WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The OCM saga has come to a close

Sonic45SS

Reaction score
A Documented Vessel has a Certificate of Documentation. We keep a copy of this on board at all times.

Upon a sale, You fill out the back and sign it same as a State Pink slip. There is also a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Satisfaction of Mortgage.that also needs to be filled out if a lien holder is involved. This all gets sent to the Coast Guard.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So if someone was to send false documents to the Coast Guard.....That is definitely a Federal crime and your dealing with the Federal Boating Police dept if you will.

[/FONT]That said registering a vessel's HIN that has always been a Documented Vessel....I wonder if that deal is pretty easy if the Federal System is not directly comparable or compatible with that states DMV. I still think it would all eventually come to light.

The boat can be easily removed from the CG documentation by sending them a copy of the Lien release letter from the bank, and a copy of the bill of sale and filling out the appropriate CG form. I believe these documents from the bank and bill of sale have to be certified. If there is a loan on the boat currently and documentation was required, you can easily find the new owner by going to the CG website and do vessel search by number. It will show all the past and current owners. If the boat is documented and you dont have the documentation papers on board, your are subject to a $10,000 fine and impoundment of the boat. The purpose of the CG documentation is to protect the banks asset at the federal level. Also if you go into foreign waters it makes you an official US vessel and the protection that affords.

Usually before a boat can be transferred a lien search has to be performed with the CG and get all the documents in order before the vessel can be transferred legally. If there was any any fraud or fake paperwork done to accommodate the sale and transfer, or if you may think there was, notify the CG. They take that seriously and the United States Marshall's service will be engaged to recover the vessel or homeland security, pr possibly both. The actual,owner of the. Vessel is supposed to sign the coast guard bill of sale, it's a specific CG form, not something from the broker or a signature from a broker or sales person. If this Tim guy sold the boat without doing these items or forged documents, he is in huge trouble now. Big Time federal offense. And with all else that's happened they will probably get involved and crucify him and prob bring in other 3 letter agencies too.

Whitecaps

Reaction score
Tim was cutting a rug last night at the X. Sure didn't look like a man getting ready leave town. There were so many people pointing at him and taking photos.
Let me get this straight.....Tim sales his she devil sand car for $26K cash...leaves OCM in the cover of darkness Thursday night...skips the 8 am meeting with the OCM employees who are there expecting to be paid...then out living it up at the X?:loser:

Whitecaps

Reaction score
Without joking though, its Tim and Rubys child that could really be affected by all this.[emoji35] Certainly not fair to him.

Can you imagine the peer pressure from his parents business practices:(

spectracular

Reaction score
Let me get this straight.....Tim sales his she devil sand car for $26K cash...leaves OCM in the cover of darkness Thursday night...skips the 8 am meeting with the OCM employees who are there expecting to be paid...then out living it up at the X?:loser:

Do you think he paid his tab at the X? Or did he roll out on that too?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The boat can be easily removed from the CG documentation by sending them a copy of the Lien release letter from the bank, and a copy of the bill of sale and filling out the appropriate CG form. I believe these documents from the bank and bill of sale have to be certified. If there is a loan on the boat currently and documentation was required, you can easily find the new owner by going to the CG website and do vessel search by number. It will show all the past and current owners. If the boat is documented and you dont have the documentation papers on board, your are subject to a $10,000 fine and impoundment of the boat. The purpose of the CG documentation is to protect the banks asset at the federal level. Also if you go into foreign waters it makes you an official US vessel and the protection that affords.

Usually before a boat can be transferred a lien search has to be performed with the CG and get all the documents in order before the vessel can be transferred legally. If there was any any fraud or fake paperwork done to accommodate the sale and transfer, or if you may think there was, notify the CG. They take that seriously and the United States Marshall's service will be engaged to recover the vessel or homeland security, pr possibly both. The actual,owner of the. Vessel is supposed to sign the coast guard bill of sale, it's a specific CG form, not something from the broker or a signature from a broker or sales person. If this Tim guy sold the boat without doing these items or forged documents, he is in huge trouble now. Big Time federal offense. And with all else that's happened they will probably get involved and crucify him and prob bring in other 3 letter agencies too.

Great info. Not a ton of detail on the CG's website. Certainly not half the stuff you have stated. I bookmarked this in case we ever sell but have a tendency to keep crap forever.

