WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

'77 Howard GN 20'

cj222

Reaction score
Nice as always.

Do you weld the bridges/spacers to the external tube as well?
Thank you! Yes they are welded to the inner pipe in several sections to dam up the water and spill over on the top side to keep the entire pipe surrounded by water. I leave a small gap on the bottom to allow a little bit of the water to pass by.

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes they are welded to the inner pipe in several sections to dam up the water and spill over on the top side to keep the entire pipe surrounded by water. I leave a small gap on the bottom to allow a little bit of the water to pass by.
You are referring to the rings right?

HAP

Reaction score
Yes. I cut them to size and in half, then weld them to the inner pipe leaving a small opening on the bottom so hot water doesn't get trapped at the bottom.
So, you went "dry tails"? Were you concerned about possible reversion issues? They look great!

R,
HAP

cj222

Reaction score
So, you went "dry tails"? Were you concerned about possible reversion issues? They look great!

R,
HAP
Thank you!
Yes I went dry exhaust to the transom not for concern of reversion as much as just to keep the exhaust flow as dry as possible without actually doing full dry pipe thru hull tails.