WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are you old enough to remember....

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Hey, Dio wouldn't be a bad guess!
Kind of does look like him.
But the 3rd guy is Tony Defries.

He was Bowies crook of a manager, then started "Mainman", which was an "Artist management group".
Basically, he signed artists, paid them a weekly stipend, housed and fed them and paid all their expenses.
BUT, he also collected 100% of all the concert and album revenues.

It took until 1980 or so for Bowie to get out of the contract, and until that point he was literally penniless, even though he was one of the top selling recording artists.
This picture was taken the night that Lou Reed met with Bowie and Defries about joining Mainman.
It is said that this was the point where Reed declined, then advised Bowie that he was being robbed blind by Defries.

You can see the "stern" look on Reeds face, and the stunned disappointment on Bowies.

Of course, Iggy is just blasted as always!

Meaningless late night trivia!:thumbup:
I was pretty sure that was Lou Reed but didn't know that was Tony Defries

Havexico

In a world of no rules..
Reaction score
Blue chip stamps
Schwinn orange crate
Clay skateboard wheels
UHF television
Disneyland ticket books " e ticket"
Busch gardens in the valley
Pup n taco

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and a sesame seed bun.... :thumbsup

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
CW.jpg

Havexico

In a world of no rules..
Reaction score
Helms bakery truck
Air raid sirens
Or when the ice cream truck guy could speak English
Millers outpost
Lawn darts

havasu2

Reaction score
Japanese Village in Buena Park
Sheriff John
Hobo Kelly
Lil Rascal's reruns
Datsun

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
When it was OK to throw your trash out the window of your car.

And the crying Indian anti-littering commercials - Keep America Beautiful

[video=youtube;IUUiEwOe55E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUiEwOe55E[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When I was growing up we used the Alpha callout, I remember our original phone number was ED-5-2039. And we had the old black desktop dial phones with the number label in the center of the dial. You dial wrong... you start over... and wait wait wait :swear

ADams 24184 was,,,,,,,,,,,,,?:

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I went to HS with 2 of Cal Worthington's Grandsons. Here is a montage of the stuff he did in his commercials.

[video=youtube;QOsLdT4slsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsLdT4slsk[/video]

Look at the cars in this video. LOL.

[video=youtube;iGEYCsvPJzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEYCsvPJzw[/video]

Meaney77

Reaction score
Name these guys
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608420.041358.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608782.150888.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608797.442345.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608812.539238.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608827.818539.jpg

Don't forget Camel Supercross at the LA Coliseum with the para styles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358609093.995477.jpg

And the Mickey Thompson Off Road Race
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358609139.955994.jpg

rightytighty

Reaction score
Getting "green stamps" when mom bought groceries.

Then spending hours licking those stupid stamps and filling the books..

Then the payoff: The trip to the green stamp store to buy the model rocket with my drool stained books. :thumbup:

shueman

Reaction score
The Rendezvous Ballroom, Balboa CA...saw Linda Rondstat and the Stone Ponys

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
The Rendezvous Ballroom, Balboa CA...saw Linda Rondstat and the Stone Ponys

...Was walking on whatever the street is that goes to the Ferry and could hear Dick Dale and The Deltones playing in the ballroom... ...Easter week '62,...I think?...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Name these guys
View attachment 244752
View attachment 244753
View attachment 244754
View attachment 244755
View attachment 244756

Don't forget Camel Supercross at the LA Coliseum with the para styles.

View attachment 244757

And the Mickey Thompson Off Road Race
View attachment 244759

Bob Hannah?

Marty Smith #111?? (seems Roger Da Coster was #111, but I can't remember him on a Honda)

Rocket Rex with the muddy face??

Jeff Ward??

Years ago I would know for sure, but I can't hardly even remember their plate numbers!:D

Remember this???

lbbletbrocbyyye.jpg

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...JN Roberts...He had the Desert races and the Baja covered in his day,...won Barstow to Vegas 4 years strasight also teamed with Malcomb Smith to win the inagural Baja 1000...('60's & '70's) ...Was one of us from Sun Valley Ca in our youth but for some reason could ride a motorcycle a little better than most?......Lives on a ranch in Montana these days...

...Not sure but the guy in the Checkers helmet may be Bernie Coyne?...

4065700249_2b4a6cfd35.jpg ..