My point mostly was flat registering a HIN with a Local DMV even though the vessel is Documented. I would hope all that shit shows up in someones computer rather quickly.

Tank

Reaction score
A very similar situation occurred to us with a motorhome sale, $205,000, dealer never paid off our loan, re sold it, etc., saga went on for about a year. FBI seized dealers assets and seized the motorhome from the new owner. We lucked out, Foremost insurance has a theft by fraud clause and paid us off, replacement value, we actually made money on the deal.

This is what happens most of the time if you're sharp enough.

Dealt with many stolen cars that were sold fraudulently. It's not just civil. The car still gets reported stolen and gets seized.

You don't get to own a boat / or car fraudulently via made up forged documents, sorry that ain't the way it works.

Now if you as the seller hand the pink over to the scum bag dealer (tim) and that goes with the boat, then you are screwed and it's fully a civil mess. This is what happened with national liquidators and that guy chuck who traded his 36 nortech into Tim for a new spectre center console but never saw his money, his nor tech again or the new spectre. Just SOL and wrapped in civil suits. The way I hear it, this is how Tim sold many boats. He held the pinks to them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The documents in most (not all) of the boats weren't fraudulent.. The original owners just weren't paid and some of the new owners don't have titles.

As I understand it though if someone bought the boat from Ocm, even if they didn't get the title, if they can prove they paid for it then they are keeping it..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The documents in most (not all) of the boats weren't fraudulent.. The original owners just weren't paid.

As I understand it though if someone bought the boat from Ocm, even if they didn't get the title, if they can prove they paid for it then they are keeping it..

I know someone who bought a stolen dirt bike. He proved he paid for it but they still took it. They wanted to and almost did charge him for knowingly buying stolen property. I guess it's different with boats though? Huge value difference

Sonic45SS

Reaction score
Great info. Not a ton of detail on the CG's website. Certainly not half the stuff you have stated. I bookmarked this in case we ever sell but have a tendency to keep crap forever.

My point mostly was flat registering a HIN with a Local DMV even though the vessel is Documented. I would hope all that shit shows up in someones computer rather quickly.

Its all there or it used to be. I would suggest calling them and inquiring. Im sure things have not changed and they will tell you what I related.... One of the bigger changes is now Homeland Security is involved with the CG and vice versa. The biggest reasons banks require documenting is to protect the asset as I said before. The bank is pretty much guaranteed to get the asset back as long as its not been destroyed. If anyone tries to hide it or interfere, there is grave consequences. Its not like a regular repo guy is looking or coming for it. The Feds have long reaching arms and are not constrained by the state laws. They can cross state lines and more to recover the vessel from just about anywhere and bring prosecution. A lot of recourse the law has with a documented boat. Fooling around with a documented vessel is not a good idea if the Tim guy did anything improperly. If he did, and has sold documented vessels before, you can rest assured they will investigate everything.

ArizonaDCB

Reaction score
So I stopped by OCM today and had a look around.
There's 3 boats left in the Showroom......
Eliminator Daytona 30 with twins.
Eliminator Daytona single.
Shockwave with twins.
Not much out back, a couple old boats.
Nice to see the OCM logos removed from everywhere.
It's to bad someone didn't knock Tim's teeth out last night at the X.
I'm sure whoever did it would have many witnesses saying it was self defence as Tim took the first swing OR he tripped and hit his face on the other guys fist.
Tim should be scared shitless and be watching over his back at all times, there must be people just waiting in the dark to catch him out.
What a piece of garbage!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is also a few boats in the back. A cole 250 and a commander etc.. They paid to have work done and it was never done. The cole is stripped and in bad shape from sitting outside. I would like to buy it if anyone knows the owner.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Been waiting for that pic awhile now. [emoji12]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444615537.019642.jpg ??

Whitecaps

Reaction score
The documents in most (not all) of the boats weren't fraudulent.. The original owners just weren't paid and some of the new owners don't have titles.

true..............I guess I do not understand if I build a house and the builder does not pay his bills then a property lien is filed, and the difference is??????????????????

ArizonaDCB

Reaction score
I think this is them. Not going to post the picture with the child.

