WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The demise of the Republic

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh and if my work spoke for itself I wouldn't need a union or something like that? Lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
choosing no career, scamming welfare, or a 'from the old country, push cart type of business'. US history and our own families will tell us that 'those who migrated before us, did so to become Americans'. Today, people come here for different reasons, none of which benefit THIS COUNTRY, in any way. My dad's parents WANTED to learn English, so they could go forward in the US economy. Today, we print welfare, WIC, and political papers in many languages. Why should anyone feel the need to join in our 'American way' when they can 'drift along the sidelines, in the shadows, picking up scraps and NEVER PAYING their fair share for the services they use'. Not controlling our borders absolutely guaranties a 'silent lower class of people', never allowed to be anything more. For those who insist that we let 'everyone into this country', I say "only if you take 1/2 of them to YOUR house!" Who are you, protesting in the streets and not at work, to tell the majority of us who do work, what is right and what is just in this country ? FREE SPEECH and political action are two different things, and should not be confused. We have become so 'diverse' that there is no 'straight and narrow path' anymore. America WAS the melting pot of the world's people, and now it is closer than ever to just being 'the people's pot of the world', because every SPECIAL GROUP wants to 'change things', always different, never better for the country. Once upon a time, Pittsburg was the 'steel capitol of the world', (numbers rivaled all of Europe together) and in the late 19th century the workers UNIONIZED. They did so mostly for safety, equality of wages, and work hours. This union (like many others) started out with a 'heart of gold' and the workers had a mutual respect with their union. Over the years of prosperity, the union built up a 'wall' between itself and the business owners, only because they were 'on the side of the workers'. As the 'steel business around the world started to change in the late 1950's' and Americans now had to compete with Europe, Japan, China, India, and even the USSR, the union failed to reconsider it's relationship with the steel companies. In some of our own lifetimes we can remember "cheap jap junk", "plastic instead of metal?", "Borgward, Prinz, Nissan, and VW", and the growing tide of imports. The union never noticed, and tried to control the US steel business right up until it was NO MORE. Was that 'their best' for the workers ? Hell no and YOU are on your own, no matter what the union says ! Some of us 'older members', have lived through the past political and business changes in this country, and we are trying to warn you. We are trying to warn you about the current 'sociopolitical changes' that are in motion right now. If the USA is at the top of the world's socioeconomic ladder, and Bangladesh is at the bottom, isn't it easier to disrupt an organized rich country than a poor disorganized one ? If you were the Captain of a boat that was sinking because it had; no credibility with it's allies, corrupt legal system, (Holder) corrupt political system, (Obama) failed military policies, and trying to kill it's own economy, would you INVITE more people into the boat if they had no 'buckets to help bale' ? Our CAPTAIN is still on this course.........

Warm me? U older guys would b sitting pretty like mr 86. All I can do is hope u guys r wrong and b prepared if you're right

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Lol u see what u want. I believe u were the one that said it's not a career and the union is protection for the lazy

YOU said it yourself, you work around a bunch of lazy guys. Out of a union, those guys would be gone. You are blind to your alliegence to your own union.

Hanging drywall is NOT a career. Being a carpenter is. You will think otherwise as a 40 or 50 year old when your back fails. You can take that to the bank.

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
YOU said it yourself, you work around a bunch of lazy guys. Out of a union, those guys would be gone. You are blind to your alliegence to your own union.

Hanging drywall is NOT a career. Being a carpenter is. You will think otherwise as a 40 or 50 year old when your back fails. You can take that to the bank.

Brian

Nobody in my union company is lazy or they db at the hall. I've never said any coworker was lazy. I've never said non union guys a lazy I said their quality is shit

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I said I work around a bunch of 40 year olds that can still hang lids and aren't broken

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
And carpenters hang drywall that makes no sense

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
And carpenters hang drywall that makes no sense

and AGAIN, I said what I knew to be a Carpenter, and I know several, was not hanging drywall.

I will call up some peeps and find out if they hang rockboard.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
U can just go to the south west carpenters website and see everything we do. We do free form lath rocks, all the shit at amusement parks. we do efis, we do solar the trade is growing

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
AZ, can't even get through and read that.

