WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whats the most popular dog breed on RDP?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
English Bulldog - perfect boating dog, tie a rope around it and she doubles as an anchor. 70 pounds that can't swim for a shit and sinks like a brick.
View attachment 378001

Bulldog thinks he's a diesel engine:

[video=youtube;_aN7ts95lac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aN7ts95lac[/video]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Rescue mutt... Mostly Jack Russel
IMG_1563.jpg

hulihan

Reaction score
Pure Shepard, Murdock, he will be 2 next month, very protective and the smartest dog I have had !

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 44

ERiggen

Reaction score
English bulldog and dachshund. Bulldog actually doesn't sink she swims. Too hot for her on the boat though.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'm betting the good old fashioned "mutt" probably wins- maybe not what people vote for, but probably what they have.

At the same time -lots of guys THINK they have something when they really have a mix of something.
Until you actually 3rd party DNA test your animal - you don't know what you have.
Breeders lie like rugs.

The most awesome dog of all of mine, or even ones that Ive had in my life is this little treasure - Madeleine.
Amazingly complex personality, and like all females- she can seduce, or launch an attack vicious enough to take nearly anything down.

I want to know how the chow - chihuahua thing went down.

Uncle Dave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 7.32.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 7.32.08 AM.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 7.30.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 7.30.24 AM.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Mads.jpg
    Mads.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 38

gqchris

Reaction score
Gotta represent my Boston Terrier. Never had a dog that's so "mobile". He does every activity we do. Never shit or pissed in the house. Great dog.'

IMG_2034.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg

MalibuKen

Rockstar Rocks!
Reaction score
Mostly lab mix for me, most recent Catahoula/lab and Yellow Lab. Always rescued dogs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416683253.916579.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416683377.703229.jpg

H2O

Reaction score

Uncle Dave

I was sitting out at a coffee shop one day with my Chow dog, when a couple stopped by to chat. They had the weirdest looking little dog, something I'd never seen before. They said "we want to check out your Chow because we have a CHOW-WOWA". They said a neighbors male chow jumped the fence and got with their female chihuahua. Only had one pup, and it was a weird looking little guy, looked like something you'd make on photoshop.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I was sitting out at a coffee shop one day with my Chow dog, when a couple stopped by chat. They had the weirdest looking little dog, something I'd never seen before. They said "we want to check out your Chow because we have a CHOW-WOWA". They said a neighbors male chow jumped the fence and got with their female chihuahua. Only had one pup, and it was a weird looking little guy, looked like something you'd make on photoshop.

Funny.

She was something like that - but with all that other stuff thrown in.
Without the DNA test we'd have never had a clue of what we have.
She's a medium sized terrier looking dog with a silk soft non shedding coat.

UD

koenig

Reaction score
I'm betting the good old fashioned "mutt" probably wins- maybe not what people vote for, but probably what they have.

At the same time -lots of guys THINK they have something when they really have a mix of something.
Until you actually 3rd party DNA test your animal - you don't know what you have.
Breeders lie like rugs.

The most awesome dog of all of mine, or even ones that Ive had in my life is this little treasure - Madeleine.
Amazingly complex personality, and like all females- she can seduce, or launch an attack vicious enough to take nearly anything down.

Uncle Dave

I'm more worried about the stud dog or female is the dog they say it is. Like my boy's father is highly titled as a show dog, in fact he is the most titled male in Rottweiler history, he's also highly titled in schutzhund/IPO. He was sold by his breeder for close to $100K and stud fee's are extremely high, since he is in Denmark, are the breeders here really getting his semen, are breeders here really using him or just saying its him. Lying like this has happened, DNA has proven it does. Although I knew my breeder well, even went to Northern California for shows with her. But my boys litter mates, well they cost between $2k to $3k per puppy. She broke even on two litters of puppies.

I got my pup based on the mother, she had a good show career, was schutzhun II, her grand father was my favorite male Rottweiler in the 90's. But without DNA, I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy of the pedigree. He's also like a second cousin once removed to one of my girls. I like staying in the same bloodlines with all my dogs. Good pedigree's can be the difference between $800 to $1,500 puppies or $2,000 to $3,000 puppies. I'll pay the big money to get the same bloodlines as my past dogs. Also hoping they'll produce a similar type as their ancestors. Breeders now this and can and do create false pedigree's. Only 3 breeders in Rottweiler's I trust.

My boys father and great grand father, two very nice Rottweiler's.

Attachments

• tayson.png
    tayson.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 48
  • wotan.png
    wotan.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 45

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the stud dog or female is the dog they say it is. Like my boy's father is highly titled as a show dog, in fact he is the most titled male in Rottweiler history, he's also highly titled in schutzhund/IPO. He was sold by his breeder for close to $100K and stud fee's are extremely high, since he is in Denmark, are the breeders here really getting his semen, are breeders here really using him or just saying its him. Lying like this has happened, DNA has proven it does. Although I knew my breeder well, even went to Northern California for shows with her. But my boys litter mates, well they cost between $2k to $3k per puppy. She broke even on two litters of puppies.