400346_263524467043274_808854134_n.jpg

10469709_752458254816557_2726514516012246277_n.jpg

That's them, guaranteed.........
When I "Googled" Ruby McDonald in Oregon it shows her having a Criminal Record and also mentions Tim McDonald as a relative. We all should have expected that I guess.......
I will go out of my way and use all the contacts I have (both Legal and otherwise) to find out where they end up moving to and keep this Board informed as well as people in the Town they land in.
They can run, but they can't hide!!!!

Tank

Reaction score

Doesn't work that way. Unfortunately, the buyer is gonna get screwed in the long run if the seller is set on getting his boat back.

Yea, possession is 9/10ths the law like was stated but you can never register the boat, and the boat will be seized until the courts figure it out.

In the end, the true owner will receive the boat back and the buyer will be left with a civil claim and possible criminal charges for being defrauded.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
He's got to be a fucking douche just off of him wearing black socks with sandals!!

I see concrete socks in his future. How deep is Lake Havasu anyway?

Ya know, any establishment that serves a known pos like this would not be getting my business. :thumbsdown

Tank, did your buddy get his Daytona out of there?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. Unfortunately, the buyer is gonna get screwed in the long run if the seller is set on getting his boat back.

Yea, possession is 9/10ths the law like was stated but you can never register the boat, and the boat will be seized until the courts figure it out.

In the end, the true owner will receive the boat back and the buyer will be left with a civil claim and possible criminal charges for being defrauded.

I can only tell you what the cops out here more or less said.

Either way two of the three parties are gonna get screwed. The people that lent him $$. And either the buyer or the seller.

cxr

Reaction score
When I "Googled" Ruby McDonald in Oregon it shows her having a Criminal Record and also mentions Tim McDonald as a relative. We all should have expected that I guess.......
I will go out of my way and use all the contacts I have (both Legal and otherwise) to find out where they end up moving to and keep this Board informed as well as people in the Town they land in.

be careful isn't that a slippery slope... slander and all

dread Pirate

Reaction score

Either way two of the three parties are gonna get screwed. The people that lent him $$. And either the buyer or the seller.

Everyone gets screwed. Even if they get their shit back, let alone money the time energy and stress involved takes it's toll. One of the three will get it worse than the others is all. :(

Enen

Reaction score

Possession is not 9/10th of the law. That is an absolute farce.

DaBank

Reaction score

I have 20 titles of cars I floored a dealer and DMV just reissued new titles. This is not a private party stolen motorcycle deal on Craigslist. This is a civil agreement in-between the dealer and owner of the boat on consignment,......... The retail buyer and/or the bank is held harmless on the transaction. This will be handled through the bonding company and insurance company and civil court. The Da or any one of many different agencies will go after Tim criminal because of the amount and intent to commit to defraud the retail public. What ever sale tax that Tim collected and did not pay will get him also and then the IRS will come against him on that Tax as INCOME that he did not claim. Rember Tim did not STEAL any of these boats he just did not fulfill a business deal. This is a real easy game to play if you don't give a fuck about people and there lives.

Sonic45SS

Reaction score

In the national marine debacle with similar happenings, banks repossessed the asset and or the original owners got their boats back and the buyer was left with nothing. Some people also ended up making payments on boats they didn't own anymore. Things went a few different ways. Unfortunately most people got hurt so bad financially they couldn't go after anyone for damages, couldn't afford lawyers. And there wasn't much to go after when it was over anyway. Amazing nothing happened to hionis over it. Millions of dollars.....

There are several things the legal system can do to this guy. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean it won't. Way too much has gone on and its in the light now, and statements from too many people. Others could be investigating, several agencies and or states and the locals were told to hold off so the investigations by other agencies doesnt get screwed up. Just because locals are saying X doesn't mean it's true.... If they want him it doesn't make any difference where he moves, they will get him.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Well let's see that POS is about 5'6" tall so as long as the lake's 6' it should be fine :cool

...You know the people involved in this debacle financially and or the people of Havasu City and the good folks of RDP didn't grow up in the neighborhood I grew up in which was La Tuna Canyon and Shadow Hills,...oh a couple miles away from the media center in Burbank... Not a scumbag area and way above middle class... If this guy Tim would've pulled this off even once he would've gotten his ass beaten,...not just a bitch slap... At the magnitude that it appears that he defrauded these people he would've still been living but he for sure would've had at least one broken arm...and some hospital time to think about it...

...Sidenote don't anybody do anything stupid...it ain't worth it...