choosing no career, scamming welfare, or a 'from the old country, push cart type of business'. US history and our own families will tell us that 'those who migrated before us, did so to become Americans'. Today, people come here for different reasons, none of which benefit THIS COUNTRY, in any way. My dad's parents WANTED to learn English, so they could go forward in the US economy. Today, we print welfare, WIC, and political papers in many languages. Why should anyone feel the need to join in our 'American way' when they can 'drift along the sidelines, in the shadows, picking up scraps and NEVER PAYING their fair share for the services they use'. Not controlling our borders absolutely guaranties a 'silent lower class of people', never allowed to be anything more. For those who insist that we let 'everyone into this country', I say "only if you take 1/2 of them to YOUR house!" Who are you, protesting in the streets and not at work, to tell the majority of us who do work, what is right and what is just (honorable) in this country ? FREE SPEECH and political action are two different things, and should not be confused. We have become so 'diverse' that there is no 'straight and narrow path' anymore. America WAS the melting pot of the world's people, and now it is closer than ever to just being 'the people's pot of the world', because every SPECIAL GROUP wants to 'change things', always different, never better for the country. Once upon a time, Pittsburg was the 'steel capitol of the world', (numbers rivaled all of Europe together) and in the late 19th century the workers UNIONIZED. They did so mostly for safety, equality of wages, and work hours. This union (like many others) started out with a 'heart of gold' and the workers had a mutual respect with their union. Over the years of prosperity, the union built up a 'wall' between itself and the business owners, only because they were 'on the side of the workers'. As the 'steel business around the world started to change in the late 1950's' and Americans now had to compete with Europe, Japan, China, India, and even the USSR, the union failed to reconsider it's relationship with the steel companies. In some of our own lifetimes we can remember "cheap jap junk", "plastic instead of metal?", "Borgward, Prinz, Nissan, and VW", and the growing tide of imports. The union never noticed, and tried to control the US steel business right up until it was NO MORE. Was that 'their best' for the workers ? Hell no and YOU are on your own, no matter what the union says ! Some of us 'older members', have lived through the past political and business changes in this country, and we are trying to warn you. We are trying to warn you about the current 'sociopolitical changes' that are in motion right now. If the USA is at the top of the world's socioeconomic ladder, and Bangladesh is at the bottom, isn't it easier to disrupt an organized rich country than a poor disorganized one ? If you were the Captain of a boat that was sinking because it had; no credibility with it's allies, corrupt legal system, (Holder) corrupt political system, (Obama) failed military policies, and trying to kill it's own economy, would you BORROW more money and INVITE more people into the boat if they had no 'buckets to help bale' ? Our CAPTAIN is still on this course.........

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
True I'll admit that. And I'm hard headed another good/bad trait

"to a fault" is the phrase you are looking for, because that is what it is.

Being hard headed is good, but being hardheaded and knowing when to also concede is wisdom.

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
"to a fault" is the phrase you are looking for, because that is what it is.

Being hard headed is good, but being hardheaded and knowing when to also concede is wisdom.

Brian

I like that

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Ok my apologies I thought u were being passive aggressive I was wrong

Nah, in your short experience here, you should have known by now, if I got something to say, I already said it.

In the words of Biggie Smalls, "If you didn't know, now you know."

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nah, in your short experience here, you should have known by now, if I got something to say, I already said it.

In the words of Biggie Smalls, "If you didn't know, now you know."

Brian

Lol I like that too you're fire right now

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Ill trust the employed "Carpenters" I know, I have no idea if they are union or not, never asked. They are always working and one has been called owner for sometime.

I've never seen them covered in white and never seen gyp around.

Brian

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
AZ, can't even get through and read that.
Blame a union teacher, if you can't read this ! HA HA I don't hate unions, I had to join one to do big FX projects for the studios. I just equate unions to "uncle Bob got me some work". I drive uncle Bob to work every day. (union dues) Bob and I drink beers on the way home. (union benefits) One day Bob got in a fight with the owner, so I need a new job. There are no 'nephew jobs' in the paper. Wish I had more skills. I'm screwed !

HotRod82

Reaction score
Hmmm....vicious13 has a good job he enjoys making a decent living and you guys are giving him shit about it? I said in a previous thread the american dream is alive and well and this dude is proving it. I made a living out of being a tradesman, which led me to manager, which led me to business owner, which led me to selling said business and retiring at 46. v-13 keep swinging that hammer, it will lead to great things if you are willing to take a chance or two along the way.

500bbc

Reaction score
Hmmm....vicious13 has a good job he enjoys making a decent living and you guys are giving him shit about it? I said in a previous thread the american dream is alive and well and this dude is proving it. I made a living out of being a tradesman, which led me to manager, which led me to business owner, which led me to selling said business and retiring at 46. v-13 keep swinging that hammer, it will lead to great things if you are willing to take a chance or two along the way.

Yes but the trades are not what they used to be. Wages are severely depressed. I pay lead carpenters what I was paid as lead thirty five years ago, actual rate, not adjusted for inflation.:(

V's no slug, he'll be good.:D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Thanks hotrod I'm living my American dream and plan to push as far as I can and them a little more [emoji106]

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score

You are proof that you still needed to GO OUT ON YOUR OWN to really get ahead. Few here are bagging on the union, but when Mr V-13 says "great career", "Obama is great", "everything is OK in America". I say NO !

