.

Troy I believe is an Employee and not a vested partner.

Its impossible to believe this silent partner didn't know about any of this. Someone with that kind of money is usually smart or crooked or both. This owner is probably family or friend who Chris signed over the company to due to his legal problems. Or did so long ago to avoid liability for things he knew he was doing wrong. Someone with that much money have money for a reason, because they are smart business men or women. They would have know about the issues. If they didn't do anything about it, they were in on it.

Crooks do crooked things. This new GM was probably told to get this "NEW" information out into the public hence him telling you.

Sorry RD, but if you really believe this story they have given you, you may be taken for a ride.

If they were hoping this type of publicity would help the company they would be wrong. But seems like this company has done allot of wrong so its par for the course.

In your defense though, you used allot of "I Believe" in your post which leads me to believe you don't know the hole story. To which you may not want to defend.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
That's cause theirs never a bad day on a babe-liner

LOL...my BIL had a bayliner for 10 years, it was a decent boat. Always started!! I mean the hull did split were the bottom and top come together after he caught 3-4ft of air coming off of my wake (Which he did on purpose) but it was nothing a few screws couldn't fix! LOL Allot of fun on that thing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its impossible to believe this silent partner didn't know about any of this. Someone with that kind of money is usually smart or crooked or both. This owner is probably family or friend who Chris signed over the company to due to his legal problems. Or did so long ago to avoid liability for things he knew he was doing wrong. Someone with that much money have money for a reason, because they are smart business men or women. They would have know about the issues. If they didn't do anything about it, they were in on it.

Crooks do crooked things. This new GM was probably told to get this "NEW" information out into the public hence him telling you.

Sorry RD, but if you really believe this story they have given you, you may be taken for a ride.

If they were hoping this type of publicity would help the company they would be wrong. But seems like this company has done allot of wrong so its par for the course.

In your defense though, you used allot of "I Believe" in your post which leads me to believe you don't know the hole story. To which you may not want to defend.

Ok I'm gonna say this one more time...

IT'S A PRESS RELEASE, WRITTEN BY THEM.. I just posted it.

As for whether the guy knows, knew, know, I DUNNO! That's just what Troy told me. <--------

You guys read these posts and instantly make all these assumptions that I'm somehow going to bat for them, or claiming these things.. Read the text! "Troy said the guy didn't know" is very different than "The guy didn't know" (as in me claiming that as a fact I know to be true). Even though it was in the secondary posts I added it to the first to be more clear as well.

Now I am going to say something here though that you should pay attention too. I don't know how, I don't know why, I dunno what it is about this business.. For some reason there is a lot of things like this that happen, and the people actually DON'T KNOW.

Tim @ OCM was a prime example.. He got into people for millions of dollars.. Do you think any of the people that were fronting him large sums of cash for worthless titles of boats had any idea of what was going on? Or do you think Tim said whatever it was they needed to hear so that they felt "good" about it and sent the cash.

It's easy to say "Well if I invested, I'd be fully aware of what is going on." Somehow someway it does in fact happen more in this industry than you would expect.

Singleton

Reaction score

As for whether the guy knows, knew, know, I DUNNO! That's just what Troy told me. <--------

You guys read these posts and instantly make all these assumptions that I'm somehow going to bat for them, or claiming these things.. Read the text! "Troy said the guy didn't know" is very different than "The guy didn't know" (as in me claiming that as a fact I know to be true). Even though it was in the secondary posts I added it to the first to be more clear as well.

Now I am going to say something here though that you should pay attention too. I don't know how, I don't know why, I dunno what it is about this business.. For some reason there is a lot of things like this that happen, and the people actually DON'T KNOW.

Tim @ OCM was a prime example.. He got into people for millions of dollars.. Do you think any of the people that were fronting him large sums of cash for worthless titles of boats had any idea of what was going on? Or do you think Tim said whatever it was they needed to hear so that they felt "good" about it and sent the cash.

It's easy to say "Well if I invested, I'd be fully aware of what is going on." Somehow someway it does in fact happen more in this industry than you would expect.

IMO you have to find a way for MFG’s to post press releases without you doing it.
Maybe via the front page that you can link over to the forums.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

There is no need to yell RD! LOL

I get your point, but like someone else posted maybe it would be best if you had them post their press release then. So you don't have to get the shit thrown at you. Let them deal with the mess they have created or allowed to be created. You don't want your credibility damaged.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I really hope ICB can get this squared away and start producing boats. I think once they get that handled and put behind them, they could sell a ton of the 26' deck boats. I really like the lines of them as do most people from comments I've heard.
Only time will tell.

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
as the boat building world turns...... new episodes just released....
I see this as just interesting info. about yet another crazy boat industry fraud scheme and unless you've been personally damaged by C.M. & Co. it means little other that. I don't understand what ya'll are gettin all up in RD'S grill about, he's just passing along info. I would imagine there will be several to many, many twists and turns until this is settled, resolved, etc. and the damaged peeps hopefully made whole some day. In the end the "silent partner"/DOC may be left with some bruises as he now goes to the "school of hard knocks" since he's allegedly invested his $$$ "unknowingly" with a fraudulent bus. partner. At this point, who would want to claim knowledge of any of these problems mulvaney has created???