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
...You know the people involved in this debacle financially and or the people of Havasu City and the good folks of RDP didn't grow up in the neighborhood I grew up in which was La Tuna Canyon and Shadow Hills,...oh a couple miles away from the media center in Burbank... Not a scumbag area and way above middle class... If this guy Tim would've pulled this off even once he would've gotten his ass beaten,...not just a bitch slap... At the magnitude that it appears that he defrauded these people he would've still been living but he for sure would've had at least one broken arm...and some hospital time to think about it...

...Sidenote don't anybody do anything stupid...it ain't worth it...

To me I think Tim sizes up who he is gonna screw over. Guys like Tim know who is a physical threat and a legal threat.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
To me I think Tim sizes up who he is gonna screw over. Guys like Tim know who is a physical threat and a legal threat.

Do u think he'd stick around to press charges and appear in court? I really don't

wishiknew

Reaction score

I think this is them. Not going to post the picture with the child.

400346_263524467043274_808854134_n.jpg

10469709_752458254816557_2726514516012246277_n.jpg

Unfortunely I have dealt with a couple with this same attitude in the construction industry the person to look out for is the female not the guy she will fuck you on the way to the bank and Fuck you at the bank and laugh all the way home

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
just think... if all the people that didn't pay there bills got their arms broke...

that's just sooo old school vegas:p

good things happen to people that do good things....I live by that rule.....

beating someone with a 2x4 doesn't put you in a better class of people...;)

Satan sure knows how to bring the bad out in people ..

there's a good lesson here to be learned.... there is a right and a wrong way to do business....

what should happen.........there should be an open door for someone to start an escro service for a non real estate trans actions...

mob mentality .....:rolleyes

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
just think... if all the people that didn't pay there bills got their arms broke...

that's just sooo old school vegas:p

good things happen to people that do good things....I live by that rule.....

beating someone with a 2x4 doesn't put you in a better class of people...;)

Satan sure knows how to bring the bad out in people ..

there's a good lesson here to be learned.... there is a right and a wrong way to do business....

what should happen.........there should be an open door for someone to start an escro service for a non real estate trans actions...

mob mentality .....:rolleyes

This is not only a matter of paying bills. It's a matter of stealing someone's money or assets. There's two wrongs here. Not one

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

That would have been ideal in this case. The industry is evolving - 15 years ago most boats did not cost this much (in the type of boating we prefer). Even today you still have a good percentage of guys that do not value brokerage services when they want to sell their boat. Add a transaction point in escrow and fees - it will be hard for some to get their arms around this. Threads like this put a spotlight on it though 2FF... :thumbup:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
living where you have to look over your shoulder is not THE GOOD LIFE....

how you live your life is how you get to live...

you get what God gives you and you do the best you can.....more wealth.... more worries..

I still wonder... what was he thinking.... what was his plan to make it out of the red..

we will never know if he could have pulled it out now.... but I deal with used car lots....they close up shop and open right back up somewhere's else....
and someone else opens up where they where...

anyone here remember the singer sewing machine deal where the guy transferred all the assets to Kentucky.... then fuc a;ll the stock holder and pensions??

wonder how much drugs he took to sleep at night???

I don't owe anyone, and I don't live beound my means..and noticed that people that make it big.... take big risks...if they make it ... they are the hero's.... if not Zero's...

there's a lot of business's that put up the cowboy front.... rent big fancy buildings...go out of business with big debts....

the people that are in volved here... the good guys....will have good things come there way...I gave a guy 100k to build me a boat.... longest 2 weeks of my life...was looking like I was never gonna get a boat

the day I finally turned the deal over to God....peace came with it.... the more I tried to handle it... the worst it got... was it worth going to prison for the way I tried to collect????

or was it better to look around and notice that every thing of the earth... still belongs to the earth when you go..

is it really worth going to prison because someone took your toy???? the prison is over filled with those that think yes...while the ones that just move on.... seem to move to an even better place in life...

I love when someone screws me out of a few hundred..... they could have gotton to me for more.. but now I know how they are..;)

if I do something that's not right.... I think it bothers me more..

I see this black black , no trade back...going on .... people sell junk... and no returns when you figure out what they did..I have never done a deal that I wouldn't "unwind" or tried to make the deal right...

I've done two deals with a member here....both had to be adjusted after the deal..both I could have said... too bad ....

people screw people over on craigs list constantly... miss represent...