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When Sundance was a floating bar, kinna like Foxes and Roadrunner are now??

doubleeagle

Reaction score
Bell bottom pants
Beatle Boots
West coast boys Hardy Shoe Stores
Wallabees
Liesure Suits
Church Keys
Clamer digger pants
PF FLYERS
Reverb speakers
Reverse chrome whells and baby moons
Neyero (spelling) Jackets
AA fuel alters
Hair cut (flat top with finders)
Cherrybombs and how to stuff them with steel wool
Knock off exhaust
Lake pipes
Carson tops
Tanker Jackets
motor cycle boots
Kawik pants
Strippin Levis and starching them

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
...JN Roberts...He had the Desert races and the Baja covered in his day...('60's & '70's) ...Was one of us from Sun Valley Ca in our youth but for some reason could ride a motorcycle a little better than most?......Lives on a ranch in Montana these days...

...Not sure but the guy in the Checkers helmet may be Bernie Coyne?...

View attachment 244807 ..

Cool!!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Eddie Wirth winning the CRA Sprint Car Championship and the following year setting the one lap record at Ascot,...which may have never been broken?... ...Worked with him a bunch on various movies... ...How he could work 80 hours a week and race on the weekends is beyond me?...

2339855730_c3c6c5f179.jpg

Last edited:

PrimeCut

Reaction score

Meaney77

Reaction score
Broc Glover
Jean Macheal-Bale
Jeff Stanton
Jeff Ward
Not sure of the last one
Nice work, the last guy is "the beast from the east" Damon Bradshaw. Not sure who had a better mullet back then- me, the French fag Bayle, Bradshaw or possibly Dan Lorenze??!!! :)

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
EL CAJON SPEEDWAY " THE FASTEST 3/8 MILE ON THE WEST COAST " :D

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I went to school with the dipwad Brock glover , the only thing that that saved him in live was rich parents :(

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Attaching cardboard to your push bike wheels with a peg to make it sound cool. :D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Twenty minute long drum solos at concerts. Nickelback still does it, but most bands now just play their songs just like they do in the studio when in concert. :thumbdown:

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Twenty minute long drum solos at concerts. Nickelback still does it, but most bands now just play their songs just like they do in the studio when in concert. :thumbdown:

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

Just like it's pre recorded? :D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One
Nickelback :point

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

One of the best drum solo/battles!

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

...To this day the best drum solo I have ever seen was 1968 at the Shrine Auditorium... ...On the bill was Procol Harem,...Love,...Chicago and possibly one other?... ...The band Chicago had just come to California,...had, as of then, not released their first album,...and this was one of their first gigs... ...At the time they were known as CTA or Chicago Transit Authority... ...I saw this chick I had known growing up standing in the balcony and went up to talk to her... ...We ended up talking on the second floor right above Chicago... ...The more of their tunes that they went through the more we went wow, who are these guys???... ...The bottom line is that in the middle of one of,...what would become one of their all time greats,...possibly 25 or 6 to 4???,...the drummer went into a very extended solo... ...We were mezmorized for what could have been anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes???... ...The last half of the solo was bare handed and by the ended of it this guys hands were a mixture of sweat and blood... ...Unbelievable...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
...To this day the best drum solo I have ever seen was 1968 at the Shrine Auditorium... ...On the bill was Procol Harem,...Love,...Chicago and possibly one other?... ...The band Chicago had just come to California,...had, as of then, not released their first album,...and this was one of their first gigs... ...At the time they were known as CTA or Chicago Transit Authority... ...I saw this chick I had known growing up standing in the balcony and went up to talk to her... ...We ended up talking on the second floor right above Chicago... ...The more of their tunes that they went through the more we went wow, who are these guys???... ...The bottom line is that in the middle of one of,...what would become one of their all time greats,...possibly 25 or 6 to 4???,...the drummer went into a very extended solo... ...We were mezmorized for what could have been anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes???... ...The last half of the solo was bare handed and by the ended of it this guys hands were a mixture of sweat and blood... ...Unbelievable...

That drummer for CTA was Danny Seraphine. An excellent drummer. His licks are still being played today. Tris Imboden, a local OC musician, is the current drummer with Chicago. Tris was battling some health problems. Hope he's doing ok. He was the drummer in "Honk", a local OC group who played for quite a while at the Golden Bear in HB many years ago. Tris is a good guy and another excellent drummer.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

YEP. Neil Pert and I'll add Carter Beauford of DMB. Both these guys can get you lost just watching them work. Neil looks like a man possessed while Beauford laughs his ass of while keeping like 4 different beats at the same time. Amazes the hell out of me.

220px-Carter_Beauford_2008.jpg

Dude is going be be 60 years old in a couple years.