WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s Happening at the SPEED Center….. aKa old Hastings Building

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
wonder if the data logging Mode had an impact on the electronics …( was it like a limp mode? ) hard to say ….

seems like a few electrical issues, steering issues/ feedback could also be electrical, like low voltage
also phone connection lost a few times
dash warning lights

Yes it did as far as the CELs, according to that review. Sounds like they have warning lights set to trigger on small variations of voltages/feedback while data logging these early cars.

I figured the digital dash and phone mirroring features were not going to be great, going back 2 years now. I’m going with a 9” Lowrance.

Good news is that those are very solvable issues via software. It’s sounds like they still need a root cause for the steering feedback.

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Word on the street is that Carl Sykes guy sold his low number car for 80’ish thousand at the event.. 😳🤪

If that’s the case he was right and we were wrong. I didn’t think he’s get $80, although some thought he’d get $0.

I’m gonna call Speed tomorrow and buy the $1500 electronics package now that it comes with blinkers.

Did you get that already?

702sandman

Reaction score
Word on the street is that Carl Sykes guy sold his low number car for 80’ish thousand at the event.. 😳🤪
On one of the videos they showed who Carl was….here he is, the guy in red.

ECC9C289-8E8C-4E83-9454-6493D39E1EF1.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i heard the same thing. I can’t disclose the buyers name but I think his first name starts with a R and last name of Charles?

Yea he knew it was gonna be good when he heard about it 🤣

R Charles disposable income > yore disposable income, I guess.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Says the guy who takes his Miata rear view mirror to bed with him so he can dream he’s in his Speed car. The only difference is your tranny ain’t broke since you just paid her.😳😁

For a guy named Joker you sure get puckered up tight. Or maybe that’s just the guy in the mirror’s idea.. 😂

702sandman

Reaction score
Another crazy thing in that video was the guy that bought one of Carls early numbers than added even more shit to it… he said he was all in at 94k ….what in the EFF would someone spend that much for ?? he was a old guy so maybe he just said eff it I’m spending the kids inheritance 😂😂😂

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Another crazy thing in that video was the guy that bought one of Carls early numbers than added even more shit to it… he said he was all in at 94k ….what in the EFF would someone spend that much for ?? he was a old guy so maybe he just said eff it I’m spending the kids inheritance 😂😂😂

Jeeezzuuusss

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That’s insane, but he probably just bought a $180k Raptor R to tow it. :)

I get that people have $100k Pro R builds…. But still. It’s a new car, with all the unknowns and limited parts and support.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

There’s a shit ton of new and generational wealth. Good chance this is spare change in his pocket 🤷‍♂️

Joker

Reaction score
Why are you whining to him? 🤣

You didn’t ask a question anyway…
I’m not whining to anyone. I asked a question and you have no idea where this stems from .
Will he give you two nuts for stepping in?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m not whining to anyone. I asked a question and you have no idea where this stems from .
Will he give you two nuts for stepping in?

Seems the nut is already on your face Joker.

Go whine about the Speed car in the other thread.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We can finish this discussion tomorrow. Some of us are not stay at home dads. For tonight use what you have😁

Maybe you can learn to code and do better for yoreself then?

Your breakup with milkmoney really did a number on you 🤣

Joker

Reaction score
It was a joke, joker.. nobody else woulda got it except you. Lol
All good Dave. I had a lot of shit going on yesterday. I think that prop had like 6 holes and you were trying to help me figure out which holes to plug.
I apologize for the reaction

1Carl

Reaction score
RG says he’s dropping a 7.0L engine V-8 into Speed UTV for racing Polaris 4 cylinder.

702sandman

Reaction score
This literally has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard Robbie say. “Polaris and Can am wants to play a Hp game with Speed ??? Polaris and Can am can give 2 fucks what Robbie does with his cars. He can’t even make his “fully built race cars” make it unscathed thru a 40 mile prologue at the hammers. What a fucking joke… sorry for the nut swingers but that tops all the shit so far he’s wasted his breath saying

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
This literally has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard Robbie say. “Polaris and Can am wants to play a Hp game with Speed ??? Polaris and Can am can give 2 fucks what Robbie does with his cars. He can’t even make his “fully built race cars” make it unscathed thru a 40 mile prologue at the hammers. What a fucking joke… sorry for the nut swingers but that tops all the shit so far he’s wasted his breath saying
So you won’t be purchasing one? Asking for a friend 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
RG says he’s dropping a 7.0L engine V-8 into Speed UTV for racing Polaris 4 cylinder.

Welcome back!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
that’s for sure lol The sad part is I think the car can be good for customers, he just gets in his own way so much I honestly don’t think he realizes it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I agree, however I don’t think he cares. They are just words, the words got attention, Speed wins.

Speed is gonna be fine. RG is gonna be fine. The guy is clearly a master at creating attention from nothing and that is all he wants right now.

I agree with you completely that Polaris and Can Am couldn’t care less about Speed.

Last edited:

DMF

Reaction score
I know Polaris has the 4 cylinder. Has Can Am come out with something bigger then what is in the current X3?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I know Polaris has the 4 cylinder. Has Can Am come out with something bigger then what is in the current X3?

No as of now they have not. Their new car may be next year.

Reactions: DMF

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Since the other thread is full of misinformation and arguing, and this one is just half full of arguing, I’ll start posting more info again here as we get closer to full production.

Looks like that full production will be rolling in Vietnam soon.

I checked out the customer cars in the Speed Center last week, they look pretty good.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Since the other thread is full of misinformation and arguing, and this one is just half full of arguing, I’ll start posting more info again here as we get closer to full production.

I checked out the customer cars in the Speed Center last week, they look pretty good.
Welcome back. Can’t wait to hear 😂

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

What's a $3,000 deposit get me?

"Anyting you want"

maxresdefault.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score

coming from you over the last year(s) only 'pretty good' seems odd. Do you need to share your feelings? 😁😁