I got my pup based on the mother, she had a good show career, was schutzhun II, her grand father was my favorite male Rottweiler in the 90's. But without DNA, I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy of the pedigree. He's also like a second cousin once removed to one of my girls. I like staying in the same bloodlines with all my dogs. Good pedigree's can be the difference between $800 to $1,500 puppies or $2,000 to $3,000 puppies. I'll pay the big money to get the same bloodlines as my past dogs. Also hoping they'll produce a similar type as their ancestors. Breeders now this and can and do create false pedigree's. Only 3 breeders in Rottweiler's I trust.

Who are the breeders?

koenig

Reaction score
Who are the breeders?

http://www.redwoodkrest.com/ even though he's probably in it for the money, he wants to maintain a good reputation. He does his own breeding's and imports as well. Expensive but he delivers. He actively shows his dogs in German style shows and titles his dogs in schuzthund/IPO, he's a good training resource besides producing and importing top dogs.

http://www.jenecks.com/ probably the oldest Rottweiler breeder in the U.S. Has produced some of the top dogs in Rottweiler's. Is highly regarded by most breeder in the states and Europe.

http://www.hexental.be/ he's in Europe, long time breeder with a very good reputation. He probably has the highest standards for his breeding's. He also knows more about Rottweiler's then anyone out there.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before the next big trend of most popular breed:D

Last edited by a moderator:

koenig

Reaction score

Funny. I bought my current boy Ty at 10months old basically on his head type and his movement.

Attachments

• p8110009.jpg
    p8110009.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 41

koenig

Reaction score
My boy Ty is very similar to his father and his brother in head type. I'm either switching breeds entirely this time or importing a dog from Germany with the same bloodlines.

His Father is lying down the brother is standing:

Attachments

• 0044.jpg
    0044.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 0019.jpg
    0019.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 38

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

I've rarely buy purebred dogs, but if I were rottie shopping id be doing the level of due diligence you are in choosing a breeder for your dogs.

UD

koenig

Reaction score
I've rarely buy purebred dogs, but if I were rottie shopping id be doing the level of due diligence you are in choosing a breeder for your dogs.

UD

I mostly go by reputation, then the lines I like. Most of the breeders when I first got into Rottweiler's 17 or so years ago. Well they no longer breed dogs. Two have died and eight or more have retired. Its now a short list in Rottweiler's.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Thanks Gelcoater I needed a laugh had to put my girl down Thursday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416696533.119360.jpg RIP Colby

Last edited by a moderator:

koenig

Reaction score
Id say if you are thinking about getting a purebred dog. First thing you should do is find a forum for that breed. Forums will likely have dog show results and discussions on dogs doing well Look at some of the winning show dogs and make a list of the ones you like. Then find the breeders breeding those lines or similar. Once you've found the breeders, that seem to produce the type of dog you are looking for. Ask the breeder about health testing on their breeding stock. Rottweiler's have several genetic health problem's, and they can be tested for most of them. They are: OFA Elbows, OFA Cardiac, OFA Thyroid and OFA hips, OFA is a foundation that certifies dogs don't have these problems. Any breed can be tested, most do these tests. No health certificates on both parents, don't buy a puppy. Also you should go to the OFA website and make sure the parents actually have the certificates! Some breeders fake them!!!! I tend to pick breeders, who actively show their dogs and participate in protection sports. They also do well in this arena. Warning about AKC champions, any dog could earn a championship if you show it enough. Even so, if a breeder just talks about all the champions in their pedigree, but their dogs don't have titles, run don't walk away!

koenig

Reaction score
My dog Buddy passed away a year ago on August 27th 2013. I still can't look at his picture without getting bummed out.

DickieB

Reaction score
Dawgs.............ya' gotta love 'em! Can't bring myself to get another right now, it's so hard to let them go. I have several granddawgs and stepdawgs that I get to play with so that'll have to do for now. :)

Boat Bling

Reaction score
The ferocious Boat Bling shop dog, Daisy Duke posing with some Condition Sauce. Pit bull mix who's habits include napping, cardboard box destruction, and tennis ball search & rescue missions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416856617.384393.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Two wiener dogs

The black/tan is almost 11 years old and the blue is almost 3 years old (old picture)

3691_4569983648030_1147672204_n.jpg

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
a ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416897995.672099.jpg Hoven, he's a pit mix I rescued 7 years ago. Great dog and my best friend.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
After all the great pics of everyones Pups, I though horndog would have been the most popular breed on R.D.'s

bbtoyz69

Reaction score
How about a 200 lb English Mastiff with GQ style. That's my Harley Dog

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416956910495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416956910495.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 35