I know everyone wants to be the tuff guy here.....but really????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This is not only a matter of paying bills. It's a matter of stealing someone's money or assets. There's two wrongs here. Not one

Sooooooo...... grasshopper....who's money is it....who owns all the cattle on all the hills??

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
living where you have to look over your shoulder is not THE GOOD LIFE....

how you live your life is how you get to live...

you get what God gives you and you do the best you can.....more wealth.... more worries..

I still wonder... what was he thinking.... what was his plan to make it out of the red..

we will never know if he could have pulled it out now.... but I deal with used car lots....they close up shop and open right back up somewhere's else....
and someone else opens up where they where...

anyone here remember the singer sewing machine deal where the guy transferred all the assets to Kentucky.... then fuc a;ll the stock holder and pensions??

wonder how much drugs he took to sleep at night???

I don't owe anyone, and I don't live beound my means..and noticed that people that make it big.... take big risks...if they make it ... they are the hero's.... if not Zero's...

there's a lot of business's that put up the cowboy front.... rent big fancy buildings...go out of business with big debts....

the people that are in volved here... the good guys....will have good things come there way...I gave a guy 100k to build me a boat.... longest 2 weeks of my life...was looking like I was never gonna get a boat

the day I finally turned the deal over to God....peace came with it.... the more I tried to handle it... the worst it got... was it worth going to prison for the way I tried to collect????

or was it better to look around and notice that every thing of the earth... still belongs to the earth when you go..

is it really worth going to prison because someone took your toy???? the prison is over filled with those that think yes...while the ones that just move on.... seem to move to an even better place in life...

I love when someone screws me out of a few hundred..... they could have gotton to me for more.. but now I know how they are..;)

if I do something that's not right.... I think it bothers me more..

I see this black black , no trade back...going on .... people sell junk... and no returns when you figure out what they did..I have never done a deal that I wouldn't "unwind" or tried to make the deal right...

I've done two deals with a member here....both had to be adjusted after the deal..both I could have said... too bad ....

people screw people over on craigs list constantly... miss represent...

I know everyone wants to be the tuff guy here.....but really????

This^^^^^

And I will tell you from personal experience that not only does Steve talk this talk...........he truly walks this walk:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This^^^^^

And I will tell you from personal experience that not only does Steve talk this talk...........he truly walks this walk:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thankyou...it's been a pleasure doing business with you:thumbup:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Sooooooo...... grasshopper....who's money is it....who owns all the cattle on all the hills??

Well if he stole my boat then it's my money he stole. I'm not sure how I'd handle it [emoji3]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've involved myself in shady business deals. I know what crossing the wrong guy can lead to [emoji106]🏽

smallblocksperry

Reaction score
saw him at Napa a couple weeks ago in parker, once I heard him tell the clerk he was with OCM I had an immediate urge to grab him by his neck but I figured that couldn't be Tim, had to be an employee etc.

Now that the picture of him is on this thread it dam sure was him, even though I have no dog in this fight I would have loved to fuck his day up.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
saw him at Napa a couple weeks ago in parker, once I heard him tell the clerk he was with OCM I had an immediate urge to grab him by his neck but I figured that couldn't be Tim, had to be an employee etc.

Now that the picture of him is on this thread it dam sure was him, even though I have no dog in this fight I would have loved to fuck his day up.

LOL.... reminds of when I was a kid......my mom would say.... dads gonna whip your ass when he gets home.... the wait for it was 100 times worse... when I got my ass whip'n it was kind off a relief

looking over your shoulder,... waiting for it..... no way to live:(:p

when something bad happens to me , I have to wonder what I did....when I think of tooo many reasons.... I know more bad is coming...:p that really sucks...

I kinda believe that just because you don't get caught....or you think no one see's you......doesn't mean you got away with it...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
All day long. I am sure crazy in the bed , but she would take ur wallet going out the door. [emoji12][emoji202]

when you're getting your freak on in bed.... lock your wallet in the car:p:thumbup:

thought you liv'd in vegas:rolleyes

PVHCA

Reaction score

I started a thread a few months back about Becki's son buying a mountain bike from a reputable pawn shop, ended up being stolen, Pawn Shop pointed the blame at the Pomona PD, victim got his bike back, pawn shop kept Becki's son's $3K and he's out the bike and the $$$. Seems the same can happen in this situation.