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Agreed.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
U guys may not like me
But I really feel at home now [emoji4][emoji7]

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Agreed but so do the guys bashing my union or career
V....you need to look back at this thread.....the one who started the Union Bashing was..........YOU!!

No one even mentioned unions until you did....take a look back. I can understand how you and H86 are sensitive as in the past you guys have been in others sights....but this time you are the one that brought up unions.

So as long as you did let me give you MY experience as a "Union Brother"; I still remember to this day where I was when I was verbally reprimanded by my union shop steward for WORKING TOO HARD and making the others look bad.....I'll never forget that and how I was threatened with all kinds of shit if I didn't slow down. :yikes

I was so taken aback by this lack of basic human ambition and promoting the "Weakest Link" that this alone motivated me to get the hell out, go into sales and not too long after that as a result, starting my own business. By the time I was 27 I had a $20M business with over 70 employees, owned a nice home, an airplane, Schiada, a house at the river, drove a BMW and belonged to a very nice country club......thank God for me that I was a member of a union and they were so concerned about promoting mediocrity..........doesn't sound like your union was like mine but I'm glad that stupid fucking shop Steward set me straight all those years ago :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
U guys may not like me
But I really feel at home now [emoji4][emoji7]

I want to like you. I am just trying to figure out how.

I see myself in my early youth before I learned to shut my mouth, and learn from those who knew some shit....and I am trying to pay it forward.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
27 Paul,

Fuck, I am seriously behind. Damn economy.

V....you need to look back at this thread.....the one who started the Union Bashing was..........YOU!!

No one even mentioned unions until you did....take a look back. I can understand how you and H86 are sensitive as in the past you guys have been in others sights....but this time you are the one that brought up unions.

So as long as you did let me give you MY experience as a "Union Brother"; I still remember to this day where I was when I was verbally reprimanded by my union shop steward for WORKING TOO HARD and making the others look bad.....I'll never forget that and how I was threatened with all kinds of shit if I didn't slow down. :yikes

I was so taken aback by this lack of basic human ambition and promoting the "Weakest Link" that this alone motivated me to get the hell out, go into sales and not too long after that as a result, starting my own business. By the time I was 27 I had a $20M business with over 70 employees, owned a nice home, an airplane, Schiada, a house at the river, drove a BMW and belonged to a very nice country club......thank God for me that I was a member of a union and they were so concerned about promoting mediocrity..........doesn't sound like your union was like mine but I'm glad that stupid fucking shop Steward set me straight all those years ago :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
27 Paul,

Fuck, I am seriously behind. Damn economy.

I've got less than half a year I better get on it. I don't know if I have what it takes to run a business of that caliber and that's just me being honest I don't take stress well and that sounds like a ton

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

That's impressive Paul (and I know U aren't bragging) I can only hope to accomplish so much. And to be honest when I worked at UPS I was told that same thing. [emoji21]

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm not a union basher per se, nor do I think it's any of my business to get in the way of a man who wants to earn as much as he can.

My only issue is this:
It's one thing to earn as much as you can by busting your ass to rise up above your peers.

It's quite another to think one is entitled to a rate of pay simply because you've been doing it for so long.

I absolutely think the guys on this forum - union or not - fall into the first group.

500bbc

Reaction score

Do you want to hire an apprentice?:D

Hammer

Reaction score
I've never said non union guys a lazy I said their quality is shit

How would you know non union quality is shit ? Because "the all mighty union" didn't teach them they must be incompetent ? All you know is what the union taught you. You probably use the term "scabs" as well.

You come off as a union snob sometimes that thinks he's "above" the non union carpenter, don't hate I hard workers in the trades because they are non union.

I respect that you are working hard to earn a living and get yours. Have some respect for the guys that don't need a union to get theirs...

May I ask how you got into the union ?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
How would you know non union quality is shit ? Because "the all mighty union" didn't teach them they must be incompetent ? All you know is what the union taught you. You probably use the term "scabs" as well.

You come off as a union snob sometimes that thinks he's "above" the non union carpenter, don't hate I hard workers in the trades because they are non union.

I respect that you are working hard to earn a living and get yours. Have some respect for the guys that don't need a union to get theirs...

May I ask how you got into the union ?

Because I've worked with several non union companies and non union guys. I've had non union contractors brag to people about how they have union guys doing the work. Non union isn't offered the training union guys are. I'll put my union pay check on the line against anyone that wants to race and put up quality work. I'll back up what I say

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I sold weed to a union guy and his son also union. I got let go from ups over a failed drug test. They asked if I wanted a real job. I showed up the next morning they sent me to the union and I joined up.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm sure there's some sort of statistic out there

No statistic, you said YOU don't want to work hard, as in ME (a white American).. Show a little respect for your "FELLOW" Americans. Lazy or not we as Americans regardless of our ethnic background should be working together to make this country great again. Maybe you should read the OP's post again....